Charisma: 16 (+3)

Combat: 10 + 8 = 18PP

Initiative: +1

Attack: +5, +7 Ring

Grapple: +6

Defense: +7 (+4 Base, +3 Dodge Focus), +2 Flat Footed

Knockback: -1, -11 with Ring

Saving Throws: 5 + 2 + 8 = 15PP

Toughness: +3/+13 (+3 Con, +10 Force Field) (Impervious 10)

Fortitude: +8 (+3 Con, +5)

Reflex: +3 (+1 Dex, +2)

Will: +13 (+5 Wis, +8)

Skills: 52R = 13PP

Concentration 12 (+17)

Intimidate 15 (+18)

Knowledge (Arcana) 8 (+10)

Notice 11 (+16)

Sense Motive 10 (+15)

Feats: 9PP

All Out Attack

Dodge Focus 3

Luck 2

Power Attack

Startle 2

Powers: 64 = 64pp

Power Ring - Hard to Lose Device 16 (80pp pool) [64pp]

Enhanced Feats 2 (Fearless, Quickchange) [2pp]

Force Field 10 Extras: Impervious 10 [20pp]

Flight 7 (1,000 mph, 10,000fpr) PF: Move By Action [15pp]

Psycho-construct Manipulation Array 19.5 (39pp, 3 AP's, Accurate) [43pp]

* BE: Blast 13 Extras: Concentration Duration

* AP: Blast 13 Extras: Autofire

* AP: Damage 13 Extras: Targeted Area Cone, Selective

* AP: Create Object 12 Extras: Movable; PF: Progression 2, Precise,

Drawbacks: (-0) + (-0) = -0PP

DC Block:

Abilities (30) + Combat (18) + Saving Throws (16) + Skills (13) + Feats (9) + Powers (64) - Drawbacks (0) = 150/150 Power Points

NOTES

And now we got ourselves a Ring bearer. I went with the one empowered by rage. There would likely be a slew of complications for this character, most notably a Temper complication. Such a character is also quite unlikely to be heroic, unless they are the type of hero that was Blessed with Suck, and even then this is at best a gray area. But gosh-darnit, I love me some characters with anger issues.

There's really not that much to say about this character. You are scary and you hurt people (see also: the previous statement that you are likely not a hero). The Concentration duration on Blast, like in my Volcana build, represents some sort of near continuous form of damage. Maybe the energy you blast is corrosive and will continue to eat away at everything around you. Unlike many ring bears, you are not a space cop, and your trips will be quite short as you will run out of air very quickly.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orange Tier Blockbuster: T-Wrecks - The Killing Machine (PL 15 - 275pp)

gallery_432_24_154582.jpg

Abilities: 16 + 4 + 20 + 0 + 4 + (-2) = 42PP
Strength: 26/50 (+8/+20)
Dexterity: 14 (+2)
Constitution: 30/42 (+10/+16)
Intelligence: 10 (+0)
Wisdom: 14 (+2)
Charisma: 8 (-1)

Combat: 28 + 16 = 44PP
Initiative: +2
Attack: +14 base, +10 Melee, +15 w/Weapons Array
Grapple: +46
Defense: +10 (+8 Base, +6 Dodge Focus, -4 Size), +0 Flat-Footed
Knockback: -29

Saving Throws: 0 + 5 + 8 = 13PP
Toughness: +20 (+10/+16 Con, +4 Protection)
Fortitude: +10/+16 (+10/+16 Con, +0)
Reflex: +7 (+2 Dex, +5)
Will: +10 (+2 Wis, +8)

Skills: 52R = 13PP
Intimidate 20 (+25)
Notice 16 (+18)
Survival 16 (+18)

Feats: 9PP
All Out Attack
Attack Focus Ranged 1
Finishing Blow
Last Stand
Power Attack
Startle 2
Track
Ultimate Toughness

Powers: 37 + 18 + 32 + 3 + 4 + 68 = 162pp

Growth 12 Extras: Permanent (+0); PF: Innate [37pp]

Strength +24
Constitution +12
Grapple +12
Intimidate +6
Size modifier: -4
Stealth modifier: -12
Carrying Capacity: +15

Protection 4 Extras: Impervious 15; Drawback: Noticeable [18pp]
Immunity 32 (Fatigue, Life Support, Interaction Skills, Mental Effects, Aging, Starvation & Thirst, Need for Sleep) [32pp]
Speed 3 (50mph, 500fpr) [3pp]
Super-Senses 4 (Infravision, low light vision, Extended Scent) [4pp]

Weapons Array 30 PF: Accurate x2, Improved Critical 2 [68pp]
* BE: Blast 15 Extras: Autonomous (+2) - Autocannon
* AP: Blast 15 Extras: Autofire x2 (1:1, +5) - Gatling Guns
* AP: Blast 15 Extras: General Area Burst, Secondary Effect - Missile Salvo
* AP: Paralyze 15 Extras: Ranged, Poison, Alternative Save (Fortitude) - Deadly Neurotoxin
* AP: Drain Toughness 15 Extras: General Area Cone LINKED Dazzle 15 (auditory) Extras: General Area Cone; Flaws: Touch Range - Sonic Roar

Drawbacks: (-4) + (-4) = -8PP
No Fine Manipulators [-4pp]
Mute (can only roar) [-4pp]

Abilities (42) + Combat (44) + Saving Throws (13) + Skills (13) + Feats (9) + Powers (162) - Drawbacks (8) = 275/275 Power Points

Ok, so I'm cheating a bit here by exceeding our maximum power point cap, but screw it, I wanted to make this as a father's day present (or whatever better excuse I come up with at some later date). But what're you looking at me for?! It's a T-Rex Tank! It's awesome!

I didn't use the standard T-Rex build from the core rule book, because in general, I don't like the NPC's from the core book. For instance, they only give the T-Rex a Str of 28. That'd be good for like your average gorilla or a bear. But I'm all pretty sure you realize a T-Rex is a heck of a lot bigger. So I made it a whole heck of a lot stronger. Then I decided this was a super-T-Rex and I took things up another notch.

I also split the difference between a "realistic" T-Rex and a cinematic T-Rex. Realistically, T-Rex was a scavenger. He'd smell things from nearly miles away, spend an hour slowly lumbering towards it, scare off anything that happened to be nearby the kill, and then om nom nom himself some lunch. Cinematically, T-Rex was a 4-wheeling, all-terrain murder machine. He'd run, purposefully get into fights and chomp on anything that came by. So I went ahead and took the best of both worlds, and then ramped that up a bit. I also dropped the Strike power for the bite. I do this quite often for dragons and other very large critters. I do this because I consider the sharpness of their attack to be quite inconsequential in comparison to the rest of the power behind the attack. Plus in Jurassic Park, whenever the T-Rex munched on someone there was a crunch sound and not a chomp sound.

Then after all that, I added the Tank part of the T-Rex with one of the most stupidly powerful Weapon Arrays I've every drawn up. Autonomous is from that book we never mention, and it's basically a Free Action Attack. It comes with a few limitations however. Firstly, it must make its attack at the very beginning of your turn, and it only makes one attack. Secondly, if you let the gun do its thing, it effectively shuts down the rest of the Weapons Array for the rest of the turn, meaning you can't make an attack with any of the other AP settings, and must settle for the chomping with the rest of your actions. Conversely, you could chose to forgo this free attack at the beginning of your turn, which allows for the full suite to be used as normal. My favorite setting is the Sonic Roar, which structurally damages everything in the area, in addition to being really fricken loud. He's got a computer built into his tiny dinosaur brain making him much smarter, and there are robotic parts throughout that mitigate many of the short comings of his fleshiness. He has the basic instincts of a T-Rex, which is find a territory for yourself, kill anything that you disagree with in the area, eat as necessary (even though the Rex no longer has that biological need), Repeat. Oh and if you're wondering why it doesn't have Luck, it's because this thing is never intended to be a PC.

Tactics: In a 1 on 1 environment, T-Wrecks is very powerful as they can effectively make 2 attacks per round. Use the Autocannon to open up the round, then close to melee range and attempt to grapple the target. If target is bound, proceed to coup de grace until target is defeated.

Against a larger cluster of enemies, open with the Missile Salvo. When a tough opponent reveals itself, grapple it while using autocannon on secondary targets. Instead of dealing damage to grappled target, simply keep it grappled to take it out of the fight. In addition, due to the large Size of the T-Wrecks, they can grapple many characters at once, removing them from the fight. Prioritize targets based upon their potential to deal large damage to the T-Wrecks, or their ability to bolster their allies. If many opponents appear to be strong, use Sonic Roar and Surge to use Missle Salvo in the same round. This effectively provokes 5 saves in a round, plus another save in the next round against all targets. Against targets with high Reflex or high Defense, use the Deadly Neurotoxin to slow them down, using All Out Attack to ensure a hit. Once a target has been Paralyzed and can no longer move, ignore it, focus on enemies still moving. Once those enemies have been defeated, coup de grace any targets that have been rendered helpless. Remember, you can coup de grace as a standard action, so if you use your bite (technically an unarmed strike) that leaves your autocannon still active.

If at any point the T-Wrecks has sustained heavy damage, use EE in conjuction with Last Stand to restore full fighting effectiveness for 1 round. Remember, this can be done without spending a HP until the start of the next round, and therefore doesn't count as GM Fiat in the immediate round. Also fatigue isn't a debilitating condition, so it may be worthwhile to simply allow the fatigue and "rob" the targets of any HP they would ordinarily gain through GM Fiat.  The T-Wrecks is meant to be a very dumb, very strong brute.  It can be out smarted and out maneuvered.  That's the point.  Sometimes the superheroes just need something really big to wail on. 

