Near Mint Condition (IC)

Heritage

Wisp sat slack jawed at other woman. Scooting over to open the door, "No, no I haven't made those kind of enemies. The handful of muggers who's nights I ruined know me by a different name. Sorry, I was just letting my mind wander and didn't put the parking brake on my mouth. I really have just watched too many bad action movies and I have a gamer's imagination, you have no idea how many zombie survival plots run across my head daily thanks to Max Brooks' novels." she said, trying to calm Grim down.

Sliding back to her seat then patting the seat next to her Wisp added, "Besides given that if anything we're in a super-hero movie's car, this thing probably has armor and bulletproof glass."

Grim stuck her head back into the limo, which had thankfully come to a stop at an intersection, and peered about dubiously. "Yeah, okay...I guess we're safe." She quickly climbed back inside and slammed the door. Wagging a finger at the younger heroine, she chuckled nervously. "You really had me worried there; just the whole way the limo was sent to me, y'know, when I can fly suddenly sounded all sketchy." She sighed deeply. "Sorry to be such a nervous twitch; I've just got a lot on my mind right now. Anyways, I think we're almost there."

Indeed the limo soon pulled to a stop, and the driver came around to open the door; Grim was about to step out onto the curb, but stopped herself at the last minute. "Uh, hey Wisp; you want me to be in in costume or street clothes? 'Cause I can obviously whip up some normal threads real quick."

• 2 weeks later...

Wisp paused for a second before saying, "Probably best to go with street clothes if you're okay with that. Women going in wearing body-hugging costumes will probably draw more attention than we're looking for tonight." Giving Grim a slight smirk she added, "Though, I know where to run for my prom dress."

Pulling her bag on she adjusted it so it sat against her right hip, and patiently waited for Grim to head out first.

• 2 weeks later...

"Though, I know where to run for my prom dress."

The shapeshifter smiled, shook her head and waved a hand dismissively. “Oh, don't worry, honey, I gotchu covahed; you're gonna look gawgeous." Continuing with the ‘Joisey girl’ theme, she loudly chewed some conjured gum and mimed primping an imaginary bouffant. "I awlso do teearas."

In a flash, Grim’s body was awash in a thin gray mist, leaving her in a pair of skinny jeans, Converse hi-tops and a Freedom College hoodie; her ears were also no longer pointed and her hair a bit less spiky. She was still damn pretty, but a bit more approachable out of her tight leather costume. She held offered Wisp a surprisingly firm handshake.

“Lynn Epstein; nice to meetcha.†Opening the limo door, she practically bounced out onto the sidewalk “Okay, here we go! You gonna ditch your mask, or are you famous under there?â€

Pulling off her mask, her face hidden from the eatery, she pulled on a pair of sunglasses dark enough to hide the fact her black sclera were black as well as the ruby shade of her irises. She shoved the mask into the bag the sunglasses had been pulled from and donning the sunglasses she exited the vehicle behind Lynn, "Not so much famous as unusual. Eyes are the window to the soul and even if they don't place my face, people might notice Victoria Knight having the same eyes as that 'new super', Wisp. It's just attention I don't really need, you know?"

"Not so much famous as unusual. Eyes are the window to the soul and even if they don't place my face, people might notice Victoria Knight having the same eyes as that 'new super', Wisp. It's just attention I don't really need, you know?"

Lynn nodded thoughtfully as she studied the teleporter's eyes through her shades. "Okay, yeah, I get it; I'm so spoiled, since I can look however I want, that I sometimes forget that's not an option for everyone." Just before she pushed up the door to the delicious-smelling eatery, she stopped and smirked a bit.

"So, your name's Victoria, eh? Not sure sure if you meant to let that slip. Do you go by Vickie or what?"

She found them a booth and grabbed them both a menu, quickly scanning the sandwich options.

"It's okay. I know a couple shapeshifters who forget some of us have less mutable skeletons and facial structures," Vicky replied with a grin. "I admit, I think it would be kinda cool to try though."

"I did indeed, trading names and all since you did just adopt me in the Super-Big-Sisters program," she smirked, "And yeah, I usually go by Vicky. Back home I also got nicknamed Lefty a few years back by my role-playing and general nerd group."

She followed Lynn into the cafe and sat in the booth, scanning her own menu, her stomach already growling at the pictures of the food on the menu and the scents in the air.

"And yeah, I usually go by Vicky. Back home I also got nicknamed Lefty a few years back by my role-playing and general nerd group."

Lynn pondered Vicky over the top of her menu, chewing on the inside of her cheek; finally she sighed and set her menu aside. "Alright, I'll bite; why did they call you 'Lefty'? And this story better be hilarious; I'm not looking at pictures of food for this."

"During a softball game for gym class, I managed to break my right arm. Cast-on-arm when I showed up for D&D, I couldn't shake the dice well in my right hand. But my first roll with my left hand, I rolled a natural 20. When I confirm the critical, I rolled another one. The third roll was another confirmed hit. My character, a 'soul archer' if you're familiar with the game, basically my character recreated that scene from Scanners on a very big, very angry green dragon. In the first round of combat. So, because these were the first rolls I'd made left handed, Lefty stuck."

Lynn nodded in understanding. "Ah, okay; I never played D&D often enough to earn a nickname, but I did play a half-elf rogue/sorcerer, which now seems like either destiny, irony or just a ridiculous coincidence."

The waitress came by to take thier orders, the more experienced heroine indicating Vickie should go first; once both orders were placed and drinks provided (Lynn went for a huge carmel mocha frap under a mountain of whipped cream), she once again felt comfortable talking 'shop'.

"So can you 'port people with you or do other cool stuff? Like, could you teleport my frap across town?" She held it up for a second before take a long sip which gave her a white mustache that was quickly licked away. "Mmm, nummers! 'Cause if not, you should definitely start trying that kinda stuff. You gotta push your powers to see what else you can do; makes you a lot more flexible."

Vicky took a sip from her own vanilla bean frap, which unlike her companion's lacked whipped cream. "Well, if I suddenly gain the ability to shoot bolts of concentrated psionokinetic force from my hand, I'd be forced to think Gygax is pulling the strings of fate from beyond the grave. ...Which given this town, is a distinct possibility actually."

When Lynn got to asking about her powers, she glanced around behind her glasses. Relaxing she answered the questions, "One, maybe two people depending how heavy a person we're talking. As for distance, I'm afraid your drink would need a cab to get across town in one jump. My personal best is about two and a half football fields. And you're right about pushing them. When I started I could only manage about fifty feet. I actually was looking at some of the rooftops over by school for a 'jogging' route in the morning, a mix of basic running, le parkour, and short successive jumps." The excitement in her voice, despite the fact it remained low enough for her words to travel a minimal distance, showed Vicky was looking forward to her urban obstacle course.