Gathering at ASTRO Labs [Elseworlds/What If?]

ASTRO Labs! Cutting edge of a wide variety of technologies, it helps keep Freedom City at the forefront of the new information economy. But don't let its abilities in pure research fool you! ASTRO Labs also provides plans and fabrications for prototype battlesuits, high energy supercolliders, and other more defense-oriented products.

seanavatar.jpg

"No....you got my meaning the first time."

It wasn't a possibility Sean had considered before - doubles on this world. All he had been content with was trying to work out where the heck he was and how to get back home. But now... Why, meeting his double would allow him to answer the question he's always wanted answered! Who would win in a fight between me and myself! He started going through the scenario in him mind while the world around him faded away, 'Ok, so if we're both equal, I guess it would come down to who was facing into the sun. Or maybe who had the high ground. That said, I know me - if I could get around to my left and use my right to kind of grab my arm, I could flip myself onto my back!' So far gone is he with his little scenario, that he doesn't realise that the truck has stopped. The back doors of the van pull open and the camera man stands there, eyeing them, "Ok, that's your ride. Now get back to your tour, or whatever. You, Sean, grab the stuff. We've got overlay to shoot." With that, he grabs the camera by the door and leaves the van open for everyone to get out.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ASTRO Labs! Cutting edge of a wide variety of technologies, it helps keep Freedom City at the forefront of the new information economy. But don't let its abilities in pure research fool you! ASTRO Labs also provides plans and fabrications for prototype battlesuits, high energy supercolliders, and other more defense-oriented products.

seanavatar.jpg

It wasn't a possibility Sean had considered before - doubles on this world. All he had been content with was trying to work out where the heck he was and how to get back home. But now... Why, meeting his double would allow him to answer the question he's always wanted answered! Who would win in a fight between me and myself! He started going through the scenario in him mind while the world around him faded away, 'Ok, so if we're both equal, I guess it would come down to who was facing into the sun. Or maybe who had the high ground. That said, I know me - if I could get around to my left and use my right to kind of grab my arm, I could flip myself onto my back!' So far gone is he with his little scenario, that he doesn't realise that the truck has stopped. The back doors of the van pull open and the camera man stands there, eyeing them, "Ok, that's your ride. Now get back to your tour, or whatever. You, Sean, grab the stuff. We've got overlay to shoot." With that, he grabs the camera by the door and leaves the van open for everyone to get out.

seanavatar.jpg

The back doors of the van pull open and the camera man stands there, eyeing them, "Ok, that's your ride. Now get back to your tour, or whatever. You, Sean, grab the stuff. We've got overlay to shoot." With that, he grabs the camera by the door and leaves the van open for everyone to get out.

Lila nearly fell out of the van when the door opened. She stumbled out onto the street and started looking around for the Astro Labs building. It was kinda hard to miss.

"That's it," she said, as the others piled out behind her. She grabbed Bailey by the arm and turned to the guys. "Ya'll go first. We're right behind you."

The back doors of the van pull open and the camera man stands there, eyeing them, "Ok, that's your ride. Now get back to your tour, or whatever. You, Sean, grab the stuff. We've got overlay to shoot." With that, he grabs the camera by the door and leaves the van open for everyone to get out.

Lila nearly fell out of the van when the door opened. She stumbled out onto the street and started looking around for the Astro Labs building. It was kinda hard to miss.

"That's it," she said, as the others piled out behind her. She grabbed Bailey by the arm and turned to the guys. "Ya'll go first. We're right behind you."

seanavatar.jpg

Sean felt the need to move forward, to show that everything was going to be alright. The question was, who was going to tell him that everything was going to be alright? Without looking back, "C'mon.", he started to move toward the ASTRO labs building. He couldn't believe he was doing this. This was like reading your comics in 3D... only better! This is the place where Captain Thunder lately subdued Dr. Stratos! This is where a vast majority of the scientific research of Freedom City went on! This is... this is a location from a comic. Sean shook his head and continued on. Comic book or no, this was where he was going to find a way home, for himself and the others. "Excuse me... excuse me... pardon me..." he pushed his way through the people walking the streets, through the front door of ASTRO labs (feeling, once again, an odd sensation of 'I can't believe this is happening') and walked up to the reception desk. The man behind it smiled, "Welcome to ASTRO labs, how can I help you today? If you're here for the tour, you're a little late, but we're taking bookings for tomorrow's jaunt into the 'future of technology'." Sean shakes his head dismissively, "One 'way home', please?" The receptionists smile relaxes a little, "I beg your pardon?". "Home, I need to get there." The man expression becomes confused, "Well, if you tell me where you live, I might be able to help out..." This is where Sean hesistated. The time had come to decide whether to trust his fate to others. He's seen so many movies when the ones you trust turn out to be the ones who betray you, just like in 'Freedom City' issue 119, when the Freedom League discover their counterparts on 'Anti-Earth'. Sean finds it hard to continue, "Well... er..." He looks back to see if the others are still behind him.

