La La Land

Thevshi

The heavy sound of base from the latest dance music filled the air ahead of Megan Howell as she stepped into the entrance of Millennium. Located at the top of a high-rise condominium building on the Northwest corner of Hunter and 40 th, Millennium catered to the young and upwardly mobile.

The interior of the club was futuristic, sleek and stylish, making Megan smile as her blue eyes took in the sights. Green, red and blue neon lights were prevalent throughout the club, bathing the smooth lines of the décor in a wild pattern of colors. Quite an improvement over the dark and “industrial†interiors of places like the Midnight Hour or the Fourth World. Of course, she was actually underage, but money had a way of getting around little problems like that.

I spend evenings running around this city stopping criminals and supercriminals. Thought Megan. I deserve to have a bit of fun from time to time. But she well knew that “having fun†was hardly something she lacked for, even with the time she spent as Velocity. It was still nice to justify a special trip like tonight.

Green Velvet’s La La Land began to play.

I've been the one to party until the end

Looking for the after party to begin

I'm going down to La La Land

I hope to see yaz soon in La La Land

Somethin bout those little pills unreal the thrills they yield until they kill a million brain cells

Somethin bout those little pills unreal the thrills they yield until they kill a million brain cells

Now I need to go,whos gonna give me a ride to the after show

I hope that I have enough change so I can make my brain rearrange

I hope to see ya soon in La La Land

Oh what have I done, what happened to the morning

I passed the time away high again

I got to find a way to fill the space in time

La La Land is where I need to be

La La Land is the place that all sets me free

Brain cells

Has anybody seen my brain today? Ay

Can anybody pay my rent today? Ay

The pulsing beat of the music quickly had Megan moving her hips as she focused on the dance floor in the center of the club. She had plenty of time to make her way around and meet people, right now she really wanted to get out there and dance. The neon lights caused the sparkles on her red dress to shine in a variety of hues as she started forward. Megan was glad she had chosen the dress she was wearing for this place, everyone was clearly looking to dress to impress here.

Slipping her way through the crowd, smiling at a couple of cute guys she passed by on her way to the dance floor. Moving into a small open space, the blonde teen began to dance, quickly matching her body’s motions to the rhythm of the music. Her hips moved seductively to the music, the short length of her dress and the heels of her Christian Dior sandals making her tone legs appear longer than they really were. Megan just let the music guide her as she let time seem to slow down, looking forward to a long enjoyable night.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The heavy sound of base from the latest dance music filled the air ahead of Megan Howell as she stepped into the entrance of Millennium. Located at the top of a high-rise condominium building on the Northwest corner of Hunter and 40 th, Millennium catered to the young and upwardly mobile.

The interior of the club was futuristic, sleek and stylish, making Megan smile as her blue eyes took in the sights. Green, red and blue neon lights were prevalent throughout the club, bathing the smooth lines of the décor in a wild pattern of colors. Quite an improvement over the dark and “industrial†interiors of places like the Midnight Hour or the Fourth World. Of course, she was actually underage, but money had a way of getting around little problems like that.

I spend evenings running around this city stopping criminals and supercriminals. Thought Megan. I deserve to have a bit of fun from time to time. But she well knew that “having fun†was hardly something she lacked for, even with the time she spent as Velocity. It was still nice to justify a special trip like tonight.

Brain cells

The pulsing beat of the music quickly had Megan moving her hips as she focused on the dance floor in the center of the club. She had plenty of time to make her way around and meet people, right now she really wanted to get out there and dance. The neon lights caused the sparkles on her red dress to shine in a variety of hues as she started forward. Megan was glad she had chosen the dress she was wearing for this place, everyone was clearly looking to dress to impress here.

Slipping her way through the crowd, smiling at a couple of cute guys she passed by on her way to the dance floor. Moving into a small open space, the blonde teen began to dance, quickly matching her body’s motions to the rhythm of the music. Her hips moved seductively to the music, the short length of her dress and the heels of her Christian Dior sandals making her tone legs appear longer than they really were. Megan just let the music guide her as she let time seem to slow down, looking forward to a long enjoyable night.

Brain cells

Duncan Maguire entered the Millennium night club wearing his black Calvin Klein ensemble and moved over to the bar. 'Tonight the music is actually passable as being good,' he thought as he orderd a drink. As he waited for the drink to be made, Duncan took a moment to check out the night's draw of single women.

