Containers and Arrays

So, I'm still new with the UP, and had a question about containers and arrays. Can you have a container that includes an array?

Why, you ask?

Well, I'm looking to make a telepath/telekinetic. My plan was to make a fairly typical array for his TK, with one of the effects being Force Field. However, I've decided I want him to have access to the Force Field regardless of what other TK effects he has access to from the array. Obviously the easiest way to do this is to purchase force field as a completely separate power, but I like the flavor that if someone drains or nullifies his TK ability, it takes everything down (I know, it hurts the min/maxer inside me). My next thought was to simply add force field as an effect to the main power and every AP of the array. This works, but turns out to actually cost more than the first option, which is actually a more 'powerful' option.

So, I thought what about putting the array inside a container. Basically, you'd have the Telekinesis Container, which contains Force Field and the Telekinesis Array which would have Move Object, and a few other alternate powers. Is this doable within the rules? I don't think it breaks anything, or is too powerful, but still being new to the UP, I'm not necessarily able to foresee all of the ramifications.

So, I'm still new with the UP, and had a question about containers and arrays. Can you have a container that includes an array?

Yep. Alternate Form is the most common container with embedded arrays that I've seen, but yours works fine too.

My next thought was to simply add force field as an effect to the main power and every AP of the array. This works, but turns out to actually cost more than the first option, which is actually a more 'powerful' option.

Every way I can imagine it, they cost exactly the same. What am I missing?