Edited by Geez3r

Amalgam

ROGUE_by_icemaxx1.jpg

Abilities: 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 24PP

Strength: 14 (+2)

Dexterity: 14 (+2)

Constitution: 14 (+2)

Intelligence: 14 (+2)

Charisma: 14 (+2)

Combat: 8 + 8 = 16PP

Initiative: +14

Attack: +4, +5 Melee, +7 Mimic

Grapple: +7

Defense: +5 (+4 Base, +1 Dodge Focus), +2 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -2, -1 Flat-footed

Saving Throws: 3 + 3 + 3 = 9PP

Toughness: +4/+2 (+2 Con, +2 Defensive Roll)

Fortitude: +5 (+2 Con, +3)

Reflex: +5 (+2 Dex, +3)

Will: +5 (+2 Wis, +3)

Skills: 56R = 14PP

Acrobatics 8 (+10)

Bluff 8 (+10)

Diplomacy 8 (+10)

Language 1 (German; Native: English)

Notice 8 (+10)

Sense Motive 8 (+10)

Stealth 15 (+17)

Feats: 13PP

Attack Focus Melee

Attack Specialization (Mimic touch)

Challenge (Accelerated Stealth)

Defensive Roll

Dodge Focus

Improved Initiative 3

Hide in Plain Sight

Luck 3

Move By Action

Powers: 74pp = 74pp

Mimic 10 (All traits) Extras: Continuous, Extra Subjects +2 (5 targets total), Stacking; Flaws: Split Personality, Tainted [70pp] LINKED Morph 2 (Mimic'd targets) Extras: Permanent (+0) [4pp]

Abilities (24) + Combat (16) + Saving Throws (9) + Skills (14) + Feats (13) + Powers (74) - Drawbacks (0) = 150/150 Power Points

And now for another stupidly powerful build. This is the reason Mimic gets watched like a hawk, because it can quickly become incredibly broken. But unlike my preceding build, this character isn't at its full potential even most of the time. Their first goal in the first round of combat (or the surprise round if you can fanagle it) is to touch someone, anyone and yoink their traits. This characters direct power comes from their PL as normal, but they have the advantage of potentially building up in such a way to have no real weaknesses... other than the ones they've picked up along the way that is. So this character is effectively Russian roulette. You'll either become nigh unstoppable after a couple of rounds, or get roflstomped immediately.

The most dangerous bit about this build is the Split Personality Flaw. It can effectively take your very powerful PC right out of your hands. If I were running a thread, and a PC had this Flaw, I would have an mental grapple come up whenever the PC did something that's dramatically opposed to the mimic'd personality. Not a big deal if you've mimic'd some heroes and you're saving an orphanage. A big deal if you've mimic'd a villain whose archenemies is in a vulnerable state. Suddenly your ally is facing both his archenemies and a (potentially) more powerful version of said nemesis that used to be his ally (and technically still is).

The Morph power on this character also deserves a quick mention as well. The character begins to look like the one they borrowed the traits from, in addition to still looking like their old self. This processes continues for each additional target they Mimic. So long as you maintain the Mimic'd traits, you continue to have the same appearance. Drop the target's traits and you drop the Morph. Not before, not after.

The Cape

[floatl]Maxed_Paragon.jpg[/floatl]

Maxed_Paragon_2.jpg

[floatr]Maxed_Paragon_3.jpg[/floatr]

Abilities: 14 + 6 + 14 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 46PP

Strength: 24/50 (+7/+20)

Dexterity: 16 (+3)

Constitution: 24/50 (+7/+20)

Combat: 16 + 12 = 28PP

Initiative: +3

Attack: +8, +10 Melee, +14 Laser Eyes

Grapple: +15, +30 with powers, +42 at full Super-Strength

Defense: +10 (+6 Base, +4 Dodge Focus), +3 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -15, 3 without powers

Saving Throws: 0 + 4 + 8 = 12PP

Toughness: +7/+20 (+7/+20 Con) Impervious 10

Fortitude: +7/+20 (+7/+20 Con, +0)

Reflex: +7 (+3 Dex, +4)

Skills: 80R = 20PP

Bluff 10 (+12)

Diplomacy 10 (+12, +20 w/ Respected)

Intimidate 10 (+12)

Knowledge: Business 10 (+12)

Knowledge: Civics 10 (+12)

Knowledge: Physical Sciences 10 (+12)

Notice 10 (+12)

Sense Motive 10 (+12)

Feats: 19PP

Accurate Attack

All Out Attack

Attack Focus Melee 2

Benefit (Respected)

Connections

Dodge Focus 4

Interpose

Last Stand

Leadership

Luck 3

Move By Action

Power Attack

Ultimate Toughness

Powers: 26 + 26 + 10 + 29 + 34 = 125pp

Enhanced Strength 26 [26pp]

Enhanced Constitution 26 [26pp]

Impervious Toughness 10 [10pp]

Drain Toughness 12 Extras: Affects Objects (+1), Ranged; Flaws: Distracting; PF: Accurate 3, Precise [29pp]

* AP: Super-Senses (Visual: Darkvision, Infravision, Ultravision, Microscopic Vision 3, Analytical 2, Extended 2, Rapid, Penetrates Concealment) [16pp] + Super-Senses (Auditory: Ultrahearing, Accurate, Analytical 2, Extended 2, Rapid, Penetrates Concealment) [12pp]

Super-Strength 12 PF: Counter Punching, Haymaker, Power Lifting Shockwave, Strike of Valor, Dynamic [34pp]

* DAP: Flight 14

* DAP: Quickness 14

Abilities (46) + Combat (28) + Saving Throws (12) + Skills (20) + Feats (19) + Powers (125) - Drawbacks (0) = 250/250 Power Points

Alright, this is my version of a Paragon who has reached the very pinnacle of what is possible for a hero to achieve. Unarguably, the most iconic superhero of them all. That's why I went with 3 different pictures. Every character in the setting looks to these characters to set the tone, directly or indirectly. When they go bonkers, so does the rest of the universe. When they take up arms to set things right, the world becomes a better place.

An their heart, this characters is a Flying Brick. They fly fast and they hit things hard. Actually that's not entirely the case. A character like this often times checks their strength due to the world being made out of cardboard. That's why they've got Accurate Attack; most of the time you see this hero in action, they are using Accurate Attack 5 every round. When Supergirl first showed up for instance, everyone thought she was actually stronger than Superman because she was much more lose with her strength and would frequently mechanically use Power Attack... and then Superman showed the world just how powerful he really was. A character like this is constantly aware that they could potentially be a great danger to the world they have dedicated their life to protecting, and must constantly toe the line for how much oomph the situation calls for.

It is ironically due to their dedication to their cause that this hero often times gets frustrated with the world around them. People always seem to need saving, and no matter how powerful they are, they are still only one person, and they can't be everywhere. People will slip through the cracks. And this hero will hear them cry out, and be unable to do anything about it.

In regards to the build itself, I went with Drain Toughness for the laser eyes rather than a straight Blast because if you want something blown up, you've got fists for that. However, said attack is rarely used against living things... unless you severely piss them off. Plus it gave me room for lots of shiny Super-Senses. I didn't give them Speed on the Dynamic power as it is redundant with Flight. You may notice that they seem to be a little skimpy when it comes to their Skill selection. This is done intentionally. Superman is a competant professional in many areas, but I can't say that he is stellar in any given area. Lastly the Benefit feat gives them a +8 to Diplomacy checks to call in favors with Connections while in their heroic identity. Superman is awesome, and he's got more public sway than Oprah.

The Phantom

Phantom.jpg

Abilities: 6 + 10 + 10 + 2 + 6 + 10 = 44PP

Strength: 16 (+3)

Dexterity: 20 (+5)

Constitution: 20 (+5)

Intelligence: 12 (+2)

Wisdom: 16 (+3)

Charisma: 20 (+5)

Combat: 16 + 16 = 32PP

Initiative: +9

Attack: +8, +11 Melee, +15 Unarmed

Grapple: +14

Defense: +15 (+8 Base, +7 Dodge Focus), +4 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -2

Saving Throws: 0 + 5 + 3 = 8PP

Toughness: +5 (+5 Con)

Fortitude: +5 (+5 Con, +0)

Reflex: +10 (+5 Dex, +5)

Will: +6 (+3 Wis, +3)

Skills: 84R = 21PP

Acrobatics 15 (+20)

Bluff 7 (+12, +16 w/Attractive)

Diplomacy 7 (+12, +16 w/Attractive)

Notice 15 (+18)

Sense Motive 10 (+13)

Sleight of Hand 15 (+20)

Stealth 15 (+20)

Feats: 24PP

Acrobatic Bluff

Attack Focus Melee 3

Attack Specialization Unarmed 2

Attractive

Challenge (Accelerated Stealth)

Defensive Attack

Dodge Focus 7

Hide in Plain Sight

Improved Initiative

Luck

Move By Action

Power Attack

Skill Mastery (Acrobatics, Notice, Sleight of Hand, Stealth)

Sneak Attack

Up the Wall

Powers: 21= 21pp

Insubstantial 4 (Vulnerable to Ectoplasm) [21pp]

* AP: Concealment 6 (All Auditory & Visual) PF: Close Range, Selective

Abilities (44) + Combat (32) + Saving Throws (8) + Skills (21) + Feats (24) + Powers (21) - Drawbacks (0) = 150/150 Power Points

A rather classic archetype, the intangible man. Though some of the more well known versions tend to be women, such as Shadow Cat and the obvious Phantom Lady, which is why I went with the guy for the picture to balance things out. For those of you who don't know, this is Danny Phantom, which has many more ghost powers at his disposal than those shown here. I did not try to stat out Danny Phantom here because in the show, he is shown to be invisible, intangible, capable of flight and firing ectoblasts at the same time, which can get rather expensive.

Anyways, the role this archetype usually fills is that of the scout or spy, and given their powers, you hardly have to wonder why. This character here can either be intangible or invisible, they can't be both at the same time. Thankfully for them, they are quite skilled at subterfuge even without their powers. They are also a skilled martial artist. However, they only fully come into their might when they catch their opponent flat-footed. Something that shouldn't be particularly difficult for this character. Their saves are a little lack luster, but for this character their number one strength is not getting into a fight in the first place. However you will find yourself fighting something with explosives at some point who declares "I know you're in here somewhere" and starts blindly guessing where you might be. Sadly Evasion had to be cut from the build.

A character like this could use some more skills such as Computers, Disable Device, Gather Information or Search if you want to play up the spy-like nature of the character. They could use more feats to round them out in combat, picking up a few more challenges would also do good. In regards to powers, you may find yourself buying Affects Corporeal for your Strength score so you can hit people while intangible, and buying off the array so you can be invisible and intangible at the same time as well.

