Getting the Story (IC)

Glowstar didn't waste any time, almost didn't stop to think. He sped through the air as quick as he could and sliced the truck's door open with a single swipe of his glowing hand. Once that impediment was out of the way, he pulled the driver free and flew him off, landing a good distance away on ground level. He couldn't stop the truck itself impacting, he could only hope that it wouldn't do too much damage.

Once the civilian was safe, the hero turned back to the plummeting tanker truck. He didn't have much time to waste; he focused his power on a single blast and sent it arcing up into the truck. With luck, he'd be able to explode the tanker before it even hit the ground. It wasn't an ideal situation, but so very little about this day was turning out to be ideal.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

The mighty blast of energy struck the tanker square on, and ruptured the steel like putty, ripping a mighty gash in its metal hide.

Petroleum would have no doubt sprayed everywhere as the tank spun, but the pure energy that sundered the tank also ignited the fuel...

BOOM!

The tanker exploded mid-air, almost disintegrating completely. Huge pumes of smoke belched into the air, and hot fire and burning metal rained down from the skies....

Once again, with citizens in danger, Glowstar didn't hesitate. He barely even had time to think about his options; the teen hero extended a hand out to the flaming wreckage and a bubble of crimson energy wrapped up the entire flaming mess, tanker remains and all, in an air-tight sphere. The hero wasn't entirely sure of what he was doing, but he held the debris aloft and watched the fire inside the bubble. He hadn't been asleep through all of his chemistry classes, and he knew that without oxygen to sustain itself, the fire would soon burn out.

The flaming debris was neatly encapsulated in Glowstar's makeshift cage. A few isolated flaming debris, flung too far, managed to escape, but not enough to cause more than trivial damage with any luck. A smoke plume had also escaped, and cast a shadow over the city centre.

As Glowstar predicted, the debris did indeed burn itself out with the limited oxygen.

Number two sat slumped on a rooftop.

"Well, that looked pretty spectacular..." he said, a grin on his face. "...I guess this place can be pretty exciting after.. hey! what gives!"

Two more aliens appeared out of the ether next to him. Whilst incontestably of the same species (as far as glowstar could tell) they looked far more serious, and responsible. Their bright yellow uniforms, helmets, truncheons and handcuffs gave a clue as to their occupation. As they swiftly handcuffed number two, the first of them spoke to him in heavy tones...

"You are hereby arrested for excessive and undue interference with alien cultures and/or civilisations. You are also charged with breaking reporters code of omni-existential reporting articles 37c, 26d, subsections 23 through 26, and appendix 12-4. You are hereby ordered to fully comply with legal process and return immediately for processing..."

"Aw shucks..." said number two, as he and his two custodians shimmered and evaporated into the ether.

Glowstar couldn't exactly see what was happening on the high ledge that the alien had chosen, and he had no hope of hearing what was being said. Regardless, he could see the aliens fading from view and sighed, realizing that he'd left the other pair unchaperoned for more than ten seconds; by now the lake was probably frozen solid, or transmuted to acid or jelly, or something like that. The hero carefully maneuvered the pile of truck debris to an empty parking lot and let it go, making sure that it wouldn't bury any cars before taking off again and heading back towards the lake.

Supercape sensed the massive energy spike of Glowstar long before he could see the young hero.

He was at the lake, with the rather more sober number 1 and the dejected and crushed number 3.

"There you are!" he called out to Glowstar.

"I tracked down the home planet... and dimension of these fellows! would you believe it, I managed to send a signal to them. After a little parley, turns out these chaps were bending their remit as reporters somewhat. Next thing, they send some coppers over to arrest the prime miscreant!"

He smiled, quite satisfied with himself.

Glowstar landed neatly near the aliens, glaring at them. "Yes, bending their remit just a touch!" He folded his arms and glared at the two remaining aliens. "There's a load of flaming wreckage in the city center and a poor trucker who's out of a job, all because your cohort thought it would make a good headline. What are you all going to do about that?"

GM

Number three sat dejectly. "We are screwed..." he mumbled.

Number one was a little more practical. "Well, I am sorry for all the inconvenience..." he started "...and you know, I even think we may have a little bit of a story here, thanks to your showmanship" he continued, before raising his hands spying Glowstars bristling rage.

"But in the interests of good relationships..." he paused "...and keeping out of jail" he added in a softer voice, I am sure our ship can handle some of the clean up, and of course we would be happy to recompense your friend..."

Glowstar shared a look with Supercape, privately wondering why the senior hero wasn't taking charge here. "You're going to help clean up anyway," he said. "If that goes well, and you promise to go back to your home, uh, dimension and stay there, well. I can put in a good word for you with, uh, whatever you have instead of cops."

Supercape tapped his chin in agreement.

"That sounds a rather good solution" he said with a firm stare at the two alien reporters.

"Consider yourself err... *ahem* officially banned from this dimension!" he said with as much authority as he could muster, wagging his finger in a paternal fashion.

A few minutes later, by the Alien ship...

"Here you go" said Number 1 to the tanker driver, who trembled in fear as he met the two aliens, despite them being flanked by the formidable presences of Supercape and Glowstar.

"Pure, finest carbon!" said Number 2, gently bringing out a small lump of graphite with reverence and giving it to the Trucker.

"I know its a lot, but we can claim in on expenses, and you deserve it" said Number 1. "Don't spend it all at once... that could set you up for half a lifetime!"

Supercape examined the worthless lump of graphite closely.

"...Carbon..." he said rather bemused. The trucker could barely speak.

"Well, I'm ravished" said Number 1, reaching into his pocket and bringing out a bar of pure gold which he promptly took a bite from. "Mmmm.... that hits the spot!" he said with a smile.

"Here, have one on us!" he added, chucking the Trucker a bar of shiny gold. "I know you can afford all the gold you want with that carbon, but don't want you going hungry after all that trouble!"