• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Status Report 08/06/11:

My current Virtue characters are:

• [*:336x2hoc]Thrude, Level 23 Magic Brute, Electric Melee / Electric Armor
    [*:336x2hoc]The Maltese Tiger, Level 20 Technology Stalker, Kinetic Melee / Ninjutsu
    [*:336x2hoc]The Skharab, Level 14 Natural Dominator, Mind Control / Psionic Assault

Skharab is still stuck redside, but she's inching closer to 20.

Tiger's unlocked the supergroup beacons for Galaxy City and Steel Canyon. He visted all the locations for Atlas Park, but it looks like someone else already unlocked it for us.

Now that I've got a Stalker running around blueside, I'm going to try to keep snapping up Exploration badges to unlock more beacon locations, and I'm going to try to grind Tip missions to get Alignment Merits, so I can grab some rare invention recipes and fill our coffers. At the moment, I've probably only got about a million and a half Influence at the most between my characters.

Never let it be said I'm afraid to steal a good idea from Shaen:

• [*:1tzg66c4]Jacque of all Blades, Level 36 Magic Scrapper, Fiery Melee / Super Reflexes
    [*:1tzg66c4]The Black Wail, Level 14 Science Corruptor, Sonic Attack / Sonic Resonance

If you want to do a little red side grinding for Wail and Skharab some time, Shaen, let me know.

Just tried out the Beta for Freedom (Issue 21) which is the Free to Play update.

The test server was straining under the weight and I had a few crashes - not suprising as it wasn't built to take even half the volume of people who were on it.

However, from what I saw, the new player experience is quite a quantum leap from the previous City of Heroes. Its got awesome written all over it.

Didn't get a look at the other stuff, but its going to hook more people, for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to take a break for a couple weeks for financial reasons, but I'll be back on CoH soon. And when I am, I'll be back on the Justice server, in The Sanctuary.

I'm sorry, but I can't do this anymore. I don't have the time or energy to split my gaming between two different servers, two different supergroups, two different sets of friends.

If any of you find yourselves on Justice, drop me a line (@ShaenTheBrain) and I'll give you what help I'm able to.

Giz, next time I log in, I'll email you what Influence my Virtue characters have accumulated so far.

Fair enough, Shaen! Once CoH goes free for realsies, we can see if popping everybody over to a different server - potentially Justice - makes sense. It sounds like VIP players will get free transfers pretty regularly, so it shouldn't be too big a hassle.

• 4 months later...

Things To Do In City of Heroes (Blue-Side, as of Issue 21)

I compiled this from a combination of personal experience and culling of ParagonWiki.org and the official forums.

"X-Y(50)" means that the story arc / task force / trial etc. is locked at a certain level range, but either it is repeatable, or you are automatically shifted down to the max level when you join up, or both. Regardless, it means that there's no rush on completing it. That's why I didn't list most of the Trials and Task Forces - they auto-exemp.

Really, there's no rush on hitting most of these, since the majority can be done through the Ouroboros "Flashback" system. However, if you run a mission or story arc through Flashbacks, you won't have any relationship with the actual in-game contact. You'll get the badge, the reward merits, the stuff that matters, but when you click on the contact in the open world, they won't know anything about you, or sell you anything.

If I didn't list a contact, that means that they don't offer story arcs, badge missions, reward merits or souvenirs, just random busywork missions that don't go anywhere and waste your time. If you pull one of those contacts, the only thing they're good for is running enough of their crap-missions for them to introduce you to someone who matters.

Tutorial

1-7

Matthew Habashy

>Sondra Costel (or Officer Fields, but Sondra's got the better story)

>>Aaron Thiery

5-9

Jose Brogan, Vic Johannson, or Rachel Torres

>Maurice Feldon or Tony Kord – Negotiator Badge Mission (“Get The Clockwork Out of The Warehouse Before The Skulls Get Involvedâ€)

David Wincott

>Flux

Twinshot

5-10

Kings Row Detective – Atlas Park Safeguard Mission (Badges, Temp Power)

10-14

Lorenzo Dicosta, Wes Schnabel, or Willy Starbuck – Bonefire Story Arc (“Stop The Gang Warâ€)

Carla Brunelli, Athena Currie, or Everett Daniels – The Clockwork Captive Story Arc (“Clean Out The Clockwork Warehouseâ€)

Jill Pastor, Kyle Peck, or Tristan Caine – The Vahzilok Pollutant Plot Story Arc (“Stop The Vahzilok Slaughterâ€)

Trevor Seaborn, Haley Phillips, or Hugo Redding – Spelunker Badge Mission (“Rescue Fortune Teller From The Circle of Thornsâ€)

Julius

Twinshot

10-15

Detective (Kings Row, Steel Canyon, or Skyway City) – Kings Row Safeguard Mission (Badges, Temp Power)

10-20(50)

