The Eagle has Landed (IC)

Sam stopped talking suddenly and stiffened, "Ah but you must forgive my rudeness." He approached Gossamer further, "It is my training to give a situation report before all other matters. My name is Same Wolf. Is pleasure to meet you both, Miss...?" He let his question dangle in the air, while offering the hand from the rifle's trigger to shake in a gesture of friendship.

Gossamer rose somewehat unsteadily to her feet, with some assistance from her locks, and firmly shook the offered hand, a somewhat terse smile on her face. "Actually it's Doctor Estelle de Havilland, also known as Gossamer. Glad to be of help." She looked nervously skyward, shielding her eyes with her hand. "I do hope that young man is alright; I can't even see him up there."

Wisp shook her hand, clenching and unclenching her fist as she walked, trying to get the tingling to fade from her digits as she stepped towards Same and Gossamer. "Welcome to Freedom," she said, her words carrying her normally almost imperceptible Russian accent loud and clear. "My friends call me Wisp," she added holding out her still prickling hand.

At Gossamer's comments Wisp looked skyward, "I'm sure he'll be fine. The guy's taken worse hits, or so he claims anyway. I think he just likes trying to one-up this cute boy I know... Worst case, he falls and I grab him about a football field or so from the ground," she commented. While her tone may have been a bit flippant concern showed on her face for her friend.

"Ah, it is my mistake, then, Doctor." Sam smiled. "You have my apologies. It is not usual that one expects to see both beauty and brains in the same neat package, no?"

To Wisp, Sam said, "Then you haff worked with him before. It is good, yes, to have allies that you can trust to catch you when you fall. No pun intended is the saying, yes?"

From somewhere deeper in the forest, there was a glow of blue and red lights. The sounds of sirens rang out in the night. "Ah, it seems de authorities will be here soon." Sam paused to look around. "Hmm, this situation is not so good, I think. I am unable to pilot these planes, and would not be able to take off if I could. Da, I suppose there is no help for it." Sam raised the rifled to his shoulder, and ejected the clip. He held it in his mouth momentarily. With a sharp ping, he ejected the round in the chamber of the rifle and caught it in his hand as it spun through the air. Letting the rifle dangle, he loaded the bullet back into the clip, then stowed it in one of the pockets on his camouflage suit. He un-slung the rifle and offered it to wisp. "Your accent, it is Russian. Perhaps, then, you know how to handle soviet issued weaponry?" He continued unloading his pistol, and stowing the ammunition. Then removed his vest, along with the multitude of grenades strapped to it. He offered it to Estelle, "Doctor, if you would be so kind?"

As the sirens grew louder, he explained, "I do not know how your authorities are trained to handle soviet military personnel. Though it is better, I think, that I be unarmed when they arrive."

Wisp took the gun and stuck the clip in her belt against the small of her back. "Actually, not really. My mother skipped the Soviet weaponry lessons when raising me in the bilingual household," she said, taking a few steps to the side. Gingerly she placed the weapon on the ground and walked back to the group. "Besides, I was born after the dissolution of the Soviet Union."

As the police sirens came closer Wisp nodded, "Yeah, the cops around here aren't particularly thrilled with people holding assault weapons, especially foreign military. It makes them grumpy."

Glowstar plummeted through the sky, a shining point converging on a single clearing the woods outside Freedom City. He snapped to a stop just above the treeline, fists up and charged, illuminating the space between the trees. Slowly, in jerks and starts, he descended to the ground, until he set down heavily, stumbling drunkenly for a moment before he got his feet under him. He turned to the assembled heroes, smiling too widely, face sheened with sweat. "Okay! I'm ready for round two! Where's the evil Russian again?"

"Doctor, if you would be so kind?"

She smirked as she easily folded his gear out of sight within her golden locks. "I could probably hide an entire arsenal in here with little difficulty; anything else need tucking away?" Looking down at her jacket and jeans, she slid back her sleeve to expose a metallic armband with a computer screen on it. "Since appearances are important at times like this, I should probably look like I'm here in a more official capacity."

She punched in a few quick commands, and the texture of her clothing went all soft and shimmering before it reformed into her publicly-known 'superhero' costume, a pleasantly form-hugging suit in blue and silver. "There we are, much better!"

"Okay! I'm ready for round two! Where's the evil Russian again?"

Estelle indicated the inert form of Natasha with a nod. "She's out cold over there; I don't think she poses much of a threat at the moment."

"That is unfortunate. The more you know about guns, the more you know how to counteract them. It has been useful knowledge in my line of work. Perhaps this is something that you should look into, Wisp." He offered, as she relieved him of his weapon.

