Learning the Ropes (OOC, Full)

Heritage

Thank you! I had fun writing it. :) Your first post really struck a chord with me.

Clearly! I figured it's called Our Lady of Mercy, NR is a nice Irish lad, gotta play up the Catholic angle ;) I also really want to play the homeless stuff straight, so I did a little research online.

I tend to go with a few short evocative phrases (as per my screenwriter training), and you filled in the more visual details beautifully; I really got a sense of the shelter as a living place filled with real people who all have interesting stories to tell. Great stuff!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! I had fun writing it. :) Your first post really struck a chord with me.

Clearly! I figured it's called Our Lady of Mercy, NR is a nice Irish lad, gotta play up the Catholic angle ;) I also really want to play the homeless stuff straight, so I did a little research online.

I tend to go with a few short evocative phrases (as per my screenwriter training), and you filled in the more visual details beautifully; I really got a sense of the shelter as a living place filled with real people who all have interesting stories to tell. Great stuff!

What I like about this forum is that Freedom City is not fully described either here or in the book, which leaves players lots of space to fill in their own details. Unlike other MORPGs, this space seems more like a sandbox than a jungle gym - which I love.

I think short phrasing really sets the scene and you did a wonderful job with it. :D

What I like about this forum is that Freedom City is not fully described either here or in the book, which leaves players lots of space to fill in their own details. Unlike other MORPGs, this space seems more like a sandbox than a jungle gym - which I love.

I think short phrasing really sets the scene and you did a wonderful job with it. :D

It looks like you guys are about to head out for a little patrol work. Would you mind if I put together a little encounter for you guys? Right now, it would be gang related, but it would help set up a number of points I'd like to use in the future.

It looks like you guys are about to head out for a little patrol work. Would you mind if I put together a little encounter for you guys? Right now, it would be gang related, but it would help set up a number of points I'd like to use in the future.

I'd be up for it - what say you, SB?

Since it seems that you're close to taking her under your wing, the two of you head out patrolling the city. You come by a car garage where a group of gang members are trying to bust up the place and the owner.

Fairly simple, but the location is one that I want to establish here in the Southside along with the gang.

Since it seems that you're close to taking her under your wing, the two of you head out patrolling the city. You come by a car garage where a group of gang members are trying to bust up the place and the owner.

Fairly simple, but the location is one that I want to establish here in the Southside along with the gang.

That totally works. :) I'll look over the city map and pick a spot that looks fun and scenic. I've been meaning to establish a regular patrol route for Nightrival.

That totally works. :) I'll look over the city map and pick a spot that looks fun and scenic. I've been meaning to establish a regular patrol route for Nightrival.

Makes sense that he would want to see her in action, to see how much work he's got cut out for him; I'm good with it.

Makes sense that he would want to see her in action, to see how much work he's got cut out for him; I'm good with it.

Great! Here's information on the two points.

The location will be Monty's Garage, an African-American owned business. The owner, Monty, is in his mid thirty's. He often helps out some of the older people in the area so he is well liked by many. Monty helps fix cars but doesn't always ask for payment. The lack of funds has begun to show in the condition of his shop. A leaky roof and the increase of graffiti on the walls outside are sure signs that he's losing the battle with the neighborhood gangs.

The gang.

Operating within the Southside is the Brotherhood gang (from Freedom city source book). A large gang of people that for the most part shake down various businesses in the area for "protection" money. Nightravel has had dealings with them from time to time but they have rarely been any real trouble for the hero.

Once you point out where to place Monty's garage, I'll pick up the thread of what you come upon.

Great! Here's information on the two points.

The location will be Monty's Garage, an African-American owned business. The owner, Monty, is in his mid thirty's. He often helps out some of the older people in the area so he is well liked by many. Monty helps fix cars but doesn't always ask for payment. The lack of funds has begun to show in the condition of his shop. A leaky roof and the increase of graffiti on the walls outside are sure signs that he's losing the battle with the neighborhood gangs.

The gang.

Operating within the Southside is the Brotherhood gang (from Freedom city source book). A large gang of people that for the most part shake down various businesses in the area for "protection" money. Nightravel has had dealings with them from time to time but they have rarely been any real trouble for the hero.

Once you point out where to place Monty's garage, I'll pick up the thread of what you come upon.