Unstuck In Time! (OOC)

Quinn

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, based upon the fluff here, we're going to assume Atlas is in his classic Atlas form:

Growth 4 Extras: Permanent (+0) [12pp]

Super-Strength 10 PF’s: Shockwave, Freezebreath, Powerlifting [23pp]

Protection 2 [2pp]

Leaping 3 (x10 distance) [3pp]

Changed Stats are as follows: Melee Attack +8, Str mod +16, Toughness +16, Defense +7, Fort Save +14, Grapple +39, Knockback -18, Intimidate +19

Initiative Check - Battle after wormhole (1d20+0=3)

Ok, ladies and gentlemen, I'm about to set some ground rules, iron-fist style here. Layin' down the law and all that.

We've got six players here, yes. This is going to be a slow thread, no questions there. But we've got a chance to really get a massive crossover story done here. It will be truly EPIC! :D

So, here's the rules. Once combat starts, we will be following a strict posting format. Anyone who does not post during the appointed days WILL be LEFT BEHIND. Now, combat hasn't started yet, and the first round of posts will be for RP and getting acclimatized. In game terms, this means you want to skoosh a few wayward beasties or organize a few of the locals into a squad, you can do that.

Currently, the plan is to have combat posts on weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). If you are online during a weekday, and it is your turn, however, then I am perfectly willing to have you slap up a post then. But you will be required to keep up on the weekend days. Ideally, I'd want to see two rounds a day, one post in the morning, one in the evening. If this is not possible, then we'll stick to one round a day. Note, if you do not post during combat when you are supposed to, it will be assumed your character has been briefly overwhelmed by the creatures, and you will lose your action that round.

Let's get out there and tell a truly epic story, ladies and gentlemen! :D

Initiative: 20.

Free Action: Use "Quick Change" Feature to SUIT UP!

Free Action: Reconfigure power arrays, selecting Stun as the active power in Psionics and Communication as the active power in Telepathy.

Full Action: Use Stun on the beast. Unless the beast is immune to Mental effects, it needs to make a DC22 Will save. 22+ it passes, 21-18 it's Dazed, 17-13 it's Stunned, and 12 and under it's Unconscious.

General Notes:

The Scarab is technically PL14, but in combat terms, for the most part, she effectively comes in at PL12.

As she has Skill Mastery, please assume that The Scarab takes 10 on any reactionary Notice or Sense Motive checks she's called upon to make, hitting 35. Among other things, that means her Acute Radius Ranged mental sense picks up on the presence (but not exact location) of any minds within 30ft (unless they specifically have Concealment against Mental senses), she picks up on any Mental powers used within 250ft of her, and you need to hit a Stealth DC of 35-36 (ties go to the higher bonus) to sneak up on her, a Bluff DC of 35-36 to deceive her, and an Intimidate DC of 35-36 to rattle her (and in the latter two cases, that's after having your skill bonus halved).

Notice +25, Skill Mastery, Danger Sense, and Uncanny Dodge together mean that she's not flat-footed when surprised or before she's had a chance to act in a fight, and she gets to act during the surprise round along with the ambushers, unless the attacker has Concealment against Mental-type senses.

Of course, this all assumes a lack of GM Fiat, which can render any of it moot.

Right. Well. Was thinking this'd stick to RP for a round, but I'll let it by. Rolling Will:

DC 22 Will Save (1d20+8=14) It's Stunned.

Also, she notes the following with her mental senses.

1) The gangly creatures and the war beasts seem almost mindless, save for one overriding command, easily detectable due to it's simplicity, the drive it is imparting to these things, and the sheer number of creatures within that 30 feet: "Destroy." 2) Scarab can pick up the minds of two other Freedom City inhabitants nearby, one familiar, the other not.

Alright, I'm going to wait for Darius to post, then post with Push. Once Fulcrum and Push's RP posts is up, combat will begin, I'll throw up each of your "encounters", and explain more about "The War Sequence" that will happen at the same time.

Of course. Alright, time for descriptions!

First, DA RULEZ. Here, I'm going to run what I like to call as "The War Sequence". Rules are simple. Each of you will fight in self-contained situations, each with it's own objective. I'm not going to say what they are, you're going to have to figure that out as things go on. Feel free to move and assist one another, for all intents and purposes combat rules are fully in effect (although make sure to check with me first regarding distances). Note that at some points during the battle there will be what are called "flashpoints". These will be major events affecting the course of the battle; how you approach them will determine the progression of events after the battle's conclusion, win or loss. Other flashpoints may give you the opportunity to earn extra HP. You all have your own enemies to fight now, of course, but since the numbers of both sides are in the hundreds, expect there to be no shortage of foes approaching.

