archived posts

Thevshi

As Velocity had been pulled into Heavy, or Icarus, or whatever he was calling himself’s portal, she had wondered where she was going, and was somewhat fearful of what she would find on the other side of the portal. Suddenly, there was light everywhere as the blonde teen felt the pull of the portal fail, and she skidded to a halt. As her eyes adjusted, she realized it was daylight wherever she was, and she was standing on a sidewalk.

Looking around quickly, she realized she was standing next to Liberty Park, along Allen Street. Whew, at least I am in Freedom City. She thought. But why is it daylight?

She noticed some people along the side of the sidewalk had stopped short at her sudden appearance, and were staring at her. For some reason, they all wearing cloths that were waaaaaaay out of date. “Good day there citizens.†She said with a little smile and crisp wave. “Stay safe.â€Â

She was then off down the road in a blur, maneuvering around a large car that was twice as old as she was. Man, I didn’t know anyone still drove those gas guzzlers. She thought as she speed down the street.

The young speedster had no idea what to do now, somehow it was now daylight, and she was no where near where she had been confronting the two villains. Maybe she needed to call Pseudo or someone else at the Freedom League and let them know she had lost Heavy.

She was just pulling out her communicator when she skidded to a halt. She had been rushing along 52nd Avenue, and turned down Liberty to head to Freedom Hall, and as she had passed Millennium Mall, she had realized that Millennium Mall was not where it was supposed to be (and she should know, she spent enough time at the mall’s highend stores).

The teen speedster stood across from where the mall was supposed to be, looking at a much, much smaller mall that looked like it had been built in the 50’s. “What is going on here?â€Â

As Velocity had been pulled into Heavy, or Icarus, or whatever he was calling himself’s portal, she had wondered where she was going, and was somewhat fearful of what she would find on the other side of the portal. Suddenly, there was light everywhere as the blonde teen felt the pull of the portal fail, and she skidded to a halt. As her eyes adjusted, she realized it was daylight wherever she was, and she was standing on a sidewalk.

Looking around quickly, she realized she was standing next to Liberty Park, along Allen Street. Whew, at least I am in Freedom City. She thought. But why is it daylight?

She noticed some people along the side of the sidewalk had stopped short at her sudden appearance, and were staring at her. For some reason, they all wearing cloths that were waaaaaaay out of date. “Good day there citizens.†She said with a little smile and crisp wave. “Stay safe.â€Â

She was then off down the road in a blur, maneuvering around a large car that was twice as old as she was. Man, I didn’t know anyone still drove those gas guzzlers. She thought as she speed down the street.

The young speedster had no idea what to do now, somehow it was now daylight, and she was no where near where she had been confronting the two villains. Maybe she needed to call Pseudo or someone else at the Freedom League and let them know she had lost Heavy.

She was just pulling out her communicator when she skidded to a halt. She had been rushing along 52nd Avenue, and turned down Liberty to head to Freedom Hall, and as she had passed Millennium Mall, she had realized that Millennium Mall was not where it was supposed to be (and she should know, she spent enough time at the mall’s highend stores).

The teen speedster stood across from where the mall was supposed to be, looking at a much, much smaller mall that looked like it had been built in the 50’s. “What is going on here?â€Â

Velocity looked up at the man who was likely one of the most famous superheroes to have ever lived, her mouth open slightly in surprise. Could this really be Centurion? The Centurion? The old fashions, the old cars, Millennium Mall not being there…Velocity took a quick glance around the skyline, and noted quite a few buildings missing that should have been there.

Oh great. I think I’m in a bit of trouble! The young speedster thought to herself. She then focused back the three villains and Centurion, waiting to see what she could do to help the legendary hero. Yeah, like he really needs my help.

Velocity looked up at the man who was likely one of the most famous superheroes to have ever lived, her mouth open slightly in surprise. Could this really be Centurion? The Centurion? The old fashions, the old cars, Millennium Mall not being there…Velocity took a quick glance around the skyline, and noted quite a few buildings missing that should have been there.

Oh great. I think I’m in a bit of trouble! The young speedster thought to herself. She then focused back the three villains and Centurion, waiting to see what she could do to help the legendary hero. Yeah, like he really needs my help.

