Fly Me to the Moon

Barnum

Several weeks passed Freedom City saw no more of the mechanical monsters. Neither did the crew of heroes hear from Daedalus. He was presumably looked away in his lab, trying to crack the mystery of the teleporting technology. Christmas came and went and the new year was fast approaching. Everything seemed normal . . . well, normal for Freedom City. Then on December 30th the heroes got the call on their Freedom League communicators. It was Daedalus.

"Heroes. The League needs your help once again. Report to Freedom Hall as soon as possible."

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several weeks passed Freedom City saw no more of the mechanical monsters. Neither did the crew of heroes hear from Daedalus. He was presumably looked away in his lab, trying to crack the mystery of the teleporting technology. Christmas came and went and the new year was fast approaching. Everything seemed normal . . . well, normal for Freedom City. Then on December 30th the heroes got the call on their Freedom League communicators. It was Daedalus.

"Heroes. The League needs your help once again. Report to Freedom Hall as soon as possible."

Raindance frowned a little, rolling over on his bed to look at the communicator on his dresser. He'd been thinking about his new life as a hero, and while it was undoubtedly exciting, it left him with a great deal of responsibility and precious little time he could guarantee would be free.

He looked at the communicator. First Captain Thunder asks him to make sure the weather stays good for New Year's, now this. He pulled on the jacket of his costume and made his way to the attic window.

"Mom, going to Freedom Hall. Be back soon!"

With that, he opened the window and took flight with a breeze of air left to stir the dust on the floor behind him.

Raindance frowned a little, rolling over on his bed to look at the communicator on his dresser. He'd been thinking about his new life as a hero, and while it was undoubtedly exciting, it left him with a great deal of responsibility and precious little time he could guarantee would be free.

He looked at the communicator. First Captain Thunder asks him to make sure the weather stays good for New Year's, now this. He pulled on the jacket of his costume and made his way to the attic window.

With that, he opened the window and took flight with a breeze of air left to stir the dust on the floor behind him.

The Emissary had been working his way through a treatise on the history of Luxembourg, as, for reasons he found inexplicable, delegates from that land apparently wanted to meet with him. He found that his main problem was having to stifle repeated impulses to state "Your land is so adorably tiny! Surely there must be some Lilliputians within it!" every time he worked out the meeting in his head. Also he was sad that so far, there apparently were no such thing as Lilliputians outside of fiction.

The communication from Daedelus was almost a relief that way, and soon enough he was flying through the skies towards Freedom Hall.

The Emissary had been working his way through a treatise on the history of Luxembourg, as, for reasons he found inexplicable, delegates from that land apparently wanted to meet with him. He found that his main problem was having to stifle repeated impulses to state "Your land is so adorably tiny! Surely there must be some Lilliputians within it!" every time he worked out the meeting in his head. Also he was sad that so far, there apparently were no such thing as Lilliputians outside of fiction.

The communication from Daedelus was almost a relief that way, and soon enough he was flying through the skies towards Freedom Hall.

Megan Howell was sitting in her room chatting with one of her friends on the phone. She was still on break, so she had little to do for a change. Suddenly she heard the communicator the Freedom League had given her activate and Daedalus’ voice.

“What was that?†Janet asked, having faintly heard something through the phone.

“Just a second.†Megan said, standing up and moving towards her door. “What mom?†The blonde teen called out into the hallway, knowing full well there would be no answer as her parents were out at a charity dinner she had not been able to attend with them.

“Dang it, I gotta go Janet, my mom needs my help with something. Talk to you later.â€Â

Megan then hung up and in a flash was in her Velocity costume. Snatching up the communicator, she was off and out of the house, accelerating as she got into the street. Next stop. Freedom Hall.

Megan Howell was sitting in her room chatting with one of her friends on the phone. She was still on break, so she had little to do for a change. Suddenly she heard the communicator the Freedom League had given her activate and Daedalus’ voice.

“Just a second.†Megan said, standing up and moving towards her door. “What mom?†The blonde teen called out into the hallway, knowing full well there would be no answer as her parents were out at a charity dinner she had not been able to attend with them.

“Dang it, I gotta go Janet, my mom needs my help with something. Talk to you later.â€Â

Megan then hung up and in a flash was in her Velocity costume. Snatching up the communicator, she was off and out of the house, accelerating as she got into the street. Next stop. Freedom Hall.

llsmall.jpg

The doors to Freedom Hall opened for the arriving heroes. Lady Liberty waiting for them in lobby.

"Hello! It's good to see you again." She took the time to shake everyone's hand. "'Thank you for helping us again. We've had quite a bit of trouble this week and the League is stretched pretty thin. It's nice to know that the world has heroes like you to protect it. I can . . ." Lady Liberty paused and looked puzzled. "Daedalus said there were four of you? Are we missing someone? Daedalus is finishing up an experiment, and he'll be ready for you shortly. We don't have much time. Is your fourth team member on the way?"

llsmall.jpg

The doors to Freedom Hall opened for the arriving heroes. Lady Liberty waiting for them in lobby.

"Hello! It's good to see you again." She took the time to shake everyone's hand. "'Thank you for helping us again. We've had quite a bit of trouble this week and the League is stretched pretty thin. It's nice to know that the world has heroes like you to protect it. I can . . ." Lady Liberty paused and looked puzzled. "Daedalus said there were four of you? Are we missing someone? Daedalus is finishing up an experiment, and he'll be ready for you shortly. We don't have much time. Is your fourth team member on the way?"

llsmall.jpg

Velocity took a quick glance around at the others gathered in the lobby. “Hmm, big silver dude. Check. Cute weather guy. Check. Red…†She stopped and looked back at Lady Liberty. “We seem to be missing Hybrid.†The speedster said with a shrug.

Velocity took a quick glance around at the others gathered in the lobby. “Hmm, big silver dude. Check. Cute weather guy. Check. Red…†She stopped and looked back at Lady Liberty. “We seem to be missing Hybrid.†The speedster said with a shrug.

llsmall.jpg

Lady Liberty didn't like that news at all. "I was already worried that four wouldn't be enough hands for this mission. I'll see who else is available. Wait here for Daedalus." Lady Liberty hurried off to round up another superhero.

After just a few minutes Daedalus' voice came over the intercom. "Heroes, come to the lab right away." They had been in the Hall enough times to remember the way.

llsmall.jpg

Lady Liberty didn't like that news at all. "I was already worried that four wouldn't be enough hands for this mission. I'll see who else is available. Wait here for Daedalus." Lady Liberty hurried off to round up another superhero.

After just a few minutes Daedalus' voice came over the intercom. "Heroes, come to the lab right away." They had been in the Hall enough times to remember the way.

llsmall.jpg