One Out of All Things (IC)

With Eira adapting well and the rogue - or maybe that was Rogue? - in Miss Americana's custody, Dragonfly backed out of the room and made her way to the nearest convenient window. Her wings deployed with gratifyingly little protest, though her suit was more than happy to inform her that its function was a little limited at the moment; not terribly keen on dropping out of the sky the engineer made her way to meet the authorities at a somewhat more leisurely pace than she'd have liked.

Dumping the collected villains out into a pile, at least, was satisfyingly dramatic. She gave a concise explanation of what had happened (carefully neglecting to mention Miss Americana's prisoner) before excusing herself, insisting that if they wanted further information they really ought to talk to Magnus...and took off back into the sky toward the hospital without giving them a chance to come up with a good argument.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magnus nodded at Miss Americana's question. He seemed thoughtful for a moment before speaking.

"They might need three days or so to take care of some things here, but otherwise I think they're coming to America. I actually bought a house not far from mine in anticipation of such an event; they'll be able to live there, but I suspect much of their time will be at the Lab with Eira. Bernhard can teleconference when he needs to work, which shouldn't be too frequent. Let me bring them over to ask for sure."

He stepped over to Eira's mother and father, apologizing to the little girl for taking them away for a moment, before guiding them back to the star-spangled heroine. They heard out Magnus's proposal on the situation, before nodding.

"Yes, Magnus is correct. We will need to take a couple of days to make arrangements for our absence, but we will be moving to America as soon as we can. We thank you again, from the bottom of our hearts."

"I'll make some calls after a bit, get the balls rolling on the move; my agents already closed the deal on the house two days ago."

Sharl spent time every day with Eira; in fact, he spent a lot more time with her than away from her. That was okay, though; she was a little girl who needed a friend and needed some guidance in the strange new world where she'd found herself. Having been a little brother his whole life, it was easier than he'd expected to move into the role of the caring older sibling, hanging out with her and teaching her how to change her clothes, change her room, and finally one exciting day: how to fly right off her little house's rooftop! That, together with the simulated pony he and Miss A cobbled together for her, seemed to be the highlight for the little girl. It certainly was a highlight for the teenage boy, who'd gone from terror and loneliness just a few months earlier to watching a little kid practically burble with excitement over the prospect of flying free as a bird! After that all she wanted to do was talk to Miss A about getting jetboots on her new robot body!

Of course, there were other problems afoot. When Miss A went back to the disk where she'd left Rogue behind, she found not the bound and angry program, but instead the simulated code that shook out to be Rogue's leather jacket, something she'd evidently torn her way out of before escaping right out of the disk and onto the Internet, probably via the wireless network in the hospital. That was one ability Sharl did not have, and it said some ominous things about the power of his counterpart. But there was no tracing the other Tronik refugee, at least not reliably, which meant she was still out there on the Net somewhere. It was thinking about her, and his time with Eira, that finally made Sharl broach a question to Miss A some days after the events at the hospital. "What if I stay?"