Claremont Academy Inbound (IC)

John chuckled darkly. and sighed "I know what it's like to live in the shadow of a person, believe me." A dark look crossed his face as he continued. But to answer your question, I have been trained in a variety of styles but don't hold any sort of rank. Krav Maga, Systema, Sambo, Boxing, and MCMAP. I've been dabbling in learning more about Parkour as of late. I am experienced with most every weapon that shoots or holds an edge. My main specialty is combat command and tactics."

He slumped his shoulders when looked at their faces, both with incredulous looks directed at him. "I did not have a normal upbringing, however you put it. Not much else in my life up to this point except books and combat. My mother died when I was three in Bosnia, and well, my father doesn't seem to care one way or another if I am alive or not."

John forced a smile on his face. "So I hope you will understand and forgive me that I do not know much in the way of popular culture or current events." He rubbed the back of his neck, looking a bit embarrassed. "So if you could explain things of that nature it would be very helpful to me."

Vicky let loose the kind of smile that cats get when cornering mice. "That shouldn't be a problem. We'll show you to the computer lab and let you loose on Wikipedia and the TV tropes websites. They'll kill your life for a few days but you can start on one subject, like the history of swords, and end up somewhere completely different, like the page for Care Bears. Don't ask how I managed to do it but, that's how the internet works."

Morgan gave John a sympathetic look, shifting at his position and shaking his head, resisting the urge to give the newcomer a pat on the shoulder (since he clearly didn't like it earlier when he put an arm over his shoulders. Touching issues? Eh, takes all kinds...).

"I'm sorry to hear that, man. I've had some parental issues myself, but I don't know where I'd be without my own dad...he's kind of what inspired me to go the cape and cowl route."

Then Wisp spoke, and for a moment, Crow looked like he wanted to throttle Vicky. Shortly thereafter he rolled his eyes and rubbed the back of his head.

"It's called a Wiki Walk, Vick. And believe me, those sites are more insidious than a supervillain's mind control machine. Wouldn't surprise me if some whacked-out evil genius invented them, to tell you the truth..."

He eyed one clone for a moment, looking between it and John with a curious eye.

"Damn...those do look similar. Heh, ever thought of sending one to do your exams while playing Xbox or something? Lucky stiff..."

Something then seemed to hit the runecaster, and he gave a somewhat surprised look at his new classmate.

"Actually, you're one of the first newbies I've met who didn't give me a 'this guy must be crazy' look when I mentioned rune magic. You've seen magic before?"

"it is alright. My father in his own way has also guided me on my path." He did not follow much of the conversation abut x-boxes or tvtropes things, whatever they were. Hopefully he'd get a more in depth answer later.

"Damn...those do look similar. Heh, ever thought of sending one to do your exams while playing Xbox or something? Lucky stiff..."

Oh. John still had replica soldiers out. He dismissed them, and the faded out of existence. "No, I prefer to do things on my own merit. After all, they are reflections of me, not the other way around. I tend to avoid using my powers if at all possible. Even though some situations do not allow that luxury."

"Actually, you're one of the first newbies I've met who didn't give me a 'this guy must be crazy' look when I mentioned rune magic. You've seen magic before?"

"I know of the existence of magic, but yours is not how I expected to be. Magic is more along to lines of Eldrich's power as I understood. But that there would be variations is to be expected. To be perfectly honest, i understand the concept of magic but not the theory as it were." he looked around taking in the bit of Claremont he saw.

"I was wondering, what do you usually do? I assume you were doing other activities before running into me. This is the first time in a long while I have how you put it...time to kill?"

Vicky paused for a moment before answering John's question. "Well, the school has several clubs. We've got a writing group, art club, anime club, gaming group, and I think a fight club but they say the first rule about that last one is you don't talk about it. Sorry, Fight Club jokes are too easy. I can get you a list of what the school has for clubs. Other than the clubs, most of the students with powers here tend to slip out for a patrol somewhere in the area every couple days. There's also the nearby-ish mall, though I think it's still under repair..."

Morgan winced at Vicky's comment regarding the mall and repairs, rubbing his shoulder.

"Don't remind me, I swear I've still got shrapnel stuck in places I didn't even know I had. Fun date, though."

He looked back at John, shrugging expansively in a "meh" sort of manner. He also shot a fond look at Vicky, but it only creased his features for a few seconds before a wry smile crossed his face.

"Let's just say if you decide to go on a date here in FC, make sure you wear body armor. Heh."

"I can get you a list of what the school has for clubs."

"Thank you Miss Victoria. That will be quite helpful. I am hoping to pick up some normal pass-times, but in Mr. Summers phrasing it seemed more like an order." He pondered something for a second. "I also been told to procure any items that I require, since due to the unexpected nature of my being here I brought only the essentials." John continued. "So if you could direct me to a bookseller, electronics shop and a military surplus store, it would be most appreciated."

"Let's just say if you decide to go on a date here in FC, make sure you wear body armor. Heh."

"I was not aware that attempted romantic interludes in this locale required such protection. Thank you for the advice, Mr. Morgan." John answered completely seriously.

"Which room is yours? I can gather up the club list and jot down some suggestions for books and electronics. Army surplus, I'm afraid I don't know so well around here so that one might take some internet research. Or the yellow pages, whichever," she replied.

Vicky slung an arm around Morgan's shoulders and gave him a peck on the cheek before looking back to John, "He's just upset that he didn't stop all the glass and metal bits from the booby trapped door. At least Guy Fawkes got what was coming to him."

"And hey, it was a great night out. We didn't get everywhere I wanted to go but the one place I'm thinking of isn't exactly a first date kind of store...," she added to Morgan, enjoying the look on his face as his mind worked.

When Wisp mentioned Guy Fawkes, Crow grimaced, and mimed several shin-high kicks with his boot. Luckily, this time the teen was prepared for Wisp's follow-up jibe as well, and he responded with a sly wink.

"Good things come to those who wait, Vick. And the best things are always worth waiting for."

Turning back to Myrmidon, he gave a somewhat lopsided smile, obviously quite cheerful.

"Anyway. Bayview Mall's got a lot of good stores, or it will when they get the place fixed up, so...tell you what, lot of the students on the metahuman side of things do a bit of roof-hopping now and then, why don't you tag along with a few of us later this afternoon and we'll see if we can't get you kitted out?"

"Ah. I am in Room 222." John pointed to a window on the second floor. "It was the only one available that did not have a direct line of sight from the door to the window." He noted offhandedly. "However, If I do go outside of the campus grounds one of the rules that I have to abide by for the duration of my stay here is that I make some effort to disguise my appearance. Mr. Summers suggested sunglasses as a civilian, but if you are implying an active reconnoiter...I do not possess a complete uniform for that at the moment.

John stood up and stretched a bit, popping his neck. He turned his attention back to the pair, and gave them an assessing look. "If we are going to be working together in the field, please call me Myrmidon. It was said of me by a subordinate of my father, and I rather like the appellation." Which was true. The cloning project that created him was unofficially codenamed Myrmidon in some SHADOW circles.

Vicky rose, smoothing the wrinkles in her skirt. "A full round of proper introductions will have to be done over wonderfully greasy food sometime with the rest of the gang before the outfitting. That could just be my powers talking again. They kind of leave me pretty much a bottomless pit for food, I mean it is unusual when all you can eat buffet waitresses start crying and pulling on riot gear when you show up, right?" Waiting the standard comedic beat, she continued, "Anyway, we'll spread the word and see who we can drag off to get you a full costume and your bearings on the local scene."