Theoden – Who Will Die? Part 1

10-50

Admissions Officer Lenk – Invention Tutorial (Badge)

Montague Castanella – Lost and Found Story Arc (“Rescue Percy Winkleyâ€)

12-14

Talshak

12-15

Karsis – Cavern of Transcendence Trial

15-19

Olivia Chung, Ann-Marie Engles, Pavel Garnier, or Juliana Nehring:

>Plague Stopper Badge Mission (“Find and Destroy The Containers The Vahzilok Are Using To Store The Diseaseâ€)

>The Vahzilok Plague Story Arc (“Take The Scanning Device and Use It On Any Vahzilok You Seeâ€)

Wyatt Anderson, Maggie Greene, Jake Montoya, or Colleen Saramago – The Mind of A King Story Arc (“Find A Clockwork Power Source For X To Studyâ€)

Kong Bao, Vitaly Cherenko, Virginia Hoffman, or Thao Ku – The Tsoo Shenanigans Story Arc (“Pick Up The Tsoo Data From Juliana Nehringâ€)

Jim Temblor

>Penelope Yin

Twinshot

15-20

Detective (Steel Canyon, Skyway City, or Faultline) – Skyway City Safeguard Mission (Badges, Temp Power)

15-25

Warzone Agent Eckman in Bloody Bay

>Risk Taker Badge

>Vigilante Badge

>Agent Provocateur Badge

(If you miss this level range, you can get these badges from contacts in other, higher-level PvP zones.)

15-25(50)

Bloody Bay Shivan Shard

20-24

Dr. Cheng, Oliver Haak, Piper Irving, Josef Keller, Andrea Mitchell, or Cain Royce

>Spirit Warrior Badge Mission (“Stop Both Groups of Mystic Madmenâ€)

>The Wheel of Destruction Story Arc (“Stop The Warriors From Stealing The Museum's Artifactsâ€)

Jim Bell, Dennis Ewell, Tyler French, Amanda Loomis, Hinckley Rasmussen, or Manuel Ruiz

>The Tsoo Coup Story Arc (“Hit The Streets of Talos Island and Take Down As Many Tsoo As You Canâ€)

Oswald Cuthbert, Wilson Eziquerra, Barry Gosford, Justin Greene, Rondel Jackson, or John Strobel

>The Sky Raider Secret Story Arc (“Stop The Sky Raider Attackâ€)

Claire Childress, Andrew Fiore, Vic Garland, Jake Kim, Hugh McDougal, or Wilma Peterson

>Pwnz Badge Mission (“Retrieve The Stolen Weapons From The Freakshowâ€)

>A Hand of Iron Story Arc (“Prevent Freakshow From Making Off With The Electronicsâ€)

Doc Delilah

>Agent G

Stephanie Peebles

>Long Jack

Mercedes Sheldon

>The Dirge of Chaos Story Arc

>The Magic Man Story Arc

>The Crown of Glory Story Arc

20-25

Detective (Talos Island, Independence Port, or Faultine) – Steel Canyon Safeguard Mission (Badges, Temp Power)

20-29

Keith Nance

>Jenni Adair

Roy Cooling

Mistress Eva

>Doorman

>>Nadia

>>>Palatine

>>>>Noble Savage

>>>>>Katie Douglas

>>>>>>Blind Makwa

>>>>>>>Cerulean

>>>>>>>>Master Midnight

>>>>>>>>>Vanessa DeVore

>Roadflare

>Trina Furst

>Vickers

>Angela Hu

>Mr. Caldoun

20-30(50)

Michael Binocolo – Who Will Die? Part 2

20-50

City Representative – Cape

Serge at Icon (Steel Canyon) - 2nd Costume Slot

24-33

Jane Hallaway – 1st Terra Volta Respecification Trial

25-29

Miriam Bloechl or Laura Brunetti

>Mystical Savior Badge Mission (“Track Down The Pantheon and Rescue The Mysticsâ€)

>The Scroll of Tielekku Story Arc (“Find Out What's So Interesting To The Banished Pantheon and The Warriorsâ€)

Ashwin Lannister or Laurie Pennington

>Redeemer Badge Mission (“Go Talk With Alexanderâ€)

>Letter From Requiem Story Arc (“Stop The Council Raidâ€)

Christine Lansdale – The Mysterious General Z Story Arc (“Thwart The Assassination Attemptâ€)

Lorenzo Tate or Eliza Thorpe – An Unnatural Order Story Arc (“Defeat The Devouring Earth Before They Can Mount A Full Attackâ€)

Collin Larson or Marvin Weintraub – The Freaklympics Story Arc (“Stop The Office Rampagesâ€)

Tobias Hansen

>Lars Hansen

Gordon Bower

>Skipper LeGrange

25-30

Detective (Talos Island or Independence Port) – Independence Port Safeguard Mission (Badges, Temp Power)

