Fly Me to the Moon (OOC)

Barnum

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valkyrie, go ahead and post when you get the chance and then I'll update for both yours and Emissary's attacks.

Velocity and Raindance, the evil clown jack-in-the-boxes hit both of you (one each). Attack vs. Velocity and Raindance (1d20+10=29, 1d20+10=21)

The damage save is DC 25 (a +10 attack).

You both now get to go before the clowns go again, so you can both post. Include the results of your toughness saves in your next post.

To hit the clowns on top of the boxes is Defense 10 (+0). To hit the bobbing and weaving clowns is Defense 18 (+8).

Valkyrie, go ahead and post when you get the chance and then I'll update for both yours and Emissary's attacks.

Velocity and Raindance, the evil clown jack-in-the-boxes hit both of you (one each). Attack vs. Velocity and Raindance (1d20+10=29, 1d20+10=21)

The damage save is DC 25 (a +10 attack).

You both now get to go before the clowns go again, so you can both post. Include the results of your toughness saves in your next post.

To hit the clowns on top of the boxes is Defense 10 (+0). To hit the bobbing and weaving clowns is Defense 18 (+8).

Raindance is going to use Air Control to grapple one of the boxes and slam it into the other.

BAB of 8, + Air Control Rank of 10 = 1d20+18=31

Should the grapple succeed, Raindance plans to hurl one Jack into the other at full force.

I would not normally allow Air Control to perform a grapple-throw. Based on the description in UP, it is essentially Move Object [Extra], but in the interest of time, we'll go with it.

-That's a hit for the Emissary and a miss for Valkyrie.

-Raindance banged the giant boxes together, severely denting them.

-The second wind-up bot (#2) hit Emissary with a disintegration beam: Fort Save, DC 18. Toughness Save, DC 23.

-Both wind-up bots (#3-4) hit Valkyrie with disintegration beams: Fort Save, DC 18. Toughness Save, DC 23.

-Both evil clown toys attacked Raindance, but both missed.

IC post coming right up.

Raindance is going to use Air Control to grapple one of the boxes and slam it into the other.

BAB of 8, + Air Control Rank of 10 = 1d20+18=31

Should the grapple succeed, Raindance plans to hurl one Jack into the other at full force.

I would not normally allow Air Control to perform a grapple-throw. Based on the description in UP, it is essentially Move Object [Extra], but in the interest of time, we'll go with it.

-That's a hit for the Emissary and a miss for Valkyrie.

-Raindance banged the giant boxes together, severely denting them.

-The second wind-up bot (#2) hit Emissary with a disintegration beam: Fort Save, DC 18. Toughness Save, DC 23.

-Both wind-up bots (#3-4) hit Valkyrie with disintegration beams: Fort Save, DC 18. Toughness Save, DC 23.

-Both evil clown toys attacked Raindance, but both missed.

IC post coming right up.

Okay, question for a potential action I'd like to try since Valkyrie is currently in some trouble:

Would it be possible to grab and presuming the strength check goes through (from a full nelson from behind sort of thing), start crushing in a grapple the other robot with me, then extra effort for a surge to turn about and fly forwards to try and ram the robot I'm grappling into one of the ones attacking Val? Basically thus using it as a bludgeon in a way that would damage it as well.

And spending a hero point to remove the fatigue and such.

Okay, question for a potential action I'd like to try since Valkyrie is currently in some trouble:

Would it be possible to grab and presuming the strength check goes through (from a full nelson from behind sort of thing), start crushing in a grapple the other robot with me, then extra effort for a surge to turn about and fly forwards to try and ram the robot I'm grappling into one of the ones attacking Val? Basically thus using it as a bludgeon in a way that would damage it as well.

And spending a hero point to remove the fatigue and such.

I'm going to have to say no to that one. One hero point to turn a single attack into three attacks on a single turn (two against the same target) is just too much . . . even for the already clunky and poorly written grappling rules in MnM.

And technically I think you'd need two move actions and two standard actions to pull that off. 1 move action (with move-by) will get you over to the bot (before the grapple) and then over to the other bot (after the grapple). 1 standard action to grab-grapple-damage. 1 full-round action (standard + move) to grapple and then manipulate the bot into a weapon and attack (just like throw is a full-round action). That might even be two standard actions instead of a full-round action, because it requires another attack roll.