La La Land

Thevshi

'Chearleading?' Duncan thinks but doesn't let the thought show on his face. Instead he nods his head at her question.

"Sure, lots. When I'm not racing, I take some classes over at HIT. That takes up most of my spare time. When I get a night or two off, I like to come out and enjoy the night life. A little dancing, meeting up with friends, that sort of things."

Duncan turned to look at the dance floor for a bit. The music ahd changed again and he was just starting to feel the beat. "Hey, you up for a twirl?" he says tipping his head towards the dance floor.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Chearleading?' Duncan thinks but doesn't let the thought show on his face. Instead he nods his head at her question.

"Sure, lots. When I'm not racing, I take some classes over at HIT. That takes up most of my spare time. When I get a night or two off, I like to come out and enjoy the night life. A little dancing, meeting up with friends, that sort of things."

Duncan turned to look at the dance floor for a bit. The music ahd changed again and he was just starting to feel the beat. "Hey, you up for a twirl?" he says tipping his head towards the dance floor.

Megan had been about to ask Duncan about what classes he was taking at HIT when he had looked out at the dance floor and the back to her, asking if she wanted to go back out there. The blonde girl smiled as she nodded. “Sure thing, always up for dancing.â€Â

Megan had been about to ask Duncan about what classes he was taking at HIT when he had looked out at the dance floor and the back to her, asking if she wanted to go back out there. The blonde girl smiled as she nodded. “Sure thing, always up for dancing.â€Â

Duncan smiled as he held out his hand to her. "Great!" As he waited for her to take his hand, he placed his glass on the bar counter.

Together, they moved out to the floor, Duncan pushing their way throught he throng of bodies until the two were near the center of the floor. Duncan smiled again and leaned in close for Megan to hear. "I always say, if you're going dance, might as well make sure you're in the center of things!" As the words pass his lips he pulls back giving Megan a little extra space to dance.

Unlike the two drunk guys that had tried to dance with her, Duncan kept a slight buffere between the two. Though his steps weren't as smooth as Megan's were, he wasn't that bad. Duncan moved more to his own beat instead of matching Megan's. Occasionally during the song, he would copy one of her moves but shortly switch to one of his own. All the while they danced, Duncan slowly moved about her, gently bumping into people until he had ensured that they had space to dance without feeling overly crowded.

Duncan smiled as he held out his hand to her. "Great!" As he waited for her to take his hand, he placed his glass on the bar counter.

Together, they moved out to the floor, Duncan pushing their way throught he throng of bodies until the two were near the center of the floor. Duncan smiled again and leaned in close for Megan to hear. "I always say, if you're going dance, might as well make sure you're in the center of things!" As the words pass his lips he pulls back giving Megan a little extra space to dance.

Unlike the two drunk guys that had tried to dance with her, Duncan kept a slight buffere between the two. Though his steps weren't as smooth as Megan's were, he wasn't that bad. Duncan moved more to his own beat instead of matching Megan's. Occasionally during the song, he would copy one of her moves but shortly switch to one of his own. All the while they danced, Duncan slowly moved about her, gently bumping into people until he had ensured that they had space to dance without feeling overly crowded.

• 2 weeks later...

Megan smiled when Duncan mentioned being in the center of things as she lets him lead her towards the center of the dance floor. Once out there, Megan quickly was moving fluidly to the rhythm of the music. She noted that Duncan kept to his own style mainly, which was more than fine. Guys that felt they had to try to match her or copy her were often not that good of dancers to begin with, and unless they were ballroom dancing, it often did not work out well.

The young blonde just kept dancing, enjoying the music. She soon noticed Duncan was keeping something of a small buffer space for them, which was a nice change to the normally pressed confines of the dance floor when it was crowded. Megan wasted no time in using the little extra space to really let herself move.

Megan smiled when Duncan mentioned being in the center of things as she lets him lead her towards the center of the dance floor. Once out there, Megan quickly was moving fluidly to the rhythm of the music. She noted that Duncan kept to his own style mainly, which was more than fine. Guys that felt they had to try to match her or copy her were often not that good of dancers to begin with, and unless they were ballroom dancing, it often did not work out well.