seanavatar.jpg

Sean felt the need to move forward, to show that everything was going to be alright. The question was, who was going to tell him that everything was going to be alright? Without looking back, "C'mon.", he started to move toward the ASTRO labs building. He couldn't believe he was doing this. This was like reading your comics in 3D... only better! This is the place where Captain Thunder lately subdued Dr. Stratos! This is where a vast majority of the scientific research of Freedom City went on! This is... this is a location from a comic. Sean shook his head and continued on. Comic book or no, this was where he was going to find a way home, for himself and the others. "Excuse me... excuse me... pardon me..." he pushed his way through the people walking the streets, through the front door of ASTRO labs (feeling, once again, an odd sensation of 'I can't believe this is happening') and walked up to the reception desk. The man behind it smiled, "Welcome to ASTRO labs, how can I help you today? If you're here for the tour, you're a little late, but we're taking bookings for tomorrow's jaunt into the 'future of technology'." Sean shakes his head dismissively, "One 'way home', please?" The receptionists smile relaxes a little, "I beg your pardon?". "Home, I need to get there." The man expression becomes confused, "Well, if you tell me where you live, I might be able to help out..." This is where Sean hesistated. The time had come to decide whether to trust his fate to others. He's seen so many movies when the ones you trust turn out to be the ones who betray you, just like in 'Freedom City' issue 119, when the Freedom League discover their counterparts on 'Anti-Earth'. Sean finds it hard to continue, "Well... er..." He looks back to see if the others are still behind him.

seanavatar.jpg

Bailey and Lila were right behind Sean. The had a little more trouble pushing their way through the crowd, and Bailey had nearly broken into a run just to keep up. Dragging Lila with her, she walked up right behind Sean just as he got to the difficult part.

"Well... er..." He looks back to see if the others are still behind him.

"I live in Virginia," Bailey said, stepping up to the desk. "Only in the Virginia I live in, Freedom City only exists in comic books. We don't belong here, and we'd like to go home . . . please." She turned to the others to see if they had something they wanted to add.

"Oh . . . and she can turn invisible. She couldn't do that before. People don't do that where we come from." Bailey put her arm around Lila and smiled at the receptionist as if waiting for her to take out her magic wand, wave it, and send them home.

Bailey and Lila were right behind Sean. The had a little more trouble pushing their way through the crowd, and Bailey had nearly broken into a run just to keep up. Dragging Lila with her, she walked up right behind Sean just as he got to the difficult part.

"I live in Virginia," Bailey said, stepping up to the desk. "Only in the Virginia I live in, Freedom City only exists in comic books. We don't belong here, and we'd like to go home . . . please." She turned to the others to see if they had something they wanted to add.

"Oh . . . and she can turn invisible. She couldn't do that before. People don't do that where we come from." Bailey put her arm around Lila and smiled at the receptionist as if waiting for her to take out her magic wand, wave it, and send them home.

Oh well....Here goes...

"We believe that we were all sucked through a multi-D vortex, theoretically along Traditional Level 3 Multiverse Theory. We have all come from vastly different global co-ordinates, but the same temporal ones.....It was 2008 where you guys came from? Right?

Or rather what I mean to say is, we are not from this iteration of the multiverse. Where we come from, Metahumans and advanced metaphysical phenomenon are non-existent or barely creep over into the world; depending on your point of view. We do have a form of Mass Communication known as Comic Books which tell tales of Super-Heroes...etc...etc. The most popular in our, native frame of reference, tell the story of your world. They Feature the Freedom League and Astro Labs quiet prominently. When we got over the whole idea that someone was playing an elaborate prank on us, we came here first for help.

This is not a joke, this is extremely serious. We need to see whomever is your brightest physicist focusing in M Theory or Quantum, and we need to do it ASAP.

Oh well....Here goes...

"We believe that we were all sucked through a multi-D vortex, theoretically along Traditional Level 3 Multiverse Theory. We have all come from vastly different global co-ordinates, but the same temporal ones.....It was 2008 where you guys came from? Right?

Or rather what I mean to say is, we are not from this iteration of the multiverse. Where we come from, Metahumans and advanced metaphysical phenomenon are non-existent or barely creep over into the world; depending on your point of view. We do have a form of Mass Communication known as Comic Books which tell tales of Super-Heroes...etc...etc. The most popular in our, native frame of reference, tell the story of your world. They Feature the Freedom League and Astro Labs quiet prominently. When we got over the whole idea that someone was playing an elaborate prank on us, we came here first for help.

