Now You're Moving With Wormholes [OOC]

Dariusprime

Stupid non-technological 'robots'! :argh:

That's definitely 3 hits. 4, if he's flat-footed (which he probably should be, since he failed the Sense motive check and believed the golems were obeying him like all good lil' giant deathbots should), though I'd also argue that if that's the case, that'd be enough of a setback to earn an HP.

Fortunately, Dok's cloak still has some force field with it, so he's not totally hosed.

Four DC 30 Toughness saves (1d20+15=28, 1d20+15=29, 1d20+15=28, 1d20+15=27)

1st fails by 2, that's a Bruise (and -1 on all future Toughness saves)

2nd fails by 1 (2 due to Bruise), that's another Bruise (and another -1 on all future Toughness saves)

3rd fails by 2 (4 due to Bruise x2), that's another Bruise (and another -1 on all future Toughness saves)

4th fails by 3 (6 due to Bruise x3), that's another Bruise (and -1 on all future Toughness saves) + Stunned for one round

Concentration check to maintain Force Field (DC 10 + power rank of 11 = 21) (1d20+5=25)

Concentration check to maintain Flight (DC 10 + power rank of 7 = 17) (1d20+5=14)

Concentration check to maintain Flight (DC 10 + power rank of 7 = 17); HP re-roll (1d20+5=13) +10 = 23 = passes

End result: 4 Bruises, Stunned for a round, but his Force Field & Flight are still up, so he's still glowing & hanging 30 feet in the air. 5 HP (1 Base + Luck 4 + 1 from setback -1 from Flight Concentration check reroll). Could've been a lot worse!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is trying to lead them away from where Fulcrum & Co. went, so he is

* checking behind occasionally to make sure they're following

* moving fast enough to keep ahead of them (based on how fast he presumes those giant wolves can move), but not so fast they lost sight of him

* he is trying to be heard, again so that they'll keep on him

Ok, since Dok can go 1000 feet as a move action with that nice shiny belt, you can easily keep ahead of them but not lose them. I'll need a Notice check if you're trying to see how many are following you while moving (it is a dark night and these guys are in full black plate, so...). Are you going to take 20 on the Notice check as before?

As a GM, I prefer to let the player detail their method, and then assign rolls accordingly. ;) But, to answer your question, I would judge this as a prime time to use the Trick option under the Bluff skill, as you are potentially trying to lure them into doing a decidedly unwise action. As you are (technically) not in combat, I will rule that there is no -5 penalty. Or you could possibly use Fascinate to distract them from the fact that they are about to tumble over the edge of an embankment, but that might be a stretch.

And as for how far the river is, since Dok can go 1000 feet as a move action, you can reach it within that space easily. It's a fairly wide river cutting between the trees, someone could easily go charging out and fall right in; although you can't tell how deep it is.

Fascinate would not fit, since Fascinate just makes them sit/stand and listen. Trick is the way to go!

Move Action: Switch from Enhanced Wis to Enhanced Cha

Free Action: Extra Effort to SURGE

Move Action: Keep flying!

Standard Action: Bluff/Trick

Bluff/Trick check (1d20+13=16)

No, that won't do.

Bluff/Trick check; HP re-roll (1d20+13=17) :argh: But HP reroll = +10 if die is

Now down to 4 HP

IC post to follow

Indeed. He's going back to where they first appeared, then going in the direct where he saw them go. He should (he thinks) be able to track their trail (using Enhanced Wis for Notice & Enhance Int for Search) -- even without being able to use his Electromagnetic Screwdriver to track her Terminus Radiation, he should still be able to track footprints (and pawprints of pursuing wolves!), broken branches, etc.

I should also add that he's going fully cloaked, too: he knows there are two other hunters out there, so there's no sense in leaving himself open to ambush by them!

Heh. Wasn't a bad idea considering the snapped twigs and branches she'd leave behind, the big bear. Now of course rising above the canopy is another story altogether.

She's probably moving about 100 or so, trying to lose the pursuers before correcting to their original course!

Oh no, perfectly fine. In fact, with that landmark, would either of you mind having Archeville or Fulcrum make either a Notice or a Knowledge (Earth Sciences) check; this area they're flying over is beginning to look awfully familiar...

Ok, already told Darius this, now for Dok. ;)

Dok, you note as you are traveling to meet Fulcrum that the area looks awfully similar to the environs near Schloss Wissenschaft! The Black Forest, to be precise, a mile or two away from the castle itself; the small mountain Fulcrum noted as a landmark is a dead giveaway.

Make an IC post accordingly, and then we'll have Reinhard lead you to the safe place.

• 2 weeks later...

I asked Quinn, he said it's a DC 35 Notice or Search check to spot the camouflaged sentries.

Without his Enhanced Wis up, and without his Gadgets aiding him, Dok can (thanks to Quickness) Take 20 on a Notice check and get 30.

With Enhanced Wis, and without his Gadgets aiding him, Dok can (thanks to Quickness) Take 20 on a Notice check and get 38.

Round 1

HAM!

Round 2

Move Action: Switch from Enhanced Cha to Enhanced Wis

Free Action: Notice check

Free Action: Extra Effort for a Power Stunt off his Teleport {16pp}

Damage 0 (Extras: Area [burst, Targeted], Selective Attack to 2 ranks of unarmed/sneak attack damage; PFs: enough Progression [Area] to encompass area)

Move Action: Thwack every sentry on the back of the head (pulling the punch enough to not actually do any damage, not even a Bruise)

Targeted Area attack roll (1d20+8=11) No

Targeted Area attack roll; HP re-roll (1d20+8=10) :argh: Okay, HP adds 10, so that actually hits Defense 20. And, hopefully, this is enough of a surprise thing that they're flat-footed, increasing the odds of hitting.

Down 1 HP, Belt will be Fatigued starting next round.

Round 3

Free Action: HP to nix Fatigue from Belt (so down 2 HP total)

Move Action: Switch back to Enhanced Cha

MOAR HAM!

Ok, for my own reference:

Frau Ärztin Viktoria Archeville = Gadgeteer Genius (Ecal), Erschossen (Deadshot) = Sharpshooter (Ecal), Klinge aus dem Schwarzwald (Blade of the Black Forest) = Swashbuckler (Ecal), Tier (Brute) = Street Level Powerhouse (Ecal), Keine-Seite (No-Hand) = Martial Artist (Geez), Höllenfeuer (Hellfire) = Double Standard (Geez).

Looking at the numbers; all of them are going to be caught unawares, but I'm going to say the leader isn't and give Dok an HP. Herr Viktor Archeville, meet Frau Viktoria Archeville! :D

All Out Attack (+5 Attack, -5 Defense) Shock Wand Covering! (1d20+13=27)

Let's hope she doesn't have to use that, shall we? Better talk fast!