The young blonde just kept dancing, enjoying the music. She soon noticed Duncan was keeping something of a small buffer space for them, which was a nice change to the normally pressed confines of the dance floor when it was crowded. Megan wasted no time in using the little extra space to really let herself move.

Duncan was amazed by Megan's movements. She had a grace that he had rarely seen in the women that usualy came to the club. He smiled whenever she turned towards him.

'Now she may be worth the effort,' he thought.

For teh next three songs, Duncan kept her on the floor. His pacing never really slowed, but it was clear that midway through the third song, he was starting to get winded. He gestured towards the bar when Megan faced him again. 'Wow, she must have some great stamina. I'm starting to get winded but she just doesn't look tired in the least! Cheerleading must be more strenuous than I thought.'

He lead her back to the bar and sat on an open stool. "Sorry about that," Duncan said with a slight pant in his voice. "I guess driving doesn't give me endurance to keep going all night. Cheerleading must really be tough."

Duncan blinked when a thought came to him. "So, you're on the cheerleading team over at FCU?"

Duncan was amazed by Megan's movements. She had a grace that he had rarely seen in the women that usualy came to the club. He smiled whenever she turned towards him.

'Now she may be worth the effort,' he thought.

For teh next three songs, Duncan kept her on the floor. His pacing never really slowed, but it was clear that midway through the third song, he was starting to get winded. He gestured towards the bar when Megan faced him again. 'Wow, she must have some great stamina. I'm starting to get winded but she just doesn't look tired in the least! Cheerleading must be more strenuous than I thought.'

He lead her back to the bar and sat on an open stool. "Sorry about that," Duncan said with a slight pant in his voice. "I guess driving doesn't give me endurance to keep going all night. Cheerleading must really be tough."

Duncan blinked when a thought came to him. "So, you're on the cheerleading team over at FCU?"

When Duncan gestured back towards the bar, Megan nodded and followed along with him. She smiled as he apologized. “It’s okay.†She said. “I wouldn’t really say it was the cheerleading, though we do a number of dances, its more the intensity of the workouts and aerobics classes.â€Â

Duncan then asked a question she had been hoping he would bring up. She really did not want to lie to him, so decided that being truthful was likely the best thing to do. “No, not FCU.†She replied, her voice dropping a bit. “I’m actually a Senior at North Bay Academy.â€Â

When Duncan gestured back towards the bar, Megan nodded and followed along with him. She smiled as he apologized. “It’s okay.†She said. “I wouldn’t really say it was the cheerleading, though we do a number of dances, its more the intensity of the workouts and aerobics classes.â€Â

Duncan then asked a question she had been hoping he would bring up. She really did not want to lie to him, so decided that being truthful was likely the best thing to do. “No, not FCU.†She replied, her voice dropping a bit. “I’m actually a Senior at North Bay Academy.â€Â

Duncan blinked his eyes as he hear the words come from megan's mouth. 'North Bay Academy? That's high school! What is she doing in here?' he thought. Duncan looked out a the crowd, giving himself a little time to think.

The floor was filled with people of all ages. It was hard to tell how old people were witht he lights dimmed the way they were and most of the clientele did vome from families with more than enough money to bride their way into any club they wanted regardless of restrictions. 'Who am I to judge her? When I was in high school, I was trying to get into the clubs as well. Besides, she was up front about it. If she had hidden the fact, I would be very upset.'

Duncan smiled at Megan. "Thanks for the heads up. You don't know how much that means to me." Duncan held out his hand to Megan. "You don't have anything to worry from me. There was a time when I was in the same shoes as you."

Duncan blinked his eyes as he hear the words come from megan's mouth. 'North Bay Academy? That's high school! What is she doing in here?' he thought. Duncan looked out a the crowd, giving himself a little time to think.

The floor was filled with people of all ages. It was hard to tell how old people were witht he lights dimmed the way they were and most of the clientele did vome from families with more than enough money to bride their way into any club they wanted regardless of restrictions. 'Who am I to judge her? When I was in high school, I was trying to get into the clubs as well. Besides, she was up front about it. If she had hidden the fact, I would be very upset.'

