Occupational Hazards (IC)

Quinn

As Glowstar scanned it with his unique vision, it became apparent that the building itself was pretty devoid of activity, a couple of office workers bustling here and there around the 2nd and 3rd floor. Though...looking downwards revealed that the metal door itself lead to a staircase, and down into a basement. And below that was a sub-basement. An extremely poorly-lit sub-basement. Which was packed to the gills by odd silhouettes. They were big. They were deformed. Mostly two-legged and carrying various dangerous-looking implements. And they were all over the place. Some were patrolling around, but the bulk seemed to be lazing about in the hallways of the sub-basement. There was also a shimmering something in a room smack-dab in the middle of the sub-basement, and a REALLY big ugly thing was standing there in front of it. Upon closer examination, four figures hung by their arms from the walls of that central room...

Glowstar took a quiet minute to study the interior of the building, then stepped back, rubbing his eyes. "Okay. Um. No guards on the other side of the door. Civvies up top, at least a few. And a couple levels down, lots and lots of mean-looking... something or others. Monsters, I guess, although that doesn't seem terribly PC. Really big son of-- er, boss monster in the middle, too, next to a big glowy. Either something we have to blow up, or something we have to click on, right? Oh yeah, and your, uh, sisters are do--" Glowstar glanced around for the sidhe girl that had started the adventure and ended up turning in a quick circle. Unable to locate her, he focused on Crow instead. "Where'd your, uh, friend get to? She... didn't stick around in the dorm, did she? Mr. Summers isn't going to like that."

Crow shook his head and, by some method, another card appeared in his hand. On it read a single address in Boston.

"Told her to hole up at my dad's place until we can get her sisters back, better she get out of town until we send those things packing."

The amateur rune-caster stepped up and squinted at the doorway, then turned to look at Glowstar with a raised eyebrow.

"You said a big glowy. We talking shiny object glowy or crack in the fabric of the world glowy?"

Glowstar took a quiet minute to study the interior of the building, then stepped back, rubbing his eyes. "Okay. Um. No guards on the other side of the door. Civvies up top, at least a few. And a couple levels down, lots and lots of mean-looking... something or others. Monsters, I guess, although that doesn't seem terribly PC. Really big son of-- er, boss monster in the middle, too, next to a big glowy. Either something we have to blow up, or something we have to click on, right? Oh yeah, and your, uh, sisters are do--" Glowstar glanced around for the sidhe girl that had started the adventure and ended up turning in a quick circle. Unable to locate her, he focused on Crow instead. "Where'd your, uh, friend get to? She... didn't stick around in the dorm, did she? Mr. Summers isn't going to like that."

As soon as Glowstar confirmed the lack of guards, Wisp grabbed Crow and Glowstar by their shoulders and 'poofed' behind the door, leaving Mercury and three clouds of red and white smoke in the alley. The familiar sensation of taking a single step through a cloud of smoke washing over her as she dragged the rune-caster and the non-diety empowered member of the team along for the ride.

Giving Glowstar a smirk she whispered in a lighthearted tone, "Don't make me get the garden hose. Once we've dealt with the guys who kidnapped the Sidhe, there will plenty of time to try and score a date."

Mercury looked slightly confused at some of the parlance they were coming out with. Glowies? Clicking? Was this some kind of hero-speak he hadn't come across yet?

He listened to the summary though, trying to form an accurate picture of the layout in his mind.

"So, do we..."

At that point, Wisp and the other two literally vanished in a puff of smoke.

"Hooray." His voice was quiet - he was talking to himself - and laden with sarcastic enthusiasm. He took the keyring from his belt, inserting it in the lock. A less showing magic this time, but no less impressive as the levers of the lock magically engaged at the touch of the key and the door opened.

As he stepped through, he looked at the three of them. "Seriously guys? Totally not cool."

Wisp looked over at Mercury. "I was just coming back for ya. Sorry but my personal weight limit is five-hundred pounds. While I doubt you'd all exceed it by much, the three of you would still go over it. Last time I tried to bring more, I just didn't go, I'd rather not try and push it with people. Did you see 'Galaxy Quest'? I'm afraid of an 'It's inside out... and it exploded' moment by my hands," she whispered.

Looking around she looked for something to hold the door open.

Crow tried to give Wisp a withering look, he really did, but it mostly came across as amused. The fact that he had to choke down a chuckle at Mercury's expression didn't help much either.

"Eh, go easy. If she hadn't gone back, I would have, but going through the cracks of a door with my wind-walk? Not fun. Tho'...gotta make a note to try a multi-port rune sometime, heh. Alright, so who goes first?"

As for Wisp's search, her luck held strong and it didn't take long for her to stumble across a few lengths of pipe that had been left in a heap on one side of the alley.

Glowstar watched Wisp block the door open and wondered at the need for that when three of them could teleport. He held his tongue, though, and stepped to the front of the group. "I'm the only one who saw the way down," he said. "Just duck behind me when things start shooting, and it'll all be fine." The young man took a deep breath and started forward, trying to remember the layout of the first few floors from his brief glimpse.

Wisp finished with her improvised doorstop. "Just in case we have to let the hostages out while keeping their captors occupied. Steel and Fae don't mix so leaving this door closed could leave them as screwed as before we showed up if anything goes wrong."

Following his lead, she crept forward behind Glowstar, trying to keep her boots from impacting too heavily on the floor and suddenly regretting picking white as a major color in her costume's design.