Fly Me to the Moon

Barnum

Rose gripped her seatbelt - she wondered briefly why she was even wearing it, as if this thing crashed, it wasn't going to help at all, and she wouldn't exactly take damage from a bit of turbulance. She took it off and stood, "Good luck, guys! Be safe." She's not being patronising, she's sincere.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rose gripped her seatbelt - she wondered briefly why she was even wearing it, as if this thing crashed, it wasn't going to help at all, and she wouldn't exactly take damage from a bit of turbulance. She took it off and stood, "Good luck, guys! Be safe." She's not being patronising, she's sincere.

Velocity waited until the initial rush of air out of the plane had ended and the interior had pressurized before taking off her seat belt and moving over near the exit. Looking over at Raindance, she gave him a smile. “Okay, ready to go.â€Â

She then looked back at Valkyrie and Emissary as Val wished them luck. Giving the other girl a thumbs up, Velocity smiled. “Thanks. Good luck to you guys as well. We’ll be in touch.â€Â

Velocity waited until the initial rush of air out of the plane had ended and the interior had pressurized before taking off her seat belt and moving over near the exit. Looking over at Raindance, she gave him a smile. “Okay, ready to go.â€Â

She then looked back at Valkyrie and Emissary as Val wished them luck. Giving the other girl a thumbs up, Velocity smiled. “Thanks. Good luck to you guys as well. We’ll be in touch.â€Â

He moved towards the door with Velocity, then tenatively put his hand around her waist from behind her.

"I'm, uh... not hurting you, am I?"

He also gave a thumbs-up to the others in the team when the doors opened, apparently completely unfazed by the rush of air directly into his face as the wind began to bear the two of them aloft.

He moved towards the door with Velocity, then tenatively put his hand around her waist from behind her.

He also gave a thumbs-up to the others in the team when the doors opened, apparently completely unfazed by the rush of air directly into his face as the wind began to bear the two of them aloft.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose watched the pair descend as the jet began to pull away and make for their own, outer space adventure. 'I hope they're ok.' She sighed internally and turned back to the inside of the jet as the door came to a close. She spoke so Emissary could hear, "So, just us flyers, huh?" She looked around the jet, her eyes landing on the space suits, "You know what, it's better to be safe than sorry." With that, she went over to wear they were hung and began putting one on, fiddling with all the tiny bits and working out which part went on first. When she's just about finished she talks to Emissary again, "You sure you don't want one? From what I hear, it get's awfully cold in space." Rose's tone is playful, she's trying to relieve the nerves she feels about not stuffing up, and she's doing an ok job. Perhaps it is because of Emissary, he had a way of instilling confidence in someone.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose watched the pair descend as the jet began to pull away and make for their own, outer space adventure. 'I hope they're ok.' She sighed internally and turned back to the inside of the jet as the door came to a close. She spoke so Emissary could hear, "So, just us flyers, huh?" She looked around the jet, her eyes landing on the space suits, "You know what, it's better to be safe than sorry." With that, she went over to wear they were hung and began putting one on, fiddling with all the tiny bits and working out which part went on first. When she's just about finished she talks to Emissary again, "You sure you don't want one? From what I hear, it get's awfully cold in space." Rose's tone is playful, she's trying to relieve the nerves she feels about not stuffing up, and she's doing an ok job. Perhaps it is because of Emissary, he had a way of instilling confidence in someone.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Once they cleared the jet wash and turbulence left in the jet's wake, the ride toward the ground was a smooth one. Raindance and Velocity could see the long runways stretching out across the desert and the four large hangers that kept watch over them. From their current altitude, the whole base looked abandoned. Nothing seemed out of place, and there was no sign of life . . . or movement of any kind.

Keeping a safe distance from the abandoned base and whatever secrets it held, the Emissary and Valkyrie blasted off for orbit, following the flight plan Daedalus has sent them. At a full burn, it looked like the journey would take about 15 minutes.

Once they cleared the jet wash and turbulence left in the jet's wake, the ride toward the ground was a smooth one. Raindance and Velocity could see the long runways stretching out across the desert and the four large hangers that kept watch over them. From their current altitude, the whole base looked abandoned. Nothing seemed out of place, and there was no sign of life . . . or movement of any kind.

Keeping a safe distance from the abandoned base and whatever secrets it held, the Emissary and Valkyrie blasted off for orbit, following the flight plan Daedalus has sent them. At a full burn, it looked like the journey would take about 15 minutes.

"Planet earth is blue, and there's nothing I can do.."

A quiet little singsong tone as they continue to fly out of the atmosphere, looking over to Rose as she speaks.

"Hrm. The lyrics of that song are actually rather gloomy, and yet, there it is, stuck in my head. Odd."

He looks back to the controls, and allows for a moment to indulge in looking out the cockpit as the jet clears into orbit, a sense of wonder in his gaze as he takes in the Earth below.

"Oh.. how can anyone not want to protect such beauty.."

A quiet little singsong tone as they continue to fly out of the atmosphere, looking over to Rose as she speaks.

"Hrm. The lyrics of that song are actually rather gloomy, and yet, there it is, stuck in my head. Odd."

He looks back to the controls, and allows for a moment to indulge in looking out the cockpit as the jet clears into orbit, a sense of wonder in his gaze as he takes in the Earth below.

Velocity looked down at the ground below them and the abandoned, or supposedly abandoned, base. “How about we start over at the hanger at the end of the runways?†She said, pointing towards that one. “Once I’m on the ground, I can start searching quickly.â€Â

Velocity looked down at the ground below them and the abandoned, or supposedly abandoned, base. “How about we start over at the hanger at the end of the runways?†She said, pointing towards that one. “Once I’m on the ground, I can start searching quickly.â€Â