Falconer

quotemyname

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

A professional soldier with a well trained eagle.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

I've been called 'The Mercenary Eagle before'. But mostly I am hearing 'Falconer'.

What is your full birth name?

Samuil Fyodor волк. Or Samuel Theodore Wolf as you say.

Where do you live?

I travel. I have not held permanent residence since fifteen.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

Tventy Eight. Born 1983. February.

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

Male

How would you describe your heritage?

_Da. Is mixed. My father was American. My mother Russian.

How tall are you?

Six feet, one inch.

What is your body type?

Large frame. No?

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

No.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

I can be graceful if need be. Ya. Stealthy too. I am always confident. But I walk as the situation demands it.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

I have fair skin, but tanned from too many battles fought in desert. Hair is blonde, but colored like dirt. Eyes - Blue.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

I keep my hair out of my eyes. Otherwise, I cut it when it is long. I shave whenever is possible.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

I do. If perhaps a little 'rough around the edges'. I have been told others feel the same.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

Indeed. I have one piercing. A gold band near the top of my left ear. A tattoo of a raptor catching a snake on my chest. The left side. And scars. Yes. Of those I have many.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

My father and I look a good deal alike. He is quite the local celebrity, no?

Do you have a dominant hand?

I favor my right. But I shoot with my left eye.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Is situational. Mostly functional or protective. Jeans at the least. Though more likely camoflage.

Do you wear makeup?

Not unless you count camoflage paints.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

My voice is low. If distinctive at all, it is because of presence, not tone or pitch. I am sound commanding as I often must.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

I find I am often checking behind me. Ensuring I am not followed. A habit born out of necessity I am afraid. It does not annoy me. My caution has kept me alive in the past.

History

Where do you come from?

Primarily Russia, though I have traveled much of Asia and Africa.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

I have not stopped moving since early adulthood.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

I am ambivilent to Russian government. I was never old enough to understand politics when I was living there. Now that I do, I have not spent time enough there for opinions. I would not say I am a patriot. I left home to fight in everyone else's war after all.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

Is cold. Very little attachment is there. The farm I grew up on is now an airstrip. I have no family to speak of. Is not really home.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

Eastern Russia. Like I said, is cold and lonely there much of the time.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

Many other children had fathers. Russian fathers. That set me apart quite well.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

I have many skills. I thank them all for getting me through life. Most importantly my success at raising Snow. She is an indespensable companion.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

Oh yes. Mother passed when I was ten or eleven. I met my Father for the first time shortly thereafter. Though I knew him scarcely a year before he left once more. Is sad story. I have Snow to thank for helping through those times.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

The moment Snow's egg hatched is perhaps the turning point. I always say that is the point that I decided I would make companion out of her, and a life out of my beginnings.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

I spent my years from fifteen to seventeen in a combat zone in Laos. I never should have gone. I was too young. But hindsight is 20/20.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

I attended primary and secondary school near my childhood home in Russia. I dropped out of secondary before completeion to fight.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

I have a small locket on a chain. Inside is small picture of Mother and Father when they were young. It is how I recognized Father when I first saw him. I also keep every set of dog tags I am issued. I have at least ten sets. From six or seven different nations.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

It was no conscious decision of mine. More a role I fell into. Fighting battles helps people. That much I know. Before long, you get good at the fighting. People begin to depend on you, look up to you. A hero by any other name it would seem.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

My reasons are simple enough. What benefit would I gain from lies?

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

I have done things that I am not proud of. Secrets are secrets though. Secrets they will stay.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

How can a man lead other men into a battle if they do not know him. No. It is essential that I am forthcoming with who I am. Trust breeds trust, and trust is essential to a soldier's survival.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

They may not be secrets so much as unpleasant truths. The type of thing a soldier cannot tell his family when they send him home. I protect them by keeping my own mouth shut. Others who know them may spread the information, but I will not willingly talk about it.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

I am sure there is a warrant for my arrest in many countries. I have fought for many sides that go on to lose wars. It is only to be expected that I am not welcome back.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

Jack Wolf and Arisha Rahal.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

My Mother raised me until ten. My Father took over from there.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

My mother was farm hand. Her standing low. My father is famous here, it seems.