Velocity is not sure why Centurion flew right past the three villainesses, but she figured something was happening, so she starts to run after the three, trying to keep an eye on them and hopefully Centurion as well.

As she starts running, Velocity saw the Furies skim low over some rooftops, and saw how close they were together. She then saw an opportunity to possibly take out one or two of them, if not all three. Accelerating, the speedster zipped up the wall and onto the rooftop and headed for the area underneath the middle Fury. As she passed underneath, Velocity pushed her body against the sound barrier, just enough to create a massive sonic boom that spread out in fifty feet in all directions from her.

By the time the shockwave had finished spreading out, she had already come to a halt about thirty feet ahead of the Furies, turning back to see how she had done, ready to dodge any attacks.

Velocity is not sure why Centurion flew right past the three villainesses, but she figured something was happening, so she starts to run after the three, trying to keep an eye on them and hopefully Centurion as well.

As she starts running, Velocity saw the Furies skim low over some rooftops, and saw how close they were together. She then saw an opportunity to possibly take out one or two of them, if not all three. Accelerating, the speedster zipped up the wall and onto the rooftop and headed for the area underneath the middle Fury. As she passed underneath, Velocity pushed her body against the sound barrier, just enough to create a massive sonic boom that spread out in fifty feet in all directions from her.

By the time the shockwave had finished spreading out, she had already come to a halt about thirty feet ahead of the Furies, turning back to see how she had done, ready to dodge any attacks.

Velocity smiled as she saw all three Furies crash to the rooftop. As they tried to recover from the attack, the yellow garbed speedster zips back over next to the closest one that seemed to be trying to get back to her feet.

“Okay, that was just for starters.†She said, cocking a fist back. “Unless you want more, I suggest you give up and explain what’s going on.†She was ready to try to strike the Fury should she move.

(ooc Velocity is trying the cover action, and likely failing)

Velocity smiled as she saw all three Furies crash to the rooftop. As they tried to recover from the attack, the yellow garbed speedster zips back over next to the closest one that seemed to be trying to get back to her feet.

“Okay, that was just for starters.†She said, cocking a fist back. “Unless you want more, I suggest you give up and explain what’s going on.†She was ready to try to strike the Fury should she move.

Velocity looked at the three Furies still lying on the ground, trying to get themselves back up and felt somewhat bad. She had hit them with a sucker punch, of sorts, but then there were three of them.

She relaxes a bit, but still keeps a close eye on them as she waits to see how they will react. “So what’s going on? What did you all do to get Centurion to ignore you?†She asks again.

Velocity looked at the three Furies still lying on the ground, trying to get themselves back up and felt somewhat bad. She had hit them with a sucker punch, of sorts, but then there were three of them.

She relaxes a bit, but still keeps a close eye on them as she waits to see how they will react. “So what’s going on? What did you all do to get Centurion to ignore you?†She asks again.

One of the Furies - Velocity can't tell which; they all look alike - answers her. "What did we do? We didn't do anything. Why did you attack us?" She begins to get to her feet, along with her sisters. One of them doesn't look like she can do anything more than get up. Neither of the other two are attacking. They seem like they're trying to protect themselves in case Velocity attacks again.

Velocity just looked at the three for a brief second. They were not acting like she would have expected. “Why?†She replied finally, sounding a bit surprised they would ask. “Your criminals. What have you done that has Centurion distracted?â€Â

One of the Furies - Velocity can't tell which; they all look alike - answers her. "What did we do? We didn't do anything. Why did you attack us?" She begins to get to her feet, along with her sisters. One of them doesn't look like she can do anything more than get up. Neither of the other two are attacking. They seem like they're trying to protect themselves in case Velocity attacks again.

Velocity just looked at the three for a brief second. They were not acting like she would have expected. “Why?†She replied finally, sounding a bit surprised they would ask. “Your criminals. What have you done that has Centurion distracted?â€Â

Velocity did look at the three, very confused by their willingness to talk and relatively calm demeanor (particularly given that she had blasted them out of the sky). “I…I was under the impression you were criminals.†She stated. “Wait, you said Haas Jewelers was being attacked?â€Â

Velocity did look at the three, very confused by their willingness to talk and relatively calm demeanor (particularly given that she had blasted them out of the sky). “I…I was under the impression you were criminals.†She stated. “Wait, you said Haas Jewelers was being attacked?â€Â