The Last Picture Show [OOC]

All right. As AA hit a 15 on his Attack in the eyes of God and the thread-runner, and the Wrackhand effectively has a Defense of 12 while Stunned (+4 Flat-Footed reduced to +2 by the Stun), that triggers the Autofire on his Staff, upping the Toughness save to DC29.

Let's see how it does... not well at all. And as it's Staggered, and it would be horribly poetic to have Harrier send this thing screaming back to the Doom Coil for what it did, the Wrackhand is outta here! Combat's over... though other problems might soon present themselves.

Gabriel's gonna float to the doors so he can clearly see where all the people outside are. He'll move pretty much right up to the door.

Then, I'll spend a Hero Point to stunt Damage 12 (Extras: Area: Shapeable (12 5-foot cubes). So, the effect starts at him, but moves outward from there, however he wants it to.

Gabriel is basically next to at least one of the possessed people at the doors, so his first 5-foot cube should hit that person. He'll Shape the attack to hit as many of them as he can (up to 12, I guess) without hitting the cops or any other allies.

I'm guessing we'll have 8 left at minimum, so he'll be ready to back Jack up when he rolls out there.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. Reflex DC 22 for half, Toughness 27 Save (or 21 if they make the Reflex).

And now it's time to punch the Terminus radiation in the face. This time, we'll be using something based on AA's Necromancer build, with the following changes:

-Caps and powers are adjusted to reflect PL15 and its new Growth power. Attack is now +9 (+11 Necromancy), Defense is now +11 (+4 Flat-Footed), Toughness is now +15, Fortitude is now +20, Reflex is now +10, and Will is now +13.

-Healing is stripped out of the Necromancy Array in favor of Corrosion 15.

-The Terminus Radiation also gains Growth 12 (Innate, Permanent), Additional Limbs 6, and Immunity (interaction effects) 5.

Just to make it clear, this is the manifestation of the Terminus radiation that's soaking through the entire building. Hence the Growth. So when Jack and Gabriel come back inside, they'll likely see a horrific mass of tenebrous tentacles in the lobby, ready to be shouted at and sword'd.

Roll for Initiative!

The Terminus thing gets 13.

Nick gets 11.

Well, the Taunt won't work, due to the Immunity. The Flurry, however, will. As this thing has a Defense of 21 due to Growth, that's a +6 from Autofire 3. On top of +5 from PA, which brings the Toughness to DC36. The Terminus Radiation makes a 26, leaving it Stunned and Staggered.

Jack of All Blades: 26, Unharmed, 6 HP

Wander: 25, Unharmed, 7 HP

Harrier: 14, Unharmed, 3 HP

Terminus Radiation: 13, Bruised x1, Stunned (Jack's Action), Staggered, 0 HP

Nick Cimitiere: 11, Unharmed, 2 HP

Gabriel: 10, Unharmed, 5 HP

Wander is up next.

Erin is going to do what she always does when faced with unspeakable monstrosities, distract it and then smash it as hard as she possibly can!

Fast Acrobatic Bluff as the move action, with skill mastery, DC 28.

All-out power attack with bat, drops defense to +10, keeps attack at +15. 1d20+15=32.

Depending on what that thing's defense is after the bluff, that may invoke some autofire damage as well, added onto DC 35 toughness.

Well, it just fails to see through the cunning ruse, which means it's down to Flat-Footed again. But it was Stunned, so it already had a hideously low Defense. Let's see... it has an effective Defense of 12, meaning Wander takes the full +10 from Autofire. +5 for Power Attack, and that's a DC45 Toughness.

Yeah, normally this thing would be hideously pasted by now. Luckily, there's Fiat. Wander gets back an HP as this thing takes 2 Bruises instead of dying entirely.

Wander: 25, Unharmed, 8 HP

Terminus Radiation: 13, Bruised x3, Stunned (Jack's Action), Staggered, 0 HP

Harrier is up next.

All right. I originally assigned a Weak Point Drawback to the creature based on the roll, but as that's weaksauce given Harrier's roll, I'll say Harrier gets a +2 to the Save DC of his attack. Which, with the +1 from Autofire, brings it to DC36.

It makes a DC30, Bruising it and refreshing its Stun.

Wander: 25, Unharmed, 8 HP

Terminus Radiation: 13, Bruised x4, Stunned (Harrier's Action), Staggered, 0 HP

But not for long! It's the radiation's turn, it's shaking off its Stun via Fiat, and it is really not happy that Nick made it corporeal. It rounds on the necromancer and unleashes its Will-save Blast. So while everyone takes a Hero Point, Nick must make a DC30 Will save.

20. So Nick's Stunned and Staggered.

Jack of All Blades: 26, Unharmed, 7 HP

Wander: 25, Unharmed, 9 HP

Harrier: 14, Unharmed, 4 HP

Terminus Radiation: 13, Bruised x4, Staggered, 0 HP

Nick Cimitiere: 11, Bruised x1, Stunned (Radiation's Action), Staggered, 3 HP

Gabriel: 10, Unharmed, 6 HP

But now it's Nick's turn, and he's spending an HP to burn off the Stun. As this thing is damn close to him, he's going to manifest Ereshkigal's Talons and let 'er rip.

That is, except for the part where having his soul flensed makes accuracy a bitch.

Jack of All Blades: 26, Unharmed, 7 HP

Wander: 25, Unharmed, 9 HP

Harrier: 14, Unharmed, 4 HP

Terminus Radiation: 13, Bruised x4, Staggered, 0 HP

Nick Cimitiere: 11, Bruised x1, Staggered, 2 HP

Gabriel: 10, Unharmed, 6 HP

Gabriel is up next.

Okay, so...Hm. I think Gabriel will switch to his regular Blast.

Ranged Attack: 15. Not sure if this hits in its current condition. If it doesn't, HP reroll.

14 becomes 24 with the HP add-in.

If 15 would hit, ignore the re-roll, and credit me that HP back, if you please.

DC 27 Toughness Save.

I'm going to use Extra Effort, and do another attack.

Ranged Attack 17. I'm thinking with it not stunned, and with no bluffs or anything from me, that doesn't hit. So, HP reroll.

21, plus the 10 from the HP, means a 31 should hit. So, up to 2 HP burned right now, with a third next round. Still.

That'll be another DC 27 Toughness Save.