Duncan's eyes passed first over a group of women sitting at a table. They were dressed in the latest fashion from Chanel. Duncan turned his gaze away. He wasn't interested in women with only a textbook knowledge of fashion. He saw enough of that at work. Now, he wanted something different, something exciting, not the typical pin-up wannabes.

Duncan turned around and took a small sip from his drink. His light green eyes looked over the dance floor and he smiled as he noticed the young woman in red dancing alone on the dance floor. 'Just what the doctor ordered,' he thought as he moved over into a better position to observe her movements.

'She's a pretty good dancer,' Duncan thought as he studied her. 'With legs like those, I'd say she works out a lot.' He put his glass down and ran his hand through his hair in preparation of approaching her.

Unfortunately, Duncan saw the two guys head up to her before he could move. He frowned as he noticed their movements. They were already drunk. 'I wonder how she'll handle them. Might give me some insight on how to deal with her.' Duncan relaxed but continued to watch the encounter.

"Hey baby," came a slightly slured voiced near Megan's ear. "Why you dancing by yourself?"

The voice was attached to a man with short blond hair wearing straight black glasses, a drink in his hand. He stood fairly close to Meggan, leaning over to be heard over the loud music. Next to him, was another guy who seemed just as tipsy as the first.

Duncan Maguire entered the Millennium night club wearing his black Calvin Klein ensemble and moved over to the bar. 'Tonight the music is actually passable as being good,' he thought as he orderd a drink. As he waited for the drink to be made, Duncan took a moment to check out the night's draw of single women.

Duncan's eyes passed first over a group of women sitting at a table. They were dressed in the latest fashion from Chanel. Duncan turned his gaze away. He wasn't interested in women with only a textbook knowledge of fashion. He saw enough of that at work. Now, he wanted something different, something exciting, not the typical pin-up wannabes.

Duncan turned around and took a small sip from his drink. His light green eyes looked over the dance floor and he smiled as he noticed the young woman in red dancing alone on the dance floor. 'Just what the doctor ordered,' he thought as he moved over into a better position to observe her movements.

'She's a pretty good dancer,' Duncan thought as he studied her. 'With legs like those, I'd say she works out a lot.' He put his glass down and ran his hand through his hair in preparation of approaching her.

Unfortunately, Duncan saw the two guys head up to her before he could move. He frowned as he noticed their movements. They were already drunk. 'I wonder how she'll handle them. Might give me some insight on how to deal with her.' Duncan relaxed but continued to watch the encounter.

"Hey baby," came a slightly slured voiced near Megan's ear. "Why you dancing by yourself?"

The voice was attached to a man with short blond hair wearing straight black glasses, a drink in his hand. He stood fairly close to Meggan, leaning over to be heard over the loud music. Next to him, was another guy who seemed just as tipsy as the first.

Megan turned around and slowed her movements some as she looked at the man that had spoke to her. Great, a bunch of drunks are the first ones to try to put some moves on me. She thought to herself. But she had been dealing with drunk football players since she was a Freshman, even before she got superpowers, so was not unfamiliar with the situation.

“Because that’s beauty of dancing, it can be fun even alone.†She responded with a smile. “You two having a good time?â€Â

Megan turned around and slowed her movements some as she looked at the man that had spoke to her. Great, a bunch of drunks are the first ones to try to put some moves on me. She thought to herself. But she had been dealing with drunk football players since she was a Freshman, even before she got superpowers, so was not unfamiliar with the situation.

“Because that’s beauty of dancing, it can be fun even alone.†She responded with a smile. “You two having a good time?â€Â

The first guy to speak smiled as he realized she hadn't outwardly rejected his approach. "Yeah, having a good time." He looks over at his buddy smiling. "But it'll be much better with you in the mix."

The second guy took the cue and moved to Meggan's other side. Now the two men had her boxed in and began to dance, liquid from their drinks spilling uncaringly to the floor. Their movements were jerky, suggestive, and crowded into Meggan's personal dance space. It wouldn't be long before they were actually touching her.

Duncan frowned as he watched the proceeds from his position near the bar. 'Do those idiots think grinding on her is going to her her attention the way they want? Man, these college boys can be idiots.' Duncan raised his glass to his lips and took another drink.