Build_Up_Power_House.jpg

Abilities: 10 + 0 + 10 + 0 + 4 + 4 = 28PP

Strength: 20/30/40 (+5/+10/+15)

Dexterity: 10 (+0)

Constitution: 20/30/40 (+5/+10/+15)

Combat: 6 + 4 = 10PP

Initiative: +8

Attack: +3, +5 Melee or Improvised Thrown

Grapple: +10, +20 baseline powers, +30 max powers

Defense: +5 (+2 Base, +3 Dodge Focus), +1 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -2, -10 with powers, -12 max powers

Saving Throws: 0 + 4 + 5 = 9PP

Toughness: +5/+10/+15 (+5/+10/+15 Con) Impervious 10

Fortitude: +5/+10/+15 (+5/+10/+15 Con, +0)

Reflex: +4 (+0 Dex, +4)

Will: +7 (+2 Wis, +5)

Bluff 8 (+10)

Diplomacy 8 (+10)

Gather Information 13 (+15)

Intimidate 15 (+17)

Knowledge: Streetwise 10 (+10)

Notice 13 (+15)

Sense Motive 13 (+15)

Feats: 23PP

All Out Attack

Attack Focus Melee 2

Attack Specialization (Improvised Thrown Weapons)

Dodge Focus 3

Grappling Finesse

Improved Grab

Improved Grapple

Improved Initiative 2

Improved Pin

Last Stand

Luck 3

Power Attack

Startle 2

Takedown Attack 2

Ultimate Toughness

Powers: 10 + 10 + 5 + 5 + 10 + 15 + 5 = 60pp

Enhanced Strength 10 [10pp]

Enhanced Constitution 10 [10pp]

Enhanced Strength 10 Flaws: Build up [5pp]

Enhanced Constitution 10 Flaws: Build up [5pp]

Impervious Toughness 10 [10pp]

Super-Strength 5 PF: Dynamic, Shockwave, Strike of Valor [15pp]

* DAP: Leaping 10

Super-Strength 5 Flaws: Build up [5pp]

Abilities (28) + Combat (10) + Saving Throws (9) + Skills (20) + Feats (23) + Powers (60) - Drawbacks (0) = 150/150 Power Points

Okay, this one requires a bit of explanation. Instead of the generic power house, this is powerhouse that gets stronger over time, whether its due to increased anger or if they just need to warm up a bit first. I invented the Build up Flaw for this purpose as the Boost mechanics want to make me cry in a corner.

The Build Up Flaw

This Flaw represents powers or traits that begin with low effectiveness, and increase their effectiveness over time as they are used. This Flaw may only be applied to partial ranks of a power. Powers with this Flaw begin combat or a scene with an effective rank of 0. They give the character no benefit whatsoever. However each time a power with this trait is used during the scene, its rank will increase by 1 for the remainder of the scene. This increase only occurs to a maximum of once per round. Furthermore, in order to gain this increase, the action that grants this increase must be of a significant challenge or push the character to their limits, meaning that they fail on a given check. The traits with this Flaw revert to their baseline statistics whenever the character in question rests, takes non-strenuous activity or if the trait in question does unused for a extended period of time.

Example: A character with Enhanced Strength with this flaw would be able to increase their Enhanced Strength rank if they broke down a steel door, but would not gain this benefit if they snapped a twig. Furthermore, in the above example, if the character were to attempt to break down the steel door and fail, they would still gain the increase in rank as it was beyond their capacity to break down the door.

For the purposes of this Flaw, "failing" refers to a check that failed to meet the DC, or in the case of opposed checks, such as on attacks or skill rolls, this is when the target of the power with this Flaw passes DC or exceeds the character's own check.

Other than that, this is your pretty basic brick. They've got a few more bells and whistles due to the Flaw being in place so their powers weren't as expensive as they normally are. Just be cautious. You'll spend the first couple of rounds below your PL, which could lead you to getting smacked around a bit.

142694-45333-inque_super.jpg

Abilities: 8 + 10 + (-10) + 0 + 4 + 2 = 14PP

Strength: 18 (+4)

Dexterity: 20/30 (+5/+10)

Constitution: N/A

Charisma: 12 (+1)

Combat: 12 + 12 = 24PP

Initiative: +5/+10

Attack: +6, +10 Melee

Grapple: +15, +26 w/powers

Defense: +10 (+6 Base, +4 Dodge Focus)

Knockback: -5, -4 flat footed

Saving Throws: 0 + 1 + 4 = 5PP

Toughness: +10 (+8 Protection, +2 Defensive Roll)

Fortitude: Immune

Reflex: +6/+11 (+5/+10 Dex, +1)

Will: +6 (+2 Wis, +4)

Acrobatics 10 (+15/+20)

Bluff 9 (+10)

Computers 8 (+8)

Diplomacy 9 (+10)

Disable Device 8 (+10)

Notice 8 (+10)

Sense Motive 8 (+10)

Sleight of Hand 10 (+15/+20)

Stealth 10 (+15/+20)

Feats: 22PP

Acrobatic Bluff 2

Attack Focus Melee 4

Defensive Attack

Defensive Roll

Dodge Focus 4

Evasion 2

Grappling Finesse

Hide in Plain Sight

Improved Pin

Luck 2

Move By Action

Power Attack

Takedown Attack

Powers: 6 + 10 + 32 + 5 + 8 + 4 = 65pp

Elongation 6 (250ft) [6pp]

Enhanced Dexterity 10 [10pp]

Immunity 32 (Fortitude Effects, Critical Hits) [32pp]

Insubstantial 1 Extras: Liquid Body [5pp]

Protection 8 [8pp]

Strike 6 Flaws: Requires Grab; PF: Mighty [4pp]

DC Block:

Abilities (14) + Combat (24) + Saving Throws (5) + Skills (16) + Feats (18) + Powers (65) - Drawbacks (0) = 150/150 Power Points

NOTES

What can I say? This is a thief turned amorphous blob super thief. Obviously. Highly nimble, liquid in fact, and they don't have any discernable anatomy at all. If you'd like a Morph power as part of the character to make them more like Inque from Batman Beyond, I recommend getting that as an AP off the Enhanced Dexterity. As it turns out, if you define your shape, you're not as nimble as when you have no defined shape. This character only hits caps while in a grapple, when they can crush the life out of you. A character like this could also benefit from the Additional Limbs power, allowing them to grapple many targets at once. You could also buy off the Flaw on the Strike power, allowing them to make body weapons of some kind. But with this character's skills, there is little reason for them to get into direct combat until it suits their own purposes.

Captain_Man.jpg

Abilities: 10 + 8 + 10 + 4 + 4 + 10 = 46PP

Strength: 20/30 (+5/+10)

Dexterity: 18 (+4)

Constitution: 20/30 (+5/+10)

Charisma: 20 (+5)

Combat: 10 + 8 = 18PP

Initiative: +4

Attack: +5, +10 Melee

Grapple: +15, +24 w/powers

Defense: +10 (+4 Base, +6 Dodge Focus)

Knockback: -2, -5 w/powers

Saving Throws: 1 + 4 + 5 = 10PP

Toughness: +5/+10 (+5/+10 Con, +0 Other)

Fortitude: +6/+11 (+5/+10 Con, +1)

Reflex: +8 (+4 Dex, +4)

Acrobatics 10 (+14)

Bluff 10 (+15)

Diplomacy 10 (+15)

Intimidate 10 (+15)

Knowledge: History 10 (+12)

Knowledge: Tactics 10 (+12)

Notice 10 (+12)

Sense Motive 10 (+12)

Feats: 19PP

Accurate Attack

All Out Attack

Attack Focus Melee 5

Dodge Focus 6

Interpose

Leadership

Luck 3

Power Attack

Powers: 10 + 10 + 4 + 4 + 9 = 37PP

Enhanced Strength 10 [10pp]

Enhanced Constitution 10 [10pp]

Speed 4 (100mph, 1000 fpr) [4pp]

Leaping 4 (x25 distance) [4pp]

Super-Strength 4 PF: Strike of Valor [9pp]

Abilities (46) + Combat (18) + Saving Throws (10) + Skills (20) + Feats (19) + Powers (37) - Drawbacks (0) = 150/150 Power Points

NOTES

An Amalgam of Captain America and Superman, Captain Man as a starting PL 10. Not as good in hand to hand combat as Captain America, and not nearly as much oomph behind his blows as Superman, but more than capable in a fist fight. I went with a more Golden Age Superman for his powers, as he could just jump hella high and not fly back in those days. And if Captain America is the peak of human ability, he's got to have a rank of Speed and Leaping under his belt. So I went with a decent amount of Speed and Leaping without putting him into Speedster territory, but well above the "ordinary" super soldier.

Captain Man sort of fills the role of the supporting brick in combat. He can go toe to toe with the big guns, but can't bring them down all by himself, at least without some heavy hero point usage. He can however use his Leadership and Interpose to keep his troops rallied and help him take down the big bad. A healthy stock of Hero Points also helps in this regard. I gave him the Strike of Valor power feat for his sheer level of tenacity as he can punch way above his weight class.

He has a good collection of skills allowing him to fill more than a few niches in the party. He does however lack the feat support for many of these skills. No Challenges or Feint feats are currently a part of this build. Picking those up in play or spending some of your Hero Points to acquire them temporarily could do much to bolster this character's impact on the fight. Picking up the Leadership and Teamwork feats could do well, especially the former given this character's Charisma score. In addition, given his Tactics score Master Plan would do well also. As they advance you'll likely also pick up other combat feats like Improved Critical, Improved Grab, Takedown Attack and the like in addition to any other Benefit feats you might pick up, as a Hero of this caliber likely has amazing PR practically without trying. Also, all of his skills are currently under-capped, so you could improve this character in that regard as well.

The last thing that needs to be touched on for this character are their Complications. This guy has the morale compass of both Superman and Captain America, he's got a laundry list of complications. Neither of these characters will ever, ever take the easy way out. They will always do the right thing, regardless of whatever boundaries you put in their way. In fact, the more boundaries that are in their way, the more driven they become as they take it as the universe informing them that they are the only ones able to perform this necessary task. But rarely does this character fly solo. If you play this character right, he will gain the respect of everyone they meet, hero and villain alike. They form the heart and soul of every team they help create.

Happy Independence Day!

• 1 year later...

