Final Sprint (IC)

Aoiroo

Eve laughed. --Sounds about the same here. Dodgeball would be particularly unfair; I'd know what they intended to do before they knew themselves.--

The telepath settled down onto one of the benches, the bottle of water still held in her hand. Brushing a hand through her short hair, and forcing it back into some semblance of neatness she took a quick sip of water and offered the bottle to Etain. --Was always good at reading people even before I could sense the thoughts of others. You're different Etain, perhaps you are a bit odd, yes. But you're a good person, and I like you.--

Etain smiled and glanced a bit at the girls hair, it looked soft, she sort of wanted to touch it, but knew that wasn't usually considered appropriate.

"I am no more good than most of the people I have met here, which I suppose says a lot about here. But, good is relative, in fact, what is good here might not be called that in a lot of places I have seen."

She maintained her smile but shrugged her shoulder,

"But I like good here, and I like the people here, and I like you because you are very good and very nice."

--Thank you, Etain.-- the telepath said, smiling and looking a bit shy. --What do you do after school? For fun, I mean.-- Eve worried on her lip for a moment, gathering her thoughts. Being honest with herself, she couldn't deny finding Etain attractive, and her odd mannerisms and pattern of speech was more endearing than off-putting. "Settle," the gymnast thought, reprimanding herself, "focus on the reality of things."

--Maybe some day we can go out,-- Eve suggested, --We're both going to be seniors next year, and we might be working together in the future. I'd like to get to know you better.--

Etain really had to think about it, she used to move about the city for class and to patrol, but otherwise she either hung out at Parkhurst or at her guardian's house. She might of sometimes gone around with Morgan and Victoria, but otherwise she left them to be with each other.

"I read a lot, I have had too, ohh, and I like swimming, the place I go after school it has a heated pool."

Looking over at Eve she gave her a smile,

"I would love to go with you. Maybe we could go swimming together, or we could go get some lunch time food, I am not so fond of the cafeteria so I eat bring my lunch, or if I have time go somewhere near the school."

She stopped for a second before thinking on the part of the sentence she had missed,

"Working together? On what?"

--Well, none of us here exist in a vacuum, and I've been using my time here at Claremont to network. I don't expect everyone here to dedicate their lives to hero work, most just want to get their abilities under control and then pursue their own dreams and amibtions.-- Eve shrugged, --I'm not sure where you fall in that, or what you intend to do after Claremont but in the meantime a significant number of Young Freedom is graduating.--

--But I suppose that's a conversation for another time. I would love to go swimming with you, or going out to eat or both.--

"Ohh, you mean going around helping people, like the Claremont team, yes, I do that as well. I guess that was a surprise since no one has offered to work with me on that, I have asked for help helping from others sometimes. If I think I may be useful, I go places of my own will and try to help, but no one has ever asked me to help."

Looking at Eve she smiled greatly,

"Than, we can perhaps go and eat and swim this weekend then, please give me a moment."

Etain moved away from Eve and went into the locker room. When she returned, she had the little orange cell phone in her hands.

"Can I have your number than, so we can meet?"

--Of course, this weekend sounds perfect.,-- Eve replied, smiling warmly at Etain. As recently as a year ago, the young Martel would have found herself a little upset, irrationally so. That she wasn't, and was in fact happy to be exchanging her number, spoke well of the Claremont counselors and her friends. --I hope you have text messaging,-- the telepath said after she gave the Illusionist her number, --I'm mute, I can't use a phone for voice calls.--

"Yes, of course, my phone is good for texting."

She flipped up the screen revealing a mini keyboard. Using it quickly she typed in the number into the contacts and pressed save as the warning bell began to rang for the class to end. She put her phone up so the teacher wouldn't see and gave Eve a smile,

"Alright than, I will text you later today once I have asked my guardians and than I will see you tomorrow."

Moved forward and gave Eve a peck on the cheek before turning and heading to the locker room to go change. She was really happy, she hadn't really gone anywhere recently and it would be nice to get out for a change.

The telepath's cheeks flushed a delicate apricot hue as she watched her gym partner head off, the physical sensation of that light, friendly, contact already fading to memory. The memory of Sage; who remembers everything. The gymnast remained seated on the bench, replaying the entire conversation over and over in her mind.

The sequence of events played through her mind numerous times, each time ending at that friendly peck on the cheek. In the end she had to finally head into the locker room herself; none the wiser from the repeated reexamination, but thankful that the room was blessedly clear of anyone else. Eve needed time to think.