The Color of Magic

Heridfel

Nightrival's opponent is fooled by the quick dodges, and the escrima batons dent the front of the chestplate this time as Nightrival hits harder. It's still moving, but it's not invulnerable. It tries to swing at him with the mace, but doesn't even come close to him.

Meanwhile, Sen's sword slides through his armor opponent from the back side. This blow cuts out a sizeable chunk of the armor near the small of its back. Though it's clear that no flesh remains inside, it still falls to the ground as though a truly lethal blow were dealt, unmoving.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NightrivalHS.jpg

The mace swings wide and Nightrival thrusts forward, lifting off the ground a few inches to reach the armour's helmet. Shunting aside his former strategy to remain defensive, he throws his entire weight into the attack, potentially leaving him vunerable to a counter-attack. This guys are slow, but strong. Maybe I can take advantage o' that.

He gambles and slams the escrima staves against the sides of the helmet, as he though he is boxing the ears of a living opponent.

NightrivalHS.jpg

The mace swings wide and Nightrival thrusts forward, lifting off the ground a few inches to reach the armour's helmet. Shunting aside his former strategy to remain defensive, he throws his entire weight into the attack, potentially leaving him vunerable to a counter-attack. This guys are slow, but strong. Maybe I can take advantage o' that.

He gambles and slams the escrima staves against the sides of the helmet, as he though he is boxing the ears of a living opponent.

NightrivalHS.jpg

Sen watched the suit of armor collapse. A low moan seemed to slip out between the plates. The blade howled in his hand. A mere golem couldn't hope to satisfy it's thirst. As his eyes turned and regarded Nightrival, Sen could feel the blade's hunger. You shall not have him. Sen clamped down on the blade with his willpower. Then he dashed forward towards Nightrival and his opponent.

He runs along the walls to flank the suit of armor. He drops down behind it taking a precise swing at the vulnerable knee joint.

Sen watched the suit of armor collapse. A low moan seemed to slip out between the plates. The blade howled in his hand. A mere golem couldn't hope to satisfy it's thirst. As his eyes turned and regarded Nightrival, Sen could feel the blade's hunger. You shall not have him. Sen clamped down on the blade with his willpower. Then he dashed forward towards Nightrival and his opponent.

He runs along the walls to flank the suit of armor. He drops down behind it taking a precise swing at the vulnerable knee joint.

The blade slices through the armored joint cleanly, and the entire lower leg falls off. The suit of armor turns to look back at Sen, tilting its head quizzically before falling down to the ground, as still as its companion. Neither of the helms glow with the red light that Sen and Nightrival saw before. It looks like this threat has passed, but they are still in the Master Mage's foyer with no idea of where he is.

The blade slices through the armored joint cleanly, and the entire lower leg falls off. The suit of armor turns to look back at Sen, tilting its head quizzically before falling down to the ground, as still as its companion. Neither of the helms glow with the red light that Sen and Nightrival saw before. It looks like this threat has passed, but they are still in the Master Mage's foyer with no idea of where he is.

NightrivalHS.jpg

"Heh. Good one," says Nightrival as the suit of armour tumbles to the ground. He collapses the staves and slips them back under his gloves. He kneels and picks up the severed metal leg, turning it in his hand to examine the hollow limb.

"Looks like someone don't want any visitors," he observes. The leg bounces in his hand. Finally tossing it over his shoulder, he peers up the foyer stairs. "But we gotta a job ta do, and no creepy voice is goin' tell us otherwise. What's our next move, Sen?"

NightrivalHS.jpg

"Heh. Good one," says Nightrival as the suit of armour tumbles to the ground. He collapses the staves and slips them back under his gloves. He kneels and picks up the severed metal leg, turning it in his hand to examine the hollow limb.

"Looks like someone don't want any visitors," he observes. The leg bounces in his hand. Finally tossing it over his shoulder, he peers up the foyer stairs. "But we gotta a job ta do, and no creepy voice is goin' tell us otherwise. What's our next move, Sen?"

NightrivalHS.jpg

Sen slowly sheaths his sword ignoring its cries for blood. "The voice that spoke to us it came from up the stairs." Was this what Master Lee meant about Adrian Eldricht? They were formidable, but no mere puppets could slow one of the Ryoshikage. "I believe if we go up stairs we might find our answer."

Sen began to move towards the stairs seeking the voice he thought he had heard.

Sen slowly sheaths his sword ignoring its cries for blood. "The voice that spoke to us it came from up the stairs." Was this what Master Lee meant about Adrian Eldricht? They were formidable, but no mere puppets could slow one of the Ryoshikage. "I believe if we go up stairs we might find our answer."

NightrivalHS.jpg

Nightrival follows a few steps behind Sen, slowly climbing the stairs as though no one has detected their presence. He keeps his eyes and ears open and focused, wary of future encounters with bizarre mystical attackers.

"I ain't used ta fightin' whatever it is we're fightin'. Give me a room fulla goons anyday."

NightrivalHS.jpg

Nightrival follows a few steps behind Sen, slowly climbing the stairs as though no one has detected their presence. He keeps his eyes and ears open and focused, wary of future encounters with bizarre mystical attackers.

"I ain't used ta fightin' whatever it is we're fightin'. Give me a room fulla goons anyday."

NightrivalHS.jpg

Sen nodded. "Indeed to those untrained, supernatural foes are rather frightening." Sen turned to Nightrival as he climbed the steps. "Though these minor magics do not have the feel of demons to them. This sorcery feels dangerous but not truly evil." Sen finished. "Do not fear. I will guard your life with my own."

Sen nodded. "Indeed to those untrained, supernatural foes are rather frightening." Sen turned to Nightrival as he climbed the steps. "Though these minor magics do not have the feel of demons to them. This sorcery feels dangerous but not truly evil." Sen finished. "Do not fear. I will guard your life with my own."

As Sen turns back to look at Nightrival, the floor of the stair in front of him disappears, and he's nearly about to fall into an inky black darkness. As his foot goes below where the step would be, Sen can feel something amiss and reels back before going in. Nightrival and he can see the stair return; it still looks as completely ordinary as it did before what just happened.

As Sen turns back to look at Nightrival, the floor of the stair in front of him disappears, and he's nearly about to fall into an inky black darkness. As his foot goes below where the step would be, Sen can feel something amiss and reels back before going in. Nightrival and he can see the stair return; it still looks as completely ordinary as it did before what just happened.