Maxima (PL 13 - 215pp)

gallery_432_22_114565.jpg

Abilities: 10 + 0 + 12 + 10 + 4 + 4 = 40PP

Strength: 20/26/46 (+5/+8/+18)

Constitution: 22/28/32 (+6/+9/+11)

Intelligence: 20/30 (+5/+10)

Combat: 12 + 8 = 20PP

Initiative: +10

Attack: +6, +9 Melee (-1 Size Modifier)

Grapple: +12, +22 w/ Powers, +39 Max Out

Defense: +9 (+4 Base, +5 Dodge Focus), +2 Flat-Footed (-1 Size Modifier)

Knockback: -3, -4 w/powers, -20 Max-Out

Saving Throws: 3 + 2 + 4 = 9PP

Toughness: +6/+9/+18 (+6/+9/+11 Con, +7 Protection) 7/10 Impervious

Fortitude: +9/+12/+14 (+6/+9/+11 Con, +3)

Reflex: +2 (+0 Dex, +2)

Skills: 120R = 30PP

Computers 10 (+20)

Craft (Chemical) 15 (+25)

Diplomacy 4 (+6)

Disable Device 10 (+20)

Intimidate 10 (+12, +14 Max Out)

Investigate 10 (+20)

Knowledge (Business) 5 (+15)

Knowledge (Civics) 5 (+15)

Knowledge (Life Sciences) 15 (+25)

Knowledge (Physical Sciences) 5 (+15)

Knowledge (Technology) 5 (+15)

Medicine 8 (+10)

Notice 8 (+10)

Sense Motive 10 (+12)

Feats: 25 PP

Accurate Attack

All Out Attack

Attack Focus (Melee) 3

Benefit (Wealth)

Dodge Focus 5

Eidetic Memory

Improved Grab

Improved Grapple

Interpose

Luck 2

Power Attack

Speed of Thought

Startle

Stunning Attack

Takedown Attack 2

Ultimate Effort 2 (Strength Checks, Toughness saves)

Powers: 55 + 6 + 6 +10 +14 = 91PP

Container 9 (Max Out Form; 45pp) Extras: Continuous Duration (+1); Feats: Quick Change (into/out of costume) [55pp]

Growth 4 Extras: Permanent (+0), {12pp}

+8 Strength

+4 Constitution

+2 Intimidate

+4 Grapple Checks

+5 Carrying Strength

-1 Combat Size modifier

-4 Stealth Checks

Density 6 Extras: Permanent (+0) {18pp}

+12 Strength

+ 3 Protection, +3 Impervious

Super-Strength 2

Immovable 2

x5 Mass

Unstoppable 2 (Extra applied to Immovable ranks from Density) {2pp}

Protection 4 Extras: Impervious Toughness 7 {11pp}

Super-Strength 1 {2pp}

Enhanced Strength 6 [6pp]

Enhanced Constitution 6 [6pp]

Enhanced Intelligence 10 [10pp]

Super-Strength 5 Feats: Shockwave, Dynamic [14pp]

* DAP: Leaping 10

Drawbacks: (-0) = -0PP

Abilities (40) + Combat (20) + Saving Throws (09) + Skills (30) + Feats (25) + Powers (91) - Drawbacks (00) = 215/215 Power Points

NOTES:

Ok, so behind the scenes, I often build roadmaps to my characters; where I see them being in X number of points. These usually get scrapped about 3-4 threads in as I get new ideas based on how the characters are interacting with one another, and what I may want to do with them in the future, but for the time being its a nice thought exercise. Due to the way I'm planning things, I've got two builds lined up for Maxima, one when she's got another 35pp, and another when she maxes.

As it stands, I intend for Maxima to max out at PL 14, and I'm going to be building to that slowly. That's why I broke down the build progressions as I did. I figure she's got 70pp left to earn, and 2 PL's to gain, so 35pp to a PL is how I broke it out.

That basically means that in terms of her raw ability to smash things, she's pretty much peaked. Most of her progression will be in terms of feats and skills to becoming a better crime fighter. But before I get into that, the main change that takes place Powers wise is folding more of her Powers into her Container. Now that I've submitted her, I noticed that when she's not Maxed Out, she is insanely tough, but not all that strong. I wanted to adjust it so that those two were more in line. It'll take 7pp to make the change (18pp for the increased ranks in the Container, less the 11pp in Powers that are already purchased and will be moved into the Container) so it'll likely be done piece meal.

Onto the build itself, the most radical change is of course the feats. She goes from having 12, to 25, which is a rather sizeable jump considering only 2 of them deal with PL's. Accurate Attack & Stunning Attack stem from her getting better at utilizing her strength effectively, and not just battering everything that comes her way. Conversely Improved Grab, Improved Grapple & Takedown Attack come from her experience in doing precisely that. She is a Powerhouse, sometimes you need to wrestle a giant robot, or deal with a veritable horde of enemies. On a related note, Interpose & the Ultimate Feats come from Maxima finding herself in the Powerhouse role; when the sky falls, you're the one people turn to to catch it. Speed of Thought, Startle & Luck come from Maxima being more confident as a combatant, and being more apt to handle curveballs.

While Skills ate up 7 points from the budget, basically she only just got better at what she was already good at. She was a good scientist and became a great one in her area of expertise. I also wanted to enhance her focus on bio-chemistry; she has ranks in other skills as a necessity, not because they're what she wants to excel at.

Edited by Geez3r

Maxima (PL 14 - 250pp)

gallery_432_22_25984.jpg

Abilities: 10 + 0 + 12 + 10 + 4 + 4 = 40PP

Strength: 20/28/48 (+5/+9/+19)

Constitution: 22/30/34 (+6/+10/+12)

Intelligence: 20/30 (+5/+10)

Combat: 12 + 12 = 24PP

Initiative: +10

Attack: +6, +10 Melee (-1 Size Modifier)

Grapple: +12, +22 w/ Powers, +39 Max Out

Defense: +10 (+6 Base, +4 Dodge Focus), +3 Flat-Footed (-1 Size Modifier)

Knockback: -3, -5 w/powers, -20 Max-Out

Saving Throws: 4 + 3 + 5 = 12 PP

Toughness: +6/+10/+19 (+6/+10/+12 Con, +7 Protection) 7/10 Impervious

Fortitude: +10/+14/+16 (+6/+10/+12 Con, +4)

Reflex: +3 (+0 Dex, +3)

Skills: 160R = 40PP

Bluff 8 (+10)

Computers 15 (+25)

Craft (Chemical) 15 (+25)

Diplomacy 8 (+10)

Disable Device 10 (+20)

Intimidate 18 (+20, +22 Max Out)

Investigate 10 (+20)

Knowledge (Life Sciences) 15 (+25)

Knowledge (Physical Sciences) 5 (+15)

Knowledge (Tactics) 10 (+20)

Knowledge (Technology) 10 (+20)

Medicine 8 (+10)

Notice 8 (+10)

Sense Motive 10 (+12)

Feats: 31 PP

Accurate Attack

All Out Attack

Attack Focus (Melee) 4

Benefit (Wealth)

Challenge (Startle as Move Action)

Dodge Focus 4

Eidetic Memory

Improved Grab

Improved Grapple

Interpose

Luck 2

Master Plan 2

Online Research

Power Attack

Skill Mastery 2 (Computers, Craft [chemical], Disable Device, Intimidate, Investigate, Knowledge [life sciences], Medicine, Notice)

Speed of Thought

Startle

Stunning Attack

Takedown Attack 2

Ultimate Effort 2 (Strength Checks, Toughness saves)

Powers: 55 + 8 + 8 +10 +22 = 103 PP

Container 9 (Max Out Form; 45pp) Extras: Continuous Duration (+1); Feats: Quick Change (into/out of costume) [55pp]

Growth 4 Extras: Permanent (+0), {12pp}

+8 Strength

+4 Constitution

+2 Intimidate

+4 Grapple Checks

+5 Carrying Strength

-1 Combat Size modifier

-4 Stealth Checks

Density 6 Extras: Permanent (+0) {18pp}

+12 Strength

+ 3 Protection, +3 Impervious

Super-Strength 2

Immovable 2

x5 Mass

Unstoppable 2 (Extra applied to Immovable ranks from Density) {2pp}

Protection 4 Extras: Impervious Toughness 7 {11pp}

Super-Strength 1 {2pp}

Enhanced Strength 8 [8pp]

Enhanced Constitution 8 [8pp]

Enhanced Intelligence 10 [10pp]

Super-Strength 8 Feats: Shockwave, Haymaker, Strike of Valor, Dynamic [22pp]

* DAP: Leaping 12

Abilities (40) + Combat (24) + Saving Throws (12) + Skills (40) + Feats (31) + Powers (103) - Drawbacks (00) = 250/250 Power Points

NOTES:

And here's the capped version of Maxima. Now sitting pretty at 250pp. There really isn't all that too different from the last build. Minor bump to saves just because they were a little lackluster. Added Knowledge Tactics to reflect that by this time Maxima has been on the front for many battles and has learned quite a thing or two. This is of course complemented by Master Plan. Added Online Research and Skill Mastery for a bit of added utility.

Increased the ranks of Intimidate now that Maxima is fully confident in her abilities and has ditched any hint of trying to ditch the spot light. Added a few ranks to a few skills here and there to express her further growth in a professional sense.

As for Powers, I threw on a couple more ranks of Super-Strength because I frankly didn't know what else to buy with the last handfull of points. She clocks in at an effective Strength score of 108, just shy of Centurion's 110. Like Centurion, I also kept her Impervious Toughness at 10 across all her incarnations. Freedom City is supposed to be a lower Impervious setting, so I figured I'd adhere to that (for once).

Paragon - PL 10 (150pp)

gallery_432_24_215229.jpg

Abilities: 10 + 2 + 10 + 2 + 4 + 4 = 32PP

Strength: 20/34 (+5/+12)

Dexterity: 12 (+1)

Constitution: 20/34 (+5/+12)

Intelligence: 12 (+1)

Combat: 12 + 8 = 20PP

Attack: +6, +8 Melee or Heat Vision

Grapple: +13, +22 w/ powers, +28 full Super-Strength

Defense: +8 (+4 Base, +4 Dodge Focus), +2 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -2, -11 w/powers

Saving Throws: 0 + 2 + 4 = 6PP

Toughness: +5/+12 (+5/+12 Con) 10 Impervious

Fortitude: +5/+12 (+5/+12 Con, +0)

Reflex: +3 (+1 Dex, +2)

Skills: 56R = 14PP

Acrobatics 4 (+5)

Diplomacy 13 (+15)

Intimidate 13 (+15)

Notice 8 (+10)

Search 10 (+11)

Sense Motive 8 (+10)

Feats: 17 PP

Accurate Attack

All Out Attack

Attack Focus (Melee) 2

Attack Specialization (Heat Vision)

Connected

Dodge Focus 4

Fearless

Interpose

Leadership

Luck

Move By Action

Power Attack

Quick Change

Powers: 14 + 24 + 7 +13 + 3 = 61PP

Enhanced Strength 14 [14pp]

Enhanced Constitution 14 Extras: Impervious Toughness 10 [24pp]

Super-Strength 2 Feats: Freeze Breath, Heat Vision, Shockwave [7pp]

Super-Strength 5 Feats: Dynamic [13pp]

* DAP: Flight 5

Super Senses 3 (Ultrahearing, Extended Vision, Extended Hearing) [3pp]

Abilities (32) + Combat (20) + Saving Throws (06) + Skills (14) + Feats (17) + Powers (61) - Drawbacks (00) = 150/150 Power Points

NOTES:

To start us off, I went with a Paragon type character. They fly pretty fast, but not as fast as a Speedster. And they hit pretty hard, but not as hard as a Powerhouse. They are the hero of heroes, and are often an inspiration to those around them. They tend to be the type to attend peace conferences and world summits to espouse the virtues of justice and integrity or something to that effect, so I gave them a high Diplomacy, but nonexistant Bluff. However, they can be quite scary, so I did give them an Intimidate score. They don't really like to scare their foes often, so I didn't give them Startle. If need be, they can use a Hero Point for that. The Heat Vision and Freeze Breath Feats on Super-Strength are pretty much me bending the rules like a reed. In a previous entry in this thread, I added several custom Super-Strength power feats, one of which was Freezebreath, which is a Cone Snare. Heatvision is simply Blast. I also gave them some Super Senses, but nothing too crazy. They can see and hear quite a bit better than everyone else, but no seeing through walls or mircroscopic vision at this point.