25-50

The Pilgrim – Ouroboros Initiation

30-34

Allison King or Peter Stemitz

>The Library of Souls Story Arc (“Rescue Edgard Torvaldâ€)

Jose Escalante or Marisel Valenzuela

>The Rise of The Vampyri Story Arc (“Take Out The Council's Supplies To Cripple Their Planâ€)

Phillipa Meraux

>War Wall Defender Badge Mission (“Rescue The Engineers and Prevent The Rikit From Bringing Down The Force Fieldsâ€)

>Corporate Culture Story Arc (“Stop The Freakshow Raidâ€)

Jenny Firkins or Lou Pasterelli – The Unity Plague Story Arc (“Rescue The Scientists From The Devouring Earthâ€)

Tina Chung or Neal Kendrick

>Corrupter Badge Mission (“Rescue The O'Gaffney Law Firm From The Circle of Thornsâ€)

>The Freakshow War Story Arc (“Go To The Office and Save The Reporters From The Freakshowâ€)

Kelly Nemmers

>Buck Salinger

30-35

Detective (Brickstown or Founders Falls) – Talos Island Safeguard Mission (Badges, Temp Power)

30-38(50)

Warburg Nukes

30-40(50)

Agent Kwahu – Who Will Die? Part 3

Dakota Berg – Who Will Die? Part 4

30-50

City Representative – Aura

Lauren at Icon (Independence Port) - 3rd Costume Slot

Percy Winkley

34-43

James Harlan - 2nd Terra Volta Respecification Trial

35-39

Cadao Kestrel

>Frontline Badge Mission (“Stop The Circle of Thorns From Contacting An Alternate Worldâ€)

>The Envoy of Shadows Story Arc (“Investigate The Scene In Kings Row and Recover The Bookâ€)

Colleen Nelson – A Path Into Darkness Story Arc (“Capture Council Soldiers Before They Flee The Countryâ€)

Steven Sheridan – The Organ Grinders Story Arc (“Investigate The Crey Labâ€)

Gordon Stacy

>The Doctor's Ally Badge Mission (“Investigate The Hacker Known As The Doctorâ€)

>Revenant Hero Project Story Arc (“Read The Email From The Doctorâ€)

Ginger Yates – The Terra Conspiracy Story Arc (“Stop The Devouring Erath From Stealing The Technologyâ€)

Anton Sampson – Mass Duplicity Story Arc (“Intercept The Weapons Shipmentâ€)

35-40

Detective (Brickstown or Founders Falls) – Brickstown Safeguard Mission (Badges, Temp Power)

35-50

Senator Decimus Aquila

Levantera

40-44

Madeleine Casey – To Save A Soul Story Arc (“Check Out The Carnival of Shadows Partyâ€)

Indigo – Missing Melvin and The Mysterious Malta Group (“Rescue Indigo's Anonymous Contactâ€)

Tina MacIntyre

>Emancipator Badge Mission (“The Clockwork King's Psychic Signalâ€)

>Multidimensional Badge Mission (“The Hydra Dimensionâ€)

>The Anti-Matter Collision / The Instant Army Story Arc (“Look Into Disturbance At Portal Corp Labâ€)

Janet Kellum – The Evil Countess Crey Story Arc (“Find Pamela Thompson's Missing Daughter Julianneâ€)

Maxwell Christopher

>Meteorologist Badge Mission (“Nemesis Weather Controlâ€)

>The Eternal Nemesis Story Arc (“Find Solid Evidence of The Connection Between Lockhart and Nemesisâ€)

Angus McQueen – Division: Line Story Arc (“Stop The Rikti Experiment and The Battle On The Streetâ€)

40-45

Detective (Peregrine Island) – Founders Falls Safeguard Mission (Badges, Temp Power)

40-50

Daedalus

Serpent Drummer

44-50

Richard Flagg - 3rd Terra Volta Respecification Trial

45-50

Harvey Maylor – Upon The Psychic Plane Story Arc (“Find Ellie Weissmanâ€)

Crimson

>Bodyguard Badge Mission (“The Rikti Negotiatorâ€)

>Project: World Wide Red Story Arc (“Find Out Why A Chinese Ambassador Would Have A Malta Group Gunslinger As His Bodyguardâ€)

Unai Kemen

>Multidimensional Badge Mission (“Get Some Samples of Hydra Man DNAâ€)

>To Save A Thousand Worlds Story Arc (“Find The Missing Scientistsâ€)

Maria Jenkins

>Shrouded Badge Mission (“Take Down Nightstarâ€)

>Agent Badge Mission (“Defeat Maurauder and Destroy The Portalâ€)

>A Hero's Epic Story Arc (“Fix The Scannerâ€)

Detective (Peregrine Island) – Peregrine Island Safeguard Mission (Badges, Temp Power)

Gaussian

>The Dark Watcher

Mender Ramiel – Alpha Slot

After this, it's all Incarnate Content.

• 8 months later...