Whole Kit and Kaddishle [IC]

"[bg=#000000]Nice work,[/bg]" the flying head said as it turned to Death!Grim, its voice carrying an eerie flanged reverb effect which made the sigh of its dangling entrails just a touch worse. "[bg=#000000]Nice threads, too.[/bg]"

"Thanks. AAAAHHHH!" The specter raised her arms in a menacing fashion, prompting the supremacist to curl into an even tighter fetal ball; satisfied, she returned to her normal form. "Yeah, looks like he's good and spooked, alright; lemme give the cops a ring." Grim flipped out her phone and hit speed dial. "You did pretty awesome, too, DH, but can you-" She grimaced slightly as she waved here hand at the revenant's state. "Uh, compose yourself?"

She quickly explained everything to the police, then sighed as she put her phone away. "Sadly we can't re-inter the bodies ourselves, since this is technically still a crime scene; that being said-" She conjured up some ground cloths to drape over the remains, allowing the dead at least some dignity. When that was done, she made herself a low wooden stool and took a seat as she wearily rubbed her face.

"I'll never really understand anti-Semitism, or grave desecration for that matter; sometimes people just make me sick."

"[bg=#000000]Hunh?,[/bg]" the flying head asked, honestly unsure what Grim was referring to. Then the pieces lined up, "[bg=#000000]oh, right, that! Yeah, gimme a sec... hey, c'mere, you![/bg]" he called out to the headless body, which was stumbling blindly through the graveyard, stepping on the cultists as it went.

~Heeheehee~

Soon the two were reunite, organs sliding back into place and the neck rejoining so well one would think it had never split. "[bg=#000000]It's scapegoatin',[/bg]mostly. Folks is always lookin' t'find someone else to blame their problems on, lookin' fer some outsider t'oppose. I hope I see an end t'it... someday." He walked over to a spot where White Knight had been standing, knelt down, and patted a Mutt-sized section of air, "y'okay, boy? C'mon, wake up... wake up... yeah, that's a good boy!"

Less than five minutes after her call, the FCPD arrived, along with a STAR Squad truck, to haul White Knight and the cultists away. Dead Head stayed out of their lights, sitting behind some tall headstones.

Once all the city employees left the crime scene, Grim cupped her hands and called out like a grade schooler. "Dead Head, come out, come out, wherever you are! Olly olly oxen free!" The police had told her to leave the re-interment to the cemetery staff, so she moved some distance away from the open graves. It saddened her to see them lying open like wounds in the earth, the coffins exposed to the night sky; perhaps she and 'Head should spend the night, so they wouldn't be so lonely.

Hmm, guess his point of view starts to rub off on ya.

While the cops worked and Grimalkin spoke with them, Dead Head did not sit idle. He mentally called out to the spirits around the graveyard, a task made easier by how restless the night's activities had made them. It did not take long to whistle up the resident of the grave White Knight and his cultists had desecrated. She appeared to him as a short, plump, elderly woman, in a simple dress with an apron over it, and a babushka upon her head.

[bg=#000000]Oh! Can't a poor grandmother get some sleep?![/bg]

Of course, ma'am, so sorry to disturb ya, ma'am. We's just gettin' the last of them crooks out now.

[bg=#000000]Oh, look what they did to my bed! It was made so nicely, too. (The spirit sighed)[/bg]

I know, ma'am, what they did was a terrible thing. We're gonna get the rabbi on it first thing. While we wait, ah, is there anything ya'd like ta share? I'm sure ya lead a fascinatin' life. Is there anythin' troublin' ya can help y'out with?

And this was why Dead Head did not repsond when Grim called out for him -- he was listening to the story of her life and death. If she went looking for him, she would find him, sitting behind a tall headstone, listening and nodding along to... nothing.

It didn't take long for Grim to find him, since she just followed her nose like Toucan Sam. It looked like he was talking to someone she couldn't see; maybe the ghost dog again? She was about to call out, but the look on Dead Head's face was so intent she didn't want to interrupt. Instead she opted to conjure up a stone bench, some distance away but still within his eyeline, and patently took a seat; it was strange how witnessing an act of desecration made her feel more reverent, like she was back in schul.

I guess the eyes of God are upon me...and why wouldn't they be?

She closed her eyes and said a prayer.

Dead Head nodded and stared off a bit longer after Grim appeared next to him, but in time he did turn to see her. "Oh, hey, Grim! Oh, where are mah manner? Grim, this here's," he nodded towards the empty space he'd been staring off into, "Mrs. Rebecca Serxner. Mrs. Serxner, this here's Grim, the gal what helped me save yer bed from them nasty... well, you know."

[bg=#000000]Oh, such a thin girl![/bg]

"Oh, I's sure she gets enough t'eat, ma'am, it's jes' the moonlight makin' her look that way."

[bg=#000000]Hrm. And what's a girl like that doing running around at this time of night, anyway?[/bg]

"She's a big girl ma'am," he gave Grim a wink, "and she's only out 'cuz she wants t'help folks, help her people. Surely that's a good thing, right?"

Lynn felt a nuzzle at her hand; looking down she aw Mutt fading into view, looking up as any dog hoping for a rub behind the ears would look.

"Oh, hey, Grim! Oh, where are mah manner? Grim, this here's," he nodded towards the empty space he'd been staring off into, "Mrs. Rebecca Serxner. Mrs. Serxner, this here's Grim, the gal what helped me save yer bed from them nasty... well, you know."

Dismissing the bench, Grim approached the two(?) of them, bobbed her head and waved at the empty space. "Nice to meet you, Mrs Serxner; I'm Lynn Epstein, aka Grimalkin."

"Oh, I's sure she gets enough t'eat, ma'am, it's jes' the moonlight makin' her look that way."

Grim had to hide a huge smile; it seemed that some aspects of Jewishness crossed over to the other side unchanged.

"She's a big girl ma'am," he gave Grim a wink, "and she's only out 'cuz she wants t'help folks, help her people. Surely that's a good thing, right?"

Seeing the hound appear by her side, the shapeshifter dropped down to one knee and gave him a good scratch behind the ears, then turned her attention back to the ghost she couldn't see.

"Mrs Serxner, I'm so sorry for what happened to your resting place; me and Dead Head are gonna make sure that everything's taken care of, including having a rabbi come by." She looked around the grounds. "You might remember my grandfather, Louis Silberman? He ran a bookstore in the neighborhood, which he left me to run." Then she nervously looked between the unseen spirit and the revenant. "Uh, I don't know if either of you have...y'know, spoken with him recently."