Edited by Geez3r

Paragon - PL 11 (170pp)

gallery_432_24_60893.jpg

Abilities: 10 + 2 + 10 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 34PP

Strength: 20/36 (+5/+13)

Constitution: 20/ 36  (+5/+13) 

Combat: 14 + 12 = 26PP

Attack: +7, +9 Melee or Heat Vision

Grapple: +14, +24 w/ powers, +29 full Super-Strength

Defense: +9 (+6 Base, +3 Dodge Focus), +3 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -2, -11 w/powers

Saving Throws: 0 + 3 + 4 = 7PP

Toughness: +5/+13 (+5/+13 Con) 10 Impervious

Fortitude: +5/+13 (+5/+13 Con, +0)

Reflex: +4 (+1 Dex, +3)

Skills: 64R = 16PP

Acrobatics 4 (+5)

Diplomacy 13 (+15)

Intimidate 13 (+15)

Knowledge (Civics) 8 (+10)

Notice 8 (+10)

Search 10 (+11)

Sense Motive 8 (+10)

Feats: 18 PP

Accurate Attack

All Out Attack

Attack Focus (Melee) 2

Attack Specialization (Heat Vision)

Connected

Dodge Focus 2

Fearless

Interpose

Leadership

Luck

Move By Action

Power Attack

Quick Change

Startle

Stunning Attack

Ultimate Toughness

Powers: 16 + 26 + 7 +13 + 7 = 69PP

Enhanced Strength 16 [16pp]

Enhanced Constitution 16 Extras: Impervious Toughness 10 [26pp]

Super-Strength 5 Feats: Dynamic [13pp]

* DAP: Flight 5

Super Senses 7 (Ultrahearing, Extended Vision, Extended Hearing, Vision Penetrates Concealment) [7pp]

Abilities (34) + Combat (26) + Saving Throws (07) + Skills (16) + Feats (18) + Powers (69) - Drawbacks (00) = 170/170 Power Points

NOTES:

Now obviously as they went up in PL, they are now stronger and tougher than they were previously. I nudged up Reflex so it was so terrible. I added Knowledge (Civics) and the Intelligence buff because I figure that the Paragons are usually the type to know the law of the land, and tend to be pretty sharp. I added Startle, Stunning Attack and Ultimate Toughness to reflect increased competency in combat, both in taking hits and in dishing them out. I also added the X-Ray vision to emphasize that a Paragon's powers do change and evolve as time goes on, adding new powers as plot demands.

Edited by Geez3r

Paragon - PL 12 (190pp)

gallery_432_24_996382.png

Abilities: 12 + 2 + 12 + 4 + 4 + 6 = 40PP

Strength: 22/38 (+6/+14)

Constitution: 22/ 38 (+6/+14) 

Combat: 20 + 12 = 32PP

Attack: +10

Grapple: +16, +26 w/ powers, +32 full Super-Strength

Knockback: -3, -12 w/powers

Toughness: +6/+14 (+6/+14 Con) 10 Impervious

Fortitude: +6/+14 (+6/+14 Con, +0)

Acrobatics 4 (+5)

Diplomacy 17 (+20)

Intimidate 17 (+20)

Knowledge (Civics) 12 (+14)

Notice 8 (+10)

Search 10 (+11)

Sense Motive 12 (+14)

Feats: 20 PP

Accurate Attack

All Out Attack

Connected

Dodge Focus 4

Fearless

Improved Grab

Improved Initiative 2

Interpose

Leadership

Luck

Move By Action

Power Attack

Quick Change

Startle

Stunning Attack

Ultimate Toughness

Powers: 16 + 26 + 7 +15 + 7 = 71PP

Enhanced Strength 16 [16pp]

Enhanced Constitution 16 Extras: Impervious Toughness 10 [26pp]

Super-Strength 6 Feats: Dynamic [15pp]

* DAP: Flight 6

Super Senses 7 (Ultrahearing, Extended Vision, Extended Hearing, Vision Penetrates Concealment) [7pp]

Abilities (40) + Combat (32) + Saving Throws (07) + Skills (20) + Feats (20) + Powers (71) - Drawbacks (00) = 190/190 Power Points

NOTES:

This version is more of a lateral expansion than anything else. Sunk points into Abilities rather than into Powers to show that a Paragon can still be a contender without their powers. Granted, they aren't in the same league, but they can hold their own against more mundane threats. I trimmed out the Attack Feats and bought straight attack instead, seems that at this point they would be comfortable in many different combat scenarios. I increased their skills a bit to show their continual improvement. Intimidate and Diplomacy are both maxed as a Paragon seems to try to avoid fights, and decidedly end them in equal measure. I also bumped up their Super-Strength array so that they're a bit stronger and/or a faster flyer.

Paragon - PL 13 (210pp)

gallery_432_24_28384.jpg

Strength: 22/ 40  (+6/+15) 

Constitution: 22/40 (+6/+15

Combat: 22 + 16 = 38PP

Attack: +11

Grapple: +17, +28 w/ powers, +35 full Super-Strength

Defense: +11 (+8 Base, +3 Dodge Focus), +4 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -3, -12 w/powers

Toughness: +6/+15 (+6/+15 Con) 10 Impervious

Fortitude: +6/+15 (+6/+15 Con, +0)

Acrobatics 4 (+5)

Diplomacy 17 (+20)

Intimidate 17 (+20)

Notice 8 (+10)

Search 10 (+11)

Sense Motive 12 (+14)

Feats: 19 PP

Accurate Attack

All Out Attack

Connected

Dodge Focus 3

Fearless

Improved Grab

Improved Initiative 2

Interpose

Leadership

Luck

Move By Action

Power Attack

Quick Change

Startle

Stunning Attack

Ultimate Toughness

Powers: 18 + 28 + 7 +17 + 9 + 7 = 86PP

Enhanced Strength 18 [18pp]

Enhanced Constitution 18 Extras: Impervious Toughness 10 [28pp]

Super-Strength 7 Feats: Dynamic [17pp]

* DAP: Flight 7

Immunity 9 (Life Support) [9pp]

Abilities (40) + Combat (38) + Saving Throws (07) + Skills (20) + Feats (19) + Powers (86) - Drawbacks (00) = 210/210 Power Points

NOTES:

Basically all this version did was make them more Paragon-y. Bumped up the PL, added the Immunity to Life Support for potential Space Adventures, and increased the Super-Strength Array. Done. That's the problem with continually increasing your PL, you burn through your power points that way.

Edited by Geez3r

Paragon - PL 14 (230pp)

gallery_432_24_44860.jpg

Strength: 22/42 (+6/+16)

Constitution: 22/42 (+6/+16

Combat: 24 + 16 = 40PP

Attack: +12

Grapple: +17, +28 w/ powers, +35 full Super-Strength

Defense: +12 (+8 Base, +4 Dodge Focus), +4 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -3, -13 w/powers

Toughness: +6/+16 (+6/+16 Con) 10 Impervious

Fortitude: +6/+16 (+6/+16 Con, +0)

Skills: 104R = 26PP

Acrobatics 4 (+5)

Diplomacy 17 (+20)

Intimidate 17 (+20)

Knowledge (Cosmology) 8 (+10)

Knowledge (Galactic Lore ) 8 (+10)

Knowledge (Physical Sciences) 8 (+10)

Notice 8 (+10)

Search 10 (+11)

Sense Motive 12 (+14)

Feats: 20 PP

Accurate Attack

All Out Attack

Connected

Dodge Focus 4

Fearless

Improved Grab

Improved Initiative 2

Interpose

Leadership

Luck

Move By Action

Power Attack

Quick Change

Startle

Stunning Attack

Ultimate Toughness

Powers: 20 + 30 + 7 +2 + 1 + 19 + 9 + 9 = 97PP

Enhanced Strength 20 [20pp]

Enhanced Constitution 20 Extras: Impervious Toughness 10 [30pp]

Flight 1 [2pp]

Space Flight 1 [1pp]

Super-Strength 7 Feats: Dynamic [19pp]

* DAP: Flight 7

* DAP: Space Travel 14

Super Senses 9 (Ultrahearing, Extended Vision 2, Extended Hearing 2, Vision Penetrates Concealment) [9pp]

Abilities (40) + Combat (40) + Saving Throws (07) + Skills (26) + Feats (21) + Powers (97) - Drawbacks (00) = 230/230 Power Points

NOTES:

Once a Paragon reaches this level of power, they aren't tied that strongly to Earth anymore. They venture out into space, or even other dimensions. This is why they have the new Knowledges. All of them are pretty self explanatory, but I wanted to clarify that I gave them the Physical Sciences one as that is the one that deals with astronomy & physics. I added Space Travel onto their Array (which by our house rules means that they needed Flight & Space Travel outside of the array) so that they could in fact get to their other destinations. I also increased the Extended pieces of their Super Senses because well space is rather big to be blunt. While this increase isn't enough to help them pick out fine details on another planet, it well help them find a star fighter against an inky black sky.

