Patrolling the Fens, Lion About Town (OOC)

Okay, new guy with a new thread here, hoping someone will come along and show me the ropes.

Basically, we have a hero in the night, patrolling the Fens, a sleazy, low rent district not far from his home in Parkside.

His Stealth rolls and Assessment Sense Motive rolls are usually handled by his Skill Mastery, so he takes 10 on those most of the time (giving him 20 on Stealth and 27 on Sense Motive).

In this case, he rolls for Notice: 20, which should be good enough to localize a scream, I think.

He pulls out his Grapple Gun, and begins to swing to the source of the noise.

A thread ensues...

I'm going to say yes on attack rolls, as I need to learn how things work.

Okay, so these guys are basic Criminals, M&M Core pg 226. I don't know if we normally share information like that, or in those terms, but, due to Assessment and his take 10, Lionheart knows about how tough these guys are (not). For the purposes of learning the motions of combat on the site, we will say that, somehow, these guys are NOT minions, just weak characters, so I can see how combat normally flows.

He hasn't noticed fellow crime-fighters, mainly because he isn't looking for them. Due to the laughter from Crow, however, he'll make a Notice check after he attacks.

His attack is a Ranged Disarm, which carries a -4 penalty to hit. He is normally at +11 with his Bladed Disks, but is probably at least 40-60 ft away, giving him a -4 penalty due to range, and, the bugger is in melee with the victim, for a total of a -1 to hit (not good). Fortunately, he has luck, and a Surprise Attack going for him, so he should be alright anyway. DC will be 9 (Defense +2 normally, -1 due to being Flat-Footed, and another -2 for the Surprise Attack.) His attack roll is a 9 exactly, moving on to the Contest phase of the disarm.

Once he hits with the disarm, he rolls his Attack's Damage against the defender's Strength. In this case, the Attack has a Damage of +6 (Blast 2 + Mighty, and 18 Str), with +2 for the Sneak Attack feat (I think, as this is a Damage roll, of a kind, and Sneak Attack applies just to Damage. Up to now, I have always played Sneak Attack as a general DC buff, which, I have been told here is wrong, so I will be asking about that periodically.) SO, Lionheart's bonus is a +8, and the Criminal has a +0. My roll is a 24, while the thug rolls a 17. The gun goes flying.

Now, for the final mechanical aspect of the turn, a Notice check for other onlookers: 15, no where near good enough to find a Totally Concealed character.

Now, my questions:

1) Do we normally say things like: they are Criminals out of the book, have at them?

2) How way over the top is the amount of detail I gave, above, for my attack, or is that how much I should be giving?

3) Do we normally roll for our own badguys, or is there some other system used?

4) Should I go back and edit the post to add the results of my actions, or would the next poster pick that up, or would I post the results in my next post?

5) Is there anything else here that I am missing?

Thanks, in advance, for all the help. I'm trying to learn the ropes here.

1) Give as much or as little detail as you please, man.

2) See previous answer, we generally like 20-40 word posts, but I'm not complaining. I do enjoy reading your work.

3) You roll for all badguys if you're GMing the game.

4) If you're the GM, you roll and post your own results. If you're not GMing, then generally you can either roll, check in with the GM as to your results, and then post accordingly, or simply post and see how the GM reacts.

5) Not that I can see.

Gotcha on initiative. I'll throw in a roll for that too: 12, so he might have been beat by Crow anyway.

If I am a GM of this thread (I guess the one that starts it GMs it), then I would say we roll with it, saying that Crow snatched the gun right before I disarmed him.

So, everyone roll some Initiative, I will get the thugs. Silhouette gets a Surprise Round action as well. Also, Crow needs to roll for Intimidate, or for Fearsome Presence (haven't checked out his sheet) to scare the baddies.

Thug 1: 12; Thug 2: 19; Thug 3 18

We'll say that Thug 1 is the one threatening our victim.

Lionheart is going to swing in closer, and throw a disk at the Bruised guy. Seeing his state of affairs, he'll Power Attack for -5/+5, giving him a total of +6 to hit (as Sil left melee with him to gank the runner): 16 is plenty on a 9, maxes his Autofire for a total DC of 29.

He has a Bruise, so his Toughness is strait dice: 6, so he's sleeping soundly.

Last guy (the one Crow smacked in the back of the head) clears his stun, he's still Staggered. Crow's up.

Well, being that she lives in the Fens, it turns out that one of he neighbors have been harassed by these particular punks before.

The 'Lakeside Kings,' as they call themselves, are a split off of the more prominent 'Lakeside Knights,' which have existed in the Fens for more than a decade. Seems that some of the younger 'Knights' thought that the tamer approach of the older members was too soft and not lucrative enough for them, and they broke off to form their own gang about 6 months ago. Since that time, the 'Kings' have been expanding their territory and their exploitation of the surrounding civilians. The 'Knights' aren't very happy about it, but know that nothing short of a gang war will change things. Rumor has it that the leader of the 'Kings' has some outside support that is interested in having more influence in the Fens, but who that might be is unknown. What is known is that the 'Kings' are mostly minors, mostly armed, mostly violent, and have been expanding into activities involving drugs and protection rackets.