Unstuck In Time! (OOC)

Quinn

Work, oy...

First up, as Scarab's ESP goes over the Beastman ranks, she does see that the bulk of the creatures behind the currently engaged front line is shifting backwards, although keeping faces front towards the fighting. Due to a lousy Tactics roll (InvisibleCastle! :argh: ), you can't tell precisely what they are planning to do. I assume nobody else has Knowledge (Tactics), so that's that. Secondly, Scarab's Notice rolls are sufficient for my purposes, yes. I'd say she'd probably become cognizant of the other heroes fighting in the area (as Freedomites tend to stand out) besides the ones she's talking to. Numbers-wise (since she'd probably count), there seem to be about 100-150 human troops fighting at the main battle line, against an equivalent number of monsters. Problem is, the humans have no reserves, while the bulk of the beastman army, about 200-300 strong, is doing their backing-up thang I just mentioned. And even better news; you don't see one evil sorcerer!

You see three.

Each of them is behind the main beastman lines standing on an elaborate platform (fancy steps, seats, wine and the like, and a small pavilion behind it, etc.). In front of each sorcerer is a glass orb. They are peering into them, and poking at points here and there. Note, that each platform is directly behind one third of the attacking forces. Surprisingly, aside from a token two beastmen each, they seem to be mostly unguarded.

Fulcrum!

DC 34 Toughness save - Beastman Brute 3 (1d20+7=19) Brute 3 is reduced to a fine paste.

DC 32 Toughness save - Beastman Brute 4 (1d20+8=10) And so is Brute 4. Nicely done, Fulcrum.

Next up is Atlas. Shaen, should we assume Scarab clues the others in to what she sees?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atlas is going to Leap towards the bad guy's reinforcements for his move action, and then use his Freeze Breath SS PF. It's a rank 14 Snare cone. DC 24 Reflex save, with a DC 24 Reflex save for half. The cone is 140ft long and 140ft wide at its furthest point.

...Yeah, with how packed the beastmen are and how wide that cone'd be, I'm not even going to bother rolling 40-50 Reflex saves. :P He freezes half of one of the reserves' three groups (the centre one), and the other half break ranks and charge towards him. They will reach Atlas next round. The other two groups on the left and right, each 100 strong, remain in place.

Gabriel's up next, once I do an IC post of the beastmen and Push arriving at Gabe's location.

Gabe and Push had a little chat, KD, can I get an Initiative Roll from you please?

And Arcturus is up next, you've got the beastie on the ground, Bound, and Helpless. The mighty bear goes before the warriors, so whatchu gonna do?

And Arcturus is up next, you've got the beastie on the ground, Pinned, and Helpless. The mighty bear goes before the warriors, so whatchu gonna do?

I think you mean "Bound and Helpless." Pinned is the condition you inflict if you win the grapple check by 1-4. Bound is the condition you inflict if you win by 5+, or if you win by 1-4 twice in a row. And Bound is one of the conditions that inflicts Helpless (other examples include Paralyzed and Unconscious).

Alright, since Granspear hasn't posted in time, we are moving on. Shaen, you're up. You've got the info as stated earlier, save that now the dude in the brown coat and the dude in the white coat are making a beeline for the sorcerer running the right flank (note that each direction is from the view of the heroes looking on, since Scarab is in the centre, Push and Gabriel are on the right flank, Arcturus is on the left flank, and so forth).

And the delayed action Flashpoint is up; The Last Wave. You guys have two to three rounds which which to break the redoubled offensive (originally it would have swept clear to the walls, but Gabriel freeing up the Battlemaster + Atlas & Arcturus wreaking some serious havoc have bought you more time), take down the sorcerers, or come up with an alternate plan of attack. This'll be the last one, once you guys finish this the battle's over. Then the fun begins! :D

It'll be an uneventful round for The Scarab. But sometimes good things take time to set up.

Free Actions: Maintain Flight and Force Field, continue to converse telepathically with fellow heroes.

Free Action: Reconfigure the Psionics array. Concealment is the new active power.

Free Action: Activate Concealment.*

Full Action: Take two consecutive Move Actions to fly to the sorcerer behind the left-flank reserve force. She will come down right behind him.

*The Scarab's "Psychic Invisibility" power gives her total concealment against all non-Mental senses. If, for some reason, a potential observer has reason to believe something is amiss, they get a DC24 Will save to resist her "Do Not See Me" mental command. Anyone with an appropriate Accurate, Ranged Mental-type sense can perceive her normally, assuming they make any necessary Notice checks (DC0 for standing out in the open, -1 Notice for every 10ft between the observer and the target, barring +Extended ranks). Anyone with an appropriate Acute, Ranged, non-Accurate Mental-type sense gets a DC20 Notice check to detect her presence (but not her exact location) if they pass within 3 Notice increments of each other (30ft, barring any +Extended ranks).

To clarify: Yes, The Scarab sent out that last telepathic message to every PC on the field. Barring an Immunity to Mental Effects, you can't "resist" the Communication portion (her "talking" to you), although you're free to ignore it. If anyone wants to resist the Mind Reading portion, her "listening" to your surface thoughts to "hear" your replies, let me know, and we can make the contested Mind Reading vs Will check. The Mind Reading component of her telepathy is only rank 1, so if you want to resist it, you will. (It's a tool for communication, not interrogation.)

Ok, bit of an infodump here...

The Sorcerer seems to pick up the Scarab's presence! (Take an HP, Shaen) He can't quite see her, but he attempts to sweet-talk the Scarab! Diplomacy check! (1d20+12=13) Though I don't think he's very good at it.

Fulcrum obviously socks that guy clean (for the Sorcerers, I'm using the Necromancer template from the Book Of Magic, although swapping undead for...well...beastmen, and a few skill tweaks (adding social skills, Diplomacy, Bluff, etc.). DC 34 TOU save. (1d20+14=32) Wow. This guy has a tough neck. And he returns fire! Magic blast! (1d20+10=27) That's a DC 29 TOU save if it hits, Darius.

Next up is Atlas. You got about 50 big green and uglies looking like they want to nom you for lunch charging right at you, and 25 doughty warriors to cover your back. Whaddya gonna do?

Ok, since pretty much all of them are minions with only +7 to +9 Toughness, you basically moke the whole lot of 'em to the cheering of the soldiers and amusement of the children (if there were any around). Does Atlas punch clear through to Fulcrum and the sorcerer?

Let's see...I think I shall have Gabriel hover into the air by about 50 feet (as his array will be on Flight 1 at this point). We'll say he switched to Blast when he landed, and will now use it.

Also:

All-Out Attack: -2 Defense for +2 Attack; Defense now 10, Ranged Attack now 14.

Power Attack: -2 Attack for +2 Damage; Ranged Attack now 12, Blast Toughness Save DC now 29

Move Action: Float 50 feet straight into the air.

Standard Action: Shoot the caster.

Son of a-!

I should still have 2 Hero Points left, so, Hero Point Reroll.

19 is better, but with the HP becomes 29. I'd bet that hits, so...Toughness Save DC 29 from caster-boy.

Yeah, that hits.

DC 29 Toughness save! (1d20+14=19) Oookay, OW. Sorcerer is now Staggered and Stunned. And his bodyguards wave their weapons angrily. Clearly he was not expecting THAT kind of hit! ;)

And I don't think his bodyguards were expecting this one. Push inbound with the Area Blast! DC 22 Reflex saves (1d20+4=5, 1d20+4=9) No half damage for them, and...DC 27 Toughness saves (1d20+7=27, 1d20+7=10) ...Well, one of them's moked.

Ok, Fulcrum is up, then Arcturus, then back to Scarab.