To sum up the individual situations:

Fulcrum and Arcturus - Opponents: 20 beastmen, in 5-man squads. Allies: 3 warriors (Gunnar, Jakob, and Lorr)

Atlas - Opponents: 20 beastmen, same squads. Allies: none.

Gabriel - Opponents: 5 beastmen lieutenants, individuals. Allies: 1 warrior (Tarquin)

Scarab - Opponents: 1 War Beast, 5 beastmen brutes (1 squad). Allies: 10 warriors.

Upon re-examination of the procedure, we're scrapping initiative order at the moment, and we will be addressing each situation in this order: Scarab, Atlas, Gabriel, Fulcrum/Arcturus.

Ok Shaen, you're up first.

Scarab: 20, Uninjured, 3 HP

War Beast: Uninjured, Stunned, 0 HP

Beastmen (5): Uninjured, 0 HP

Warriors (5): Uninjured, 0 HP

Right. Well. Was thinking this'd stick to RP for a round, but I'll let it by.

Pro Tip: If you don't want players to assume that combat has begun, don't make their introduction sound as if their characters are being attacked. :P

Now, combat hasn't started yet, and the first round of posts will be for RP and getting acclimatized. In game terms, this means you want to skoosh a few wayward beasties or organize a few of the locals into a squad, you can do that.

With your approval, I'm going to hand wave that she stomped one of the creatures next to Arcturus, so we could jump to official combat. No pun intended.

Meh. Working on an IC post.

Awesome. Since the Stun is an Instant (Lasting) effect, the warbeast will get a new save to shake off the Stunned condition once per round, on The Scarab's initiative count, with a cumulative +1 bonus.

Free Action: Activate telekinetic force fields.

Free Action: Reconfigure Psionics array to Mind Control.

Full Action: Use Mind Control against the biggest, strongest, meanest looking beastman in the 5-man squad closest to The Scarab. The command will be to attack his comrades. Hopefully he'll catch them flat-footed.

Mind Control check (contested by Will save): 29.

Free Action: Use Telepathy to contact Atlas.

He "hears" The Scarab's "voice" in his head regardless (you can't "resist" Mental Communication, short of being Immune to Mental effects), but if he doesn't want The Scarab to "hear" his surface thoughts in response, it's a contested Mind Reading vs Will save check.

Mind Reading check: 11.

Free Action: Use Telepathy to contact Fulcrum. Same spiel.

Mind Reading check: 7.

Also, just to clarify: Her powers are +Subtle. But Subtle is a power feat, and thus, unlike an extra, optional every time you use the power. In some cases, I'm choosing not to use it for the sake of good descriptions.

The Scarab: Uninjured, 2HP

Oh, and in case it wasn't clear, while the first lines, the greetings, were "said" to each individual, the second part was repeated to each person. (Rapid Communication = never having to worry about the logistics of telepathy.) 8-)

That was clear.

Ok, Mind Control does NOT work on the beastie, sadly. Take an HP. The five crash into the warriors' front line, and...

Monsters Attack! (1d20+5=13, 1d20+5=17, 1d20+5=12, 1d20+5=15, 1d20+5=22)Two miss, 3 hit.

Knights' save:DC 21 TOU saves (1d20+6=16, 1d20+6=8, 1d20+6=12) Three of the warriors go down. Their brethren move up...

Warriors Attack! (1d20+6=13, 1d20+6=7, 1d20+6=9, 1d20+6=9, 1d20+6=23, 1d20+6=18, 1d20+6=20) And only three hit as well. Swords!

Monsters:DC 21 Toughness save! (1d20+8=15, 1d20+8=14, 1d20+8=23) One monster is Bruised, the other two are uninjured.

Moving on to Atlas's situation!

Surrounded by 20 of the beasties. No allies. Only two squads can attack you at once. Whaddya gonna do?

Yeah, none of them can make that Reflex save. Or the Toughness save. Ouch. All twenty monsters are flattened (these ones, unlike Scarab's, are Minions), and your reinforcements are...well...surprised. :D

Gabriel's situation is next. One warrior steps up to help, five monsters approaching, whaddya gonna do?

Hokay, so. With Luck 4, that's 5 Hero Points to start with.

Standard Action: Using my Dazzle 12 (Audio Senses; Extras: Area [General, Burst, 55ft radius]). First, Reflex Save DC 22 for all of them, to determine if they get half or full effect. Another DC 22 Reflex, to see if they actually take the Dazzle effect. If any/all fail that, they'll make subsequent Fort saves, DC 22, with a +1 each round, to get hearing back. Note: this only affects hearing.

