Another Sunrise (IC)

Gizmo

Some time later, a winded but smiling Trevor lay back, the rise and fall of his chest gradually slowing as midnight mist wafted from him in lazily curling trails, rolling along the floor and dissipating as his skin regained it's usual pale hue. The new, protective application of his metahuman powers had been largely successful, and any minor aches would be a welcome bargain. Trying to sift through the heady mix of emotions floating through him, the young man turned to Erin, laying one hand palm upward in the small space between them. "So..." he began, not entirely sure how to phrase the question.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stretched out on her stomach and looking extremely relaxed herself, Erin raised her head and gave him a smile that was full of drowsy satisfaction. "So..." she echoed, laying her hand over his and linking their fingers. "That was fun. How do you feel?" There had been some awkward moments, some maneuvering and repositioning, but no cries of pain, and he was looking pretty good now. All in all, she thought it had been a very successful experiment.

"Exhausted," Trevor admitted with a smile that was a little too pleased to be properly wry, "but good. Think the word is 'basking'." Looking up at the room's high ceiling, he closed his discoloured eyes and exhaled quietly before turning back to the young woman next to him and giving her hand a gentle squeeze. "I, ah, usually improve at new skills quickly, given a chance to practice," he assured her with a slight cough, a twitch at the corner of his mouth suggesting the remark was more playful than self-conscious.

"Well then, we should be really phenomenal pretty quickly," Erin replied, grinning at him. She felt just a little sore herself, and a lot punchy, a little bit like when Alex had gotten them all drunk, but without the loss of clarity. "I mean, we both know how important it is to practice and train if you want to get better." She released his hand to have a thorough stretch, then, just a little awkwardly, scooted over to close the distance between them so her body was snug against his. It was something she'd wanted to do, wanted to feel how it felt, but it was still a little strange. Just being naked in bed with him like this was kind of strange, really, but she thought she could probably get used to it.

Trevor found himself relaxed despite his acute awareness of Erin's form beside him. Taking the opportunity to arch his back until it gave a soft popping noise, he laid back down flat on his back, his head turned so that his cheek rested on the pillow to meet her eyes. "Practice and training it is, then," he agreed, idly wondering if the auburn haired young woman slept on her stomach. Shifting slightly to better accommodate her curves, he decided, "Although this is pretty nice, too."

"I could get used to it," Erin agreed, sighing contentedly. "You've got a nice bed, too." She laid a hand over his chest, feeling the steady, comforting beat of his heart under her palm. It was, she decided, very much like she'd hoped it would be. "I really... I'm glad we waited this long. It gave me time to be sure about a lot of things. I'm glad we didn't wait any longer. Cause we would've missed out. Good birthday?" she asked him with a smile.

"Know what they say," Trevor deadpanned, attempting to stifle a yawn with limited success, "s'not the bed..." The young man closed his eyes for a long moment focusing happily on the feeling of Erin's hand on his chest. He too was glad they'd taken things at their own speed; though still new and a little awkward, things felt very right. "Heh, good birthday," he confirmed, opening one eye. "Best birthday. Best everything."

"I'm glad," Erin told him, stifling a yawn of her own. Now that the nerves of the last couple days were past, she felt relaxed and drowsy, and entirely happy to fall asleep right where she was. "Sucks that we've got school tomorrow," she murmured, "but I put a change of clothes in my bag. We can avoid traffic and make it back in time for first hour. Good thing I already fed the cat," she chuckled, closing her eyes as well.

With an amused rumble, Trevor craned his neck just enough to kiss Erin's forehead lightly before settling back down. "S'my lady," he half yawned as he closed his one open eye, "woman with the plan." The young man's breathing became slower and more rhythmic under her hand as he gradually drifted to sleep, his usual wary defenses happily discarded. It felt to him not like a culmination but more a new beginning, and very, very right.

Erin drifted along half-awake for awhile and then followed Trevor into sleep, soothed by his breathing and the sound of his heartbeat. It had been a long couple of days, and his bed really was very nice, especially compared to a twin bunk bed mattress. Maybe it was the company, maybe it was simply exhaustion, but the bad dreams left her alone for once, just the way she had hoped.