Unstuck In Time! (OOC)

Quinn

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, you moke 50 mooks with the initial sortie (as detailed in chat), and then with that EE (again detailed in chat), you flatten all 100 of the reserve. We'll say you finish off the last bunch with the Wolves on your next turn. ;)

Top of the round, left (Scarab & Arcturus) and centre (Fulcrum & Atlas) reserves are broken but the main line battle is still raging as they pull back to the keep, right flank is still full-strength (side Gabriel and Push are on). You have two turns with which to break the enemy force and win this Flashpoint. Scarab's up!

The Sorcerer seems to pick up the Scarab's presence! (Take an HP, Shaen) He can't quite see her, but he attempts to sweet-talk the Scarab! Diplomacy check! (1d20+12=13) Though I don't think he's very good at it.

With her 1/2 Immunity to Interaction Skills, that +12 becomes a +6, so he actually got a 7. Her Sense Motive bonus is +25. She has Skill Mastery, but she could Take 1 and pass that check. If Diplomacy worked on PCs in the first place. Which, outside of the Distract and Fascinate feats, it does not. But even if you meant for it to be a use of one of those feats, yeah, the sorcerer never had a chance.

Free Actions: Maintain Flight and Force Field.

Free Action: The Scarab uses Extra Effort for a Power Stunt. She'll temporarily gain a new Alternate Power feat:

• Drain Will 14 (Extras: Alternate Save [Will], Linked [Emotion Control], Mental, Range 2 [Perception], Flaws: Action [Full], Feats: Reversible, Slow Fade [1 minute], Subtle) [31PP] + Emotion Control 14 (Extras: Linked [Drain], Mental, Flaws: Action [Full], Limited [Despair]) [7PP] ("Break The Will") [38PP]

It's like Corrosion, but for the soul.

Full Action: The Scarab will use her new power on the sorcerer in front of her.

That's a DC24 Will save. If he fails, he loses a number of Will save ranks equal to the margin by which he failed (up to a max of 14, the Drain rank), and he suffers a Shaken condition (-2 to attack rolls, saving throws, and checks). If he fails by 10+, then instead of Shaken, he's Helpless (unable to defend himself or take actions).

The Drained save ranks will come back at 1 per minute (10 rounds). He gets a new save to overcome the Shaken/Helpless condition for every interval that passes on the Time Table (a new save after 1 minute [10 rounds], then another 5 minutes [50 rounds] after that, then another 20 minutes [200 rounds] after that, and so on). Since he's not a Minion, he can use Extra Effort to get a new save to overcome the Shaken/Helpless condition outside of the normal intervals.

Since it's Reversible, at any point, The Scarab can take a free action to completely reverse all of the power's effects upon the victim.

Move Action: Fly up away from the enemies

Free Action: Shift Array to Flight 10, Super Strength 1

Free Action: HP for Super Strength Power Feat (Shockwave)

Standard Acton: Shockwave!

140 ft long/wide cone blast

DC 24 Reflex for half damage

DC 29/22 Toughness

Targets: Sorcerer, x2 Beastmen Bodyguards and that glass orb! (Plus all the other stuff on top the platform)

Remaining HP: 1

Reflex saves! DC 24 Reflex saves! (1d20+4=10, 1d20+4=7) They both fail, and with only a +7 TOU, they're both pasted. Now for the Sorcerer!

First, a Concentration check (I've been egregiously forgetting these, to my eternal shame) Concentration check! (1d20+14=33) and he makes it nicely. Next, his reflex save, which he can't make due to only having +3 Reflex. And his TOU save...DC 29 Toughness save! (1d20+14=17)...Yeah, stick a fork in him, this guy's done. And so's his portion of the army!

Alright, because I'm going to be absent for the next two weeks, and I don't want to hold everything up, I do hereby give Quinn and/or Shaen full authority to play Atlas as an NPC with as much or as little involvement to the progression of the plot as they see fit.