Move Action: Float high enough into the air that my next power has no excess cubes left. At 10mph (my Flight when not using my array), I can move up to 100 feet. This should prove sufficient.

Free Action: Spend an HP to switch my Sonic Control Array to a stunted power: Drain Toughness 12 (Area: Shapeable). Reflex DC 22 for half effect, DC 22 Fortitude save against a Rank 12 Drain Toughness.

Extra Effort: Surge: Standard Action: Use the above Drain Toughness power stunt. Spend an HP to negate negative effects of Extra Effort.

This ends my turn, and leaves me with 3 Hero Points.

Well, let's get this done then...

Dazzle Reflex Saves: DC 22 Reflex save (1d20+4=17, 1d20+4=23, 1d20+4=18, 1d20+4=9, 1d20+4=15, 1d20+4=17, 1d20+4=14, 1d20+4=17, 1d20+4=20, 1d20+4=24) (17-17, 23-14, 18-17, 9-20, 15-24) Ok, Beasts 1, 3, 4, and 5 take full effect, Beast 2 takes half. Everyone except Beast 5 fails.

Next, Drain Toughness saves! DC 22 Reflex (1d20+4=15, 1d20+4=20, 1d20+4=23, 1d20+4=15, 1d20+4=5) Beasts 1, 2, 4, and 5 take full effect, Beast 3 does not. Rolling Fortitude: DC 22 Fort Save (1d20+7=18, 1d20+7=24, 1d20+7=17, 1d20+7=23, 1d20+7=9) Ooh, ouch. Beasts 1, 3, and 5 take it on the chin, Beasts 2 and 4 do not.

Final tally:

Beastman Lieutenant 1: Deafened, TOU Drained 12, Unharmed

Beastman Lieutenant 2: Partly Deafened, Unharmed

Beastman Lieutenant 3: Deafened, TOU Drained 6, Unharmed

Beastman Lieutenant 4: Deafened, Unharmed

Beastman Lieutenant 5: TOU Drained 12, Unharmed

Now, for Gabriel's new friend to take advantage! Swing that blade! (1d20+12=14) And he misses. The beastmen, on the other hand...

Three hurl their spears at Gabriel! DC 22 Toughness saves! (1d20+5=9, 1d20+5=10, 1d20+5=24) Ok, if one of them hits that's a DC 22 TOU save from Gabe. The other two leap at your new friend...Beastmen attacking! (1d20+5=7, 1d20+5=25) One misses, but the second one hits him hard! DC 27 Toughness check (1d20+10=27) But he's laughin'.

Ok! Time for Fulcrum and Arcturus. I've increased the number of baddos you've got up to 20 (since Fulcrum made for Arcturus), but I'm sure y'all can handle it. :D

Arcturus is up first, since he's online right now, along with Mr. Halberd and Mr. Greataxe. ;) After that, Fulcrum'll go along with the leader of the group. Let's see some action!

KD, a couple of technicality clarifications: Using Extra Effort is a free action. Spending a Hero Point is a reaction. What you're doing is taking a free action during your turn on this round to use Extra Effort, in this case for a power stunt, temporarily gaining a new feat on your power (in this case, Alternate Power), and at the top of your next round, you spend a Hero Point as a reaction if you don't want to be Fatigued. The fatigue from EE catches up with you you 1 round after you use it, not immediately.

Ok, 19 beats their Defenses...and since the monsters only have +7 Toughness, and Arc's attack is now DC 29...and Arcturus has Takedown Attack...hee.

Post IC Arcturus wading into the 20 beastmen and the proceeding Bloodless Carnage, pleez. After that, I'll throw up an IC with Arc's new best friends going :shock: :o:D , then Fulcrum is up, followed by Push, and the first Flashpoint! :D

And, FYI, here are some points of reference. These are the beastmen, the war beasts look sort of like this, Gabriel's new friend looks like this, and I haven't got a picture for Arcturus's new friends yet. Really, for them and the rest of the army, it's a mishmash of armor and size, but they all basically look heavily armed, armored, and badass. *shrug*

KD, a couple of technicality clarifications: Using Extra Effort is a free action. Spending a Hero Point is a reaction. What you're doing is taking a free action during your turn on this round to use Extra Effort, in this case for a power stunt, temporarily gaining a new feat on your power (in this case, Alternate Power), and at the top of your next round, you spend a Hero Point as a reaction if you don't want to be Fatigued. The fatigue from EE catches up with you you 1 round after you use it, not immediately.
Fair enough. I'm just trying to note the expenditure ahead of time, so that we don't forget about it.