Edited by Geez3r

Paragon - PL 15 (250pp)

gallery_432_24_296831.jpg

Strength: 22/44 (+6/+17)

Constitution: 22/44 (+6/+17

Combat: 26 + 16 = 42PP

Attack: +13

Grapple: +19, +32 w/ powers, +41 full Super-Strength

Defense: +12 (+8 Base, +5 Dodge Focus), +4 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -3, -13 w/powers

Toughness: +6/+17 (+6/+17 Con) 10 Impervious

Fortitude: +6/+17 (+6/+17 Con, +0)

Skills: 104R = 26PP

Acrobatics 4 (+5)

Diplomacy 17 (+20)

Intimidate 17 (+20)

Knowledge (Cosmology) 8 (+10)

Knowledge (Galactic Lore ) 8 (+10)

Knowledge (Physical Sciences) 8 (+10)

Notice 8 (+10)

Search 10 (+11)

Sense Motive 12 (+14)

Feats: 22 PP

Accurate Attack

All Out Attack

Benefit (Renowned Hero)

Connected

Dodge Focus 5

Fearless

Improved Grab

Improved Initiative 2

Interpose

Leadership

Luck

Move By Action

Power Attack

Quick Change

Startle

Stunning Attack

Ultimate Toughness

Powers: 22 + 32 + 7 +2 + 1 + 23 + 9 + 9 + 8 = 113PP

Enhanced Strength 22 [22pp]

Enhanced Constitution 22 Extras: Impervious Toughness 10 [32pp]

Flight 1 [2pp]

Space Flight 1 [1pp]

Super-Strength 9 Feats: Dynamic [23pp]

* DAP: Flight 9

* DAP: Space Travel 18

Super Senses 9 (Ultrahearing, Extended Vision 2, Extended Hearing 2, Vision Penetrates Concealment) [9pp]

Comprehend (language) 4 (Speak, read, understand all at once) [8pp]

Abilities (40) + Combat (42) + Saving Throws (07) + Skills (26) + Feats (22) + Powers (113) - Drawbacks (00) = 250/250 Power Points

NOTES:

And this rounds out the Paragon. Bumped up the PL, their Super-Strength Array and gave them a Comprehend power, so that they can speak with any of the other life forms they encounter. Whether this is a new power they acquired, or simply enough experience to pick up new languages on the fly or if all aliens speak English is up to you. Their Benefit Feats mean that basically any time they go anywhere somebody probably recognizes them as a hero and/or a general do-gooder type. You can sometimes save the day simply by showing up. Other heroes will look to you to make the call, and you should lead by example.

Captain Atom

2242702-1captain_atom_1_super.jpg

Abilities: 8 + 2 + 8 + 4 + 4 + 6 = 30PP

Strength: 18/42 (+4/+16)

Constitution: 18/ 34 (+4/+12) 

Combat: 16 + 8 = 24PP

Attack: +8, +12 w/ Blast or Nullify

Grapple: +12, +24 w/ powers, +30 full Super-Strength

Knockback: -2, -13 w/powers

Saving Throws: 0 + 3 + 5 = 8PP

Toughness: +4/+16 (+4/+12 Con, +4 Protection) 10 Impervious

Fortitude: +4/+12 (+4/+12 Con, +0)

Skills: 76R = 19PP

Diplomacy 8 (+10)

Intimidate 16 (+18)

Knowledge (Civics) 8 (+10)

Knowledge (Current Events) 8 (+10)

Knowledge (Tactics) 16 (+18)

Notice 8 (+10)

Sense Motive 12 (+14)

Feats: 15 PP

All Out Attack

Benefit (Use Tactics to detect an ambush or to avoid a feint in combat)

Dodge Focus 4

Fearless

Interpose

Luck

Master Plan 2

Move By Action

Power Attack

Startle

Ultimate Toughness

Powers: 28 + 16 + 14 +15 + 2 + 9 = 84PP

Enhanced Strength 24 Feature: Power Attacking adds the Radiation descriptor to unarmed attacks; Knockback 1 [28pp]

* AP: Blast 12 Feat: Accurate 2

* AP: Nullify 12 (Radiation Effects) Extras: Sustained Duration (+2); Flaws: Fades (-1) Feat: Accurate 2

Enhanced Constitution 16 [16pp]

Protection 4 Extras: Impervious Toughness 10 [14pp]

Super-Strength 6 Feats: Dynamic [15pp]

* DAP: Flight 6

Super Senses 2 (Ultravision, Radiation Awareness) [2pp]

Immunity 9 (life Support) [9pp]

Abilities (30) + Combat (24) + Saving Throws (08) + Skills (19) + Feats (15) + Powers (84) - Drawbacks (00) = 180/180 Power Points

NOTES:

On a request, he's Captain Atom. He's a flying brick with some energy projection for good measure. He hits harder in melee, but his energy projection powers are a bit more accurate. I tried to emphasis the military background a bit. To hit the main points, skill wise he isn't anything too special until you get to Tactics, where he is certainly quite capable. He can use Tactics in conjunction with his Master Plan feat to give his allies an edge if they have time to plan. He can also use it to oppose feints rather than simply Sense Motive, which I recommend doing. Powers wise, his Nullify effect is how I modeled him absorbing radiation. The Fade flaw means that every time he uses it, it loses 1pp of effectiveness. This is how I model the fact that he can only absorb so much. His super senses let him see ultraviolet light, which is pretty much radiation. He is also aware of any radiation in the area (with a successful Notice check).

Battlesuit – PL 10 (150pp)

gallery_432_24_115859.jpg

Abilities: 4 + 0 + 6 + 10 + 4 + 2 = 26PP

Strength: 14/34 (+2/+12)

Dexterity: 10 (+1)

Constitution: 16 (+3)

Intelligence: 20 (+5)

Combat: 16 + 8 = 24PP

Initiative: +0

Attack: +8, +10 Energy Blasts

Grapple: +10, +20 w/ Battlesuit, +26 full Super-Strength

Knockback: -1, -11 w/Battlesuit

Saving Throws: 6 + 3 + 7 = 16PP

Toughness: +3/+12 (+3 Con, +9 Protection) 10 Impervious

Fortitude: +9 (+3 Con, +6)

Will: +9 (+2 Wis, +7)

Computers 10 (+15)

Craft (Electronic) 10 (+15)

Craft (Mechanical) 10 (+15)

Disable Device 5 (+10)

Investigate 5 (+10)

Knowledge (Business) 5 (+10)

Knowledge (Civics) 5 (+10)

Knowledge (Tactics) 5 (+10)

Knowledge (Technology) 10 (+15)

Notice 8 (+10)

Sense Motive 7 (+9)

Feats: 12 PP

All Out Attack

Attack Specialization (Energy Blasts)

Benefit 2 (Wealth 2)

Dodge Focus 4

Luck

Master Plan 2

Power Attack

Powers: 56pp = 56PP

Battlesuit 14 (70pp Container; Hard to Lose) [56pp]

Protection 9 Extras: Impervious Toughness 10 [19pp]

Communication 5 (radio; 5 Miles) [5pp]

Weapons Array 10 (20pp powers, 2 AP's) [22pp]

* BE: Enhanced Strength 20

* AP: Blast 10 - Energy Blasts

* AP: Blast 10 Extras: General Area Burst; Flaws: Unrelaible (5/day) – Tank Missile~

Flight 6 Feats: Dynamic [15pp]

* DAP: Super-Strength 6

Drawbacks: (-4) = -4PP

Normal Identity (Full Round Action) [-4pp]

Abilities (26) + Combat (24) + Saving Throws (16) + Skills (20) + Feats (12) + Powers (56) - Drawbacks (04) = 150/150 Power Points

NOTES:

And here's the next in the Advanced Archetype series, the Battlesuit. This archetype as many of you know is near and dear to my heart as my first character Malice was a Battlesuit character. Granted, he was a villain rather than a hero, but I have to admit he was really fun to play. Anyways, getting off topic, in this build, I tried to model the basic Battlesuit character. As such you'll be noticing a distinct lack of a lot of the other weird accessory powers a battlesuit tends to have in the comics. The rationale for this is that this character is still quite new to the whole battlesuit thing. This may very well be their Mark I or II armor.

As you give this build a once over, I think a few of you may very well be able to hear me yelling “Why won't you fit!?†in your head. This is normal. A Battlesuit character tends to cover a lot of ground, so at their earlier stages they are spread pretty darn thin. Their saving grace is of course the discount on their battlesuit. A Battlesuit character has many of the powers of a Paragon, but because they can bundle their Powers into a Device, they are able to free up enough points to also be a super scientist. Well, that's the theory anyways. In practice, you're pretty starved for points.

There's nothing really to write home about as far as Abilities go. Intelligence I usually peg at 20 for starting battlesuit characters. They're good, but they aren't the smartest guys in the room. Reed Richards is smarter than Tony Stark. That being said, I'm going to be jacking up their Intelligence score as time goes on, and they have more points to spend.

You actually have pretty good saves. Reflex usually doesn't matter too much to someone with a high Toughness score. Your Fortitude & Will saves are usually good enough to shake off some of the more esoteric effects.

Your skills are sub-par for your role. I could easily double the number of points spent in this section without even thinking about it. They cover all the bases they should, they're quite skilled in the scientific areas, and also have some tactical and business savvy under their belt. I put +15 as like the borderline super benchmark for skills in my own head cannon. However, the super-science types can blow that measuring stick out of the water. Furthermore, with skills like Computers & Disable Device, not to mention the hijinks you can get into with Inventor, these are the skills where having an insane modifier makes sense. Long story short, this character has a solid foundation, but needs more stuff. Some Bluff & Diplomacy wouldn't go amiss for someone who's the face of a company for instance.

Feats are real straight forward. You can make a plan to blow stuff up, proceed to blow stuff up, and then pay for the damages. Next.

And now the Battlesuit itself. As mentioned previously, this is basically the average battlesuit character. Nothing too expected one way or another. Protection & Impervious are the armor itself, as well as adding the Immunity to lifesupport due to having your own contained ecosystem. You don't have to worry about drowning or the like. The Communications power is a simple point to point radio system, you can also pick up on nearby signals (ie: police radio). The Weapons Array is again straight forward, you can punch things, blast things or shoot a missile. The last one not as often due to limited ammunition and/or power. Lastly a setting for Flight and/or Super-Strength. I made Flight the primary power because in a Dynamic Array, trading off between the two is good way to model being slowed down by something heavy. Ie: I can't fly as fast because I needed more points in Super-Strength is pretty much the same as “I'm as strong as I've always been, this is just really heavy.â€

Edited by Geez3r

Battlesuit – PL 11 (170pp)

gallery_432_24_31647.jpg

Abilities: 4 + 0 + 6 + 20 + 4 + 2 = 36PP

Strength: 14/36 (+2/+13)

Intelligence: 30 (+10)

Combat: 18 + 8 = 26PP

Attack: +9, +11 Energy Blasts

Grapple: +10, +22 w/ Battlesuit, +28 full Super-Strength

Defense: +9 (+4 Base, +5 Dodge Focus), +2 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -1, -11 w/Battlesuit

Saving Throws: 6 + 3 + 8 = 17PP

Toughness: +3/+13 (+3 Con, +10 Protection) 10 Impervious

Computers 10 (+20)

Craft (Electronic) 10 (+20)

Craft (Mechanical) 10 (+20)

Disable Device 5 (+15)

Investigate 5 (+15)