This is not a joke, this is extremely serious. We need to see whomever is your brightest physicist focusing in M Theory or Quantum, and we need to do it ASAP.

Oh well....Here goes...

Lila watched the expression of disbelief form on the man's face.

"It's true," she said. "Watch!"

Lila closed her eyes and concentrated hard. Nothing.

"Crap!" she thought. How had she done it before? "Got it!"

Lila tried to think of the most embarrassing thing possible. That was what seemed to do the trick the last time. For a few seconds she wracked her brain, reliving some truly humiliating moments, and then it hit her. The grand prize! That thing that she had been trying not to think about for the last hour. Just the thought that R.J. might have been reading her mind all this time caused her face to turn beat read, and she vanished again.

"See?" said the disembodied voice. "Invisible."

Lila tried to think of the most embarrassing thing possible. That was what seemed to do the trick the last time. For a few seconds she wracked her brain, reliving some truly humiliating moments, and then it hit her. The grand prize! That thing that she had been trying not to think about for the last hour. Just the thought that R.J. might have been reading her mind all this time caused her face to turn beat read, and she vanished again.

"Oh my!" the man said. "Wait right here. And . . . and . . . you, young lady. Please become visible again . . . right now!"

The man pushed a button on his keyboard. It turned red and started flashing. He then picked up his phone. "This is the front desk," he said. "We have a code blue in the lobby. And you may want to send Dr. Maclean. He's going to want to see this."

The man turned back to the new arrivals. He forced a smile. "Someone will be with you in just a moment."

"Oh my!" the man said. "Wait right here. And . . . and . . . you, young lady. Please become visible again . . . right now!"

The man pushed a button on his keyboard. It turned red and started flashing. He then picked up his phone. "This is the front desk," he said. "We have a code blue in the lobby. And you may want to send Dr. Maclean. He's going to want to see this."

The man turned back to the new arrivals. He forced a smile. "Someone will be with you in just a moment."

seanavatar.jpg

Looking around the room, trying to seem as inconspicuous as possible standing next to an invisible person (which was harder than you may have guessed), Sean does a nervous shuffle. Outside he smiles, a little coyly, doing his best not to show his internal dialogue which cosists of: 'oh God, oh God, oh God, oh God, oh God, oh God - I hope I've done the right thing! Dragging these guys in here. Code blue!? What the heck does that mean? Is that like, 'we're here to help you' blue or more of a 'purge the foul beasties' blue? Oh God, I hope we don't get 'purged'...' He continues smiling when a security team headed by another man come through the elevator at the head of the lobby and walk directly toward them, 'Do they look like they want to purge? What does someone who wants to purge look like? Why can't I think of another word besides purge!?'

seanavatar.jpg

Looking around the room, trying to seem as inconspicuous as possible standing next to an invisible person (which was harder than you may have guessed), Sean does a nervous shuffle. Outside he smiles, a little coyly, doing his best not to show his internal dialogue which cosists of: 'oh God, oh God, oh God, oh God, oh God, oh God - I hope I've done the right thing! Dragging these guys in here. Code blue!? What the heck does that mean? Is that like, 'we're here to help you' blue or more of a 'purge the foul beasties' blue? Oh God, I hope we don't get 'purged'...' He continues smiling when a security team headed by another man come through the elevator at the head of the lobby and walk directly toward them, 'Do they look like they want to purge? What does someone who wants to purge look like? Why can't I think of another word besides purge!?'

seanavatar.jpg

The man in the front of the group can't quite be said to be leading it. It looks like he's being prodded forward every few steps when he is about to turn back towards the elevators, and his face is just a little upset. The security personnel pull down visors and take up positions near any doorways or elevators that would lead deeper into the building. They look focused and ready for action, not like the run-of-the-mill security guards that might be seen at a mall or even a bank.

"What's going on here? I sent that Murphy boy out to get my lunch, and he still isn't back yet. Besides, there's work to be done, urgent work, and I can't talk about it down here now, can I? Whole gaggle of people in this lobby," he says.

"Dr. Maclean, there's a girl here who can turn invisible," says one of the helpers herding him through the lobby. Though they all have different builds and complexions, there's something distinctly similar about their white lab suits worn over white collared shirts and black pleated pants. "She..."

He cuts her off, "Fine. Call the Freedom League, to join if she's friendly, or for them to do whatever it is they do to super-villains. I don't have time for this."

One of the other ones says, "She also claimed she was from another dimension."

Dr. Maclean stops suddenly, causing the people behind him to stumble against him. For a wiry older man, he seems very forceful when he finally concentrates on something.

"Where is she? I want to speak with her immediately," he says, looking around. "Show yourself, young woman."