The Jade Arenas of Heaven: Shock the Monkey [OOC]

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is really no way that Silent Vigil can beat that Bluff Check, so he's flat-footed -- and gets hit anyway. He's Stunned and takes another Bruise, and I am not going to fiat this turn.

So, here's where we stand at the end of Round 2:

Genardine: 26, Bruised x2, 0 HP

Cannonade: 18, Unharmed, Master Plan (+2, 1 round), 4 HP

Sentinel: 19, Bruised x1, Stunned (Ironclad's Action), Staggered, 0 HP

Ironclad: 5, Unharmed, Master Plan (+2, 1 round), 2 HP

Myrmidon: 13, Unharmed, Master Plan (+2, 1 round), 0 HP

Wisp: 12, Unharmed, Master Plan (+2, 1 round), 2 HP

Silent Vigil: 6, Bruised x2, Stunned (Wisp's Action), 0 HP

Crow: 27, Unharmed, Master Plan (+2, 1 round), Partially Concealed, In Stealth, 2 HP

Bres the Beautiful: 25, Unharmed, 0 HP

I'll get an IC post up shortly, then we'll hit Round 3.

Actually, Crow is Completely Concealed due to the Obscure. ;)

And now for Phase 3! Lock Him Down! Obscure goes down to 100 feet at the edges, still pretty much fills the arena save for the 5-foot squares at the corners.

Standard Action: Stunt Snare 7 (Rune of Earthen Prison) (Extras: Regenerating; Flaws: Medium [Earth]) [8 pp] I think we can safely look at marble as a form of earth? Either way, hopefully that All Out Attack (+5 Attack, -5 Defense) Earth Bind Snare! (1d20+12=18) (EDIT: Please add +2 from Master Plan to that, Block check has to beat a 20) catches him Flat-Footed, and he needs to make an opposing Deflect check, followed by a DC 17 Reflex save.

Move Action: That’ll bring down Crow’s Concealment, so he’ll disappear to another point 50-60 feet from Bres (still in the Obscure), same Stealth check (24) as before, and hunker down. Bres needs to beat another DC 40 Notice check to spot him, again with Total Concealment from the Obscure.

And that's Phase 3, Crow is now down to 1 HP.

Fails the Deflect check, really fails the Reflex save. He is now Bound and Helpless. On his turn, he responds by trying to break his bonds with a Mystic Blast. The Snare takes a Bruise, but he's still held by it. And they will apparently patch that up next turn.

Now let's see where everyone else stands in Round 3:

Genardine: 26, Bruised x2, 0 HP

Cannonade: 18, Unharmed, Master Plan (+2, 1 round), 4 HP

Sentinel: 19, Bruised x1, Stunned (Sentinel's Action), Staggered, 0 HP

Ironclad: 5, Unharmed, Master Plan (+2, 1 round), 2 HP

Myrmidon: 13, Unharmed, Master Plan (+2, 1 round), 0 HP

Wisp: 12, Unharmed, Master Plan (+2, 1 round), 2 HP

Silent Vigil: 6, Bruised x2, 0 HP

Crow: 27, Unharmed, Master Plan (+2, 1 round), Concealed, In Stealth, 1 HP

Bres the Beautiful: 25, Unharmed, Helpless, 0 HP

Silent Vigil's Stun disappears at the start of Wisp's turn, and Sentinel is still Stunned from falling damage. So it's Genardine's turn. Sensing things are getting desperate, she once more tries to use Mind Control on Cannonade. Once more, Cannonade has to beat a DC20 Reflex to cover his ears, and a DC20 Will to throw it off. And he manages to plug his ears just in time. So it's his turn, and this time he's using Improved Grab to try to get a grapple as well. He hits her, and she needs to make a DC24 Toughness save.

...yup, she's down this time. Cannonade wins his bout.

Wisp and Ironclad are up.

Game over, Bres. Phase 4, Finish The Job! Full action Coup De Grace! That's a DC 27 Toughness check, and a DC 17 Fortitude save if he makes the first. And if he manages to make those, I'll spend an HP to take another Standard action and stomp his head into the ground again!

God, I forgot to make this clear earlier: Hero Points are refreshed. We're now back to what we were before combat started in the first rounds, and if we had any left over above our starting totals, they stick around (e.g., Cannonade ended combat with 4 HP and started with 3, so that 4th will stick around).

Ironclad: 22, Unharmed, 3 HP

Crab Yaoguai: 18, Unharmed, 0 HP

Bat Yaoguai: 12, Unharmed, 0 HP

Now, for the yaoguai. Crab guy moves fast and attempts to strike Ironclad. She attempts to strike when he gets in range, but misses. The crab hits, however, necessitating a DC25 Toughness save. The bat likewise tries to help her buddy out with a Blast/Dazzle combo. She rolls an 18, so that might not hit - depends on if the first attack Stuns Ironclad. If Ironclad's Stunned, then DC23 Toughness and DC18 Fortitude saves. If not, then neither.

As for Myrmidon, I'll allow him to Stunt an Affects Others Extra on Weapons Creation. Once everything's set up, Genardine goes on 10.