Fly Me to the Moon

Barnum

After dodging some flying pieces of robot, Velocity looked back over at Raindance as he asked if she was alright. “I’ll probably have a nasty bruise tomorrow.†She replied. “But I should be okay.â€Â

She looked back at the ruined jack-in-the-boxes. “We should probably look around a bit more, but so far it does not seem that these are being stored here.â€Â

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After dodging some flying pieces of robot, Velocity looked back over at Raindance as he asked if she was alright. “I’ll probably have a nasty bruise tomorrow.†She replied. “But I should be okay.â€Â

She looked back at the ruined jack-in-the-boxes. “We should probably look around a bit more, but so far it does not seem that these are being stored here.â€Â

Valkyrie-2.jpg

Rose felt rather happy when she contacted the robot - even though she didn't seem to do much damage. Seeing the Emissary belt it to pieces, however, was very satisfying. It could be said she got too caught up watching the pieces of the robot float silently through space - it was actually rather beautiful - but it distracted her from the task at hand, and she felt another beam of energy hit her from the side. She screamed in shock and pain, and for a moment, everything went black. Woah - that's never happened before.

Valkyrie-2.jpg

Rose felt rather happy when she contacted the robot - even though she didn't seem to do much damage. Seeing the Emissary belt it to pieces, however, was very satisfying. It could be said she got too caught up watching the pieces of the robot float silently through space - it was actually rather beautiful - but it distracted her from the task at hand, and she felt another beam of energy hit her from the side. She screamed in shock and pain, and for a moment, everything went black. Woah - that's never happened before.

The smashed evil toys didn't glow red and disappear like the other mechanical menaces they had faced. They just sat there, strewn across the hanger like so much wreckage.

The Emissary gave the last wind-up bot after him another good pounding. The bot tried to dodge his haymaker, but only managed to make its head more of a target. The Emissary's punch quite literally took its head clean off and sent it flying off into space, trailing smoke behind it.

With Valkyrie stunned and adrift, the two robots that had been attacking her turned their attention to the Emissary. Both of them jetted straight at him, and once they had closed some of the distance, they both fired their arm canons. One of the disintegration beams struck him dead-on in the chest.

The smashed evil toys didn't glow red and disappear like the other mechanical menaces they had faced. They just sat there, strewn across the hanger like so much wreckage.

The Emissary gave the last wind-up bot after him another good pounding. The bot tried to dodge his haymaker, but only managed to make its head more of a target. The Emissary's punch quite literally took its head clean off and sent it flying off into space, trailing smoke behind it.

With Valkyrie stunned and adrift, the two robots that had been attacking her turned their attention to the Emissary. Both of them jetted straight at him, and once they had closed some of the distance, they both fired their arm canons. One of the disintegration beams struck him dead-on in the chest.

Whether it was a slow and cumulative effect of the many blasts he had been assailed with that finally saw payoff, or that the force of his last assault pulled him off balance and right into the full force of one of the beams lancing into him, the Emissary was finally sent reeling amidst the field of debris forming around him, clutching at his head for a moment as he tried to regain focus.

Whether it was a slow and cumulative effect of the many blasts he had been assailed with that finally saw payoff, or that the force of his last assault pulled him off balance and right into the full force of one of the beams lancing into him, the Emissary was finally sent reeling amidst the field of debris forming around him, clutching at his head for a moment as he tried to regain focus.

Valkyrie-2.jpg

Seeing the silver sentinel take a solid hit was not a comforting sight. That's not good. Rose had to get these things dead, and fast! She was really hurting. Whenever she got banged up, she felt as if she had a headache thoughout her entire body. This was about as bad as it had ever gotten. She could think about that, however. She needed to get in there. It's not fancy, but I don't have much else. She charges toward the 'toys' attempting to push through the pain, but she can't help but feel it. She holds her side and swings her fist - unfortunately she still hasn't managed to acclimatise to space at all. She misjudges her weightlessness and her swing goes wide. She cries out in frustration. This isn't working, we have to get out of here!

Valkyrie-2.jpg

Seeing the silver sentinel take a solid hit was not a comforting sight. That's not good. Rose had to get these things dead, and fast! She was really hurting. Whenever she got banged up, she felt as if she had a headache thoughout her entire body. This was about as bad as it had ever gotten. She could think about that, however. She needed to get in there. It's not fancy, but I don't have much else. She charges toward the 'toys' attempting to push through the pain, but she can't help but feel it. She holds her side and swings her fist - unfortunately she still hasn't managed to acclimatise to space at all. She misjudges her weightlessness and her swing goes wide. She cries out in frustration. This isn't working, we have to get out of here!