Knowledge (Tactics) 5 (+15, +23 w/Battlesuit)

Notice 8 (+10)

Sense Motive 7 (+9)

Feats: 15 PP

All Out Attack

Benefit 3 (Wealth 2, Use Tactics to detect an ambush or to avoid a feint in combat)

Dodge Focus 5

Eidetic Memory

Luck

Master Plan 2

Power Attack

Powers: 60pp = 60PP

Battlesuit 15 (75pp Container; Hard to Lose) [60pp]

20 + 5 + 9 + 24 + 15 +2 = 75pp

Protection 10 Extras: Impervious Toughness 10 [20pp]

Communication 5 (radio; 5 Miles) [5pp]

Weapons Array 11 (22pp powers, 2 AP's) [24pp]

* BE: Enhanced Strength 22

* AP: Blast 11 - Energy Blasts

* AP: Blast 11 Extras: General Area Burst; Flaws: Unrelaible (5/day) – Tank Missile~

Enhanced Skills 2 (Knowledge Tactics 8) – Tactical HUD [2pp]

Abilities (36) + Combat (26) + Saving Throws (17) + Skills (20) + Feats (15) + Powers (60) - Drawbacks (04) = 170/170 Power Points

So here's the next version. Most of the time, I try to make these builds a steady progression of the build before it. I didn't do that here. First thing I did was drop 10 points into Intelligence. Due to the fact that they have more than 8 skills based off Intelligence, it is more efficient to buy raw Intelligence rather than buying up the individual skills. This in effect makes it so that the only reason you buy skill ranks is to differentiate the differing levels of mastery with each skill. There are 26 Intelligence based skills in the game (17 of which are Knowledges [15 from the Core book, plus 2 from our house rules], and 5 are Crafts). Buying a +1 through skills will set you back 6.5pp, but adding +1 through intelligence only costs 2. Granted, nobody has ever cared about that many skills; the omnidisciplinarians usually only care about like 12-13.

I added some more money to their bank account to reflect increased royalties from better scientific know how. Added the other Benefit to be used in conjunction with the HUD in the suit. Basically the suit tells you what's up, it's your job to react to it properly. Other than that, I just jacked him up a PL and tossed a point into his Will save just for ha's.

Edited by Geez3r

Battlesuit – PL 12 (190pp)

gallery_432_24_98952.jpg

Abilities: 4 + 0 + 6 + 20 + 4 + 2 = 36PP

Strength: 14/38 (+2/+14)

Combat: 20 + 12 = 32PP

Attack: +10, +12 Energy Blasts

Grapple: +12, +24 w/ Battlesuit, +30 full Super-Strength

Knockback: -1, -12 w/Battlesuit

Toughness: +3/+14 (+3 Con, +11 Protection) 10 Impervious

Computers 10 (+20)

Disable Device 5 (+15)

Investigate 5 (+15)

Knowledge (Tactics) 5 (+15, +23 in Battlesuit)

Notice 8 (+10)

Sense Motive 7 (+9)

Feats: 17 PP

All Out Attack

Benefit 3 (Wealth 2, Use Tactics to detect an ambush or to avoid a feint in combat)

Dodge Focus 4

Eidetic Memory

Inventor

Luck

Master Plan 2

Power Attack

Skill Mastery 2 (Computers, Craft [electronic], Craft [mechanical], Investigate, Knowledge [business], Knowledge [Civics], Knowledge [Tactics], Knowledge [Technology])

Powers: 72pp = 72PP

Battlesuit 18 (100pp Container; Hard to Lose) [72pp]

21 + 12 + 9 + 26 + 17 + 3 + 12 = 90pp

Protection 11 Extras: Impervious Toughness 10 [21pp]

Communication 5 (radio; 5 Miles) Extras: Area; Feats: Selective [11pp]

Weapons Array 12 (24pp powers, 2 AP's) [26pp]

* BE: Enhanced Strength 24

* AP: Blast 12 - Energy Blasts

* AP: Blast 12 Extras: General Area Burst; Flaws: Unrelaible (5/day) – Tank Missile~

Enhanced Skills 2 (Knowledge Tactics 8) – Tactical HUD [2pp]

Variable Power 1 (Any Power, 5pp pool) Extras: Action – Move (+1); Flaws: Limited – Super-Sense power only [6pp] – Vaguely Defined Sensor Array

Abilities (36) + Combat (32) + Saving Throws (17) + Skills (20) + Feats (17) + Powers (72) - Drawbacks (04) = 190/190 Power Points

And now for the next in the series. Last time I pumped quite a few points into the Intelligence score of the Battlesuit user, and now it's paying dividends. Feat wise I added Inventor so that they are able to whip up various gizmo's as the plot demands. I also added in some Skill Mastery now that their skills have been tested in all manner of circumstances, I figure they can hack it no matter what shenanigans are currently unfolding. As far as the battlesuit itself goes, I added the Area extra so that they are able to Communicate with the whole team (or whoever their allies happen to be at the time) in one fell swoop. I would have done this earlier, but I was strapped for points. The Selective feat is pretty much mandatory on an Area Communications power, as you don't want everyone to automatically hear what you're saying. Subtle was also on the power, but had to be cut due to point constraints.

And I also finally added in some Super-Senses to the suit. I did it as a Variable Power because in the comics, it seems like there isn't anything a sufficiently advanced battlesuit isn't able to detect. So, I gave them all the super-senses. However, there is only so much real estate that can be taken up on the HUD, so it has a limited rank. Think of it like that scene in the Avengers, when Iron Man sees the army for the first time, and the entire HUD switches layout. That. Try to put too much on the HUD at once and you can't make sense of anything.  And you can fluff the Move Action to allocate your array as something to the effect of your suit's computer analyzing and/or initializing the scan.  Now, all of that being said, this power would likely get ban-hammered into oblivion if you tried to use it here, and rightfully so.  It's because you have every Super-Sense, thereby making everyone else who did take a super-sense useless. If you wanted a more rules legal Super-Senses Power, I'd go with the following set for a generic battlesuit. Like everything else in this thread, season to taste.

Super-Senses 6 (Darkvision, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Infravision, Ultrahearing) [6pp]

Edited by Geez3r

Battlesuit – PL 13 (210pp)

gallery_432_24_162638.jpg

Abilities: 4 + 0 + 6 + 20 + 4 + 4 = 38PP

Strength: 14/40 (+2/+15)

Combat: 22 + 16 = 38PP

Attack: +11, +13 Energy Blasts

Grapple: +12, +24 w/ Battlesuit, +30 full Super-Strength

Defense: +11 (+8 Base, +3 Dodge Focus), +4 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -1, -12 w/Battlesuit

Toughness: +3/+14 (+3 Con, +11 Protection) 10 Impervious

Skills: 96R = 24PP

Bluff 8 (+10)

Computers 10 (+20)

Diplomacy 8 (+10)

Disable Device 5 (+15)

Investigate 5 (+15)

Notice 8 (+10, +14 w/ Battlesuit)

Sense Motive 7 (+9)

Feats: 19 PP

All Out Attack

Benefit 4 (Wealth 3, Use Tactics to detect an ambush or to avoid a feint in combat)

Dodge Focus 3

Eidetic Memory

Inventor

Luck 2

Master Plan 2

Move By Action

Power Attack

Skill Mastery 2 (Computers, Craft [electronic], Craft [mechanical], Investigate, Knowledge [business], Knowledge [Civics], Knowledge [Tactics], Knowledge [Technology])

Powers: 78pp = 78PP

Battlesuit 19 (95pp Container; Hard to Lose) Feats: Restricted x2 (only you) [78pp]

22 + 12 + 9 + 28 + 15 + 3 + 6 = 95pp

Protection 12 Extras: Impervious Toughness 10 [22pp]

Communication 5 (radio; 5 Miles) Extras: Area; Feats: Selective, Subtle [12pp]

Weapons Array 13 (26pp powers, 2 AP's) [28pp]

* BE: Enhanced Strength 23

* AP: Blast 13 - Energy Blasts

* AP: Blast 13 Extras: General Area Burst; Flaws: Unrelaible (5/day) – Tank Missile~

Enhanced Skills 3 (Knowledge Tactics 8, Notice 4) – Tactical HUD [3pp]

Variable Power 1 (Any Power, 5pp pool) Extras: Action – Move (+1); Flaws: Limited – Super-Sense power only [6pp] – Vaguely Defined Sensor Array

Abilities (38) + Combat (38) + Saving Throws (17) + Skills (24) + Feats (19) + Powers (78) - Drawbacks (04) = 210/210 Power Points

Nothing too major with this latest version. Now that the character is an established scientist and general do-gooder, I figured they would be in the lime light a bit more often so I upped their social graces. Previously they would have been the nerdy type that didn't get out too much, based on their skill selection. You'll also note, I upped how much of their Defense is coming from Defense rather than Dodge Focus. As a rule of thumb, I don't like going below ½ of your total Defense coming from Defense. That's just my own personal preference. They are also now officially stupidly rich. Note that they don't have a Status benefit so they're the hermit nobody's heard of, which can be a benefit in its own way. I also added some Enhanced Notice onto the HUD in that it points out things the operator may have missed. And finally, the suit is now restricted so that only you can use it.

