The Color of Magic

Heridfel

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shadowy form falls back as Nightrival overpowers him. As he reaches out for the shade again, he goes straight through it. The dark form laughs deeply, a bone-chilling sound.

"I can touch you, but you cannot touch me unless I wish it," it says. As Sen vaults to the second floor, he turns and faces the new threat, eying the sword warily.

"There's much power there, but you fear to use it. Foolish man. I will take it from you," it says, drifting towards Sen every so slowly.

The shadowy form falls back as Nightrival overpowers him. As he reaches out for the shade again, he goes straight through it. The dark form laughs deeply, a bone-chilling sound.

"I can touch you, but you cannot touch me unless I wish it," it says. As Sen vaults to the second floor, he turns and faces the new threat, eying the sword warily.

"There's much power there, but you fear to use it. Foolish man. I will take it from you," it says, drifting towards Sen every so slowly.

NightrivalHS.jpg

Like a final puzzle piece completing a picture, a plan emerges inside Nightrival's head. He's uncertain if it will work, but clearly their ghostly attacker is immune to normal attacks. He knows if they continue fighting, the two heroes could get into serious trouble.

He hunches down then leaps nearly thirty feet away from the two combatants, performing three somersaults mid-air and landing with his back to a wall. He positions his feet to appear as though he will resist another attack rather than jump away. Nightrival cups his hands around his mouth and yells at the phantom down the hall.

"Yo! Patrick Swayze! Why don't ya haunt someone yer own size? Whattsa matter, ya scared o' me? I bet if ya tried slamming into me again ya'll trip over yer own feet! C'mon, ya yellow-bellied chicken!"

NightrivalHS.jpg

Like a final puzzle piece completing a picture, a plan emerges inside Nightrival's head. He's uncertain if it will work, but clearly their ghostly attacker is immune to normal attacks. He knows if they continue fighting, the two heroes could get into serious trouble.

He hunches down then leaps nearly thirty feet away from the two combatants, performing three somersaults mid-air and landing with his back to a wall. He positions his feet to appear as though he will resist another attack rather than jump away. Nightrival cups his hands around his mouth and yells at the phantom down the hall.

"Yo! Patrick Swayze! Why don't ya haunt someone yer own size? Whattsa matter, ya scared o' me? I bet if ya tried slamming into me again ya'll trip over yer own feet! C'mon, ya yellow-bellied chicken!"

The phantom, which had been facing Sen, abruptly is looking towards Nightrival. There isn't a sense of turning in place. Instead, the thing is looking one way, then another in an instant.

"Shutting you up will be more than worthwhile, though," it says. "And you pose little threat to me."

It accelerates quickly, rushing at Nightrival.

The phantom, which had been facing Sen, abruptly is looking towards Nightrival. There isn't a sense of turning in place. Instead, the thing is looking one way, then another in an instant.

"Shutting you up will be more than worthwhile, though," it says. "And you pose little threat to me."

It accelerates quickly, rushing at Nightrival.

NightrivalHS.jpg

The apparition speeds closer to Nightrival. He lowers himself closer to the floor and contracts the muscles in his left leg plunged behind him. Nightrival senses that the apparition must become solid to hit living opponents, or so he hopes. He narrows his eyes and clenches his fists.

I gotta time this right.

Within a few seconds, the ghostly attacker gets within inches of striking distance. The apparition moves with a terrifying urgency, nearly leaving Nightrival too overwhelmed to react.

He counts to three, exhales and suddenly pivots his hips to launch a devastating reverse side kick directly into the apparition's sternum.

NightrivalHS.jpg

The apparition speeds closer to Nightrival. He lowers himself closer to the floor and contracts the muscles in his left leg plunged behind him. Nightrival senses that the apparition must become solid to hit living opponents, or so he hopes. He narrows his eyes and clenches his fists.

I gotta time this right.

Within a few seconds, the ghostly attacker gets within inches of striking distance. The apparition moves with a terrifying urgency, nearly leaving Nightrival too overwhelmed to react.

He counts to three, exhales and suddenly pivots his hips to launch a devastating reverse side kick directly into the apparition's sternum.

The blow knocks the ghost back as Nightrival times his attack so that it comes just as the ghost solidifies. As best he can tell, the ghostly creature still isn't hurt. It pauses for a moment, and then it reaches up to its face, pulling back the shadowy flesh to reveal a hideously twisted visage. It is only human enough to be even more disturbing. Twisting back and forth, it makes sure that both Sen and Nightrival get a chance to see it. Its laughter only adds to the horror.

The blow knocks the ghost back as Nightrival times his attack so that it comes just as the ghost solidifies. As best he can tell, the ghostly creature still isn't hurt. It pauses for a moment, and then it reaches up to its face, pulling back the shadowy flesh to reveal a hideously twisted visage. It is only human enough to be even more disturbing. Twisting back and forth, it makes sure that both Sen and Nightrival get a chance to see it. Its laughter only adds to the horror.

NightrivalHS.jpg

Battling his shaken nerves, Nightrival nonetheless drums up enough courage to tumble underneath the apparition's ghostly legs and makes a dash towards the top of the staircase, which hides the mystical pitfall the heroes almost plummeted into moments ago. He executes a number of cartwheels to disorient their chilling foe.

"W-what's th' matter?" he shouts mockingly at the appariation, "Ya givin' up on me already? I though y-ya said I was easy pickin's!"

Rather than appearing to be steady on his feet, Nightrival clings to the stair's bannister. He hopes to resemble a terrified man who wishes to do nothing more than flee the house, but remains out of foolishness or a mock show of bravery, or both.

Let's see ya bounce back from this, he broods with a small prayer.

NightrivalHS.jpg

Battling his shaken nerves, Nightrival nonetheless drums up enough courage to tumble underneath the apparition's ghostly legs and makes a dash towards the top of the staircase, which hides the mystical pitfall the heroes almost plummeted into moments ago. He executes a number of cartwheels to disorient their chilling foe.

"W-what's th' matter?" he shouts mockingly at the appariation, "Ya givin' up on me already? I though y-ya said I was easy pickin's!"

Rather than appearing to be steady on his feet, Nightrival clings to the stair's bannister. He hopes to resemble a terrified man who wishes to do nothing more than flee the house, but remains out of foolishness or a mock show of bravery, or both.

Let's see ya bounce back from this, he broods with a small prayer.