Duncan smiled at Megan. "Thanks for the heads up. You don't know how much that means to me." Duncan held out his hand to Megan. "You don't have anything to worry from me. There was a time when I was in the same shoes as you."

Megan had waited after her statement for Duncan’s reaction. To her, the few moments he took to think felt like a long, long time, but she tried not to read much into that, after all, she could understand his position. When he smiled and thanked her for her truthfulness, she smiled back as she took his hand.

“Thanks, places like the Midnight Hour get a bit old sometimes, besides, on a week night like tonight, it would be pretty dead.†She replied.

Megan had waited after her statement for Duncan’s reaction. To her, the few moments he took to think felt like a long, long time, but she tried not to read much into that, after all, she could understand his position. When he smiled and thanked her for her truthfulness, she smiled back as she took his hand.

“Thanks, places like the Midnight Hour get a bit old sometimes, besides, on a week night like tonight, it would be pretty dead.†She replied.

Duncan shook her hand firmly to seal the slight agreement before letting go. "I can understand that. It's always good to get out and enjoy yourself when you can. I've been known to disappear from the media from time to time. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to get away from groupies."

Duncan tilted his head as he realized he had yet to hear the girl's name. "You, know, I never did get your name. I'm Duncan."

Duncan shook her hand firmly to seal the slight agreement before letting go. "I can understand that. It's always good to get out and enjoy yourself when you can. I've been known to disappear from the media from time to time. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to get away from groupies."

Duncan tilted his head as he realized he had yet to hear the girl's name. "You, know, I never did get your name. I'm Duncan."

“I can imagine.†Megan replied to Duncan’s comment about getting away from groupies. There were more than a few Velocity fanboys she knew about, thankfully none of them were able to even remotely keep up with her, so getting away did not prove too difficult a task.

Megan’s thoughts were pulled back to the moment as Duncan mentioned not having heard her name. “Sorry.†She said with a smile. “Megan Howell.â€Â

“I can imagine.†Megan replied to Duncan’s comment about getting away from groupies. There were more than a few Velocity fanboys she knew about, thankfully none of them were able to even remotely keep up with her, so getting away did not prove too difficult a task.

Megan’s thoughts were pulled back to the moment as Duncan mentioned not having heard her name. “Sorry.†She said with a smile. “Megan Howell.â€Â

Duncan blinks slightly at hearing her name. "The Howell? I've heard a lot about your mother in the news. Seems she's always helping out some foundation or other. Man, that's has got to cause you more grief than me. How does it feel to be the daughter of such a well-known do gooder?"

Duncan blinks slightly at hearing her name. "The Howell? I've heard a lot about your mother in the news. Seems she's always helping out some foundation or other. Man, that's has got to cause you more grief than me. How does it feel to be the daughter of such a well-known do gooder?"

• 2 weeks later...

Megan smiled. “It’s not so bad. If nothing else it keeps her busy and out of my hair.†She grinned at the last. “But really, my mom does a lot of good things, and I try to help out when I can.â€Â

Duncan nods his head. "I can understand that. Sometimes I wish I could get my dad off my back from time to time." Duncan looked around at the dance floor. So many people dancing and enjoying themselves, but the club wasn'T really a good place to talk. The music made hearing a conversation fairly difficult.

Duncan smiled at Megan before pointing towards a door marked VIP. "Say, it's pretty noisy out here and I'd like to talk to you a little more without screaming. Waht do you say we head to the VIP rooms? We can still hear the music but it would be much easier to talk. We can always come back out if you want to dance again."

Megan looked over at the door he was point at as she heard his question. She looked back at him as she wondered briefly about why he might be inviting her to one of those more private rooms. She really did not think he was trying to take advantage of her, he did not really seem the type. Even if she was wrong, she was very certain she could deal with him, if not get away with relative ease, so she figured there was little harm in going somewhere that they could talk more easily for a bit.

All that consideration took a fraction of a second, so quickly that someone would not even realize the delay in her response. One of the benefits of being able to think and move hundreds of times faster than a normal person. “Sure, that sounds good.†She replied with a smile.