Dada Disaster (IC)

Aoiroo

"Your terms? What exactly are your terms? A fair fight between men, a proper duel where the winner bows out honorably after being beaten? That's not how crime works here. Criminals fight hard, they fight dirty, and they take whatever shortcuts they can to try and get what they want. We're just lucky that flashy chick wanted an audience more than anything, or she would of hit us with that freaking rocket launcher which body armor most certianly won't protect against, at least not body armor readily available to civilians."

"Steady on, young lady" replied Lord Steam, wondering if she needed more morphine.

"Just because the villains of the worlds don't fight fair, doesn't mean we have to lower ourselves to their standards. I mean, Queensbury rules and all that eh? Not that I won't take an advantage when I see one, in fact not that I don't seek an advantage when I can. Alls fair in love and war, after all. But I do have principles, you know. "

He paused for a moment. "Like not hitting women. But as you can see, every principle has an exception. Why, that madwomen almost had me putting the boot in once she had dropped. Shameful. "

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carrie crossed her legs,

"Standards huh, you want to hear the standards of this realm. Don't kill, don't maim, don't turn into braindead slaves, and don't pull innocents into the fray. Gender doesn't matter, status doesn't matter, race doesn't matter. Villians come in all shapes and sizes from all walks of life, and if you aren't so readily prepared to raise your hand simply because it's a woman I see some serious beatdowns in your future."

She let out a sigh and stretched her good arm out,

"Though I doubt I'll change your mind, am I gonna have to tag along with you on this little journey just in case another chick decides to point a rock launcher at you."

"Though I doubt I'll change your mind, am I gonna have to tag along with you on this little journey just in case another chick decides to point a rock launcher at you."

"I most certainly am not!" declared Lord Steam, as determined as ever. "Nothing gets my goat more than solving a crime, its my favourite passtime!" he smiled "Ideally with a fine vintage port and some pleasant female company to spice up the proceedings, of course!"

"And on that note, I would be more than delighted to have you at my side. You can show me the ropes of this dimension, perhaps. Maybe a little of my genius might also rub off on you!"

He gave a little smile at the last comment, indicating he was not entirely serious. He exuded confidence, and intelligence, but he new his limitations in this dimension, that much was clear.

She sat back and put an arm behind her head,

"Well than, I guess we'll want to weed out the specifics. I ain't paying for anything, I can't, in fact, I might not even be available tomorrow, because we're gonna want to at least sleep off the bullet wounds. Though I suppose I could cancel a job or two if I got a better offer."

The sudden counter offer came about for three reasons on Carrie's part, one because she offered her assistance as a joke and didn't think the dude would seriously consider it, two because she really did have a job tomorrow, though it was relatively minor, and three she would be doing this sort of thing tomorrow night as Silhouette regardless. Though now she wasn't Silhouette, the free night heroine, she was Carrie the temp everything for hire who was short on the rent she had due on Monday.

She sat back and put an arm behind her head,

"Well than, I guess we'll want to weed out the specifics. I ain't paying for anything, I can't, in fact, I might not even be available tomorrow, because we're gonna want to at least sleep off the bullet wounds. Though I suppose I could cancel a job or two if I got a better offer."

"Money is not an obstacle..." replied Lord Steam with a smile. He had enough money in this dimension, and Earth Victoriana, to make him a billionaire. Gold, it seemed, was valued in both dimensions, and his family was dripping in it. He had also been astute enough to invest it relatively wisely rather than blowing it all.

"...in fact, I can pay for everything. Including hiring you, if you need a pretext or some cash. I don't know what your, ahem, other profession is, but I would be happy to hire you for a few days if that would suit. Hmmm, please don't infer this means I'm your employer or anything, it just might be a convenient solution and cover. "

"I'm an artist by trade, and I don't have a set employer, I have situations like this. People need help with something, I go and help, they pay me. Usually it's stuff like painting sets, running theatre tech, making clothing, artsy stuff, but I don't mind helping out with anything else as long as it's within my abilities. As it just so happens, what you're offering is within my abilities."

Sitting up, she offered her hand to the strange man she met roughly an hour ago, who claimed to be from a place she just happened to be unusually familiar with. She offered her hand for a job she had grown accustomed to doing, but behind a mask. Really she might of seen the oddness of the situation if the oddness of the city around hadn't already numbed her to such things,

"So, next two days than, I'll help you out on your exploits and assist to the best of my abilities, and within the constraints of my own dignity."

"So, next two days than, I'll help you out on your exploits and assist to the best of my abilities, and within the constraints of my own dignity."

"Madam!" he replied with a little affront. "I can assure you that your dignity will never bee taxed!"

He was, however, rather pleased with the outcome.

As they shuffled into the Hospital to their respective medical care, he took Carries contact details. Antiquated as he was, he had soon come to respect the power of the mobile phone.

"Ostensibly, hiring you to do some artsy work on the Steam Mansion" he said, by way of explanation. "It is, in fact, still being done up, and I could do with another eye, so it won't be complete duplicity. I hope you like the Victorian style!" he said, his voice trailing off as he was carted off to X-Ray.