Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Geez3r

Mayhem for Sale (OOC)

Recommended Posts

I'll let you guys decide how you want to go about tackling this problem.

There's about 20 guys on the pier, that came in 6 SUV's. 7 of which are obviously armed with machine guns. The others don't have weapons readily apparent, but in all likely hood, they're armed, but with lower caliber weapons than their peers. There doesn't appear to be a given leader, but they are organized, and are avoiding talking to stay as quiet as possible.

Share this post


Link to post

Overactive Imagination (1d20=7) She is not fatigued at the start of this thread.

Initiative (1d20+5=18) once it's needed.

As blueshift gets closer, are there any notice checks / other skill checks I can make? See what the other guys are armed with? anything written on the plates, crates, uniforms, etc?

Concealment 8 (All Visual, Audio & Radio Senses [Total]; Flaws: Blending; PFs: Close Range, Selective) {10dp} is currently active, along with a stealth check of: DC20 from Skill mastery.

Super Senses 9 (All Visual Senses [Extras], Danger Sense [Radio], Distance Sense, Infravision [Visual, Extras: Tracking], Radar [Radio, Extras: Accurate, Drawbacks: Not Radius], Radio) [9PP] is currently active as well.

I just need to know what kind of read from the area or situation I can get. It would also be helpful to know if I can sneak in further than the outside. Are there any windows or doors that can be opened? Can she sneak under the SUV's and roll Disable Device to diable them or anything? What are my options here? Need a little more than just dudes outside a warehouse.

Man... running characters that don't just hit things is really tough!

Share this post


Link to post

Invention C-20A rifle:

Device 7 (31/35PP Container, Flaws: Easy-To-Lose) [21PP] (Hybrid Rifle)

Arsenal 15 (30PP Array, Feats: Alternate Power) [31PP]

  • Base Power: Blast 9 (Extras: Autofire; PF: Accurate 3) [30PP] (Assault Rifle)

    Alternate Power: Blast 9 (Feats: Improved Aim, Improved Critical [19-20], Improved Range 4 [1 2,500ft Range Increment], Improved Sunder, Progression [Range] 1 [2,500ft Max Range], Precise, Subtle, Accurate 3) [30PP] (Sniper Rifle)

    Alternate Power: Dazzle 7 (Visual Senses; Extras: Area/Burst) [28pp] (Flash Bang)

    Alternate Power:Tear Gas Grenade as per M&M 140

    Alternate Power:
EMP Rank 11

Share this post


Link to post

Alright, roll initiative. Crackling electricity is very easy to see in a deserted lot at 3am.

Blueshift 18 - HPx4 - Unharmed - Will be fatigued at the start of next round unless they spend a HP

Goon Initiative (1d20+6=17) - 18 remaining (minions)

Push 11 - HPx3 - Unharmed

Share this post


Link to post

Hrmm I thought I already accounted for saying it did, but looking over the maths, I guess I missed that bit. So yes, the cloaking did fail.

Share this post


Link to post

Blueshift 18 - HPx4 - Unharmed - Will be fatigued at the start of next round unless they spend a HP

Goons 17 - 18 remaining (minions)

Push 11 - HPx3 - Unharmed

Blue's first attack was the surprise round. But she won initiative so she goes again

Share this post


Link to post

Hero point then? :D

Also, where exactly are we in the initiative? Was that a surprise round for me and do I go again? are we no at Push since the dudes ran to the cars...?

Share this post


Link to post

1. I already gave you the hero point

2. You have taken your surprise round action, you now have another action.

3. The fluff of the post says that they are making their way towards the cars. I was showing you what they intend to do on their action, as I did not declare any mechanical breakdown in the OOC, nothing has happened. They were reacting to you giving away your presence.

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, fair enough. I was asking for clarification because I was unsure. I'll take the fatigue for now, and Blueshift is in fact going to see what is in those crates that were left up top. Need me to roll anything for that?

Share this post


Link to post

Right totally forgot that the goons were up next in the initiative order. Every one of them takes a double move towards the vehicles. All of the guys that were on perimeter duty (the same guys with the machine guns) are still another double move away from the rest of the vehicles. They form basically a semi circle around the vehicles, so none of them are particularly close to another one. Of the 11 remaining guys, 6 make it to the trucks (1 guy per truck) and are at various stages of getting into the car, none have been started yet; the last 5 goons are a single move action away from the trucks. The trucks are at most, 20ft away from one another. This means that at the furthest, all of the non-machine gun goons are within 80ft of each other.

And I don't know how to turn that into an IC post beyond "they run towards the trucks".

Share this post


Link to post

Fair enough. Push comes in with DA BOOM. Stunting from his Kinetic Control Array: Strike 14 (Kinetic Homing Blasts; Extras: Area [Targeted], Progression 2, Selective, Flaws: Distracting) [28/28PP] Push loses his Dodge Focus for this turn, so the mooks have to break a 14 to hit him while he's unleashing death (metaphorical) from above. With a +10 Attack on his Kinetic Energy Control Array, he can take 10 on the mooks for 20 Attack. DC 29 Toughness saves for any mook you think he'll hit, note he is doing this from above and is only aiming for the mooks who aren't already in the cars.

General plan here is take out everything that's here and call the cops down on it, let one car get away, then tail it back to the buyer. ;)

Share this post


Link to post

After the effects of that attack, there are only 6 mooks left standing. Each of them is in a different car however as previously mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post

Standard Action to reconfigure Gadgets to add Penetrates Concealment and another rank of Extended on her Infravision.

Move action to zoom down the ramp and end up in the center of the crowd of crooks. Then a free action to speak.

Share this post


Link to post

Push, you're up.

Blueshift 18 - HPx3 - Unharmed -

Goons 17 - 18 remaining (minions)

Push 11 - HPx3 - Unharmed - Will be fatigued at the start of next round unless they spend a HP

Gonna spend an HP?

Share this post


Link to post

Most indubitably.

Ok, Push takes out his tracking goggles, radios Blueshift, and promptly comes up with yet another bright idea. We is gonna find out exactly where they're taking these goods. Quote, think she can handle the thugs that are left? :D

Device 1 (5PP Container, Flaws: Hard-To-Lose) (Targeting Goggles) [4PP] - Super-Senses 5 (Distance Sense, Extended [All Visual Senses, 100ft Notice Increments], Infravision [Extras]) [5PP]

Note, Push hasn't used his Standard action yet; we'll see whether Blue needs the backup or not before he does.

Share this post


Link to post

Well, depending on Geez3r's GM ruling, I can't really speak out of turn, but Blue would certainly say something along the lines of "I've got this".

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

×