One Out of All Things (OOC)

Fox

Because it didn't already exist!

Still, pretty basic invention.

Comprehend 2 (Understand Any Written or Spoken, Extras: Affects Others, Drawbacks: Common Earth Languages) 5pp

The basic idea is that it's a doohickey with a fancy translation program on it; she 'borrowed' the translation libraries of a few translation services, and you can either translate by using the doohickey itself or loading its program into whatever convenient technological device you have (continuous duration, horray!). Both audio and text are translated into text; if you've loaded it into a computer world or a helmet or visor or somesuch, it looks like subtitles!

DC15 Design check, taking 10 for a check of 25; base time of 5 hours, down to 3 minutes of design with mental quickness. I could drop that even further by taking penalties on the check, but at 3 minutes I'm really not going to bother, especially since she started designing before they even took off!

DC15 Craft check, taking 10 for a check of 27; -10 to quarter the crafting time. Base crafting time of 20 hours, a quarter of which is 5 hours, so she should be done tinkering about when they land.

:science:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First things first, mostly for my purposes (and probably AA's), we have our cast of villains:

Cat Burglar

Sneak Thief

Tronik Villain

Portalist

So! Currently, we have Citizen vs Rogue, Dragonfly looking for Cat Burglar and Portalist, Sneak Thief...sneaking, Miss Americana running the operation, and Fenris still a bit away from getting in on the action.

AA has said he'll handle the virtual combat. But I'll be running Cat and Portal. I think we'll go ahead and roll inits for them and Dragonfly (that's your cue, Fox). And what we'll do is I'll make an IC post for them, then in Dragonfly's next IC post, she can run into them. Probably two rounds later, I'll bring Fenris in (to kind of even things up).

So!

Katkvinna (Cat Burglar) goes on an 8.

Valvportmann (Portalist) goes on an 8 as well.

Katkvinna has Dex 20 to Valvportmann's Dex 14, so she goes before him.

I need an Initiative Roll from Dragonfly!

Hm. Yeah, he's hit no matter what. So...

12 on a DC 25. Failed by...13. That's Staggered and Stunned. Ouch. Far too much ouch this early on; sorry Fox, but I'd rather keep him active for a couple of rounds, at least. So I'm turning that into 2 Bruises. Have a Hero Point for the Fiat.

To better keep track of things:

Hallway/Lab Fight, Round 1:

22: Dragonfly: Unhurt, 3 HP

8: Katkvinna: Unhurt

8: Valvportmann: 2xBruised

Fenris: Will arrive and roll init next round (after Valvportmann's action that round, so that he acts on Round 3)

So, first to go is Katkvinna. Since she's not the one getting the drop, she'll go for a more direct approach.

She's going to use Move-By Action to get out into the hall (away from the merchandise, and with a bit more room to play with) as she tries for an unarmed attack.

32 likely hits. Since I did nothing fancy with that one, that'll be a whopping DC 20 Toughness Save from Dragonfly.

Meanwhile, Valvportmann doesn't like getting hit with spatial blasts, and decides to throw a bunch of sharp rocks (obsidian, specifically) at her (he visited this one place a while ago that had a bunch of the stuff sitting around!).

Portal Barrage 26!

That's an Autofire with reduced interval, so, as I understand it, with DF's defense at 22, and me getting a 26, that's a +4 to the Toughness DC. Which makes it a Toughness Save DC 29. I think (Rank 10 Blast is 25, +4 is 29).

Dragonfly is up.

Dragonfly's not so big on being outnumbered in fights.

Move Action: Teleport over to the portalist.

Standard Action: Quality time in the pocket!

Melee Attack Roll vs. Portalist (Dimensional Pocket) (1d20 + 10=21)

Oooor not.

Yeah, what the hell - she got a hero point recently. Let's spend that sucker. Rerolling.

Melee Attack Roll REROLL vs. Portalist (Dimensional Pocket) (1d20 + 10=30)

:twisted:

The dice! They do love me!

Not much worth stunting for with the pp available in that array, though, so I'll go for the straight +5.

EDIT: Bah, crap. Having reviewed Atomic Think Tank at Shaen's suggestion, it seems that crits only boost the initial save. Poo. In that case, using the house crit rules to stunt....

Dimensional Pocket 10

....just to make it that much harder to get out of.

DC20 Reflex to not get pocket'd, and then DC20 Will saves (with a cumulative +1 bonus per failed will save) at the start of Dragonfly's turns to get un-pocket'd. IC post pending on save results; if the attack fails she's going to want to use Turnabout to get away from the portalist again.

First, status update:

Hallway/Lab Fight, Round 2:

22: Dragonfly: 2xBruised, 2 HP

Fenris: Will arrive and roll init this round after Valvportmann's action this round, so that he acts on Round 3, wherever his init falls.

