• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For reference, our initiatives are:

17 - Kevin (Hub)

10 - Michael

5 - Lop Nar, Lop Nar's minion

Lop Nar is currently up. Having his minion act on his initiative just makes things easier. The locations are as follows:

Kevin: 5th floor of the fire escape

Michael, Lop Nar, and his minion: 17th floor of fire escape, all adjacent to one another

I'll assume that Michael is still on the fire escape (and visible to Kevin), while Lop Nar and the minion are inside. If Kevin can see anything of them, it'd be Lop Nar's black tentacle things.

17 - Kevin (Hub)

10 - Michael

Lop Nar is currently up. Having his minion act on his initiative just makes things easier. The locations are as follows:

Michael, Lop Nar, and his minion: 17th floor of fire escape, all adjacent to one another

I'll assume that Michael is still on the fire escape (and visible to Kevin), while Lop Nar and the minion are inside. If Kevin can see anything of them, it'd be Lop Nar's black tentacle things.

17 - Kevin (Hub)

10 - Michael

The minion still needs to make the rolls to join in the grapple (attack against Defense 11, and the minion can be assumed to have Attack +0 and use Aggressive Stance), and another roll to aid another (grapple check vs. DC 10, grapple modifier +0). Otherwise, you "only" have 20 on your roll.

Kevin's move is to run up the stairs, all-out, which brings him to the 13th floor. I assuming that it takes 15 feet of movement to go up one flight of stairs, which seems about right.

He will then use extra effort to get an additional standard action and Boost the Watcher (+6 to all ability scores). It's happening after the Watcher rolls his initial grapple check, so it won't help this round, but it will help the Watcher's actions next round. Kevin's fatigued, so he won't be able to run all out next round unless he spends a hero point.

I also realized two things.

1) Because Hub's Boost affects all ability scores, the Watcher has a slightly better chance on his Notice checks because his Wisdom modifier goes up (+11 total Notice check instead of +8). That could definitely help next round.

2) Because Hub's power is Subtle and the Watcher needs to see a power to Mimic it, he won't be able to Mimic Hub's power unless Hub knows to not use Subtle. He won't know that, so that will make the odds a little more even. Too bad - I would have liked Hub to benefit from his own ability for once. :)

The minion still needs to make the rolls to join in the grapple (attack against Defense 11, and the minion can be assumed to have Attack +0 and use Aggressive Stance), and another roll to aid another (grapple check vs. DC 10, grapple modifier +0). Otherwise, you "only" have 20 on your roll.

Kevin's move is to run up the stairs, all-out, which brings him to the 13th floor. I assuming that it takes 15 feet of movement to go up one flight of stairs, which seems about right.

He will then use extra effort to get an additional standard action and Boost the Watcher (+6 to all ability scores). It's happening after the Watcher rolls his initial grapple check, so it won't help this round, but it will help the Watcher's actions next round. Kevin's fatigued, so he won't be able to run all out next round unless he spends a hero point.

1) Because Hub's Boost affects all ability scores, the Watcher has a slightly better chance on his Notice checks because his Wisdom modifier goes up (+11 total Notice check instead of +8). That could definitely help next round.

2) Because Hub's power is Subtle and the Watcher needs to see a power to Mimic it, he won't be able to Mimic Hub's power unless Hub knows to not use Subtle. He won't know that, so that will make the odds a little more even. Too bad - I would have liked Hub to benefit from his own ability for once. :)

Ok Lop Nar is using Drain: Constitution with a DC of 16 (standard action). The woman makes an unarmed attack (standard action) and then runs into the kitchen, where she will retrieve the largest knife she owns. (Move action to order her and move action on her part).

This means that Michael is in control of the grapple for now.

Ok Lop Nar is using Drain: Constitution with a DC of 16 (standard action). The woman makes an unarmed attack (standard action) and then runs into the kitchen, where she will retrieve the largest knife she owns. (Move action to order her and move action on her part).