Keeping Science Fair

cosmicarus

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc243/Shadowboxer_album/NightrivalHS.jpg

cosmicarus said:
"Hey, I'm really sorry about the boss back there - he's got issues with supers. You just gotta ignore him. From what I heard, you guys really aced this one. Saved a lot of people their valuables, more even. Anyways, I just wanted to say, great work."

"Uh, thanks," mumbles Nightrival. "Some folks 'ave their hang-ups. I get that."

Thevshi said:
"Well, like I told the reporters, I am always up for working with other heroes, and sharing information on stuff is always nice." Reaching into a pouch at her belt, she pulled out a small business card. "This has the number for the phone number I give out to the police and the like. Probably one of the best ways to reach me."

Nightrival takes the card, glances over it and slips it underneath his belt.

"Hey, great!" he blurts out. "If ya ever need anything, ya can find me at Monty's Garage, on Pennslyvania an' Lincoln over on th' Southside. I swing by there every night around midnight."

Tensing the swing line, Nightrival tightens his grip on the rope. "I gotta go; doesn't look like we're needed here. It was good ta meet ya, Velocity. Stay outta trouble."

With a single jump he swings across both stages and up into the open window on the ceiling. He crawls onto the roof, dashes across the edge then drops down to the grassy field surrounding the conference center. Nightrival keeps to the few shadows available to him, and takes advantage of the confusion to move undetected. He doubles back into the building and into the bathroom, using an unpopulated side entrance. He retrieves his duffel bag from the under the ceiling panel and hurriedly stuffs himself back into his street clothes.

Minutes later, Liam saunters back into the exhibition hall. He spots a handful of Master Lee's students lingering around the fringes of the retreating reporters.

"Hey, is everyone alright?" he asks them. "I was able to get away and find a payphone to call th' cops." Liam peers over the crowd and sees the battered remains of Tricorder. "Man, I must 'ave missed a heck o' a fight."

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I usually don't get down to Southside too much, but I'll remember that." Velocity replied. "Nice to meet you as well, take care." She said with a wave, and then was gone in a flash.

Speeding back out of the auditorium, she zipped around a bit before doubling back towards the restroom. Accelerating even faster, she vibrated her body so she could pass through walls, allowing her to enter the restroom unobserved. Gathering her things, she was changed back into her cheerleading outfit in a flash, and then quickly made her way out of the restroom.

Hurrying back towards the auditorium, she came to the edge of the crowd and started looking around for Will or Janet.

Minutes later, Liam saunters back into the exhibition hall. He spots a handful of Master Lee's students lingering around the fringes of the retreating reporters.

"Hey, is everyone alright?" he asks them. "I was able to get away and find a payphone to call th' cops." Liam peers over the crowd and sees the battered remains of Tricorder. "Man, I must 'ave missed a heck o' a fight."

They turn to Liam when he gets there. A big guy named Dirk smiles broadly, "Are you kiddin'? That was the greatest thing ever!" A smaller guy named Andrew pokes him, "C'mon man, people could have been hurt." Dirk rolls his eyes, "No way - not with that speedster babe and that mad ace martial artist!" He turns on Liam, "You shoulda seen that guy, Li, he would have put even your moves to shame!" Master Lee arrives behind Liam at that point. He looks at you and smiles - it's a smile you know well, one of approval.

Hurrying back towards the auditorium, she came to the edge of the crowd and started looking around for Will or Janet.

Megan sees Janet first. Or rather, she sees Megan first. Janet strides over to her, grabs her by the arm, looks her in the eye and says, "Trouble." She drags Megan into the crowd, through the people milling about, talking excitedly and stops at a seemingly random point, before pointing at a pair of people. One of the people is Will. He's standing there, looking a little awkward, and talking to Alysha. The brunette bombshell from your class laughs at whatever he's said and bushes his arm with her hand. She's in full-on flirt mode, but it's obvious his mind is elsewhere

Megan sees Janet first. Or rather, she sees Megan first. Janet strides over to her, grabs her by the arm, looks her in the eye and says, "Trouble." She drags Megan into the crowd, through the people milling about, talking excitedly and stops at a seemingly random point, before pointing at a pair of people. One of the people is Will. He's standing there, looking a little awkward, and talking to Alysha. The brunette bombshell from your class laughs at whatever he's said and bushes his arm with her hand. She's in full-on flirt mode, but it's obvious his mind is elsewhere

“Oh there you are.†Megan said to Janet, relieved to see her friend was okay. “I got jostled all about by the mass of people. What are you talking about?†She asked, as she followed along after the other cheerleader. When she saw the scene, Megan almost laughed, but kept herself from doing so. Even with a bunch of crooks trying to rob them, Janet was still focused on boys and the attempts at backstabbing by other girls.

Then Megan just smiled. “She can try all she wants, she doesn’t stand a chance.â€Â

With that, the blonde cheerleader walked forward towards them. As she drew near Will, she let a look of relief come to her face. “Oh, there you are. I lost you when everyone began surging to get away. What a madhouse!â€Â

“Oh there you are.†Megan said to Janet, relieved to see her friend was okay. “I got jostled all about by the mass of people. What are you talking about?†She asked, as she followed along after the other cheerleader. When she saw the scene, Megan almost laughed, but kept herself from doing so. Even with a bunch of crooks trying to rob them, Janet was still focused on boys and the attempts at backstabbing by other girls.

Then Megan just smiled. “She can try all she wants, she doesn’t stand a chance.â€Â

With that, the blonde cheerleader walked forward towards them. As she drew near Will, she let a look of relief come to her face. “Oh, there you are. I lost you when everyone began surging to get away. What a madhouse!â€Â

LiamHS.jpg

"You shoulda seen that guy, Li, he would have put even your moves to shame!"

