First Impressionisms (IC)

"I think it is a rather flattering portrait towards the two of you as you both overcome the subconcious to be the very noble and hospitable boys I see before me. Mine, well, I guess my baser desires are just testiment to the culture and life I led before entering this realm."

Rene nodded, the lady was rather astute.

Lady? Realm? he arched an eyebrow, realising he didn't quite now who or what Etain was. Faerie? Atlantean? Mu? She had a slightly "old" look about her: even if she didn't look old, she had that air about her.

He was too old for subterfuge, particularly amongst friends. Excepting his pretence about being old and infirm, of course. That didn't count. He was sufficiently old to enjoy exceptions to rules when it suited him.

"And I would love to know exactly what realm that was... not ours for sure. And quite what they have to do with ze...baser desires as you put it..."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John proceed to make a fire extinguisher to put out the few burnt embers, just in case. As such he didn't really process what the others were talking about until it clicked in his head. I'm responsible for this, he numbly realized. He heard Miss Etains' kind words and while he found them heartening, he was still deeply ashamed that he put these people in danger. They who had welcomed into their house with open arms. His painting doppelganger was indeed a reflection of him, the one that represented the purpose he was made for. It was always there, a constant reminder of what he truly was. Nothing to do now but to own up to the situation.

"I am deeply sorry for the trouble that I have caused you all. My powers are indeed psionic in nature, I however lost focus which allowed this to happen. While I am very appreciative that no one was seriously hurt, my presence here seems to be at odds with your intrinsic magic. If you show me to the exit, I will take my leave."

Crow stepped in between the group, holding up his hands in a placating gesture. He'd already started talking before he realized he'd opened his mouth, but rather than stop abruptly, the teen simply soldiered on.

"Oi, oi, oi, I think that's enough from everyone. Before we all get real melancholy, we're in Freedom City; this is the kind of thing we deal with on a regular basis. And besides, it's magic." He shrugged, then clapped a hand on Myrmidon's shoulder in a friendly gesture before remembering his friend's aversion and stepping back with a self-depreciating smile.

"It's cool, man. I've done worse experimenting with runes around here; blown out more than a few windows." He then turned to Changeling and rubbed the back of his head, distinctly embarassed.

"And...err...sorry about my own fake." Morgan blushed furiously and turned, starting towards the building. "So hey, instead of writing the day off as a total loss, who wants lunch?"

"I am deeply sorry for the trouble that I have caused you all. My powers are indeed psionic in nature, I however lost focus which allowed this to happen. While I am very appreciative that no one was seriously hurt, my presence here seems to be at odds with your intrinsic magic. If you show me to the exit, I will take my leave."

"Please, monsieur" pleaded Rene. "Ze fault is not you own... merely, how shall we say, a series of unfortunate events. Oui. Most unfortunate. 'Owever, it is not for you to blame yourself over this. Or indeed for any of us. It is just something to learn. "

He nodded to himself sagely, and admired how he had let himself off the hook.

He turned to Crow when the young man mentioned lunch.

"Lunch is always a fine Idea!" he agreed. "With fine wine to match, I hope!"

John didn't really know how to respond to them. In fact he was so shocked at their acceptance of the fact that he had missed Crow's hand on his shoulder. He was still getting used to the idea of non-corporal punishment for mistakes and then this. If Crow had a camera he'd have blackmail of the serious student of John for months, with John standing there in shock, a bit of redness creeping into his ears.

"Thank you very much." was about all he could say to the situation before hastily adding, "Mess sounds good." with an overemphasized (for John anyways) head nod.

"He he" chuckled Rene "It just so happens..."

He scuttled off, to return with a bottle of vintage claret. "One of ze finest wines in France!" he pronounced.

"I couldn't resist bringing over such a masterpiece of ze grape. I had planned to save it for the completion of the portrait so we could toast the birth of another masterpiece" he nodded towards the smoking easel.

"But as it so happens, we ended up birthing something quite wild! I confess, I am somewhat shaken by events, my young friends, but what will be will be, and what was, is best left in the past. It was accidental, but rather spectacular... something to savour and laugh over, rather than burden ourselves with. "

Etain might of jumped to his defense, but Morgan was readily prepared to reassure his friend, and it left her a smile as lunch was suggested,

"It is a bit early for wine Mr. DeSaens, though I am sure we have some soda in the fridge as well. I think there is some rolls in the pantry, perhaps we can make some sandwiches, or a frozen pizza or two. I picked so up a few days ago as Nick was complaining that the pizza man was unable to find the house."

"It is a bit early for wine Mr. DeSaens"

"Hmph. It is never to early for Wine, madam!" said Rene, with a little bow. "There is only bad wine, and too much wine. The time of day has nothing to do with it. "

"Mind you, I suspect I will be having a nap afterwards. I'm an old man you know, and this had been a day full of excitement. My aching bones, zey need a rest!"

"And as for frozen pizza..." frowned Rene, his brow furrowed and deeply unhappy. "...I would rather die. I am a Frenchman! Frozen Pizza is an insult to my taste buds!"

John looked between the two, and tried to get some decisions going instead of idle arguments for arguments sake. "If I am not mistaken Mr. DeSaens, all but yourself are technically underage here by law, and therefore cannot drink anything with an alcohol content."

He opened the door leading back into Parkhurst for the others. "We can decide further on lunch when we ascertian what food stores you have in stock. If there is nothing there that appeals, Mr. Morgan or I could go and retrieve something from a store if you wish."

"Well all that are here that are underaged cannot drink in public, but is generally frowned upon. But as I said, it is far too early for such a thing. I have no problem pouring Mr. DeSaens some wine if he would like, as well as Custos."

The gargoyle too a few steps forward,

"You shouldn't tease me like that."

Etain let out a light laugh,

"Yes, I am sorry, though I do not think the ghosts or the door will let you in the house, there is a large window looking into the louge, would you like to watch some tv?"

The gargoyle perked up,

"That'd be great, I'm severly behind on Mythbusters. You guys get discovery."

"We do, as well as HBO, let me lead you there."

Etain walked around the house with the great stone beast following and returned just a few minutes later.

"So, what would we want to get for lunch?"

"If I am not mistaken Mr. DeSaens, all but yourself are technically underage here by law, and therefore cannot drink anything with an alcohol content."

"Ah yes, your uncivilised alcohol laws. You should come to France!" sniffed Rene.

"Still, Laws are Laws. Even if zey are silly. And besides, all the more for me. " He glanced at Etain and continued, looking at her "If I truly am the only one legally able to drink..."

He shrugged. "Be that as it is, I may be able to remember some cooking lessons from back home, and rustle up something. I am sure it will be better than frozen Pizza!"