Fly Me to the Moon

Barnum

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daedalus was standing behind his workbench. Several large monitors on the wall behind him were rapidly flashing satellite images of what looked to be the western United States.

"Thank you all for coming so quickly." Daedalus sounded almost amused as he looked over at Velocity. Then, with his usual seriousness, he gestured with his hand, indicating that he wanted her to go stand with the other on the other side of the bench. "This morning I made a breakthrough in our case. I have managed to back-trace the teleport signal. It is a duplex pattern. There are actually two signals. One supplies the coordinate data: location, time, synchronization. The other signal supplies the actual material for the matter-energy conversion. It's a brilliant matrix actually."

Daedalus stepped to the side of the bench and turned to face the screens. "Once I cracked the signal, tracing it was easy. Tracing them was easy. The material signal was easy." The large screen on the left began zooming in on the state of Arizona. "San Miguel, an abandoned military base. The robots are definitely being transported from there." The large screen on the right began displaying a computer generated model of the earth. The "camera view" began pulling back until it showed a small digital "x" high in orbit around the Earth. "The controlling data signal is coming from there. I've scanned that area extensively and there appears to be nothing there, but I'm confident that something is there, but it is cloaked against our scans. Two of you need to head out to Arizona to investigate the military base, and two of you need to head up there, into space. If Hybrid doesn't show up, Lady Liberty will join you on the mission? Any questions?"

Daedalus was standing behind his workbench. Several large monitors on the wall behind him were rapidly flashing satellite images of what looked to be the western United States.

"Thank you all for coming so quickly." Daedalus sounded almost amused as he looked over at Velocity. Then, with his usual seriousness, he gestured with his hand, indicating that he wanted her to go stand with the other on the other side of the bench. "This morning I made a breakthrough in our case. I have managed to back-trace the teleport signal. It is a duplex pattern. There are actually two signals. One supplies the coordinate data: location, time, synchronization. The other signal supplies the actual material for the matter-energy conversion. It's a brilliant matrix actually."

Daedalus stepped to the side of the bench and turned to face the screens. "Once I cracked the signal, tracing it was easy. Tracing them was easy. The material signal was easy." The large screen on the left began zooming in on the state of Arizona. "San Miguel, an abandoned military base. The robots are definitely being transported from there." The large screen on the right began displaying a computer generated model of the earth. The "camera view" began pulling back until it showed a small digital "x" high in orbit around the Earth. "The controlling data signal is coming from there. I've scanned that area extensively and there appears to be nothing there, but I'm confident that something is there, but it is cloaked against our scans. Two of you need to head out to Arizona to investigate the military base, and two of you need to head up there, into space. If Hybrid doesn't show up, Lady Liberty will join you on the mission? Any questions?"

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose flew toward Freedom Hall. Her mind going over the same things it had since she left home. That in itself was an interesting experience: her sister, Cadence, sitting in the living room, watching television. Rose preparing in the bathroom. There was nothing for her to do as far as getting changed - she always looked like Valkyrie - but there seemed to be a lot to do in regards to how she was going to act. Rose stared at her reflection in the mirror, "Hi, I'm Valkyrie. Nice to meet you." No, a little stronger, "Valkyrie's the name, I'm here to fight evil!" Eeeargh! She put her hands over her face and took a few deep, unnecessary breaths. Ok, c'mon Rose - you've studied these guys your entire life! You can handle this. Superheroing had been a lot more complicated than Rose had imagined, however. In the few months since she took to the skies and streets of Freedom City, things had been a little up and down. She was enjoying it, sure, and she thought that she was doing good. But she needed direction. With that, she poked her head into the loungeroom, "See you Cadence, I'll be back later on. I'm going to talk to the Freedom League." Before Cadence had a chance to respond, Rose had permeated through the floor and was making her way away from the house in a random direction. After a few minutes, she left the Earth and took to the sky, making a B-line for Freedom Hall.

"Hi, I'm Valkyrie. I'm here to talk to someone from the Freedom League." Rose stared at the receptionist who had just introduced herself as Cynthia, who spoke sheerfully, "I'm sorry, we can't just let everyone see the Freedom League who comes in here in a costume." Rose knew that was going to be the answer, "I appreciate that, but I think they'll want to see me." Cynthia retained her chirpy demeanor, "Ok, well, how's this? Fill out this form and we'll see where we can go from there. Ok?" Rose took the form and walked to the sitting area. When Cythia said 'form', she really meant large stack of papers. Rose began pouring over them when she was stopped, "Hi. You're Valkyrie. It's good to meet you..." Rose saw the boots first, before panning up the well formed body before settling on the smiling face, "...I'm Lady Liberty."

llsmall.jpg

Rose stopped filling out the form, and placed it on the chair next to her beofre standing, "I know. I mean, it's nice to meet you too." The two shake hands. Lady Liberty speaks with an easy confidence, "So, what brings you to Freedom Hall?" Rose is suddenly embarrased; she glances down at the form but doesn't want to draw attention to it, "I'm sorry, but how do you know who I am?" Lady Libery smiles, "Are you kidding? We'd hardly be any kind of Superhero team if we didn't keep tabs on the Super powered residents of Freedom City. We've watched you quite a bit, Valkyrie." Rose is lost for words. She doesn't know whether to be flattered by the attention, or devastated that she hadn't performed better. Lady Liberty must have seen her discomfort, "Don't worry, we've said good things. As a matter of fact..." Lady Liberty suddenly gets a thoughtful look about her, "What are you doing now?"

