Robots! (OOC)

Quinn

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robo-Turrets Initiative! (1d20+5=16, 1d20+5=15, 1d20+5=21)

Wyrd's Initiative! (1d20+7=16)

Push's Initiative! (1d20+8=16)

Ok, here's the SO&E.

Robo-Turret 3 - 21 - Uninjured

Glowstar - 20 - Uninjured - 4 HP

Equinox - 17 - Uninjured, Fatigued - 4 HP

Push - 16 - Uninjured - 3 HP

Wyrd - 16 - Uninjured

Robo-Turret 1 - 16 - Uninjured

Robo-Turret 2 - 15 - Uninjured

Blueshift - 13 - Uninjured - 3 HP

Note, these three robo-turrets (basically AA's Robot From Beyond build with no arms or legs) are the only ones currently active and pointing at you. There may be more in the ground, there may not. Or there may be other leetle surprises that you might run into crossing the cavern to get at Wyrd! :D It's a two to three round movement to get into the mole machine's cargo bay and up the gantries to where Equinox stated Wyrd is, incidentally; can be shortened by Speed or Flight, of course, but please alert me beforehand if you wish to simply go forward instead of fighting your way through. So I may plan accordingly. :twisted:

Right, Wyrd fires up the turrets, and the first one takes aim at Glowstar...Fire ze lazers! (1d20+8=10) and misses by a mile. Rav's up! Not Ecal! My bad!

Well, he can just shut up.

Free Action: Activate Force Field + Shield

Free Action: Maintain Flight

Free Action: Switch array to Area Blast 11

Free Action: Extra Effort: +2 ranks, for Area Blast 13

Standard Action: Make things go kablooie.

So, Reflex DC23 for half damage, then DC28 damage itself. And remember, radius means the damage is going to go downwards as well, and possibly wreck a lot of the floor.

And boom goes the dynamite.

DC 28 Toughness saves (Turrets) (1d20+10=23, 1d20+10=19, 1d20+10=26, 1d20+10=13) Ok, Turrets 1-3 are Bruised + Injured, and now for the HQ. DC 28 Toughness save! (1d20+25=45) And Wyrd mocks your feeble attempts to damage his headquarters. DC 28 Toughness save...on a floor. (1d20+5=8) And promptly ducks in cover as the cavern floor turns into a crater.

Ok, Quote, after some WTFery, I'll need you to edit your IC post as Blueshift would not have bolted into the cavern at that point; once that's done, I'll post Push, Wyrd and the Turrets' actions.

Ok, that's Equinox, which means it's Push's turn! He aims for a turret...Attack the turret! (1d20+10=19) And that'll hit, so we'll see if Robo-Turret 3 can cut the mustard! DC 29 Toughness save! (1d20+9=29) And apparently it can. Wow, resilient little bugger. Okay, Wyrd's up. Aaaand you guys can't see what he's doing, so you get to find out when you enter the cargo bay! :twisted: So the other two Robo-Turrets are up, and they promptly lock onto Equinox and try to...Burn the witch! (1d20+8=14, 1d20+8=19) If either of those hit, that's a DC 27 Toughness save.

And Blueshift's up. For my own convinience, here's the new SO&E for next round.

Robo-Turret 3 - 21 - Injured

Equinox - 17 - Uninjured, Fatigued - 4 HP

Wyrd - 16 - Uninjured

Robo-Turret 1 - 16 - Injured

Robo-Turret 2 - 15 - Injured

• 2 weeks later...

Suffer not the witch to burn (1d20+11=21) I'll spend a HP to clear the stun, bringing her total down to 2, and the Extra Effort... well, it Exhausts her. Well, it would, had you not apparently spent one of her 4 HP on her behalf to negate it. Ho hum, the net result is still her being Bruised, not Stunned, and Fatigued instead of Exhausted, with 2 HP left to use.

Free Action: Maintain Flight, Force Field and Shield.

Move Action: Fly up into centre of first cavern.

