Dine and Crash (IC)

Aoiroo

Threat neutralized. Civilian casualties: 0 dead, 1 moderate injury, numerous minor injuries; none life-threatening.

I am being hugged.

"All evacuated," Archeville said in that oddly flat, even tone, "minor injuries, one broken limb. Now," he turned to the downed robot. It fell even more limp as the magnetic force holding it released as Archeville re-adjusted his Screwdriver; as he did so, his right eye and both hands began to twitch, and his gait became more jerky as he approached the downed robot.

Diverse assemblage of robotic components -- AEGIS -- Foundry scrap -- military -- other -- tracking system homing exotic particles/Terminus energy/tracking Mona/why? -- Terminus threat response projects projects projects Project Alphadroid 1993-1995 ceased due to increase in equipping agent-soldiers -- revived 2005 Erik Turner son of soldier lost in 1993 Terminus Invasion -- little funding/support -- Turner turned to salvaging other projects for materiel? Appears so -- activated on purpose or accident/fluke?

He practically crawled over it as he examined it, mumbling and murmuring to himself, poking and prodding it with his fingers, his gadget, and at one point a plastic pen to work around some exposed wires. A few moments later, he stood, straight, facing away from Mona and Carrie, smoothed his loosed hair back, and turned to face them. He seemed far calmer now, much more himself, though his face carried a look of both shame and irritation.

Okay, now to figure out what to do with this information.

"Sorry you had to see that," he said to Carrie, "seeing me in 'work mode' can ruin my smooth and suave image." He managed a small smile, but then the look of shame was completely eclipsed by irritation, and shifted so he could address both women, "but I did find that this is an AEGIS project for an autonomous Terminus response unit. The original was scrapped 15 years ago, but someone revived it, or has tried to. He is on shaky ground, hence the kit-bashed construction -- he had to assemble it from cast-offs from dozens of other projects." Left unsaid was that, being an anti-Terminus unit, it had come for Mona, as he was not sure how much of her nature she had shared with Carrie.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carrie wanted to say something but the sudden upsweep into Mona's arms. She sort of felt a little uncomfortable as her feet were not touching the ground which was very reminiscent of when she was a girl, though Mona was far more gentle than her father was in the bear hug department, being squeazed in with Viktor was a slight bit uncomfortable.

At least I can't actually be crushed.

She let out a half breath as she examined Viktor prodding at the prone robot. Honestly she thought it looked a bit like Frankensteins Machine, she could see like a half dozen pieces from a couple of old military vehicles which was confirmed by Viktor's assertion.

"So yeah, we're alright, and some random bot got loose from Aegis and attacked without provokation."

She tapped her fingers on the leg of her now ruined skirt as she looked up for a few seconds,

"Okay, not the strangest or most convolted thing to ever happen to me in this city, but why in the world would this AI want to attack a restuarant?"

Mona's worried face shifted into a contented smile. Something about Viktor's 'work mode' she found absolutely adorable. She just wanted to hug him again and make him a nice bowl of soup. Why the soup she wasn't quite sure but it sounded nice. Be better than their ruined dinner.

She leaned on an invisible wall and waited for Viktor's report. If anyone could figure out why it rampaged he would. Her newly cheerful face fell at his sudden melancholy. Her legs went weak as if someone, the robot perhaps, had punched in the gut.

Tears welled up in her eyes. The normally cheerful, or at least stoic, giantess sniffed and wiped her face. She couldn't look either of them in the eyes. Voice tight, she said, "I have to go."

She took off without fanfare and banked north. Soon the skyscrapers covered her trail.

Carrie was more looking at Viktor to listen to any more explanation he may have on this subject, but turned when Mona spoke and just caught the streak of tears and pained expression as she took off,

"Wait, wha?!"

Carrie almost immediate reaction was running towards her to try and catch the paragon, but Mona was way too fast in flight for any hope of keeping up or even keeping track of her as she went. Letting out a breath she watched her go before sprinting back to Viktor. She was confused, very freaking confused, but she knew what she had to do, she had to follow,

"Can we catch up with her?"

Oh! She took that harder than I thought! Well, at least by her pattern of flight, she is not headed towards the AEGIS HQ.

Have to focus on the civilians first!

"We cannot," the Doktor replied, looking up at where Fulcrum had flown, "she can fly much, much faster than I... and I think she wants to be alone for a bit. So, for now, we should focus on the people here." He headed towards the exit, "I must say, you conducted yourself quite well back there, calm and collected. I suppose you got that from dealing with the demands of the theatre, eh?," he chuckled.

Once outside, he took a quick visual assessment of the evacuees, looking for any serious injuries. He checked over the waiter with the broken leg, performing some speedy first aid as the wail of police, fire, and EMT sirens filled the night sky. Once he was satisfied things were stable, he fished a business card from his pocket and handed it to Carrie

And now to find my beloved. Good thing I can track her via the power dampers I made!

"Can you tell the police what happened here? Give them this, it has a number they can use to contact me if they need more. I am going after Mona."

"But you said we cannot, that she flies too fast."

"Yes, we cannot," he replied, winking as the Belt-generated microwormhole engulfed him, "but I can."

Continued

here.