Wayward Transit (OOC, Open)

Ari

I'm out of town, on my phone, and awake at three am. I started working on a reply, but I'm gonna put it here so I don't lose my thoughts when I get back this afternoon.

//

Hormonal and crazy that teenagers are, the seeming flip of a switch for his moods was the desperation of all teenagers to be normal and accepted, and it was especially hard and potent for Brian, whom had spent most of his life on a ship or at a dig site. At the comment of boredom, Brian's naive attitude took it from the lovely heroine as an expression of disapproval, and the seeming suddenness and severity made Brian feel like a child caught with his hands in a cookie jar, thinking he did something wrong but not knowing what, on the grander - and more important to a socially conscious teen - scale of in front of his peers and seniors.

More important than the words, the tone and acceptance reached Brian. His face no longer had that shameful embarrassment, but it was more... hopeful, the sort of embarrassment friends could tease each other about in good humor.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, Jube and the geek from ASTRO Lab (who really should have a name...) were so absorbed in their conversation that they didn't notice anything weird until it was far too late to do anything about it. Otherwise, it's not at all clear why Jube wouldn't have at least tried to do something, like maybe evacuate everyone off the bus, when the weird figures first showed up.

I'm sorry, I should have remembered to mention that this was an instance of GM fiat. So, belatedly, this an instance of GM fiat, meaning a Hero Point for all! Except KoS, because there has to be some penalty for this lapse, and as this isn't face-to-face, you can't give me icy stares while I fumble around for an excuse. So again, sorry for not mentioning that actually pretty important piece of information, I'll be sure to ask for more feedback in the future, not to mention making clear whether what's happening is interactive or not.

ASTRO Geek's name is, uh, Martin Brandtford.

Suggestion for future reference, Arichamus: The next time you find yourself needing to lay down a GM Fiat, try mentioning it first in the OOC thread -- and say, "Here's what I need the PCs to do for this bit: [description of actions or whatever] Can you all please come up with your own reasons for why your character did what they did? Thanks much, and since this is GM Fiat, go ahead and collect a Hero Point for your trouble!"

Yes, I realize that the narration specifically states that the bus wasn't damaged. Jubatus went into full "damage control" mode anyway, because he's a fussbudget perfectionist and he hates leaving anything to chance if he can help it.

Azuth: Sorry about that! Thought you were busy, But didn't know how much. See you around 6is then!

fF: It will be done. Feel free to weigh in on events whenever.

Quote: Yeah, should've made it more clear that Marcy's question was in earnest, an d not just filler :? .

Alright, thanks everybody, thought you guys were busy with other threads, Let's say Jubatus acts as de facto diplomat in this instance, and in a couple GM posts we'll get back to conversing as almost usual. Sound good?