Where are your parents now?

Father is legal guardian of the children of the Atom family. As it were, the subject of a conversation we have yet to have.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

I stayed until my Mother passed. Then I began moving around after my Father left.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

I loved my mother. I still do. I looked up to my father until the day he left. We haven’t reconnected since.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

My mother might feel sorry for me feeling like I had to take the path I did. I like to think I’d have her support, though. Father might regret that I followed his path, but I wouldn’t know. He isn’t exactly forthcoming with me.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

I have none that I know of. Unless you consider the Atoms siblings. They don’t know me, and even still I can’t help but resent them for being more important to my father than I am.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

I wouldn’t say I hate my father. Resent is a better word.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

No. They are too distant for me to fell attached to them in that way.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

Many would consider me the black sheep. My father spent time as a mercenary as well. But that always seems out shadowed by his fame and hero work as part of the Atom Family.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

My father and his father before him are both well known. Both seem celebrated widely. Not many know I even exist, it seems. Someday that will change.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

Though I have had partners in the past no children came from them. Unfortunately or not, depending on how you see things, I never stay in one place long enough to get further involved.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

Someday I may have children. But I will make sure that day does not come until I can be there to care for them. I will not be like my father.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

Loving, passionate, and supportive of my lifestyle are all qualities I would like to see. A short but difficult list to satisfy, I realize.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

I have had many good friends in the past. It is too bad they come and faster than I’d like. Then again, some of the best friends are friends you only meet once. You will never have the chance to experience their less pleasant qualities.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

I am not even sure I would be looked for. My own father stopped looking years ago.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

I have had many flings, but no true loves to lose.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

My enemies do not remain my enemies for long. I have fought for many sides, in many battles. Too many to consider any of my opponents more vehement than another.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

I am sure there is no end to the ways my past could come back to haunt me.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

I have spoken enough on the subject of my father. I will not bore you further.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

To myself and to Snow. More recently, to the pursuit of cleaning up Freedom City. I’ll no longer fight for the highest bidder. That time in my life has passed.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

There are no words for the bond of trust I share with Snow. It is stronger than words.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

Oppression. Tyranny. Exploitation of the weak. These are things that should be universally opposed. I feel they need no justification.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

Determination. Ability to follow orders. Loyalty. Courage. I possess these and more.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

Cowardice. Paranoia. Undue rebelliousness. I myself rebel. Though I like to this it is warranted.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

I keep no secrets from my friends. There are many that know me by different names, but that is their prerogative.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I am most comfortable leading. I am exceptional with a team of men fighting beside me, though I also work well alone. And of course, I always have snow to support me.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

I am not. Though I can say this, any team that I am a part of must be built on trust. I refuse to go into battle with any man at my side that I cannot trust enough to turn my back on. My eyes must be watching my enemies, not my supposed comrades.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

I follow no religion, though I am a fringe member of many Para-military groups worldwide. I only participate in their dealings rarely.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

Pick any great historical military wartime general. It is likely I respect them. Napolean. Washington. Paton. Perhaps most of all Sun Tzu.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

Most of my heroes live in the past. There is no new information about them that could dislodge my thoughts or destroy my respect.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

I am new to being a hero. We shall see if it pleases me or not. It is rewarding to fight for what one believes in.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

I am not so fickle as to abandon a campaign so new. No. Not at this time.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

Establish myself in this city. Earn a name for myself. Perhaps even confront my father.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

I do not presume to live my life that far in the future.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

If you could not already guess, abandonment is high on my list. I have been known to lash out occasionally at those who bring on such feelings. Once, I shot a deserter as he fled.

Is there anything you would give your life for?