Watching Estelle hide the rest of his arsenal gave Sam a smile. "Well then, if hiding items from your authorities is common practice, perhaps the rifle should be put with the rest, then, no?" Sam indicated the rifle which Wisp had set on the ground. "I assume ze misdirection is simply to make things run smoother. American law enforcement is not known to be quite as dramatic as the ПолициÑ* are in Moscow."

When Estelle pulled the rapid clothes change. he quipped, "It seems you do not cease to amaze, GÅsamer." The mispronunciation came as a result of the unfamiliar word.

Estelle indicated the inert form of Natasha with a nod. "She's out cold over there; I don't think she poses much of a threat at the moment."

"Da, she is correct. It would appear that your notification of the authorities, vas just the distraction we needed. It was good work, and I am glad to see that the price you paid was not a high one. Even now, we await the arrival of the authorities."

Glowstar looked around again, finally spotting the Russian lady lying out in her battlesuit. He wobbled over and gave her a weak kick. "And stay down," he said to her unconscious form.

He managed to stagger over to the stacked crates of weapons and sat down on them heavily. "I, uh. I think I'm gonna have a bit of a lie-down." Matching action to words, he stretched out on top of the wooden crate, putting an arm over his eyes. "Don't wake me up until someone wants to inventory these or something."

Wisp grabbed a seat for herself on the crate next to Glowstar's, pulling an energy bar from a pouch on her belt as she did. Digging into it she relaxed a degree as her friend slipped into a calm sleep. "Enjoy your nap bud, Crow's going to be pissed he missed this though."

She took a minute to take a few deep breaths before getting back up and walking to the otheres. Slipping into Russian she called over to the new guy, "If you're going to be hanging around Freedom, maybe you can give me and a few of my friends lessons. At least in fighting back against an attacker armed with an assault rifle."

"Well then, if hiding items from your authorities is common practice, perhaps the rifle should be put with the rest, then, no?" Sam indicated the rifle which Wisp had set on the ground. "I assume ze misdirection is simply to make things run smoother. American law enforcement is not known to be quite as dramatic as the ПолициÑ* are in Moscow."

Gossamer frowned at the newcomer's cheerful statement. "Well when you put it like that, it sounds blatantly illegal...which I'm sure it is." Nevertheless, she folded the rifle into her mass of hair, arraying it around herself dramatically to let it cover significantly more volume.

"If you're going to be hanging around Freedom, maybe you can give me and a few of my friends lessons. At least in fighting back against an attacker armed with an assault rifle."

Estelle's frown deepened at the teenager's casual suggestion; she finally spoke up in excellent Russian, with a bit of an academic/upper class accent.

<"I'm not sure if high school students should be familiarizing themselves with military firearms; I'm not a huge fan of guns in general, but surely a simple hunting rifle or sporting shotgun would be more appropriate, assuming one encourages it at all?">

It was at that point that Sam seemed to be Saved by the Siren. A series of patrol cars rolled into the clearing, their drivers and passengers fanned out to cover the area, and arrest those perpetrators involved.

In no time at all the diligent work of the FCPD had Natasha and her gang locked up, and their power suits in proper containment. Any of the heroes that had not slipped away before the police arrived were requested to remain for questioning.

By the time the police had taken their statements, and the pile of guns Glowstar had been attempting to nap on, the hour was growing late. The heroes reconvened, so that Sam could fill them in.

"It seems I am to appear at Freedom Hall. There are others that would want a word with me, I am sure. The rest of you seem to have established reputations in this city. You are free to go."

"Wisp, I would be glad to help out you and your friends," Sam said, while shooting an apologetic look at Estelle, "Agree with it or not, the eventuality that these young heroes will one day face such an opponent is as real for them as it was when I was their age. It would give me great pleasure to see that they have the privilege to be educated, as I was, in defending themselves against such attackers. Unfortunate as it is, these other weapons that you have listed will not do. The weight, accuracy, and fire rate is too dissimilar than that of an assault rifle. Any training they receive against those guns will not translate well enough for them to properly defend themselves with it."

"This of course means that I will need my weapons back," He turned to raise a finger at Wisp, "Do not presume, however, that I will teach you how to use them. This would could use less gun violence, and I am sure that this city is not different. My father saw fit that I knew how to handle these weapons. I would leave the same judgement to your own parents."

Glowstar kept his seat on the gun crates until an officer threatened to arrest him, and then went to sit next to a handy tree. He barely opened his eyes when a different officer came to get his statement. The blow from Natasha and the subsequent dash back to a fight that had already ended had left him feeling mortally drained and weary. When everything started to break up, he wandered back towards the group of heroes. He heard Sam's offer, but replied with a weary smile. "Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm good for any threat short of a main battle tank." He yawned and floated into the air. "In the mean time, I need a nap."