Unstuck In Time! (OOC)

Quinn

Okok, now depending on how solid their rolls are, we'll see if those attack rolls apply actually works...

DC 29 TOU save, Bruised Beastman (1d20+7=10) Squashed.

DC 29 TOU save, Brute number two! (1d20+8=19) Owie'd.

Scarab's situation has changed thusly:

Scarab - Uninjured - 3 HP

Fulcrum - Uninjured - 3 HP

Beastman Brute 2 - Bruised x1, Staggered, Stunned - 0 HP

Beastman Brute 3 - Unharmed - 0 HP

Beastman Brute 4 - Unharmed - 0 HP

Beastman Brute 5 - Unharmed - 0 HP

Warriors (7) - 0 HP

War Beast - Stunned, Unharmed - 0 HP

Ok, Push's post is up next, I'll post his rolls and situation shortly. And the first flashpoint is coming along as well.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free Actions: Maintain defenses. Read surface thoughts of each person in telepathic contact.

Free Action: Switch Psionics array to Telekinesis (Move Object).

Standard Action: Grab the troll bearing down on the captain.

No attack roll, since it's Perception-range.

Grapple check: 40.

If the troll wins, The Scarab loses her grip on him. If he loses, he's Pinned. If he loses by 5+, he's Bound, and thus, Helpless. Ties go to the higher bonus, as usual.

Reaction: Spend a Hero Point for a Heroic Feat, temporarily acquiring the Power Attack feat.

Move Action: Assuming she wins the opposed grapple check, throw the troll at the giant warbeast who just burst up out of the ground. She'll take a -5 Attack / +5 Damage shift on the roll.

Attack roll: 24.

If it hits, that's a DC32 Toughness save for both the troll and the giant warbeast.

EDIT: I went ahead and posted IC as if all my rolls succeeded. Let me know if that's not the case, and I'll edit accordingly.

Right, got some work to do... *le sigh*

First off, for Scarab. War Beast rolls to see if he breaks the stun: DC 22 Recovery Save! (1d20+9=21) And it's still Stunned. Grapple easily flattens the beastman, and away he flies. Not going to bother making the damage roll for him, as he is effectively out of the fight. Scratch Beastman 5. And a 24 will hit that oversized beastie. Rolling Toughness: Siege Beast Flashpoint - DC 32 Toughness save! (1d20+20=22)

:shock: :o :x :? :D

Ok, moving on!

After checking with Darius over Chat, she thought Beastman 2 was the one being thrown. It was not, so she's changing her first target to him. Rolling! DC 29 TOU save (1d20+7=26) And that one takes another Bruise, Takedown roll does NOT come into effect, sadly.

Moving on to the remaining 2 Beastmen Brutes and the various warriors...Beastmen attack! (1d20+5=17, 1d20+5=12) Beastman 3 attacks Fulcrum and hits, Beastman 4 attacks a warrior and misses. Darius, that's a DC 21 Toughness save.

The warriors return the favor: Warriors attack! (1d20+6=22, 1d20+6=21, 1d20+6=9, 1d20+6=15, 1d20+6=26, 1d20+6=12, 1d20+6=10) Warriors 1, 2, 4, and 5 hit their targets, others miss (probably by staring at Scarab and Fulcrum being AWESOME). DC 21 Saves for the Beastmen...DC 21 Toughness save (1d20+6=8) Warrior finishes off Beastman 2 for Fulcrum. DC 21 Toughness Save (1d20+8=11) Beastman 3 is Bruised, Staggered, and Stunned. DC 21 Toughness save (1d20+8=23) Beastman 4 is alright. DC 21 Toughness save (1d20+7=27) As is Beastman 3 when the last warrior jumps it.

Scarab & Fulcrum's situation:

Scarab - Uninjured - 2 HP

Fulcrum - Uninjured - 3 HP

Beastman Brute 3 - Bruised x1, Staggered, Stunned - 0 HP

Beastman Brute 4 - Unharmed - 0 HP

Warriors (7) - 0 HP

War Beast - Stunned, Unharmed - 0 HP

And that's that for you guys. Atlas is next!

Move: Jump to the really big beastman thing. If my normal distance (~220ft) isn't enough, I'll use EE to add 2 to my Leaping ranks (~1100ft).

Standard: Attack Roll vs Siege Beast; All Out/Power Attack 5; DC 36 Toughness on hit; Atlas Defense set to +2 (1d20+8=11) Bah. HP to reroll unless that hits somehow

Attack Roll vs Siege Beast; All Out/Power Attack 5; DC 36 Toughness on hit; Atlas Defense set to +2; HP Reroll (1d20+8=28)

:shock: :o:D :twisted: So that's a DC 41 Toughness save

And then just for the lulz, I'll use Improved Grab to start to wrassle with it.

Grapple Check vs Big Beastie (already includes +5 from All Out Attack) (1d20+44=49)

Atlas is down to 3 HP.

And here I thought Fulcrum was going to use it as a fly-swatter. :mrgreen: So, let's see how much damage Atlas's punch does.

DC 41 Toughness save! (1d20+19=23)

Moving on to Gabriel!

Gabriel: Unharmed, 3 HP

Tarquin: Unharmed, 0 HP

Beastman Lieutenant 1: Deafened, TOU Drained 12, Unharmed

Beastman Lieutenant 2: Partly Deafened, Unharmed

Beastman Lieutenant 3: Deafened, TOU Drained 6, Unharmed

Beastman Lieutenant 4: Deafened, Unharmed

Beastman Lieutenant 5: TOU Drained 12, Unharmed

First things first: I'm keeping my Drain Toughness 12 going.

Drain Toughness 12 (Area: Shapeable). Reflex DC 22 for half effect, DC 22 Fortitude save against a Rank 12 Drain Toughness, to refresh memories.