Liam bursts with mock laughter. "What, are you kiddin'?" he chides. "I'd like ta see this guy go up against a real fighter, like yours truly!"

Master Lee arrives behind Liam at that point. He looks at you and smiles - it's a smile you know well, one of approval.

Liam meets Master Lee's look and he responses with a small grin. He nods his head and returns to watching the police scramble over the fallen villains.

I should come ta these things more often.

LiamHS.jpg

"You shoulda seen that guy, Li, he would have put even your moves to shame!"

Liam bursts with mock laughter. "What, are you kiddin'?" he chides. "I'd like ta see this guy go up against a real fighter, like yours truly!"

Master Lee arrives behind Liam at that point. He looks at you and smiles - it's a smile you know well, one of approval.

Liam meets Master Lee's look and he responses with a small grin. He nods his head and returns to watching the police scramble over the fallen villains.

I should come ta these things more often.

...the blonde cheerleader walked forward towards them. As she drew near Will, she let a look of relief come to her face. “Oh, there you are. I lost you when everyone began surging to get away. What a madhouse!â€Â

Will turns to Megan, a smile spreading across his face when he sees her, "Hey, you! I got worried when you disappeared." Alysha doesn't look happy, she interjects, "I was just saying to Will how bad those guys were and how..." She's cut off by Will who seems not to have noticed that she had begun talking. His eyes are set on Megan, "Listen, I think they're shutting everything down here, so I can't show you my invention." He pauses for a moment, "But, if you'd like, I mean, I could tell you all about it over lunch. Have you eaten yet?" Behind Will, Alysha's scowl intensifies, whilst Janet's smile broadens.

...the blonde cheerleader walked forward towards them. As she drew near Will, she let a look of relief come to her face. “Oh, there you are. I lost you when everyone began surging to get away. What a madhouse!â€Â

Will turns to Megan, a smile spreading across his face when he sees her, "Hey, you! I got worried when you disappeared." Alysha doesn't look happy, she interjects, "I was just saying to Will how bad those guys were and how..." She's cut off by Will who seems not to have noticed that she had begun talking. His eyes are set on Megan, "Listen, I think they're shutting everything down here, so I can't show you my invention." He pauses for a moment, "But, if you'd like, I mean, I could tell you all about it over lunch. Have you eaten yet?" Behind Will, Alysha's scowl intensifies, whilst Janet's smile broadens.

Megan paid little attention to Alysha, smiling back at Will as she nodded. “Sure, I’d really like to learn more about your display. Lots of people seemed very interested in it earlier.†She said. “And, no, I have not eaten yet.â€Â

Megan paid little attention to Alysha, smiling back at Will as she nodded. “Sure, I’d really like to learn more about your display. Lots of people seemed very interested in it earlier.†She said. “And, no, I have not eaten yet.â€Â

“Sure, I’d really like to learn more about your display. Lots of people seemed very interested in it earlier.†She said. “And, no, I have not eaten yet.â€Â

Will nods, trying and failing to hide his smile, "Well, that's great. I know a little place nearby if you're interested?" He stops, "That is, I mean, if you can, I mean, you might not be finished here, or need to change or go home or something."

Thevshi said:
"Sure, I'd really like to learn more about your display. Lots of people seemed very interested in it earlier." She said. "And, no, I have not eaten yet."

Will nods, trying and failing to hide his smile, "Well, that's great. I know a little place nearby if you're interested?" He stops, "That is, I mean, if you can, I mean, you might not be finished here, or need to change or go home or something."

"Yeah, I might not be able to just ditch the class for lunch." Megan replied with a frown glancing over at her teacher. She then focused back on Will as she took his arm. "But we can worry about that in a little bit, first you can enlighten me on what you came up with for the fair."

"Abosultely!" Will smiles. In one fluid movement he directs Megan to his table. And spends some time explaining the device to her, taking a fair amount of breaks to inquire further about Megan and her life. As for his project, it seems mostly theoretical at the moment, but Will seems adament that it has some "...fantastic real world applications." While they talk, things seem to go back to normal around them for the most part. The police take statements from a bunch of people and do a search of the area. Eventually they ask everyone to clear out.

As they begin to file away, Megan and Will are accosted by Janet. "Hey, Megan, just giving you the heads up - Mr. Langstrom's on the warpath. It seems no-body has been listening all day and some guy he really wanted to see cancelled his talk because of the stuff before. Hey!" She smiles at Will who nods in reply. She turns back to Megan, "Just letting you know." And with that, she disappears into the crowd.

Megan followed along with Will, listening closely to what he had to say about his device. While science really was not her thing, it was clearly important to him, so she did her best to at least learn some of the key points.

When Janet showed up, the blonde teen frowned. The news meant that she was likely not going to be able to grab lunch with Will today, but at least she was forewarned now. "Thanks Janet." Megan replied before her friend disappeared.

Looking back at Will she gave him a disappointed look. "Well, I think the chances of being able to get away to get something to eat right now just went way down." She took out a piece of paper, and wrote down her name and number on it. "But here's my cell. If I can't get away today, we can always meet up another time."

Will takes the piece of paper. "Thanks. I'll certainly be doing that. But hey, look..." he rummages around on his desk for a moment before finding a tipped over stack of business cards, "Here, take this. Just in case, you know? Sometimes my life gets crazy and things I really want to, well, happen, don't." His smile is one of sincere contentment. He speaks in a voice with it's politeness heightened, "It's been pleasure, Megan." The business card has his name and number of it.

Megan takes Will's card, glances at the number before looking back up at him with a smile. "Thanks. It has been nice to meet you as well Will." She replied. "I should get going before I get into trouble. Good luck with the rest of the fair."

She started to turn away to make her way back to her group, when she looked over her shoulder. "I'll be in touch." She added with another smile, and was then on her way.