The Color of Magic [OOC]

Heridfel

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bluff check that the Sense Motive check was made in response to is here. I get one bad roll and one good one with that Toughness save. The blade passing through was the descriptor for his increased Toughness; it still affected his Insubstantial form as normal.

Nightrival is up. He can make a Notice check to try to determine when he might strike and actually hit the thing.

Sen's result on the Knowledge check is enough to let him know that most insubstantial creatures are either metahumans, undead, or spiritual (including angelic or demonic) in nature. Its lust for his sword (and the fact that it is attacking them) suggests something spiritual, either demonic or elemental.

The Bluff check that the Sense Motive check was made in response to is here. I get one bad roll and one good one with that Toughness save. The blade passing through was the descriptor for his increased Toughness; it still affected his Insubstantial form as normal.

Nightrival is up. He can make a Notice check to try to determine when he might strike and actually hit the thing.

Sen's result on the Knowledge check is enough to let him know that most insubstantial creatures are either metahumans, undead, or spiritual (including angelic or demonic) in nature. Its lust for his sword (and the fact that it is attacking them) suggests something spiritual, either demonic or elemental.

Well, it might, but you're making things more complicated on yourself than you otherwise might need. You did well enough on the Notice check to time your attack against the apparition while it is solid, so you could make a regular attack against it. If you try the other method, you'd need to succeed on at least two more skill checks (one to make the thing come after you instead of going after the man with the sword (probably Bluff or Intimidate), and another Bluff check to trick it into charging at you and being solid when it hits the wall). It'll make Sense Motive checks to oppose if you do this.

I'll hold off on the response from the apparition until I hear back from you about which method you would like to use.

Well, it might, but you're making things more complicated on yourself than you otherwise might need. You did well enough on the Notice check to time your attack against the apparition while it is solid, so you could make a regular attack against it. If you try the other method, you'd need to succeed on at least two more skill checks (one to make the thing come after you instead of going after the man with the sword (probably Bluff or Intimidate), and another Bluff check to trick it into charging at you and being solid when it hits the wall). It'll make Sense Motive checks to oppose if you do this.

I'll hold off on the response from the apparition until I hear back from you about which method you would like to use.

You're definitely right that my stunt would be much more complicated than I anticipated. So, instead of tricking the apparition into slamming into the wall, Nightrival will try to draw it away from Sen (I rolled a 24 on my Intimidate check) and will use the previous Notice check to locate the weak spot when the apparition gets close enough. :)

You're definitely right that my stunt would be much more complicated than I anticipated. So, instead of tricking the apparition into slamming into the wall, Nightrival will try to draw it away from Sen (I rolled a 24 on my Intimidate check) and will use the previous Notice check to locate the weak spot when the apparition gets close enough. :)

I always seem to roll well with NPCs, but luck can't hold out forever. This round, it's using a Perception Sense-Dependent Emotion Control (fear) 4 Linked to Perception Sense-Dependent Nauseate 4.

Basically, its face is both frightening and revolting. You need to make a DC 14 Will save to avoid the Emotion Control and a DC 14 Fortitude save to avoid the Nauseate.

I always seem to roll well with NPCs, but luck can't hold out forever. This round, it's using a Perception Sense-Dependent Emotion Control (fear) 4 Linked to Perception Sense-Dependent Nauseate 4.

Basically, its face is both frightening and revolting. You need to make a DC 14 Will save to avoid the Emotion Control and a DC 14 Fortitude save to avoid the Nauseate.

You still need to successfully make the Fortitude save; you are considered to have automatically saved against the fear component of it.

The re-sealing of the ghost after the sword went through it is the way that the successful Toughness save was represented. The Toughness save itself is linked in there; you can see the result.

You still need to successfully make the Fortitude save; you are considered to have automatically saved against the fear component of it.

The re-sealing of the ghost after the sword went through it is the way that the successful Toughness save was represented. The Toughness save itself is linked in there; you can see the result.