Snow is the only thing I consider worth such a sacrifice.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

It is a means to an end. Money pays bills, buys food, shelter, and in times of plenty, entertainment as well. Its usefulness does not extend beyond that.

How do you generally treat others?

Fairly, if harshly.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

I would like to be. Too many times I have been spurned. It has made me suspicious.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

How should any man act? Respectful, yet friendly.

What are your most annoying habits?

I tend to assume that I am the one in charge. It does not sit well with some.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

I have no such feelings.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

I like steak. Crab, lobster and other seafood are also high on my list. I prefer to savor my food. Too often I find myself having to eat quickly before Snow can snatch it away.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Milk, I find it soothing. My alcohol of choice is vodka if you could not guess. A well-made White Russian is to die for.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

Chocolate. Dark chocolate in particular.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

I have eaten enough hard rations for a lifetime. I will not touch porridge unless there is nothing else.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

I prefer brown and green. Bright colors tend to bother my eyes.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

I rarely listen to music except when trying to relax. Softer songs are best for this. I do not hate any music in general.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

I am partial to a wood fire.

Do you have a favorite animal?

What do you think?

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

My locket. It holds a picture of my mother and father.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

I prefer neither. Though a more simple life suits me better.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Few things indeed are below me.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

Certainly not. Though, everyone is religious in a fox hole.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

Just the opposite. My mother was not religious, and so I had no one to mold it.

Could you kill? Have you killed?

Yes. Also yes.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

It was out of necessity.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

If one’s own life is in danger. Self defense. Also in service to a cause. Soldiers kill fighting for their countries. How can this be considered wrong?

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

It is nothing I have not seen before. At first it was troubling. Now, not so much.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

The few things in my life I hold dear would be worth me chasing after them.

How would you react to public humiliation?

I would expect that I would be angry.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

Not likely different than it were anyone else. My father was a soldier, like me. I’m sure he’s killed his fair share of men.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Betrayal, especially of family or a friend.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

One: Reconcile with father. Two: Set my affairs in order. Three: Read a book. Four: Relax while listening to music. Five: Rent a boat and go sailing.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

I was a professional soldier for many years. I have all the skills that come with such work.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

My father, mostly, however I have learned much from experience as well.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

I can communicate with Snow mentally. Is simply a bond we developed over being so close for many years.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

I have recently ‘quit’ being a mercenary. We will have to see what Freedom City offers before I speculate on my future prospects for employment.

What is your preferred combat style?

In hand to hand: Jiu-Jitsu or Muay Thai. When using a firearm, my style stems from Russian SOF, commonly “Spetsnazâ€, training.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

Many times, though they are honors that are not well-known.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

Any of my skills could always use improvement. I have always wished I’d known how to pilot an aircraft. Perhaps it would have seen me to America faster.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

I aim to learn through competition. Competition often fuels the ability to improve oneself.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

I wake early, run, and perform other exercises. I shave daily, and shower daily if possible. The rest is always dictated by my surroundings. It would be difficult to justify reading news if stranded in bunker, you see.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

Very little of my time is available for hobbies. Crossword is nice, though.

What do you do for fun?

I read, or do puzzles. I am also a fan of cards and chess. Any game that is easy to transport for that matter.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

I wear my fatigues as a costume.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

Casually, such as t-shirt and jeans.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

Little and less, if possible. Though colder climes require many layers while sleeping. It is weather dependent mostly.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

Just the locket I described earlier.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

Always on my person.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

I use whatever vehicle is handy for long distance. For local travel, I walk.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

Currently, I would have nothing to leave to anyone. We shall see what future holds.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

I suppose not. My tattoos or scars maybe, though I doubt those have been documented.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

Making a difference.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

No. I avoid collateral damage wherever possible.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

My resourcefulness and versatility.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

Perhaps that I have few allies aside from Snow.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

You may not want to, but you must reconcile with your father. It will give you the peace you’re looking for.

• 1 month later...