Still aimed to hit all of those dudes. Missing Tarquin, naturally.

Edit: I'm feeling bold, and I've got 3 Hero Points.

After that Drain attack, I'm going to spend another Hero Point and stunt a new power off my array: Damage 12 (Area: Shapeable). Reflex DC 22 for half, Toughness DC 27, or 21 if they make the Reflex (pretty sure that's how that works out).

Then, I'll use Extra Effort, get another attack, and shape the blast in the same manner, and hit them all. :D

...After some double-checking in the rules, I have found that enemies that are NOT objects can't have their Toughness drained beyond -5. So...yeah. One sec, I will work my GM magic!

DC 22 Reflex save! (1d20+4=11, 1d20+4=22, 1d20+4=17, 1d20+4=17, 1d20+4=16) OK, so Beastman Lieutenants 2, 3, 4, and 5 are hit directly (although 5 does not take any more Drain TOU).

DC 22 Fortitude save! (1d20+7=17, 1d20+7=18, 1d20+7=14, 1d20+7=25) And Beastman Lieutenants 2, 3, 4, but not 5 take it right on the chin. As they can only be drained to a maximum of -5, Draining them by 12 is sufficient.

Beastman Lieutenant 1: Deafened, TOU Drained 12, Unharmed

Beastman Lieutenant 2: Partly Deafened, TOU Drained 12, Unharmed

Beastman Lieutenant 3: Deafened, TOU Drained 12, Unharmed

Beastman Lieutenant 4: Deafened, TOU Drained 12, Unharmed

Beastman Lieutenant 5: TOU Drained 12, Unharmed

And following that up with the BEEG AOE!

DC 22 Reflex Save (AOE) (1d20+4=11, 1d20+4=22, 1d20+4=6, 1d20+4=21, 1d20+4=7) Beastman 1, 3, 4, and 5 take it straight, Beastman 2 manages to barely get out of the area! Following up with Toughness saves...

DC 22 (and 1 21) Toughness saves! (1d20-5=0, 1d20-5=2, 1d20-5=2, 1d20-5=-2, 1d20-5=1) ...

Right! Arcturus is next!

...After some double-checking in the rules, I have found that enemies that are NOT objects can't have their Toughness drained beyond -5.

To elaborate, this is true because the definition of "a living thing" in this system is "Has CON of 1 or higher." CON 1 would give you -5 Toughness. If you have CON 0, you're not a living creature, you're an object. And you can't have a negative score in an Ability. 0 is as low as it gets.

Okay, so I've got this horned beast charging at Arcturus...

The first thing that comes to mind is using the Bracing PF off his Super Strength, grab it by the horns, and flip him over all Texas rancher style. XD

Not sure what I need to roll to pull that off, though.

Okay, so I've got this horned beast charging at Arcturus...

The first thing that comes to mind is using the Bracing PF off his Super Strength, grab it by the horns, and flip him over all Texas rancher style. XD

Not sure what I need to roll to pull that off, though.

The Bracing pf on Super-Strength converts your Str bonus to ranks in Sustained Immovability. But since Arc's Super-Str is itself an AP off his Enhanced Str -- something I'm kicking myself for missing when I did his approval, as that's not a good construction -- he can't use his Enhanced Str while using it, so his Str mod is only +4 (from Str 18 [base 10, +8 from being Large]), so he'll gain Sustained Immovability 4, which will improve his Knockback to -13 (-5 base form Toughness 11, -4 more for Large, -4 from the Bracing/Sustained Immovable).

I've edited Arc's sheet to show his Str score when using his Super-Str, as well as his effective lifting Str. (Your numbers had been off b/c you were still counting the Enhanced Str with it.)

The move you describe -- planting feet in ground (Bracing), setting to resist the charge, and using the beast's momentum to flip it over -- sounds like Readying an action to punch (and doing enough knockback to knock it prone) once it's hit you with its charge.

Sorry for the holdup.

The Scarab will spend her round on reconnaissance.

Free Actions: The Scarab uses Communication and Mind Reading to continue "conversing" with her comrades.

Free Action: The Scarab activates her Flight.

Free Action: The Scarab reconfigures her Psionics array to ESP.

Free Action: The Scarab activates ESP, decoupling her Visual and Auditory senses from her physical body and leaving them free to roam anywhere within her 5-mile range.

Full Action*: The Scarab conducts an extended search of a 1-mile diameter area, centered on herself. She uses Skill Mastery to Take 10 for a total of 30. She's looking for anything interesting or potentially dangerous, particularly anyone who looks like an "evil sorcerer."

Free Actions: The Scarab uses Mental Communication to relay any pertinent information to her comrades on the field.

*Normally, an extended search of a 1-mile area takes 1 hour. The "Fast Task" challenge (described in both the "Search" description in the Skills chapter of the core book, and the "Challenges" section of the first chapter of the Masterminds Manual) reduces the time required by one step on the Time Table for every +5DC the searcher adds to her check. The Scarab has 4 ranks of the "Fast Task (Search)" challenge feat as power feats on her ESP, which waive 4 of those +5DC challenge increments. So she can search that 1-mile area in 1 round, as if it were only 10 feet.

Other Notes:

Anyone The Scarab observes remotely with her ESP 5 gets a DC25 Notice check to pick up on the fact that they're being watched.

Since her ESP is Simultaneous, she retains awareness of the area and sensory input surrounding her physical body. As stated in the books, she perceives the area around her and the areas around her roaming senses as translucent overlays upon one another, and the GM can feel free to force Concentrate checks for correctly interpreting what she sees and hears and keeping the two sources of input separate in her mind.

Her ESP only displaces her Visual and Auditory senses, of which she only has Normal Vision and Normal Hearing. Her Mental-type senses remain rooted to her physical body.