Rose barely had time to gulp before Lady Liberty began ushering her through Freedom Hall. "Now, close your eyes." Rose obeys and Lady Liberty laughs, "Only kidding. But seriously, we know where you live." Rose is momentarily terrified, and Lady Liberty's playful face doesn't really calm her at all. It isn't long before Rose is being shown into a room. There are a few others there, and Rose recognises a couple of them - Emissary, Velocity and, of course, Daedalus. She thinks she may have seen the other boy sometime, but she's been too busy of late to remember properly. Rose nods to each of them, saying "Hello." in turn. Lady Liberty speak to Daedalus, "I think we've found our ringer." Before Rose has a chance to ask what a 'ringer' is, Lady Liberty is gone and she's standing in the room, not realy know why she's there.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose flew toward Freedom Hall. Her mind going over the same things it had since she left home. That in itself was an interesting experience: her sister, Cadence, sitting in the living room, watching television. Rose preparing in the bathroom. There was nothing for her to do as far as getting changed - she always looked like Valkyrie - but there seemed to be a lot to do in regards to how she was going to act. Rose stared at her reflection in the mirror, "Hi, I'm Valkyrie. Nice to meet you." No, a little stronger, "Valkyrie's the name, I'm here to fight evil!" Eeeargh! She put her hands over her face and took a few deep, unnecessary breaths. Ok, c'mon Rose - you've studied these guys your entire life! You can handle this. Superheroing had been a lot more complicated than Rose had imagined, however. In the few months since she took to the skies and streets of Freedom City, things had been a little up and down. She was enjoying it, sure, and she thought that she was doing good. But she needed direction. With that, she poked her head into the loungeroom, "See you Cadence, I'll be back later on. I'm going to talk to the Freedom League." Before Cadence had a chance to respond, Rose had permeated through the floor and was making her way away from the house in a random direction. After a few minutes, she left the Earth and took to the sky, making a B-line for Freedom Hall.

"Hi, I'm Valkyrie. I'm here to talk to someone from the Freedom League." Rose stared at the receptionist who had just introduced herself as Cynthia, who spoke sheerfully, "I'm sorry, we can't just let everyone see the Freedom League who comes in here in a costume." Rose knew that was going to be the answer, "I appreciate that, but I think they'll want to see me." Cynthia retained her chirpy demeanor, "Ok, well, how's this? Fill out this form and we'll see where we can go from there. Ok?" Rose took the form and walked to the sitting area. When Cythia said 'form', she really meant large stack of papers. Rose began pouring over them when she was stopped, "Hi. You're Valkyrie. It's good to meet you..." Rose saw the boots first, before panning up the well formed body before settling on the smiling face, "...I'm Lady Liberty."

llsmall.jpg

Rose stopped filling out the form, and placed it on the chair next to her beofre standing, "I know. I mean, it's nice to meet you too." The two shake hands. Lady Liberty speaks with an easy confidence, "So, what brings you to Freedom Hall?" Rose is suddenly embarrased; she glances down at the form but doesn't want to draw attention to it, "I'm sorry, but how do you know who I am?" Lady Libery smiles, "Are you kidding? We'd hardly be any kind of Superhero team if we didn't keep tabs on the Super powered residents of Freedom City. We've watched you quite a bit, Valkyrie." Rose is lost for words. She doesn't know whether to be flattered by the attention, or devastated that she hadn't performed better. Lady Liberty must have seen her discomfort, "Don't worry, we've said good things. As a matter of fact..." Lady Liberty suddenly gets a thoughtful look about her, "What are you doing now?"

Rose barely had time to gulp before Lady Liberty began ushering her through Freedom Hall. "Now, close your eyes." Rose obeys and Lady Liberty laughs, "Only kidding. But seriously, we know where you live." Rose is momentarily terrified, and Lady Liberty's playful face doesn't really calm her at all. It isn't long before Rose is being shown into a room. There are a few others there, and Rose recognises a couple of them - Emissary, Velocity and, of course, Daedalus. She thinks she may have seen the other boy sometime, but she's been too busy of late to remember properly. Rose nods to each of them, saying "Hello." in turn. Lady Liberty speak to Daedalus, "I think we've found our ringer." Before Rose has a chance to ask what a 'ringer' is, Lady Liberty is gone and she's standing in the room, not realy know why she's there.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

llsmall.jpg

"The controlling data signal is coming from there. I've scanned that area extensively and there appears to be nothing there, but I'm confident that something is there, but it is cloaked against our scans. Two of you need to head out to Arizona to investigate the military base, and two of you need to head up there, into space. If Hybrid doesn't show up, Lady Liberty will join you on the mission? Any questions?"

"None off hand, I would assume the nature of your discoveries, and the possiblity that only one location being investigated at a time might allow for warning sent to the other, preclude taking on each as a group. I would say then.. those heading into space, should probably be suited for the potential of exposure to it, and the location itself, being airless."

He waves with a smile to Valkyrie when she comes in.

"The controlling data signal is coming from there. I've scanned that area extensively and there appears to be nothing there, but I'm confident that something is there, but it is cloaked against our scans. Two of you need to head out to Arizona to investigate the military base, and two of you need to head up there, into space. If Hybrid doesn't show up, Lady Liberty will join you on the mission? Any questions?"

"None off hand, I would assume the nature of your discoveries, and the possiblity that only one location being investigated at a time might allow for warning sent to the other, preclude taking on each as a group. I would say then.. those heading into space, should probably be suited for the potential of exposure to it, and the location itself, being airless."

“Space?†Velocity asked. “Not sure what use I would be in space. Not too many places to run, unless we are on some space station or something.â€Â

When Valkyrie came in with Lady Liberty, the teen speedster gave the other heroine a smile. “Hey Val, good to see you again.â€Â

“Space?†Velocity asked. “Not sure what use I would be in space. Not too many places to run, unless we are on some space station or something.â€Â

When Valkyrie came in with Lady Liberty, the teen speedster gave the other heroine a smile. “Hey Val, good to see you again.â€Â