Fly Me to the Moon

Barnum

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose followed behind the others, her shining armour reflecting the lights lining the hallways. When Lady Liberty began to float up to the platform, Rose walked toward the jet. She was a little unsure of herself, but she had strong confidence in the people around her. She brushed away some of the hair in her eyes - blonde - Rose had never dyed her brunette hair in her life, and now here she was, a platinum blonde. She entered the jet and looked around, noting the space suits and then strapping herself into the chair across the isle from Velocity and smiled. Rose breathed deep, trying to centre herself.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose followed behind the others, her shining armour reflecting the lights lining the hallways. When Lady Liberty began to float up to the platform, Rose walked toward the jet. She was a little unsure of herself, but she had strong confidence in the people around her. She brushed away some of the hair in her eyes - blonde - Rose had never dyed her brunette hair in her life, and now here she was, a platinum blonde. She entered the jet and looked around, noting the space suits and then strapping herself into the chair across the isle from Velocity and smiled. Rose breathed deep, trying to centre herself.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Emissary moved to sit in the cockpit, looking as though he settled back into the pilots chair, though if anyone was checking out his lap for some unholy reason, he was actually hovering just a tiny bit above it.

He began to check over the instrumentation, seeming to have some familiarity with it as he pressed a few buttons and flicked a few switches with a nod to himself.

"If everyone has fastened themselves in?"

Seeing that they have, and after confirming his flight ready state to Lady Liberty, the hangar bay doors open, and the jet takes off for the skies with a whoosh as Emissary maintains a hold of the controls.

"Actually, this is not completely dissimilar to the simulators and scoutcraft I have studied. Daedelus' technological acumen is quite impressive."

He pauses.

"Though it seems customary to offer salted peanuts and some sort of in flight cinema, as I understand it. I will recommend such an upgrade to him when we return."

He angles at that towards the landing site that had been picked out for Arizona.

Emissary moved to sit in the cockpit, looking as though he settled back into the pilots chair, though if anyone was checking out his lap for some unholy reason, he was actually hovering just a tiny bit above it.

He began to check over the instrumentation, seeming to have some familiarity with it as he pressed a few buttons and flicked a few switches with a nod to himself.

Seeing that they have, and after confirming his flight ready state to Lady Liberty, the hangar bay doors open, and the jet takes off for the skies with a whoosh as Emissary maintains a hold of the controls.

"Actually, this is not completely dissimilar to the simulators and scoutcraft I have studied. Daedelus' technological acumen is quite impressive."

He pauses.

"Though it seems customary to offer salted peanuts and some sort of in flight cinema, as I understand it. I will recommend such an upgrade to him when we return."

He angles at that towards the landing site that had been picked out for Arizona.

He pauses.

Velocity looked out at the city below as they began to speed away and then accelerate faster once clear of the buildings.

She chuckled at Emissary’s comments about refreshments and an in flight movie. “I’m not so sure that’s necessary. There wouldn’t be time. We’re going so fast we should be in Arizona in about half an hour.â€Â

Velocity looked out at the city below as they began to speed away and then accelerate faster once clear of the buildings.

She chuckled at Emissary’s comments about refreshments and an in flight movie. “I’m not so sure that’s necessary. There wouldn’t be time. We’re going so fast we should be in Arizona in about half an hour.â€Â

Rose herself smiled at the Emissary's comments, watching the ground speed away underneath them.

“I’m not so sure that’s necessary. There wouldn’t be time. We’re going so fast we should be in Arizona in about half an hour.â€Â

She glanced over at Velocity, jokingly, "An episode of 'Friends', then? I'm happy for a re-run."

Rose herself smiled at the Emissary's comments, watching the ground speed away underneath them.

“I’m not so sure that’s necessary. There wouldn’t be time. We’re going so fast we should be in Arizona in about half an hour.â€Â

She glanced over at Velocity, jokingly, "An episode of 'Friends', then? I'm happy for a re-run."

The jet blasted off and in about 20 minutes the sensors indicated that they would be arriving at their destination soon. They were contacted by Daedalus only moments later.

"I'm sending you some satellite data now." Daedalus' voice seemed even more harsh as it came across the jet's intercom. The images he sent appeared on several monitors inside the jet.

base1.jpg

"You'll notice that there are four large structures on the west side of the old runways. They are . . . or were hangars. If our elusive enemy is amassing a large collection of mechanical monsters or has a factory to produce them, it would most likely be in one of those buildings. I'd start there. I'm sending you additional flight telemetry, specifically how far you need to keep the jet away from the base to avoid detection. Good luck!"

The jet blasted off and in about 20 minutes the sensors indicated that they would be arriving at their destination soon. They were contacted by Daedalus only moments later.

"I'm sending you some satellite data now." Daedalus' voice seemed even more harsh as it came across the jet's intercom. The images he sent appeared on several monitors inside the jet.

base1.jpg

"You'll notice that there are four large structures on the west side of the old runways. They are . . . or were hangars. If our elusive enemy is amassing a large collection of mechanical monsters or has a factory to produce them, it would most likely be in one of those buildings. I'd start there. I'm sending you additional flight telemetry, specifically how far you need to keep the jet away from the base to avoid detection. Good luck!"

base1.jpg

Velocity had been bored, really bored during the short flight, as 20 minutes could really drag on for her.

When Daedalus finally contacted them she was happy for the distraction, focusing on the monitor near her when he sent them the satellite images.

“Check the hangers, got it.†She said as Daedalus explained what they likely could be. “If they are full of stored robots or a factory, how little damage would you like us to cause?†She then asked.

When he mentioned getting them telemetry on where to land, she then thought of an idea. “Why land?†She said to Daedalus and all the others at once. “Emissary can just fly us to that distance and Raindance can fly us both down towards the base. Then Em and Val can just head to space. We might even arrive at both destinations at roughly the same time, depending on where the satellite is and how fast Raindance flies.â€Â

Velocity had been bored, really bored during the short flight, as 20 minutes could really drag on for her.

When Daedalus finally contacted them she was happy for the distraction, focusing on the monitor near her when he sent them the satellite images.

“Check the hangers, got it.†She said as Daedalus explained what they likely could be. “If they are full of stored robots or a factory, how little damage would you like us to cause?†She then asked.

When he mentioned getting them telemetry on where to land, she then thought of an idea. “Why land?†She said to Daedalus and all the others at once. “Emissary can just fly us to that distance and Raindance can fly us both down towards the base. Then Em and Val can just head to space. We might even arrive at both destinations at roughly the same time, depending on where the satellite is and how fast Raindance flies.â€Â

"Very well. If the two of you could move to the main door and Raindance prepare to take ahold of Velocity, I'll make ready."

He angles the jet's approach to pass over the appropriate spot picked out for exit, taking the jet lower and flicking the controls that would allow for the opening of the door.

"Alright, this then is your stop, good luck!"

"Very well. If the two of you could move to the main door and Raindance prepare to take ahold of Velocity, I'll make ready."

He angles the jet's approach to pass over the appropriate spot picked out for exit, taking the jet lower and flicking the controls that would allow for the opening of the door.

Rose gripped her seatbelt - she wondered briefly why she was even wearing it, as if this thing crashed, it wasn't going to help at all, and she wouldn't exactly take damage from a bit of turbulance. She took it off and stood, "Good luck, guys! Be safe." She's not being patronising, she's sincere.