First, let's see if his Force Field stays up. Concentration check (1d20+14=32) And it does.

DC 27 Toughness check! (1d20+14=15)

Well, he's out. Push takes 10 to hit the last minion with a DC 29 Toughness save, and the beastman's squashed. Arcturus, you're up! You can see that Scarab is tussling with evilnastysorcerer, two beastmen are starting to charge up the stairs of the platform towards them, and the Wolves are howling for glory! Whatcha gonna do?

Only two, Arc. And these things may be summoned monsters, but they know when they're facing something bigger than they are!

DC 18 Will save! (1d20+4=22, 1d20+4=12) Or rather one of them does, and he promptly legs it. Other one just looks mad. U mad, Beastman?

Bodyguard Attack! (1d20+5=18) He totally mad. DC 22 Toughness save if that hits, Arc. After he takes a swing, the three warriors wade in! Attack rolls! (1d20+12=17, 1d20+12=13, 1d20+12=17) Two hit, one miss. DC 20 Toughness save (1d20+7=26, 1d20+7=20) And amazingly, it survives (that's one tough minion!)

Shaen, you're up.

The Scarab hasn't reconfigured her Psionics array, so her power stunt from last turn is still active.

Drain Will 15 (Extras: Alternate Save [Will], Linked [Emotion Control], Mental, Range 2 [Perception], Flaws: Action [Full], Feats: Reversible, Slow Fade [1 minute], Subtle) [32PP] + Emotion Control 15 (Extras: Linked [Drain], Mental, Flaws: Action [Full], Limited [Despair]) [8PP] ("Break The Will") [40PP]

It's like Corrosion, but for the soul.

Reaction: At the top of her turn, The Scarab will burn a HP to avoid being Fatigued by her Extra Effort last round.

Free Actions: Maintain Flight and Force Field.

Free Action: The Scarab will use Extra Effort for +2 power ranks, increasing the stunt from rank 15 to rank 17.

Full Action: The Scarab will use her stunted power on the sorcerer again. DC27 Will save this time.

DC 27 Will save! (1d20+11=27) ...Ok, I'm promoting this guy to named NPC status. We'll be seeing him again!

Anyway, he pulls a Fair Escape, take an HP Shaen, and that's the end of the War Sequence. Nicely done, all! HPs for everyone!

Now, if I can get one IC post from everyone with a brief "WTF" or mopping-up of whatever beasties are left (no need for rolls there), then we can continue on.

OK, mechanically, a few things are going on here.

First, that thought was an actual telepathic message The Scarab sent to the fleeing sorcerer. Since he's known to her, if he's within range, he'll "hear" it.

Second, she's using Telekinesis. Lots and lots of Telekinesis.

Third, she's going to use her Medicine skill at every opportunity to tend to the wounded soldiers. She's got Jack of All Trades, Skill Mastery, and a +5 WIS bonus, so she can Take 10 and hit DC15, which is usually enough for both stabilizing a Dying character and treating a character for long-term recovery.

• 1 month later...

When she gets a free moment, The Scarab ducks into a private room with the orb, uncovers it, and uses Postcognition on it. She'll also use her Mind Reading + Analytical Mental Sense power, to figure out whether or not the orb itself is intelligent/sapient, or if it's currently being used as a sensory node by someone who is.

Mind Reading check: 30.

Knowledge (Arcane) check: 7.

Screw that. I'll burn a HP for a reroll.

Knowledge (Arcane) check: 24.

That's better. Let me know if there's more info at 25+, and I'll burn another HP as a reaction* to use Beginners Luck for +5 ranks.

*Burning a HP is always a Reaction.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, Quinn and I did a little bit of retcon on those last couple of IC posts. Nothing that changes anything for anyone else.

The Scarab's bowing out of this thread, but in such a way as to leave open the potential for her to rejoin it later. But for now, I'll be sitting the rest of this one out.

• 2 weeks later...