Is this valid?

DrBalloon

Building a Headquarters with high-powered Combat Simulator, then making a continuous power to create a large portal into the simulator, so that the simulator functions overlap with the current (portal) location. I.e. hero walks into location thinking it's what it appears to be, and villain has his pre-programmed deathtrap all set up on location.

Building a Headquarters with high-powered Combat Simulator, then making a continuous power to create a large portal into the simulator, so that the simulator functions overlap with the current (portal) location. I.e. hero walks into location thinking it's what it appears to be, and villain has his pre-programmed deathtrap all set up on location.

Oh, I have no problem with there being clues and hints something is wrong, Heridfel.

But is that a valid method for getting the hero into my (fake) deathtrap? Fake, because while it may look and feel like it's an attempt at assassination or murder, it turns out afterwards to have had safety features and devices to ensure the victim comes through.

Iapyx was a doctor in Ancient Greece, after all.

Oh, I have no problem with there being clues and hints something is wrong, Heridfel.

But is that a valid method for getting the hero into my (fake) deathtrap? Fake, because while it may look and feel like it's an attempt at assassination or murder, it turns out afterwards to have had safety features and devices to ensure the victim comes through.