The first guy to speak smiled as he realized she hadn't outwardly rejected his approach. "Yeah, having a good time." He looks over at his buddy smiling. "But it'll be much better with you in the mix."

The second guy took the cue and moved to Meggan's other side. Now the two men had her boxed in and began to dance, liquid from their drinks spilling uncaringly to the floor. Their movements were jerky, suggestive, and crowded into Meggan's personal dance space. It wouldn't be long before they were actually touching her.

Duncan frowned as he watched the proceeds from his position near the bar. 'Do those idiots think grinding on her is going to her her attention the way they want? Man, these college boys can be idiots.' Duncan raised his glass to his lips and took another drink.

Megan had given the two the benefit of the doubt, offering them a chance to prove that they were not as completely drunk and lame as they seemed, but they quickly dispelled that idea. As they moved to either side of her to try to dance with her, the blonde teen agilely slipped out from between the two.

“Sorry guys, not the type of dancing I am interested in tonight. Your loss.†She shouted at the two over the music before she turned away and started back through the crowded on the dance floor to put some space between her and the drunk losers.

Megan had given the two the benefit of the doubt, offering them a chance to prove that they were not as completely drunk and lame as they seemed, but they quickly dispelled that idea. As they moved to either side of her to try to dance with her, the blonde teen agilely slipped out from between the two.

“Sorry guys, not the type of dancing I am interested in tonight. Your loss.†She shouted at the two over the music before she turned away and started back through the crowded on the dance floor to put some space between her and the drunk losers.

The two guys mouthed off an obscene epithet in her direction before turning away and looking for different prey.

Duncan smiled as he watched Megan move deftly away from the two drunks. 'Hmm. She moves pretty good. Almost as well as me.' Duncan laughed slightly and brought his glass to his lips again. The gesture blocked his eyesight so he didn't noticed the few startled looks in his direction.

"Yo! Everybody!" came the voice of the DJ over the music which had been lowered. A number of the people turned to look at the DJ, wondering what had brought on the sudden announcement. A spot light was turned onto the DJ who smiled at the crowd before him. Duncan looked over at the DJ, curious as to what was going on.

"I just got the news that we have, in the number one club in Freedom City, a very special VIP guest!" The DJ, the ultimate showman, raised his arms to the crowd hightening the anticipation of the crowd.

"Do you wanna know who?" He yelled out to the crowd.

A few people in the crowd called out their desire but it obviously wasn't enough for the DJ. "It don't sound like you wanna know. If you wannna know who's in the house, you better make some noise!" The DJ yelled out while again raising his arms to draw the crowd into it. More people turned towards teh DJ booth and shouted out their desire to hear who the VIP was. Half of the people on the dance floor had stopped dancing. Their attention had turned to the spectacle slowly gaining momentum.

The DJ smiled to the crowd, finally satisfied with the response. "Second only to Johnny Rocket in speed, Freedom City's very own......."

The crowd held their collective breaths waiting for the DJ to reveal his secret. By now, the whole club was watching the DJ to see exactly who was in the club. Eyes darted from side to side as people tried to see in the darkness exactly who would be revealed.

"Duncan Maguire!!!!!"

As the name rolled off of his lips, the DJ pointed in Duncan's direction. A spotlight engulfed Ducan, slightly blinding him. He raised his arm to block the light slightly. He smiled slightly at the faces looking in his direction. Duncan had only a few seconds more of freedom before a mob of women surrounded him while asking for his autograph.

The two guys mouthed off an obscene epithet in her direction before turning away and looking for different prey.

Duncan smiled as he watched Megan move deftly away from the two drunks. 'Hmm. She moves pretty good. Almost as well as me.' Duncan laughed slightly and brought his glass to his lips again. The gesture blocked his eyesight so he didn't noticed the few startled looks in his direction.

"Yo! Everybody!" came the voice of the DJ over the music which had been lowered. A number of the people turned to look at the DJ, wondering what had brought on the sudden announcement. A spot light was turned onto the DJ who smiled at the crowd before him. Duncan looked over at the DJ, curious as to what was going on.

"I just got the news that we have, in the number one club in Freedom City, a very special VIP guest!" The DJ, the ultimate showman, raised his arms to the crowd hightening the anticipation of the crowd.

