Power Level: 10

Characters Name: Benjamin Bryson

Alternate Identity: The Mind

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 230 lbs

Hair: Black

Eyes: Green

Description:

(Out of costume) A man in his late 20s, long straight hair that reaches his shoulders pulled back and held by a rubberband, clean cut full beard that doesn't hang off of his face, wireframe glasses tinted red, black slacks and leather belt, penny loafers with no socks, black or white t-shirt, always carries a large book bag of notebooks (it also hides the suit)

(in costume) A white padded suit of thick but flexible armor covers his body. A mask covers the bottom of his face up to his eyes. His hair is no longer tied up and his glasses are gone.

History: "They said I was tampering with things man wasn't supposed to tamper with. THE FOOLS! What do they think science was meant for?! Just because I broke down the brain into a simple machine? Don't they know the good this could do? Apparently not. They cut my funding and arrested me. My family is gone. My former friends think I'm a 'quack'. But they'll see. I'll do good for this city, even if I do have to go through... criminal means."

Stats:

Str: 14 (+2)

Dex: 14 (+2)

Con: 14 (+2)

Int: 20 (+5)

Wis: 14 (+2)

Cha: 14 (+2)

BAB: +0 (+10 with range)

BDB: +0 (+10 with costume)

Initiative: +2

Saves:

Toughness: +2 (+10 with costume)

Fortitude: +6

Reflex: +6

Will: +7

Skills: Bluff 15 (+17), Craft (electronics) 15 (+20), Knowledge (Behavioral Science) 15 (+20), Knowledge (Life Science) 15 (+20), Knowledge (Physical Science) 15 (+20), Knowledge (Technology) 15 (+20), Perception 15 (+17), Sense Motive 15 (+17)

Feats: Attack Focus (Range) 10, Inventor, Fearless, Quick Change 2

Powers: Device 17 (hard to lose, costume)

Enhanced Defense 10

Protection 10 (Extra: Impervious)

Mind Control 10 (Flaw: Ranged (-1); Extras: Continuous (+2), Conscious (+1); Power Feats: Subtle 2)

AP: Mind Reading 10 (Flaw: Ranged (-1); Extra: Sustained (+1), Reaction/Free (+3); Power Feats: Subtle 2)

AP: Emotion Control 10 (Flaw: Ranged (-1); Extras: Continuous (+1), Conscious (+1); Power Feats: Subtle 2)

AP: Sleep 10 (Flaw: Unreliable (5 charges, recharge by making more) (-1); Extra: Sustained (+2), Alt Save (Will) (+0); Power Feat: Sedation)

Costs: Abilities (25) + Combat (00) + Saves (13) + Skills (30) + Feats (14) + Powers (68) = 150pp

Players Name: Sandman XI

Description:

(Out of costume) A man in his late 20s, long straight hair that reaches his shoulders pulled back and held by a rubberband, clean cut full beard that doesn't hang off of his face, wireframe glasses tinted red, black slacks and leather belt, penny loafers with no socks, black or white t-shirt, always carries a large book bag of notebooks (it also hides the suit)

(in costume) A white padded suit of thick but flexible armor covers his body. A mask covers the bottom of his face up to his eyes. His hair is no longer tied up and his glasses are gone.

History: "They said I was tampering with things man wasn't supposed to tamper with. THE FOOLS! What do they think science was meant for?! Just because I broke down the brain into a simple machine? Don't they know the good this could do? Apparently not. They cut my funding and arrested me. My family is gone. My former friends think I'm a 'quack'. But they'll see. I'll do good for this city, even if I do have to go through... criminal means."

Stats:

Saves:

Skills: Bluff 15 (+17), Craft (electronics) 15 (+20), Knowledge (Behavioral Science) 15 (+20), Knowledge (Life Science) 15 (+20), Knowledge (Physical Science) 15 (+20), Knowledge (Technology) 15 (+20), Perception 15 (+17), Sense Motive 15 (+17)

Enhanced Defense 10

Mind Control 10 (Flaw: Ranged (-1); Extras: Continuous (+2), Conscious (+1); Power Feats: Subtle 2)

AP: Mind Reading 10 (Flaw: Ranged (-1); Extra: Sustained (+1), Reaction/Free (+3); Power Feats: Subtle 2)

AP: Emotion Control 10 (Flaw: Ranged (-1); Extras: Continuous (+1), Conscious (+1); Power Feats: Subtle 2)

AP: Sleep 10 (Flaw: Unreliable (5 charges, recharge by making more) (-1); Extra: Sustained (+2), Alt Save (Will) (+0); Power Feat: Sedation)

Costs: Abilities (25) + Combat (00) + Saves (13) + Skills (30) + Feats (14) + Powers (68) = 150pp

Description:

Stats:

Saves:

Enhanced Defense 10

VM helped me a bit here. So, take 2, *snap* and... rolling!

Description:

Stats:

BAB: +10

BDB: +0

Saves:

Fortitude: +7

Reflex: +7

Feats: Inventor, Fearless, Quick Change 1

Powers: Device 13 (hard to lose, costume)

Costs: Abilities (30) + Combat (20) + Saves (15) + Skills (30) + Feats (03) + Powers (52) = 150pp

Description:

Stats:

Saves:

Costs: Abilities (30) + Combat (20) + Saves (15) + Skills (30) + Feats (03) + Powers (52) = 150pp

Description:

Stats:

Saves:

Okay, we talked through some things in the forum, and I'm getting the idea that having all attack focus is not, in fact, a bad thing. However, having all dodge bonus and no BDB is bad. I tend to agree. Since you now have full BAB, and no BDB at all, (indeed, no defense whatsoever) I would suggest putting some points into BDB.

And you are technically still over caps on toughness, (your CON bonus counts towards it) so you only have to use 63 of your 65 points in your Device.

EDIT: Also note that just because you have continuous Mind Control, doesn't mean you can keep on using it if you switch array powers. Something to keep in mind.

EDIT, the second: Mind! Ha! I just got it! :rotfl:

EDIT, the third: It's sad that i make myself laugh... :cry:

Joking aside, we're talking about allowing the Continuous Mind Control. That might not work out here.

Okay, we talked through some things in the forum, and I'm getting the idea that having all attack focus is not, in fact, a bad thing. However, having all dodge bonus and no BDB is bad. I tend to agree. Since you now have full BAB, and no BDB at all, (indeed, no defense whatsoever) I would suggest putting some points into BDB.

And you are technically still over caps on toughness, (your CON bonus counts towards it) so you only have to use 63 of your 65 points in your Device.

EDIT: Also note that just because you have continuous Mind Control, doesn't mean you can keep on using it if you switch array powers. Something to keep in mind.

Joking aside, we're talking about allowing the Continuous Mind Control. That might not work out here.

Okay, we're not allowing Continuous Mind Control. Sorry. It's too powerful in a one-on-one setting, which is what we get here for the most part. It's the same story with Emotion Control.

Also, I'm not quite sure how Reaction Mind Reading helps you. It's not like you can read minds while you're asleep or unconscious. Try buying up your ranges on those powers.

Okay, we're not allowing Continuous Mind Control. Sorry. It's too powerful in a one-on-one setting, which is what we get here for the most part. It's the same story with Emotion Control.

Also, I'm not quite sure how Reaction Mind Reading helps you. It's not like you can read minds while you're asleep or unconscious. Try buying up your ranges on those powers.