The Jade Arenas of Heaven: Poison Desires [OOC]

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, then.

Changeling would know that these guys -- ten, dressed in funereal garb, assuming guises like demons -- are the Yama Kings, the judges of Di Yu, the Chinese underworld. They are the ones who oversee judgment of sinners whose crimes keep them from reaching the heights of Tian. While the punishments they met out may be a bit extreme, it's not about torture for torture's sake -- like, say, Hell -- but rather about purging the soul of any corruptive influences before it enters the cycle of reincarnation.

Okay, we're on to the first major fight scene! Here's how it's going to be. Technically, each of these fights is happening at a different time, but they're all being run at once. So, Fulcrum could easily be in the stands for Mad Dog's match, Changeling could easily see Sage's, and so on. If you've got Master Plan, feel free to make a roll for time spent down in the room beneath the arena.

Now, then, let's get on to the foes! Changeling's foe, Bastion, is based on AA's Psychic build, with caps adjusted for PL12 -- so, Attack +8 (+12 Ranged/+13 Pistol), Defense +14 (+4 Flat-Footed), Toughness +10, Fortitude +9, Reflex +10, Will +12, and powers adjusted to match the risen Damage cap.

Fulcrum's foe, Totem, is based on AA's Ultra Hero build, with caps adjusted for PL14 - so, Strength 38/18 (+14/+4), Attack +10 (+14 Unarmed/Healing/Snare), Defense +16 (+5 Flat-Footed), Toughness +12, Fortitude +10, Reflex +10, Will +10, and powers adjusted to match the risen Damage cap.

Sage's foe, Kikidie, is based on AA's Psychic Gorilla build, with caps adjusted for PL12 - so, Strength 34/22 (+14/6), Attack +7 w/ Growth (+8 Melee, +12 Unarmed), Defense +12 (+3 Flat-Footed w/ Growth), Toughness +12, Fortitude +10, Reflex +6, Will +12, and powers adjusted to match the risen Damage cap.

Mad Dog's foe, Red Rook, is based on AA's Golem build, with caps adjusted for PL11 - so, Strength 32, Attack +7 (+11 Unarmed), Defense +7 (+2 Flat-Footed), Toughness +15, Reflex +5, Will +7, and powers adjusted to match the risen Damage cap.

Red Rook goes on 13.

Bastion goes on 24.

Kikidee goes on 22.

Totem goes on 9.

Totem is about 100 feet away. And as long as the opponent has a good chance of breaking the pin or snare, they're not technically "down."

And as I don't want to keep you guys waiting, let's start this round. Bastion begins with an outright telekinetic blast! And... um. So... that's going to be a DC32 Toughness save.

All right, then. As combat has begun, here's how the rounds stand:

Bastion: 24, Unharmed, 0 HP

Changeling: 5, Bruised x1, Stunned (Bastion's Action), 0 HP

Mad Dog: 18, Unharmed, 1 HP

Red Rook: 13, Unharmed, 0 HP

Fulcrum: 17, Unharmed, 1 HP

Totem: 9, Unharmed, 0 HP

That just leaves Sage for Initiative.

And she's Stunned and Staggered.

Changeling: 5, Bruised x1, Stunned (Bastion's Action), 0 HP

Red Rook: 13, Unharmed, 0 HP

Fulcrum: 17, Unharmed, 1 HP

Totem: 9, Stunned (Fulcrum's Action), Staggered, 0 HP

I think I'll wait for Sorus to post. If Sage doesn't go by tomorrow afternoon, though, I may move forward another round and "catch up" with Sage and Kikidee.

All right. Once we get the Round 2 actions for everyone else out of the way, I'd like to hold off until Sorus gets Sage's action in for Round 1, just so things don't get wholly discombobulated.

So, Totem calls down the thunder -- a Blast 14 lightning bolt that hits at Perception range! Fulcrum needs to make a DC29 Toughness save.

Meanwhile, Bastion goes against Changeling again, unleashing another TK volley, this one aimed at Grappling rather than hurting. This one, however, misses wildly. She's free to retaliate.

EDIT: Bah, forgot Totem was Staggered. Which means she can only either move or attack unless she wants to go unconscious. So, she stays still.

So Fulcrum's Bruised and Stunned, but not Staggered. And Sorus has let me know that he's letting Sage throw the match, as he can't really come up with much of a reason why she'd stick around to fight in the tournament when there's more pressing stuff down on Earth. So, she'll be there as a background figure, but she may beg leave from Guan Yu.

With that, here's where we are at the start of Round 3:

Changeling: 5, Bruised x1, 0 HP

Red Rook: 13, Unharmed, Staggered, 0 HP

Fulcrum: 17, Bruised x1, Stunned (Totem's Action), 1 HP

Totem: 9, Unharmed, Staggered, 0 HP

So I'll hold off on Totem's next action until Mad Dog acts and Darius can get a reaction post in on Fulcrum (if he wants to). Bastion, meanwhile, attempts to hit Changeling with yet another TK blast. And it juuuuuust misses. Except that it also totally misses because of Concealment.

Changeling and Mad Dog are up.