Edited by Geez3r

Battlesuit – PL 14 (230pp)

gallery_432_24_172410.jpg

Abilities: 4 + 0 + 6 + 20 + 4 + 4 = 38PP

Strength: 14/42 (+2/+16)

Combat: 24 + 16 = 40PP

Attack: +12, +14 Energy Blasts & Distortion Ray

Grapple: +14, +28 w/ Battlesuit, +34 full Super-Strength

Defense: +12 (+8 Base, +4 Dodge Focus), +4 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -1, -13 w/Battlesuit

Toughness: +3/+16 (+3 Con, +13 Protection) 10 Impervious

Skills: 96R = 24PP

Bluff 8 (+10)

Computers 10 (+20)

Diplomacy 8 (+10)

Disable Device 5 (+15)

Investigate 5 (+15)

Notice 8 (+10, +14 w/ Battlesuit)

Sense Motive 7 (+9)

Feats: 21 PP

All Out Attack

Attack Specialization 2 (Energy Blasts, Distortion Ray)

Benefit 4 (Wealth 3, Use Tactics to detect an ambush or to avoid a feint in combat)

Dodge Focus 4

Eidetic Memory

Inventor

Luck 2

Master Plan 2

Move By Action

Power Attack

Powers: 94pp = 94PP

Battlesuit 23 (95pp Container; Hard to Lose) Feats: Restricted x2 (only you) [94pp]

23 + 13 + 9 + 46 + 15 + 3 + 6 = 115pp

Protection 13 Extras: Impervious Toughness 10 [23pp]

Communication 5 (radio; 5 Miles) Extras: Area; Feats: Selective, Subtle 2 [13pp]

Weapons Array 21 (42pp powers, 4 AP's) [46pp]

* BE: Enhanced Strength 28 LINKED Trip 14 Extras: Knockback; Flaws: Touch Range

* AP: Blast 14 Extras: Auotfire - Energy Blasts

* AP: Blast 14 Extras: General Area Burst - Tank Missile~

* AP: Damage 14 Extras: General Area Cone, Selective – Unload

* AP: Nauseate 14 Extras: Ranged – Distortion Ray

Abilities (38) + Combat (40) + Saving Throws (17) + Skills (24) + Feats (21) + Powers (94) - Drawbacks (04) = 230/230 Power Points

This was actually a very bare bonus upgrade. I bumped the PL out of the suit with a rank in attack, a new attack specialization feat and dodge focus. Everything else went into the suit, specifically giving the weapons array a massive upgrade. At PL 14, a character enters the tier of world breaker. A Battlesuit becomes a weapons platform akin to that of a aircraft carrier. They can level a whole lot of real estate if they wish. This makes them a fantastic mook sweeper should the situation require it. That being said you got the fancy weapons and not much else in this upgrade. This also opens up more options when you need to power stunt. Notice I didn't say “ifâ€.  And for those of you paying attention at home, yes, I did save using this particular picture until I upgraded the Weapons Array. 

Edited by Geez3r

Battlesuit – PL 15 (250pp)

gallery_432_24_116550.jpg

Abilities: 4 + 0 + 8 + 20 + 4 + 4 = 40PP

Strength: 14/44 (+2/+17)

Constitution: 18 (+4)

Combat: 26 + 16 = 42PP

Attack: +13, +15 Energy Blasts & Distortion Ray

Grapple: +15, +30 w/ Battlesuit, +37 full Super-Strength

Defense: +12 (+8 Base, +4 Dodge Focus), +3 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -1, -13 w/Battlesuit

Toughness: +4/+17 (+4 Con, +13 Protection) 10 Impervious

Fortitude: +10 (+4 Con, +6)

Skills: 128R = 32PP

Bluff 8 (+10)

Computers 15 (+25)

Craft (Electronic) 15 (+25)

Craft (Mechanical) 15 (+25)

Diplomacy 8 (+10)

Disable Device 15 (+25)

Investigate 5 (+15)

Knowledge (Technology) 15 (+25)

Notice 8 (+10, +14 w/Battlesuit)

Sense Motive 9 (+11)

Feats: 21 PP

All Out Attack

Attack Specialization 2 (Energy Blasts, Distortion Ray)

Dodge Focus 4

Eidetic Memory

Inventor

Luck 2

Master Plan 2

Move By Action

Power Attack

Powers: 98pp = 98PP

Battlesuit 24 (120pp Container; Hard to Lose) Feats: Restricted x2 (only you) [98pp]

23 + 13 + 9 + 49 + 17 + 3 + 6 = 120pp

Protection 13 Extras: Impervious Toughness 10 [23pp]

Communication 5 (radio; 5 Miles) Extras: Area; Feats: Selective, Subtle 2 [13pp]

Weapons Array 22.5 (45pp powers, 4 AP's) [49pp]

* BE: Enhanced Strength 30 LINKED Trip 15 Extras: Knockback; Flaws: Touch Range

* AP: Blast 15 Extras: Auotfire - Energy Blasts

* AP: Blast 15 Extras: General Area Burst - Tank Missile~

* AP: Damage 15 Extras: General Area Cone, Selective – Unload

* AP: Nauseate 15 Extras: Ranged – Distortion Ray

Flight 7 Feats: Dynamic [17pp]

* DAP: Super-Strength 7

Abilities (40) + Combat (42) + Saving Throws (17) + Skills (32) + Feats (21) + Powers (98) - Drawbacks (00) = 250/250 Power Points

And now this is the last build in the Battlesuit series. Most of the points this time went into the Skills, with the majority of the tech based skills getting bumped up to 15 ranks. With their Intelligence of 30, they are very much at the top of their field, but they leave room for a pure scientist to outshine them. Basically Tony Stark is the smartest man in the room until Reed Richards comes to town. You'll notice however that the Drawback on the suit is gone. Which means that they can done their armor instantly. It being a Device it can still be taken away from them, but put them in the same room, and they're ready to rock right now. I figure the Drawback is the most fundamental, and therefore hardest to overcome, shortfall of a Battlesuit, and as such, they couldn't buy it off until the very end.

Edited by Geez3r

Martial Artist – PL 10 (150pp)

gallery_432_24_162317.jpg

Abilities: 10 + 10 + 10 + 2 + 6 + 4 = 42PP

Strength: 20 (+5)

Dexterity: 20 (+5)

Constitution: 20 (+5)

Combat: 20 + 20 = 40PP

Initiative: +13

Attack: +10, +15 Melee

Grapple: +20

Defense: +15 (+10 Base, +5 Dodge Focus), +5 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -2

Saving Throws: 2 + 6 + 5 = 13PP

Toughness: +5 (+5 Con)

Fortitude: +7 (+5 Con, +2)

Reflex: +11 (+5 Dex, +6), Evasion 2

Will: +8 (+3 Wis, +5)

Acrobatics 10 (+15)

Diplomacy 8 (+10)

Intimidate 8 (+10)

Knowledge (arcane lore) 9 (+10)

Knowledge (Theology & Philosophy) 9 (+10)

Language 2 (1 Native, Plus 2 others)

Notice 7 (+10)

Sense Motive 7 (+10)

Sleight of Hand 10 (+15)

Stealth 10 (+15)

Feats: 35 PP

Acrobatic Bluff

Attack Focus (Melee) 5

Defensive Attack

Dodge Focus 5

Elusive Target

Evasion 2

Favored Opponent (Ninjas)

Fearless

Grappling Finesse

Hide in Plain Sight

Improved Critical (unarmed) 2

Improved Grab

Improved Grapple

Improved Initiative 2

Luck

Move-By Action

Power Attack

Redirect

Set Up

Stunning Attack

Takedown Attack 2

Uncanny Dodge (visual, auditory) 2

Powers: 00pp = 00PP

Abilities (42) + Combat (40) + Saving Throws (13) + Skills (20) + Feats (35) + Powers (00) - Drawbacks (00) = 150/150 Power Points

NOTES:

And now for a new series of builds, this time the Martial Artist. I actually see a parallel between the Martial Artist / Costumed Adventurer archetypes and counterparts at the other end of the trade-off spectrum the Powerhouse / Paragon. The Martial Artist and Powerhouse are very much the no-frills, “I'm going to beat someone up†Archetypes. The Costumed Adventurer and Paragon Archetypes on the other hand, are the ones who trade some of their ability to do the beating up for a broader and more esoteric set of traits.

The above is basically why you won't be seeing this Archetype toting around a utility belt for a while. Martial Artists are also really easy to build. Buy Strength, Dexterity and Constitution up to close to the human limit, buy lots of Attack & Defense and then just load yourself up on Feats. Speaking of which, I stuck to the core rules for this initial build, but as I advance PL, I will be taking feats from more exotic sources such as Warriors & Warlocks as well as Mecha & Manga. I will do my best to stay away from the stuff that will give the Ref's aneurysms if you include it on an application, but no promises. One other thing to note is that Martial Artists tend to have all around good saves. Right now, they average out to 8.6 which is pretty darn good for a character fresh out of the box.

Also I left the Language selection blank because these Archetypes tend to know several languages, and there really isn't one broad definition of what the native language is. I gave them the Knowledges as most receive some sort of training from a master, which comes with teachings of the mind as well as the body. Street fighters in the vein of Casey Jones however will likely have Streetwise and a higher Intimidate, as well as maybe Bluff instead.

Martial Artist – PL 11 (170pp)

gallery_432_24_85206.jpg

Abilities: 12 + 12 + 12 + 2 + 6 + 4 = 48PP

Strength: 22 (+6)

Dexterity: 22 (+6)

Constitution: 22 (+6)

Combat: 22 + 20 = 42PP

Initiative: +14

Attack: +11, +16 Melee

Grapple: +22

Defense: +16 (+10 Base, +6 Dodge Focus), +5 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -3

Saving Throws: 2 + 6 + 5 = 13PP

Toughness: +6 (+6 Con)

Fortitude: +8 (+6 Con, +2)

Reflex: +12 (+6 Dex, +6), Evasion 2

Will: +8 (+3 Wis, +5)

Skills: 100R = 25PP

Acrobatics 15 (+21)

Diplomacy 8 (+10)

Drive 5 (+11)

Intimidate 8 (+10)

Knowledge (arcane lore) 9 (+10)

Knowledge (Theology & Philosophy) 9 (+10)

Language 2 (1 Native, Plus 2 others)

Notice 7 (+10)

Sense Motive 7 (+10)

Sleight of Hand 15 (+21)

Stealth 15 (+21)

Feats: 42 PP

Acrobatic Bluff

Attack Focus (Melee) 5

Dazing Attack

Defensive Attack

Dodge Focus 6

Elusive Target

Evasion 2

Equipment 2

Favored Opponent (Ninjas)

Fearless

Grappling Finesse

Hide in Plain Sight

Improved Critical (unarmed) 2

Improved Grab

Improved Grapple

Improved Initiative 2

Improved Throw

Improved Trip

Luck

Move-By Action

Paralyzing Attack

Power Attack

Redirect

Set Up

Stunning Attack

Takedown Attack 2

Uncanny Dodge (visual, auditory) 2

Equipment 2 Ranks - 10 EP

Commlink [1EP]

Motorcycle [9EP]

Powers: 00pp = 00PP

Abilities (48) + Combat (42) + Saving Throws (13) + Skills (25) + Feats (42) + Powers (00) - Drawbacks (00) = 170/170 Power Points

NOTES:

Remember when I said these guys were easy to build? Wasn't kidding. Bumped up Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Attack and Dodge Focus. I improved their Skills, and gave them Driving to go with their new motorcycle. They have to get around town somehow right? And I'm saving utility belts type gizmos for the Costumed Adventurer Archetype. The motorcycle is basically the cheapest and quickest way for normal peoples to get from point A to B. Its also cheap enough to get replaced, and doesn't really require a whole heck of a lot of technical know how to maintain. Their motorcycle is pretty much an off the shelf style. Other than that, I just grabbed a few more Feats and called it a day. A Martial Artist winds up having a bazillion different options and can vary their tactics to meet the situation at hand.