Party Crasher (OOC)

cosmicarus

Ah, sorry dude, I see how I didn't describe the scene well enough. Rats weren't biting the rat man - Heavy couldn't see whatever was biting him, if it was still on him at all. Apologies for that, it's fixed now.

And before we go on (as I want to get this right) how did we end up ruling on your Gravity Control? You increase the weight in an area and then:

a) only things in that area are affected

B) anything in that area (even if it moves out) is still affected

c) something else

I apologise for this, and I'm just not to trip you up, but just so I do this right. :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, sorry dude, I see how I didn't describe the scene well enough. Rats weren't biting the rat man - Heavy couldn't see whatever was biting him, if it was still on him at all. Apologies for that, it's fixed now.

And before we go on (as I want to get this right) how did we end up ruling on your Gravity Control? You increase the weight in an area and then:

a) only things in that area are affected

B) anything in that area (even if it moves out) is still affected

c) something else

I apologise for this, and I'm just not to trip you up, but just so I do this right. :)

Back then, it was confusing. I think we decided that it would affect things within the area as long as they were in the area. If something entered the area for whatever reason, then it would also be affected if Heavy wanted.

Here, he's not being selective, since he can't see what's in that direction. He's trying to pin any rats to the ground, as well as whatever caused what happened.

Back then, it was confusing. I think we decided that it would affect things within the area as long as they were in the area. If something entered the area for whatever reason, then it would also be affected if Heavy wanted.

Here, he's not being selective, since he can't see what's in that direction. He's trying to pin any rats to the ground, as well as whatever caused what happened.

Sounds good. Also I'll make myself clearer next time, but there aren't any rats besides the big one who scampered past you - just you and whatever is around the hall that bends to the left... *cue creepy music*

Sounds good. Also I'll make myself clearer next time, but there aren't any rats besides the big one who scampered past you - just you and whatever is around the hall that bends to the left... *cue creepy music*

...do I have an idea of about how far underground I am?

There is no natural light, as said, but you don't feel as if you went down too far - there were no straight down drops, for example, but you've been sloping down steadily for a little while. Your best guess would probably be about 20 feet.

And you get a HP for the villain getting the drop on you.

...do I have an idea of about how far underground I am?

There is no natural light, as said, but you don't feel as if you went down too far - there were no straight down drops, for example, but you've been sloping down steadily for a little while. Your best guess would probably be about 20 feet.

And you get a HP for the villain getting the drop on you.

Ow. I hate when I roll grapple checks like that, even for my NPCs. Icarus' base grapple modifier is +24 (+13 Strength, +8 attack (melee), +3 Super-Strength), so I automatically win the grapple check.

How will the Gravity Control work against a swarm? I suspect I know OOC who the villain is, but IC, I wouldn't have quite the same level of knowledge about how my powers work against it.

Ow. I hate when I roll grapple checks like that, even for my NPCs. Icarus' base grapple modifier is +24 (+13 Strength, +8 attack (melee), +3 Super-Strength), so I automatically win the grapple check.

How will the Gravity Control work against a swarm? I suspect I know OOC who the villain is, but IC, I wouldn't have quite the same level of knowledge about how my powers work against it.

How will the Gravity Control work against a swarm?

This is something that I was trying to work out - I even went to Barnum when all this began for advice. There are a number of ways it could work:

1 - it could just seperate all the parts and squish each cockroach individually... not much fun.

2 - it could work just like any other character... but this doesn't really match the idea

3 - I was thinking about perhaps a kind of sustained half immunity - slowing him down but not stopping him. More of a GM Fiat thing that you'll earn a HP award for the first time you try.

What were your thoughts?

How will the Gravity Control work against a swarm?

This is something that I was trying to work out - I even went to Barnum when all this began for advice. There are a number of ways it could work:

1 - it could just seperate all the parts and squish each cockroach individually... not much fun.

2 - it could work just like any other character... but this doesn't really match the idea

3 - I was thinking about perhaps a kind of sustained half immunity - slowing him down but not stopping him. More of a GM Fiat thing that you'll earn a HP award for the first time you try.

What were your thoughts?