A few people in the crowd called out their desire but it obviously wasn't enough for the DJ. "It don't sound like you wanna know. If you wannna know who's in the house, you better make some noise!" The DJ yelled out while again raising his arms to draw the crowd into it. More people turned towards teh DJ booth and shouted out their desire to hear who the VIP was. Half of the people on the dance floor had stopped dancing. Their attention had turned to the spectacle slowly gaining momentum.

The DJ smiled to the crowd, finally satisfied with the response. "Second only to Johnny Rocket in speed, Freedom City's very own......."

The crowd held their collective breaths waiting for the DJ to reveal his secret. By now, the whole club was watching the DJ to see exactly who was in the club. Eyes darted from side to side as people tried to see in the darkness exactly who would be revealed.

"Duncan Maguire!!!!!"

As the name rolled off of his lips, the DJ pointed in Duncan's direction. A spotlight engulfed Ducan, slightly blinding him. He raised his arm to block the light slightly. He smiled slightly at the faces looking in his direction. Duncan had only a few seconds more of freedom before a mob of women surrounded him while asking for his autograph.

"Duncan Maguire!!!!!"

Megan had looked over at the DJ with a slight feeling of annoyance as the volume of the music went down and the DJ started talking up some VIP that was present. Only slightly curious, Megan would much rather continue dancing.

When the DJ finally reveled the VIP, she was less than impressed. While she knew a bit about it, it more had to do with the fact she read stacks of magazines a month (one of the little benefits of being able to read at superspeed). NASCAR was not something she really cared much about. After all, she was far faster than any race car.

Turning away from where the spotlight had shown, she waited for the music volume to go back up so she could focus back on her dancing.

Megan had looked over at the DJ with a slight feeling of annoyance as the volume of the music went down and the DJ started talking up some VIP that was present. Only slightly curious, Megan would much rather continue dancing.

When the DJ finally reveled the VIP, she was less than impressed. While she knew a bit about it, it more had to do with the fact she read stacks of magazines a month (one of the little benefits of being able to read at superspeed). NASCAR was not something she really cared much about. After all, she was far faster than any race car.

Turning away from where the spotlight had shown, she waited for the music volume to go back up so she could focus back on her dancing.

Satisfied with the results of hsi introduction, the DJ turned the music back up and the spot lights were cut off. Most of the people attending the club went back to their various activites, quickly forgetting the Duncan. A few groupies remained around Duncan long enough for the racer to sign a few autographs before returning to their friends and enjoying the club.

'Duncan sighed as he watched the last groupie move off. 'I'm surprised anyone notice me at all. I was hoping not to give out autographs tonight. Well, can't have it all.'

Duncan finished off his drink and moved back to the bar. AS he ordered another drink, a few of the women nearby smiled at him. Duncan politely smiled back but knew it was his fame that had attracted the woman. He turned his back on the woman once he got his drink and looked out on the dance floor again.

Duncan ignored the groupies. His eyes searched the dance floor for the sparkle of red that had caught his eye earlier. 'Now where did she go? She didn't come over looking for an autograph. She's got to be out ther somewhere.'

Satisfied with the results of hsi introduction, the DJ turned the music back up and the spot lights were cut off. Most of the people attending the club went back to their various activites, quickly forgetting the Duncan. A few groupies remained around Duncan long enough for the racer to sign a few autographs before returning to their friends and enjoying the club.

'Duncan sighed as he watched the last groupie move off. 'I'm surprised anyone notice me at all. I was hoping not to give out autographs tonight. Well, can't have it all.'

Duncan finished off his drink and moved back to the bar. AS he ordered another drink, a few of the women nearby smiled at him. Duncan politely smiled back but knew it was his fame that had attracted the woman. He turned his back on the woman once he got his drink and looked out on the dance floor again.

Duncan ignored the groupies. His eyes searched the dance floor for the sparkle of red that had caught his eye earlier. 'Now where did she go? She didn't come over looking for an autograph. She's got to be out ther somewhere.'

Once the music had started back up once more, Megan was quickly back to dancing. She was wanting to just have a good time tonight, and dancing was one of the things she really enjoyed. As she quickly matched her movements to the rhythm of the new song, she found a guy had moved over to dance near her.

He did not seem overly drunk, and was not trying to grind all over her, so Megan just kept going, giving him a slight smile. If he wanted to think he was getting somewhere with her, he could think that all he wanted. The attention was sufficient for the moment, but not something she particularly needed. She’d let him feel good about himself till he tried to go to far, or something better came along.