Standard Action: Cast fire down upon the turret which fired at her. All-out Attacking for 2, DC26 fire Blast on that damn turret. (1d20+12=32) So... DC31 fire blast, which is also Penetrating 11... it's not Impervious 27, is it? :P

She's Defence 18 for a round, though. :cry:

DC 30 Toughness save! (1d20+9=19) Well, that turret's not hurting anyone anytime soon. Turret #1 is now Injured x2 + Stunned, Stun breaking on Glowstar's next turn. Nicely done! Ecal, your action still stands, feel free to post IC. Push and Wyrd are up next, too! Push lets rip with a blast on Turret number two...Blast! (1d20+10=22) Huh. Well, that'll hurt. DC 29 Toughness save! (1d20+9=14) And boom goes the dynamite. I don't think Wyrd can make a Notice check against Blueshift right now, seeing as how he's a tad distracted by STUFF HAPPENING ELSEWHERE!, but he's cognizant of the fact that STUFF IS GOING TO HAPPEN HERE very soon! He Readies an Attack with his PDP (Personal Defense Pistol) on the next d00d who comes through that door (or next-next d00d, since he hasn't seen Blue), and continues doing something on his computers. What could he possibly be planning?!

And since Robo-Turret 1 is Stunned and Robo-Turret 2 is a smoking pile of slag, it's Blueshift's turn.

So, after all that, here's the SO&E:

Robo-Turret 3 - 21 - Injured x2

Equinox - 17 - Bruised, Fatigued - 2 HP

Wyrd - 16 - Uninjured

Robo-Turret 1 - 16 - Injured x2, Stunned (Glowstar's Action)

• 1 month later...

Firstly, Turret one rolled a 19 vs a DC 30 save. That fails by 11. Wouldn't that make it Stunned, Disabled, and Staggered if you're using lethal damage on it (which is okay because it's a construct), not just Injured and Stunned?

MAC

Move Action: fly up to the giant robot

Free Action: use Extra Effort to gain an AP on his Robotics array (9pp available).

Enhanced Intelligence 6 {4pp} (Total 26 (+8))

Enhanced Skills 12 (Disable Device 10, Notice 2) {3pp}

Standard Action: Disable Device

Disable device is currently at 10, +8 from INT is a +18. +20 if his benefit gives him a synergy bonus (GM discretion. Currently rolling without it).

Benefit (counts as MW tools for any Craft Check)

IC is down :(

(10:27:38) quotemyname: MAC Disable Device check +18:

(10:27:42) ChatBot: quotemyname rolls 1d20 and gets 1.

Even more frowning face.

Reaction: HP that @#$%

(10:28:45) quotemyname: HP Re-roll: MAC Disable Device check +18:

(10:28:50) ChatBot: quotemyname rolls 1d20 and gets 10.

(10:28:54) quotemyname: Win

Add +10 for the re-roll and that becomes a result of a 38. Too bad I already blew EE and can't bump it further! >_<

---

Blueshift

Move Action: Approach the console near Dr. Wyrd

Standard Action: @#$% with his @#$%!

She's going to use any and all skill checks she can to undo whatever he's doing, starting with disabling any active communications he has with the robots or other systems. What do I need to roll?

And we're back, after me being briefly scared off by Quote's Big OOC Post Of Doom! :P Okay, the activation of the big robot has been...delayed! (Because you really want to not fight the Big Freaking Robot? Shaaaame on you.) That'd be a straight Disable Device check, Quote; through whatever means you'd devise of accessing his computers. But there are hazards involved; tappity-tapping on the keys or futzing with his important stuff might let him spot Blueshift! DRAMA!

Just as doors are the bane of every invisible wizard's existence, any object that moves when interacted with would in fact expose her. Unfortunately, that's not really an issue for a hero that can talk to machines.

Communication 2 (Mental, 100ft, Extras: Linked [Comprehend]; Flaws: Limited to Machines) {1PP} + Comprehend 2 (Electronics; Speak and Understand) {4PP} ("Audito Apparatus") [5PP]

Hopefully, that will let me roll my disable device uninterrupted. What the hey, she's got HP to burn. I'll have her surge for a standard action and reconfigure her gadgets.

5pp to spend on that:

Enhanced Skills [Disable Device 4] [1pp]

Enhanced Intelligence 3 [3pp]

Enhanced Feats (Second Chance: Disable Device) [1pp]

Raising her totals to

Disable Device 17 (+21/+25) with one free re-roll if I don't like the original roll.

Here goes nothing! :D

Disable Device! (1d20+25=42) I think I'll stick with that!

Anything else to sort out before I throw up an IC post?

• 2 weeks later...