Valkyrie succeeded in turning the attention of the bots from the Emissary back to her. She swung at one of them but missed. Both of the bots, now perceiving her as the biggest thread, fire their thrusters, spun around in place and turned their disintegration beams on her, but Valkyrie was too quick. She narrowly dodged their death rays.

The warehouse was completely abandoned, and a thick layer of dust and sand covered everything (except the newly created debris field). Around the walls were large metal shelves filled with all of the kinds of things you might find in a airplane hangar. It all looked quite old, harmless, and undisturbed for a long time. There was certainly nothing there that could be used to build giant teleporting robots.

Valkyrie succeeded in turning the attention of the bots from the Emissary back to her. She swung at one of them but missed. Both of the bots, now perceiving her as the biggest thread, fire their thrusters, spun around in place and turned their disintegration beams on her, but Valkyrie was too quick. She narrowly dodged their death rays.

The warehouse was completely abandoned, and a thick layer of dust and sand covered everything (except the newly created debris field). Around the walls were large metal shelves filled with all of the kinds of things you might find in a airplane hangar. It all looked quite old, harmless, and undisturbed for a long time. There was certainly nothing there that could be used to build giant teleporting robots.

Valkyrie's effort to engage the robots bought Emissary the time he needed to recover, his thoughts and vision clearing and his gaze focusing back on the machines, eyes narrowing in concentration as he rocketed back to the fight, beginning to spiral his approach just to add every bit more of momentum he could to his fists, seeking to corkscrew through and smash apart their remaining foes before they could level another barrage.

"We're almost through them! Lend your strength to mine just a while longer!"

He hoped the commlinks they had helped Valkyrie hear his words, keeping to them a firm and unshaking resolve he hoped besides would bolster her flagging confidence some.

Valkyrie's effort to engage the robots bought Emissary the time he needed to recover, his thoughts and vision clearing and his gaze focusing back on the machines, eyes narrowing in concentration as he rocketed back to the fight, beginning to spiral his approach just to add every bit more of momentum he could to his fists, seeking to corkscrew through and smash apart their remaining foes before they could level another barrage.

"We're almost through them! Lend your strength to mine just a while longer!"

He hoped the commlinks they had helped Valkyrie hear his words, keeping to them a firm and unshaking resolve he hoped besides would bolster her flagging confidence some.

It was only a moment after Raindance had sent his message when Velocity was back near him. “No, there isn’t much here.†She said. “Maybe we should look in the other warehouses?â€Â

It was only a moment after Raindance had sent his message when Velocity was back near him. “No, there isn’t much here.†She said. “Maybe we should look in the other warehouses?â€Â

Valkyrie-2.jpg

Rose was prepared to run and run fast, but seeing the Emissary in action renewed her hope, we can take these tin cans! She opted for the usual swing to hit. Surely I have to damage them sometime? Unfortunately, in this instance, she was quite wrong. She shifted her weight incorrectly, sending her body spinning on a horizontal axis.

Valkyrie-2.jpg

Rose was prepared to run and run fast, but seeing the Emissary in action renewed her hope, we can take these tin cans! She opted for the usual swing to hit. Surely I have to damage them sometime? Unfortunately, in this instance, she was quite wrong. She shifted her weight incorrectly, sending her body spinning on a horizontal axis.

The Emissary seriously crunched the nearest bot, nearly breaking it in half. It's top half, howeverâ€â€the half with the gunâ€â€remained intact well enough. The bot that was dueling with Valkyrie managed to dodge her punch and return the favor by hitting her with another disintegration blast.

While the fight raged on, they heroes heard a message come over the comm:

"Raindance here, anyone receiving me? Apart from a few presents left for us, I don't think there's much of a lead here. Over."

The Emissary seriously crunched the nearest bot, nearly breaking it in half. It's top half, howeverâ€â€the half with the gunâ€â€remained intact well enough. The bot that was dueling with Valkyrie managed to dodge her punch and return the favor by hitting her with another disintegration blast.

While the fight raged on, they heroes heard a message come over the comm:

"Raindance here, anyone receiving me? Apart from a few presents left for us, I don't think there's much of a lead here. Over."

The Emissary reached out to grab for his half smashed opponent, spinning his body around then to hurl the machine like a discus towards his remaining companion, spinning... spinning... focusing... and then-

His communicator flares to life, and he lets go far too early from the distraction, sending the robot hurtling out into the void.

"We're extremely occupied at the moment!"

Is the sum of his response to Raindance.