Time Spent With Cats (IC)

April

If it were easy, they would not call you "super," the cat pointed out, tilting his ears forward humorously. Ask your questions now, for the time of knowing may come sooner than you think. Wait and be watchful, and not afraid to step into the unknown, he counseled. It is a fine thing to be loved, and a fine thing to have friends, but those things do not make you a Martel. When the evil comes and the threat is overwhelming, it is not who you know that matters, but who you are. There was something deep and old in the little cat's mental voice, something portentous.

Eve sighed as she caressed Oliver, --It would be nice to be loved, though. It's not simple for someone like me that has entirely too much stuff that sets me apart from the norm. I see my best friends fall in love and I feel jealous, and then I feel terrible for being jealous of their happiness.-- She stopped abruptly, wonder filtering through the telepathic link as tears appeared at the corner of the telpath's eyes. --You know our words, our promise,-- she whispered to the cat.

The important thing is that you know them, Oliver reminded her, purring a little louder when she appeared to be getting more upset. Humans are funny creatures. My human trusts her friends far more than she trusts herself. You do not trust yourself and it makes you incapable of trusting others. Trust does not come from perfect knowledge of the future, youngling. Trust begins when you understand that you are sufficient within yourself, no matter what happens. Only then can you reach out knowing that whatever happens, your relationships will add to you and not diminish you.