So, moving to actions.

Katkvinna

I like the thematics of Move-By-Attack in this situation, especially with Portalist involved. So..

Move Action: Run past Dragonfly, attacking as she goes, ending up not far from a corner that happens to lead to the elevator.

Standard Action: Yowza, 32 should do it. DC 20 Toughness Save.

End turn for her, on to...

Valvportmann

Hm. I think he'll...

Move Action: Take several cautionary steps back, in the opposite direction of Katkvinna (thus making it harder for Dragonfly to engage them both).

Standard Action: Portal Barrage 16 misses. He's still shaken up about almost being Pocketed!

And now for the hero you've all been waiting for, with freshly-active Regen and Datalink...Fenris!

Hey, 20, I can live with that.

So, we'd start the top of our Round 3 with Dragonfly, and then Fenris. So....

Hallway/Lab Fight, Round 2:

22: Dragonfly: 3xBruised, 2 HP

20: Fenris: Unhurt, 1 HP

EDIT: For the curious, a translation of the German in the post:

You have put the lives of innocent children in the way of harm. You are unforgivable scum. Prepare yourselves to face my wrath, the wrath of the metal wolf of the world end!

Sneak Thief

Free Action: Drop Morph

Move Action: Draw her pistols

Standard Action: She'll open on Fenris, the new guy. Since she's using her Morph, she'll catch him flat-footed and power attack.

27 Well, that hits!

Blast 4+2 Sneak Attack+5 Power Attack+2 Autofire=Blast 13, or a DC 28 Tou save vs lethal for the Baron.

Slotting Sneak Thief in at Init 19.

Hallway/Lab Fight, Round 3:

21: Sneak Thief: Unhurt

20: Fenris: 1xInjured, 1xBruised, 0 HP

Dragonfly shot and missed, Sneak Thief hit, and...hm. Looks like it's to Fenris.

Right then. Poor Fenris is in a target-rich environment.

Poor Sneak Thief just put herself at the top of the list.

Also, between the fact that his timing is "poor" in that it risks correlating "Fenris" and "Baron Katastroff", his general Sense of Chivalry, the fact that this is his hospital, and the risk to Eira, I'm granting him a Hero Point.

So, moving on.

All Out Attack for 2, so +2 Attack, -2 Defense. Means +10 on attacks, +3 on Defense (he's Toughness shifted, so them's the breaks).

Power Attack for 2, so +2 Damage/DC, -2 Attack. So DC 25 on (in this case) Blast, +8 Attack

Free Action: Switch weapons array to PPCs (Blast 8)

Standard Action: Fire at Sneak Thief

24, which would be great, but she's defense-shifted, so misses by one. Forget that. HP to reroll.

10 is not better! Even with an extra 10, that's only 20!

Free Action: Extra Effort to Surge

Standard Action: Fire another shot!

15! Curses! That's a miss. No more HP or anything, either. :?

20: Fenris: 1xInjured, 1xBruised, 0 HP (Fatigued on Round 4)

Incidentally, if you feel there are conditions that would provoke a complication for your hero, by all means bring them up, and I'll try to hand HP out as the situation merits.

Sharl will try to Bluff Rogue as a Move Action, taking a -5 Penalty.

Not bad!

Oh for.

Well, he'll Power Attack her anyway. Time to raise the stakes...

26 He hits her Defense of 22. And she is unhurt. 27

Son of a

She'll try and Bluff him, taking a -5 Penalty

Vs his Bluff of

You know, I'm going to reroll that with an HP. He'll succeed automatically since he has Bluff +14.

She'll Power Attack him. And she misses too.

So none of them have tagged each other, and Sharl is down his Luck HP and his Miss A complication HP. Son of a...

So, first to Katkvinna. She's going to "crank up the heat" a little bit. She's going to be using Move-By Attack again, but...

Power Attack for 5: Attack becomes +10, but Toughness DC becomes 25.

Move Action: Run past Dragonfly again.

Standard Action: Melee Attack

15; she'd have missed even at full attack. Well, so it goes.

Meanwhile, Valvportmann is going to use both Move Actions to get inside the lab area again and start stuffing that duffel bag. The others seem to have things well in hand, and you wouldn't want the ride home getting knocked out!

Hallway/Lab Fight, Round 4:

Dragonfly is up.

Right then!

DC 28, hm?

22, fairly good for a +6 bonus.

...Wait, he's got 2 bruises. That's a 20. Still, he doesn't fail it by more than 10, so he picks up a Stun and a Bruise.

Hallway/Lab Fight, Round 4:

8: Valvportmann: 3xBruised, Stunned

Sneak Thief is up.