State of Grace, State of Sin (IC)

Electra

Dragonfly shook her head. "No. Considered that. But generally dislike having that much power over people. Plus, godhood isn't invulnerability. Both skilled enough to wield...impressive abilities, but doesn't make us invulnerable. Risk of feedback, incidental or direct harm to us or civilians, discovery." She gestured for that last bit, indicating the point Miss Americana'd already made. "Will be useful, might be fun, but still needs...care. Admit it might have appeal for a more stable system, however. Potential. Sharl...mmh." She frowned. "Too hard to predict. Freedom City appreciates its heroes. Tradition, like you said. First real superhero...too dependent on culture. Given Sharl? Would assume wonder, curiosity, then fear."

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I think you're right," Miss A agreed, after taking a moment to parse out all the missing words in Dragonfly's ideas. "There's a strong chance that if he goes back and tries to be a hero openly, he'll be the target of a great deal of suspicion and fear. You and I will have to go completely incognito and try to avoid changing anything while we're there, at least on the first trip. If we have to come back during the repair process, it'll only be more complicated if they're looking for us or suspicious of us. I could be wrong though," she said, changing ideas without breaking stride. "Tronik is more technologically advanced than Earth, they could be more socially evolved as well. They may be able to absorb and celebrate Sharl's unique new abilities. He could be very happy there." Her voice said she wanted to hope more than she actually hoped this was the case.

As she spoke, Miss A walked over to a full-length mirror set in on wall and tapped her own ribs several times in what seemed to be a pattern. An invisible seam in her skin opened up, revealing a maze of circuitry and tubing inside. Watching herself in the mirror, she began deftly patching the leaky tube that was causing all the surface "bruising."

Dragonfly unabashedly watched Miss Americana repair herself, her visor quietly gathering as much data as it could from her admittedly limited vantage point. interesting "Not that optimistic," she admitted, shifting on her feet a bit as she put her hands back in her jacket pockets. "Don't wish suspicion and fear on him, of course. But suspect it's the...common reaction to new or strange things. Which is its own concern, actually."

She tilted her head, biting her lip. "Posing as citizens will need...care. Very large city, granted, but only a city. Assuming outside contact is simulated or non-existent, latter with some excuse. And in former case, may need some reason why no one knows us. Preferably a way that's hard to check or easy to fake records for on short notice. Simple is best. You're...socially talented, but I am a very bad liar."

"I'm going to ask Sharl about that, actually," Miss A assured Dragonfly, sealing up the chassis once more and tucking her undershirt back into place. "With such a large society, even one crowded into a small place, there are going to be plenty of strangers. And I'm sure there are people who don't quite fit into society there. He can help us come up with some kind of convincing backstory, and I'll do most of the talking." She slid into her uniform top again, actually wincing as she raised her damaged arm. "I'm afraid you're probably right about Sharl's future there, but that's something he'll need to find out for himself."

Dragonfly nodded. "Fair. Waiting on data, then. Important but not exciting requirement of scien--mmh." She put a hand up to her mouth, stifling the small yawn that had bullied its way into her sentence. Or, at least, her sentence fragment. "Sorry," she apologized, looking a little chagrined. "Should...probably get actual sleep. Trying to be better about that. Crises amplify already bad habits."

She shook her head, and adjusted one gauntlet. going to be glad to have these off - going to be glad to have an environmentally-regulated suit "Imagine you'll be in touch? When you have more information, I mean, concrete plans to discuss. Looking forward to it. Should be...interesting."